• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

I need to evaporate it off. Boiling destroys morphine so that's not an option. It might be feasible just to leave some in a shallow tray for a few days. But to be honest for that amount of faffing about I'd be tempted to just do a proper acid/base extraction, and rehydrate that for plugging.

I tried the evaporating down to concentrate/solids a few weeks ago. I could see that evaporation was going to be far too slow even when left in a shallow pan on the windowsill on a hot and sunny day. I ended up rigging some kind of contraption over my gas stove. Using grill trays and other bits of metal i raised the shallow pan about 6 inches up from the smallest flame the oven can make. This succeeded in having a temperature hot enough for fairly speedy evaporation, but hopefully not too hot to destroy the morphine. After an hour or so i was left with a solid kind of pancake at the bottom of the pan. I then rolled it up into balls, and thought "yay ive made opium" :eek:8( Then when i had great difficulty smoking it and reading a bit more of my book about poppies and various things that someone said on this thread i realised it wasnt really opium atall. I ended up with concentrated dried poppy tea balls whose only advantage was that they could be swallowed in one gulp. No way was it worth all the hassle though. :\

You don't think it was worth it to avoid the taste of poppy tea? When I started drinking it, I was OK with it, but as time has progressed my gag reflex has started to kick in more and more.

I quite like the idea of being able to swallow a little ball of poppy extract, rather than glugging down a huge cup of tea and risking the puke effect.

Fuck it. Where's the smack.

How does the taste compare to Kratom Tea ?
I had Kratom tea a couple of times and it was vile, especially when strong. Couldnt face it again. Nice buzz though :) Followed by some wretching !!

I had Kratom tea a couple of times and it was vile, especially when strong. Couldnt face it again. Nice buzz though :) Followed by some wretching !!

Kratom tea sounds horrible. Kratom tastes horrible! I reckon kratom tastes worse than poppies. The worst of it is the fact that it's powdered. A mouth full of dry yucky powder, nom not.

I've never made tea out of it. I usually mix 7-12 grams up with a pot of fruit yoghurt, works well and I usually only gag once at the start, then I get over it. It's never made me nauseous either. I rank the effects of kratom highly! I rank it's taste in the gutter.

I think the nausea was born out of the foul taste tbh
How would you rate the Kratom effect to Poppies, in general. I guess they kind of work the same way ?
Could be wrong though

!

Not half as bad as Kratom IMO. Kratom really makes me heave, i find it virtually undrinkable. I think I've kind of re-programmed my brain with PPT, by saying "mmmm" when i drink it, knowing that the worse it tastes, the more alkaloids it will have, and the more it will keep me high/keep w/ds at bay...

Knock if i had all the time in the world i guess i would make the concentrate PPT balls more often. They are kind of handy, slip them into a bag in your pocket etc. As it is i find the whole process of grinding pods, stewing the tea, straining off the mush etc etc all very time consuming and a fuckin drag TBH....

I think the nausea was born out of the foul taste tbh
How would you rate the Kratom effect to Poppies, in general. I guess they kind of work the same way ?
Could be wrong though

I've never had a nod from kratom. I've nodded from poppies. I find kratom like a social mood-lifting stimulant. If I'm out of sorts, kratom puts me in sorts! It's great. But I wouldn't try and get fucked on it, it's medicinal. But very medicinal.

On the other hand, I could happily get fucked on some poppies on a Friday night.

Knock if i had all the time in the world i guess i would make the concentrate PPT balls more often. They are kind of handy, slip them into a bag in your pocket etc. As it is i find the whole process of grinding pods, stewing the tea, straining off the mush etc etc all very time consuming and a fuckin drag TBH....

I don't mind putting time and effort in. The worst bit for me is breaking up the pods by hand so they will fit in my grinder. It leaves me with bleeding hands!

PS "stewing the tea, straining off the mush" I just put my ground pods in a cafetiere, stewing and straining is almost automatic.

This cafetiere, actually:
double-wall-matt-cafetiere.jpg

I remove the lid as it prevents the plunger going all the way down.

Last edited:
I don't mind putting time and effort in. The worst bit for me is breaking up the pods by hand so they will fit in my grinder. It leaves me with bleeding hands!

I thought it was just me that had soft hands as they make mine bleed too, ive started using those disposable latex gloves, and they get ripped to shreds after a few uses, so you can see how sharp the pods are. I really need to start tapering down, ive been too disorganised, short of time, to make a big batch of powder so i can get a consistent strength and then at least find my stable dose, and then taper down from that. Im up to about 20 heaped tablespoonfulls of powder a day atm.....

Cafetiere - how very middle class ! :p ;)

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried cooking pods? I know too high heat will destroy the morphine but a quick saute, or maybe pods as an ingredient in a well seasoned soup? I well know that the taste of the pods is pretty bad, but personally I dont think they are as bad as alot of people whine about. It may be worth experimenting with some recipies to make the pods more palatable, as eating the entire pod is the best way to get all of the alkaloids. Pureeing the pods should help free the alkaloids up as well.

I currently have a box of pods that are roughly 4 months old - and another box that is one year old. Would it be ok to use these? There doesn't appear to be "much" mould in the capsules of the newest ones (just the odd pod) but the older box looks slightly hairy inside (the pods that is). Anyone consumed mouldy pods?

I wouldn't eat mouldy pods. Fuck knows what mould it is! Could be benign, might shrivel your kidneys.

I'm going to try to attach my traditional French manual coffee grinder to my Kenwood electric food processor soon, to grind down my pod stock without effort. Should be fun!

robshaka said:
I currently have a box of pods that are roughly 4 months old - and another box that is one year old. Would it be ok to use these? There doesn't appear to be "much" mould in the capsules of the newest ones (just the odd pod) but the older box looks slightly hairy inside (the pods that is). Anyone consumed mouldy pods?

I wish that I could say that I have not, but when an opium addict gets down to their last brew and a few of the pods turn out to have mold in them, what is one to do?

Fuck it. I have done it a few times, and it never made me sick. I just make certain the water is good and sanitizing when that is the scenario.

It's definately not wise to be consuming any pods that have hairy mould inside them, that could be harbouring something very nasty.

Despite attempting to take the piss slightly out of your cafetiere Knock ive really got to upgrade the grinders im using (£16 from argos). I always have 2 on the go at the same time, to speed up the process, but even that is far too slow, ive already worn out 2 of them, luckily argos just replaced them no questions asked, dont know how long i can keep doing that for lol. I never hold down the grind button for more than 5 or 6 seconds, dont overload them, and no longer bother with the gnarly, knotty, rock hard crowns, figuring they were responsible for breaking my first grinder within a week or so. Without using the crowns, the other grinder lasted a couple of months before dying.....

Thankfully my consumption has almost halved of late, im down from 20 tablespoonfulls per day to 11. Gonna be making it 10.5 or 10 over the weekend. So there'll be less grinding to do all round....

Last edited:
Cheers, think I'll need to throw out the year old pods. Anyone in the UK noticed that one of the main pod vendors only sells Gigs now? (since the past year) Previously he was selling Hen n Chicks as well as Dutch Maxi. Anyone heard if this was a supply issue that might be resolved? I can't seem to get a old of the vendor.

Despite attempting to take the piss slightly out of your cafetiere Knock ive really got to upgrade the grinders im using (£16 from argos). I always have 2 on the go at the same time, to speed up the process, but even that is far too slow, ive already worn out 2 of them, luckily argos just replaced them no questions asked, dont know how long i can keep doing that for lol. I never hold down the grind button for more than 5 or 6 seconds, dont overload them, and no longer bother with the gnarly, knotty, rock hard crowns, figuring they were responsible for breaking my first grinder within a week or so. Without using the crowns, the other grinder lasted a couple of months before dying.....

I wiped down a food processor that had been sitting on top of my kitchen units for a few years. It was fucking filthy, you know how things get covered in sticky shit in kitchens? I don't know what it is but it's horrible, so there was that plus the bowl had something stuck to the inside, I have no idea what it was, I spent an hour removing it with a scouring pad! I inherited this food processor from my pal when he died, fuck knows what he had done to it. Anyway. It's clean now. So I used that to break down the pods before grinding them in my coffee grinder tonight, worked a treat, saved my fingers from bleeding.

It's a Magimix Cuisine Système 4100, one of these:

145131088.jpg

using the grating disc. I could have made three or four cups of poppy pod tea by hand in the time it took to clean the bastard, though.

I still had to use my manual grinder to finish it off though. One of these:

il_fullxfull.352979855_t3sj.jpg

It's hard work but I don't think it'll ever need replaced.

EDIT And I think my other pal has nicked my fucking kenwood food processor, as I couldn't find that. Or maybe I'm imagining I ever had it, not sure.

Last edited:
Yum. Still fucked off last night's cup of tea! 20g of dry pod wiped me out in a good way :) Stuff works magic on me.

i dont have any real idea but I would go with mould, seeing as it is all made up of ever expanding circles which fits in with a bacteria colony growing...

This thread is making me want to give this a go :D

This thread is making me want to give this a go :D

I believe that this would be a particularly bad time of the year to start, or 'have a go' with pods. Stockists are calling it 'end of season' and are seeing a greater number of pods looking like those pictured above. I suspect you are right about the mould btw, just optimistically hoping someone credible will come along and say "thats just opium staining" 8)

i don't know, i can't really tell from that pic.

only towards the end of my poppy consuming i started rinsing the outsides.

the only ones i wouldn't use were those where the inside was fucked, like all the seeds were fucked. you'd know if it you saw it. and if the walls weren't normal, i.e. had degraded.