• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Healthy Living Photo thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^hey dude. aint seen your name around in a while. i hope all is well for you at the moment. :)

^hey dude. aint seen your name around in a while. i hope all is well for you at the moment. :)

Hi Impacto, thanks for the kind words. You are looking quite healthy yourself.

I've been ghosting for awhile, focusing on getting my life in order. So far, so good :) Regular exercise goes a long way to improving one's mental health.

Whoa Fjones you're looking awesome!! What training have you been doing?

Whoa Fjones you're looking awesome!! What training have you been doing?

Four or five days a week of weight training for 90 minutes; Football once a week, racquetball once a week. 4000 calorie daily diet with 160 grams of protein. I find the calorie intake to be more of a chore than the training.

The pic with the tie was taken on Oct. 2nd. Took these yesterday. I probably should start bulking, but I've never been this cut.
DSCN0409.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0414.jpg

nice medial deltoids.

you could be way more jacked if you pounded yourself with some deadlifts (guessing based on your traps you dont do them???)./

You're right, I don't. I should though, maybe I'll make that a goal. I don't have a workout partner and I was scared to do some of the advanced lifts at first. It took me forever to get into doing bent-over rows with the barbell, because I didn't want to risk and injury.

Fjones noticeable improvement since last photos wow man good job.

Whats your split like?

Standard stuff... I do chest, legs, back, shoulders, biceps on five consecutive days. I work in abs, forearms, traps on everything except the legs day.

Thanks...

Breakfast: Raisin Bran w/ protein shake
Preworkout: Bananna, protein shake
Postworkout: Protein shake w/ scoop of powdered gatorade
Lunch: Chicken breast OR tuna with vegatables
1st break at work: Turkey sandwich and yogurt OR 2 hardboiled eggs
2nd break at work: Protein shake
Right before bed: Cottage cheese

I pretty much eat the same thing everyday. If I get hungry in-between the above meals I might snack on a some nuts or have a glass of milk. Other than 100% whey protein, I take a multi-vitaman and 2 fish oil capsules a day. For my metabolism I take a green tea extract pill and an L-Cartnitine pill with breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I have a cup of coffee or a zero carb energy drink at work, sometimes not.

Standard stuff... I do chest, legs, back, shoulders, biceps on five consecutive days. I work in abs, forearms, traps on everything except the legs day.

how many exercises and sets do you do for each bodypart? I never was very attracted to splitting up bodyparts like that but it def works for some.

I focus on progressing in compounds and thats given me more than enough size that I wanted. Anymore size and I will bankrupt myself with my food bill!!! =D

---------

Slackley, check out the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. its very good walkthrough the major lifts (squats, deadlift, bent row, OH press, bench press). Might be perfect for you. I dont have a lifting partner either anymore :\

Good job on the fitness everyone! Wow we have some in shape people here.
totally! They are inspiring me! :)

Thanks...

Breakfast: Raisin Bran w/ protein shake
Preworkout: Bananna, protein shake
Postworkout: Protein shake w/ scoop of powdered gatorade
Lunch: Chicken breast OR tuna with vegatables
1st break at work: Turkey sandwich and yogurt OR 2 hardboiled eggs
2nd break at work: Protein shake
Right before bed: Cottage cheese

I pretty much eat the same thing everyday. If I get hungry in-between the above meals I might snack on a some nuts or have a glass of milk. Other than 100% whey protein, I take a multi-vitaman and 2 fish oil capsules a day. For my metabolism I take a green tea extract pill and an L-Cartnitine pill with breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I have a cup of coffee or a zero carb energy drink at work, sometimes not.

That's an impressive diet, very nutritious. I wish I could each such a diet, but just like junk food too much.

^ not enough carbs or EFAs ...not ideal for building muscle imo

I did think the diet seemed light on total calories. But, it looks like he is cutting and not bulking, at least for the time being.

I find it difficult to get 4000 calories a day within a reasonable food budget unless I consume a lot of sugar. Sugary foods are very inexpensive per calorie.

But, I worry about the health consequences of the amount of sugar I eat. I probably have 200 grams a day. I am also very lazy when it comes to food preparation and don't' cook as often as I should. Pasta dishes could easily replace a lot of those sugar calories, but I am always running around all day from one thing to the next.

Edit: What is an EFA?

essential fatty acid...EVOO, hemp oil, fish oil, primrose oil, cagefree eggs, almonds, grassfed beef. All good sources.

I eat 6 meals a day, 3 'regular' meals and 3 shakes. The shakes have a couple chunks of sweet potatoes and a banana and a cup of pasteurized egg whites + 25g milk protein isolate and a couple spoons of oil. They are about 600 calories each, 1800 calories total for the three/day.

You might want to try some whole food shakes like this...could help you pack in some calories. They are complete meals with a nice balance of aminos/carbs/fats.

I am also very lazy when it comes to food preparation and don't' cook as often as I should. Pasta dishes could easily replace a lot of those sugar calories, but I am always running around all day from one thing to the next.
honestly you have to really want it. Its a big sacrifice of free-time to maximize strength/size gains (ask my gf how often I am prepping food!=D).

I know I could use a few extra calories, etc. in my diet, but I've been trying to get my "costume" cut for halloween. I'll probably bulk during the holidays like everyone else. But I've never had the six pack before so I'll be sad to see it go. On the bright side, it only took me about 2 months to get here from my normal weight with a half assed cardio routine but strictly sticking to above diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.