• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Maintenance and After-care Thread

The thing is it's difficult what to tell these people when you have a child but to be fair I've told my key worker a lot and she says they're not into contacting social and having kids removed etc because then people won't go there and seek the necessary help they need. They wish to help people and it's so nice to "actually be treated like a human being with feelings," when you become a single parent people treat you, almost like you no longer matter anymore but are just this thing to care for a child. I know that may come out wrong but it's how it feels and I've felt extremely down over it for a long time. Just because I've a child doesn't mean I've stopped feeling and being in need of any happiness but it doesn't feel that way... People exist you just to exist and that's it. My key worker has always listened and treated me like a human being with feelings and emotions, in need of happiness, which is something I've desperately been seeking. Because when you're a parent people treat you like you no longer matter n if you dare to say how you feel you're treated like scum for it... it's almost like you have to pretend to be someone you're not just to be accepted by others.

Evey

I think the key part of what you said there is that your DSP does not use what you say to go behind your back and report you to social services or whoever - as you point out, nobody with children would ever seek treatment if that were the case. Obviously I am not in that position so can't really know how it feels but I do know that part of tackling any addiction - no matter the situation or circumstance - is to be honest with the people trying to help you. And also with yourself, of course. This is their job - they deal with these type of situations all day every day and if they weren't able to deal with such things in a professional manager they wouldn't last long in their job. They really are there to help... and they really can only help to the best of their ability if they know the true situation. Not saying it's an easy thing to discuss these type of matters with anybody but that is what they are there for, what they are trained to do, and are - for the most part - pretty good at.

Bump!

Latest update for me. I'm back on 8 mg suboxone but will be going down to 6mg in next few weeks when doctor has changes form off key worker.

As most of you know going down so quick had me erratic n irritable.

So I came clean with key worker n doing it a bit slower but want off the crap.

To any of you overcoming addictions - how are you doing? Please feel free to share here for any support - and we can support each other through this.

Evey

Sigh just been to see my key worker for last time, as she's a new role - so I'm having a new one :(

They've changed my prescription to 6mg, which starts Monday. I can't wait. I feel that they are letting me have some control over how I reduce my suboxone which is good n what I need. Taking that away from me would hinder my progress n make me panic.

My key worker said I'm in secondary card as codeine is classed as higher risk due to the paracetamol / iboprofen. And that some others go into Primary care.

Evey

Ugh! Am I that sad that I'm looking forward to going down to 6mg on Monday????
I feel like Christmas is coming. I can't wait to be off the stuff. If I don't have my dose by a certain time in the morning I feel out of sorts - extremely cold yet hot n sweaty. I feel tired all the time , fat, no energy. I just want off the stuff. And my back is stiff n really hurts.

If I end up extremely nitpickingly-irritably angry I'm just going to have to deal with it n find the underlying causes for why my emotions are/have been as they are. I can 't keep medicating them with sunstances. Blah.

Evey

Day 1 taking 6 mg today. So far I feel fine :) xxxx
Can't wait to be off this stuff

Evey

I'm still chugging along on my diazepam taper, getting there slowly but surely (although I am going a little out of my mind).

Used a few 'legitimately' obtained opiates recently which I shouldn't have really. Still, I'm relatively pleased with my progress.

Good luck with the taper, Owen. You've done really well n should be proud of yourself (sorry if that comes out as patronising).

You n I never got on at first but I've grown to like n eespect you. I think you 'll do this. Just remember how you came off 24mg suboxone. I'll be honest with you, I didn't think you could do it n was incrediky worried - I'm glad you proved me

Evey

I knew it wouldn't be easy but I was prepared in terms of having experienced really heavy wd over a long period before and so knew what to expect, and had also prepared loads of meds for symptomatic relief.

If I didn't have the commmitment of needing a straight enough head and body to be doing uni I would jump off my diazepam dose right now and stop fucking about with a taper. Was planning on doing both detoxes over the summer but the first one took too much out of me over too long a period to carry on straight through with another.

I can deal with physical withdrawal. It 's easy as. It's like the flu with add ons n I've an ace immune system n can ward off a say two-week illness in say, a day. Plus it's nice "feeling sorry for myself" chilling out, watching TV, so to speak.

It's the psychological withdrawal i can't deal with. I couldn't deal with codeine withdrawal n everyone seems to be surprised that I'm struggling with tapering suboxone.

Owen, I've a lot of respect for you. I wish I could do what you do, but I have to think of lilvibe. Last time I tried quitting antidepressants I got angry n threw a toaster across the room. Last time I halved my suboxone I became erratic n ended up with a month's infraction.

I'm sorry I ever took opiates for the slip disc now as it's caused me nothing but s***.

PS: the only good thing to come out of it was that I found Bluelight.

Evey

Are you still on anti-depressants? to my knowledge you are only taking suboxone.

And how did you and your daughter gain the nicknames "vibe"? lol

Errrrrr my daughter????

People are backstabbing , out to hurt you.

As Stone Cold , Steve Austin (WWE) says Don't Trust Anybody.

You can't get hurt that way, can you ?! No one can stab you in the back. No one can pretend to be your friend. Pretend to care. And while you're in blissful ignorance stab you in the back.

That's what people do, almost everyone anyway.

My employers did it. My ex did it. And certain friends did it as well as a certain organisation. People are manipulative n out for what they can get.

I'm single with no friends n prefer it that way as no one can hurt or manipulate me as most people do.

Evey

Fair play to you for that post Evey, just got one thing to say, walls are really easy to build, but they can be bastards to knock down.

You look after yourself and little Eve.

Well I can certainly understand wanting to be careful about what you say because you are worried about losing your daughter.

Not trusting anybody sounds like a really shit miserable way to live to me, I wouldn't want to live like that. I've been hurt before but that's life, phase out the people who will hurt you and get closer to the ones who will help you imo. Fuck living your whole life based on 'what if....', that's just me though.

I certainly have no intention of telling you how to live your life. I'm far from being an expert on successful living....

Cutting out all trust with other humans sounds like a very lonely existence though.

Been hurt n manipulated by ppl far too much that I find trusting people n being close to people difficult. The last person close to me was my ex n i found out such horrific things when 39 weeks pregnant. He's in jail for four years now but I was going to spend the rest of my life with him. Was made to separate, punished over him n while I was being punished (can't really explain on here) he was getting away with stuff, living his life, fucking other woman.

While we were together he was emotionally abusive, slept with a close friend n many other women, talked to women on the net for hours while I stupidly travelled 2 hours each weekend to be with him. Made me feel like an ugly cow while he could get anyone, tried getting me to perform sexual acts on the net for people to watch.

And if ever i disagreed with him he 'd cut contact with me for ages or threaten to end the Relationship.

I find it EXTREMELY difficult to cut people out my life but after my ex I make sure I'll NEVER be hurt like that again. Took me two years to get over him n to put my life together then something happened concerning him in 2012 which (along with slip disc) drove me to totally abuse codeine to escape it all n the intense feelings of anger i felt over it all.

Because of what he'd done i wasn't allowed to "feel." I had to sweep it all under the carpet n act like I was over it.

And this is me talking totally sober.

No way will i let anyone hurt me that way again as i literally felt like my insides had been torn open n fed back to Me. But the world kept turning n it just felt like pure grief for two years.

Evey

Wow, I was just about to write the synopsis of my horrid story, but you've summed up most of the feelings. MPA is my DOC, and I'd been using every day for about two years previously, but always a set amount over a day, more at the weekend for fun etc. At the end of last year I met my most recent ex, who convinced me to leave my previous ex, which I will never forgive myself because the previous ex is a good man, despite the fact that out relationship was sizzling out. I moved in with this guy in march, lost my job because the commute was silly (amongst other factors, but whatever) but I was not allowed to claim benefits, despite the fact that we'd furnished our dream home almost exclusively on my credit. When I finally DID claim, I got ESA cos I was too stressed to find a job, and he banned me from taking mpa and I had horrific fatigue, depression and loss of libido as you might expect. Similarly, he tried to get me to go on camgirl sites to try and earn a bit of extra money, and one day while he was at work i nervously set it up and did some striptease, nothing too shocking, I found it to be silly fun, especially when i'd managed to sneak-order the odd bag of mpa every few weeks or so. Somehow someone local saw me and emailed him and he went ballistic, calling me prostitute, slut, whore, anything to try and make me feel like shit even though it was HIS idea.

I became isolated from my friends and family having moved 20 miles away, and he often told me that my friends didn't love me anymore because otherwise they would message me and visit me etc. They tried, they really did, bless them, but every time my phone went off it'd be "who's that?" or angrier if it was one of my male friends. For context, I am bisexual so I am particularly infuriated by the fact that if I cheated with a female friend, he'd probably get off on it. He controlled all my finances, and when i got a job, i was still doing all the housework instead of sharing. Then he lost HIS job, and I still did all the housework. Then I lost mine, and it started spiralling from there. I've ebayed everything of any value, paid all his bills, cleaned out all his pets (17 reptiles of various kinds) that were all not kept under ideal conditions, then he'd use them as another weapon to beat me down with, saying i'd have to sell MY beardie, MY snakes, MY turtle to pay the bills. During the last two weeks of our relationship, I ate six weeks of venlafaxine, then spent a week in withdrawl from it before i went back to the docs to say i'd fucked up, and i also had a night where i was so determined to block everything out that i drank half a bottle of whisky, a bottle of wine, several 5mg diazys and had a bit of a psychotic break as i went into the kitchen and hacked up my arms and legs with a bread knife. He called the police, which technically was good but I'm fairly sure he told them I was threatening him with the knife when in fact i was lying on my back self harming and screaming at the top of my lungs surrounded by my own blood.The police were bloomin' lovely though and took me to hospital to get patched up and i was given the option of help with domestic abuse. It's not that bad yet, i told myself but kept the details anyway,

We split a month ago and I realised I was going to have to play by his rules if i was gonna ever get my stuff back. And when I initially left with a bag of stuff to take to mums i had to call the police as he was threatening me. On furniture removal day, i brought police with me but they couldn't stay long, and only started breaching the peace once they were well out of range. I needed to call them out again and obviously he put his straight face on so that I was to blame for wasting police time. The third time, he was obstructing access for the removals men by locking the door, which i stood against to keep open. At this point he assaulted me by grabbing the side of the door and ramming it into my back, but luckily I anticipated his move and pressed record on my cameraphone, then when it was done, called the police again who watched my video and nicked him on the spot, leaving me to escape with all my stuff but only two of my darling snakes, the rest of the animals have been sold on now which just destroys me.

He's been very clever to avoid breaching his bail terms (no contact including via third party) by taking advantage of one of our mutual friends and unfortunately i have no other option than to forward it all to the police as i can't live in fear any longer. So as one might expect, upon arriving back at my parents house, i buy a big bag of mpa, some etizolam and go bingeing. I think I've done

a gram and a half in the last 24 hours alone and it's ruining my day EVERY day now, i've been taking it for so long that i eyeball every dose, then add an extra 30% for good luck. i plan to buy one more bag and some gelcaos so that i can make tapered gelcaps for the next few weeks. The last three weeks or so have been such a massive weight on my mind, being craxy for most of ir

Ain't nobody got time for that> jeez
thus um, about it for now.

tl:dr - just left abusive relationship which triggered my mpa addiction. Gonna buy some gelcaps off ebay to make measured doses instead of monster lines and hopefully tsper that off too. Could totes do whtout it all really! )

A whole week without booze and complete healthy eating. And thats proper healthy eating using raw organic ingredients, not supermarket branded healthy eating which isnt actually healthy at all. Ahhh

Why does MotherVibe delete all her posts??

Nearly 9 days without any intoxication, this is killing me. Im even reading books now. Dear oh dear