• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

I'm in the middle of reducing some poppy extract down to a "tar". Or is it SWIM that's doing that? No it's me. I'm quite excited, should make the consumption a bit less of a gut wrench :) I took 15 pods, powdered them and made 1.5 litres of tea. Then I filtered it through coffee filters, they get "clogged" quick though so I ended up using about 15 filters. I've had it sitting in the oven at about 70° for about 30 hours now, with the door ajar to allow water vapour to escape. The oven thermostat light is off most of the time so I don't think it's using much power. The evaporation takes a long time but it's looking like it won't be much longer now.

I should end up with something like this:

E6HtTP3.jpg

That's someone else's end result.

I don't think it'll be smokeable because it's just a crude extract and wouldn't be very nice on the lungs but it should be edible. Ideally I'll have a dry product that I can dissolve into a small volume of water for plugging. That picture makes it look quite dry and possibly something that can be powdered with mortar and pestle.

Anyone else done this?

ye, my result ended up like a flat pankace at the bottom of the pan. The cake was the rolled into balls. TIP - those balls have fuckin rough edges, suck on em for a min 1sr before downing to smooth the pills.

It is a far more palatable way to take ones tea. I should be down to 2 g tomorrow, havent done the calculations on making say 100g/50 if that would yield 50 2 g di=oses. id have to start weighting and sghit then too. Have been pveeing today though, so not to sure ill how ill hold up to some mild WDS. Come on MAN the fuvk up, as clint eastwood is rumoured to have said. Its prlbably not worth the hassle for tiny doses.

apart from rambling, i will be sticking to my morning 2g, evening AH is down to 78 mg. You know at this rate the opiate taper is a piece of piss. What fills tha gap frtterwards though. Not half confident bout quitting benzoes.

It is a far more palatable way to take ones tea. I should be down to 2 g tomorrow, havent done the calculations on making say 100g/50 if that would yield 50 2 g di=oses. id have to start weighting and sghit then too. Have been pveeing today though, so not to sure ill how ill hold up to some mild WDS. Come on MAN the fuvk up, as clint eastwood is rumoured to have said. Its prlbably not worth the hassle for tiny doses.

apart from rambling, i will be sticking to my morning 2g, evening AH is down to 78 mg. You know at this rate the opiate taper is a piece of piss. What fills tha gap frtterwards though. Not half confident bout quitting benzoes.

Is that 2g of tar you're down to? In your "A stupid question?" thread you said you were on 3.5g, I thought you meant unprocessed poppy pods, which wouldn't be much but that amount of tar would be equivalent to quite a lot of pods! Makes sense now.

My extract is almost ready for sampling! I tasted a drop, it's strangely less bitter than the tea, almost sweet.

The last poppies i ordered - allegedly "very strong" turkish hens and chicks - I first tried 2 pods "just to be safe", and felt nothing, then tried 10, then 30, then 100 and still felt fuck all. And I've got zero opiate tolerance. That's put me off the poppies for a while.

The last poppies i ordered - allegedly "very strong" turkish hens and chicks - I first tried 2 pods "just to be safe", and felt nothing, then tried 10, then 30, then 100 and still felt fuck all. And I've got zero opiate tolerance. That's put me off the poppies for a while.

Well I (still) get noticeable effects from 2 pods so you're clearly doing it wrong :D

Perhaps you get better pods - perhaps direct from the Turkish goatherder who grows them himself?...make sure you wash the pods tho - you never know what he had on the bottom of his sandals.

Knock - i just realised i didnt get any 'tar' at all just something exactly resembling a perfect pankace in stickiness, colour, testure etc.

Perhaps its because you used more heat you got a tar

id be interested to hear what happens when you eat them

I only called it a tar because that's what someone else called it on another forum.

I've just taken mine out of the oven just now, and it was a brittle, crisp material which I've ground down to a fine brown powder. I'm just mixed some into a yoghurt and I'm eating it now.

It tastes like a slightly bitter toffee!

edit: well that's the first time in months I've consumed poppies without enjoying a mouthful of my own vomit! Result on the taste, now here's hoping the effects are up to scratch too.

Last edited:
Had a brew of 50g of ground up pod defo the right kind as used before had about 4 pints of liquid after using coffee cafetiere. Just throw up what seems like most of it think using less liquid is the way to go was very bitter as i let it brew over night, i am not opiate naive usually have about 300mg codeine hopefully this will be like a throwing up on a decent pill and will feel better and i have not throw up all the good stuff.
Pupils are small and was just starting to feel a nice warmth maybe was just too much liquid or the pods were a bit too strong and my body has just rejected what i can not the amount that's too much to process.

Here's my end result:

NSFW:
RRhrfoY.jpg

That's 15g of powder from 110g of poppy heads (15 of them). (by the way I've only consumed 2.5g of it, I don't have much of a tolerance)

Feeling it now, so I'm quite pleased with my work!

Fuck sake though, over two days that stuff was sitting in my oven. But it's just sitting there so it's not taking any of my time, apart from checking it every few hours.

james303, I have never left pods to brew that long, usually I leave them for 15 minutes. I think the good stuff is extracted pretty quickly as it's very soluble in water. If you leave it so long you're probably just getting more of the unwanted tars and fats. So that's my suggestion, don't brew it for so long.

edit: actually you have a point on the quantity of water, too, it might well have been too much for your stomach, but if you're trying to get 50g of material into yourself then you're going to need a fair amount of water in the brew to capture the goodies. Maybe you should try reducing the brew down like I have done, but it does take a lot of time. The other option is eating the poppy grounds after you've made your brew, but I couldn't face that myself.

Last edited:
ive now reached the gloatable stage where i can put 2g of pp powder in a rizla and bomb it. Avoids all unpleasantness. To think i used to drink 3 x 30 g glasses of it a day. 8(

You sometimes see poppies for sale that have already been slit. These were the very good stuff but you're doing the equivalent of picking your own fruit. Other times, you can wind up with poppies for exclusively decorative purpose from which the active ingredient has been genetically removed. Doesn't matter how you prepare them, you're never going to get high.

Unless you've reliable confirmation of the honesty of advertisers' claims, you're best off using the seeds from pods that got you offa your head last year; you'll know what to expect, it won't cost you a penny and, with thousands of seeds in every healthy pod, there'll be plenty to go around.

You sometimes see poppies for sale that have already been slit. These were the very good stuff but you're doing the equivalent of picking your own fruit. Other times, you can wind up with poppies for exclusively decorative purpose from which the active ingredient has been genetically removed. Doesn't matter how you prepare them, you're never going to get high.

Unless you've reliable confirmation of the honesty of advertisers' claims, you're best off using the seeds from pods that got you offa your head last year; you'll know what to expect, it won't cost you a penny and, with thousands of seeds in every healthy pod, there'll be plenty to go around.

Without getting into sourcing, the place I get mine from sell them as for decorative purposes only, but I think they know the score from the wording, and they've always been good. I'd love to have my own field of poppies but I doubt they'd do well in the climate here and it would look a bit :sus: to the neighbours...

I've just reconstituted and plugged some of my powder, definitely works, though I'm finding it quite stimulating, maybe some of the morphine has broken down with all the oven-assisted evaporation and I'm left with a thebaine-heavy mix.

The slits mean that the morphine has already been extracted. I guess that might indicate a decent variety, worth harvesting a few seeds from.

Unless the slit was made to deep and the morphine trickled into the pod, rather than gathering on the outside pod walls. You'd be very lucky to find one like that though.

Last edited:
in the climate here and it would look a bit :sus: to the neighbours...

they like a cool climate. Wet summers are a fuckin disaster though. An aquaintance of mine tried to harvest a few this summer, he got a few mere droplets of ooze for his troubles. The poppies themesleves were strong though, being fresh and all that.

Here's my end result:

NSFW:
RRhrfoY.jpg

That's 15g of powder from 110g of poppy heads (15 of them). (by the way I've only consumed 2.5g of it, I don't have much of a tolerance)

Feeling it now, so I'm quite pleased with my work!

Fuck sake though, over two days that stuff was sitting in my oven. But it's just sitting there so it's not taking any of my time, apart from checking it every few hours.

james303, I have never left pods to brew that long, usually I leave them for 15 minutes. I think the good stuff is extracted pretty quickly as it's very soluble in water. If you leave it so long you're probably just getting more of the unwanted tars and fats. So that's my suggestion, don't brew it for so long.

edit: actually you have a point on the quantity of water, too, it might well have been too much for your stomach, but if you're trying to get 50g of material into yourself then you're going to need a fair amount of water in the brew to capture the goodies. Maybe you should try reducing the brew down like I have done, but it does take a lot of time. The other option is eating the poppy grounds after you've made your brew, but I couldn't face that myself.

Cheers for the reply defo think it was leaving to brew for 16 hours was very dark and bitter but smelt wrong next time will stick to brewing that day also think knocking back 2 pints of liquid did not help.

The guerilla pods i had were green, they were germinated very easily from Gigantium seeds, )(at least a 75 % success rate, i think that was my friends errotr i planting too many in a small size, thus stunting them) They had the naturl green colour of young fresh pLANTS after germinating. but they were far stronger weight for weight than the gnarled old brown things I take to bed with me at night. (thats not a reference to a body part btw)

i guess this is one very convulted way ofestablishing whether you have decent pods. Any home chemists on here (presuming its legal to test for morphine content) ?

Last edited:
Thanks dude, I will look into it.

As for the making of the tea itself, get an empty plastic bottle, 2 litres would be ideal, but an empty 1,5L water bottle should do as well.

Empty around 800 grams of seeds in there, then add COLD water, this is essential don't put in warm water.

Close the bottle and shake the shit out of it, for as long as you can. Let sit for a while and then shake again.

Some people argue that adding lemon juice helps with the extraction, I've always used it but I don't know whether it actually works.

Put a piece of tissue, a cut out from a white tshirt you don't wear anymore should do fine, around the bottle opening and fix it was a rubber band.

Empty the liquid out and enjoy.

As I said I haven't done that in years since I discovered kratom, but it's a decent buzz, especially if you're low on money or real opes.