• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Dreams Megathread vs We Need To Go Deeper

I have a tooth that I call my baby tooth because it is way smaller than the rest. I constantly have dreams that I am pushing it out of my mouth. Every time I wake up scared as shit that I'm going to look into the mirror and not have my baby tooth. ICKY!!!!

I had dreams like this and I ended up falling and smashing 4 top teeth in half in the front of my mouth on a granite counter top. 3 veneers, some bonding and 5000$ later, I no longer have that dream. :p

Ew, yuck..I've had the tooth getting knocked dream a few times. Never gets any less unpleasant. I always get up and check all my teeth, and remember that good dentists today kick ass.

Classic anxiety/powerlessness dream, it seems like most people have had this exact dream at some point, I can't think of many others that are so common.
Sometimes dreams can have a much more mundane explanation; I had a recurring dream for years where I would be trying to walk or run but one of my legs was somehow paralysed and would drag behind me. I thought this had a psychological meaning until I finally realised it was because I sometimes went to sleep on my back with my ankles crossed. The sensation of one leg being restrained triggered the same feeling in the dream!

I've had loads of dreams where my teeth fall out and they're one of the worst kinda dreams you could have imo. It's right up there alongside those dreams where you're trying to run away from someone and you can't move. Or the ones where you scream and no sound comes out. :!

Anyway, I've been having a recurring dream myself for about the last year. It must be at least once a week now. My dream involves rats, usually a couple of them in a cage. Then they start multiplying like Gremlins and start spilling out of the cage and running loose around the room. I always wake up in a sweat at that moment.

i have a crown (temp)
recently the temp popped off, while i was flossing.. lol
i had dreams about it after. they were awful! :D

i dont think they were psychological though

Oh man I <3 my dreams, I couldn't live without them. Every single night I have at least 4 or 5 extremely vivid and realistic dreams. So it's like I live 2 lives, one awake, one asleep.
I have had the loose tooth dream ONCE, when I was about 15.
I tend to have a lot of dreams where I'm running away from something but can't run fast enough to get away, no matter how hard I try. Frustrating! I think this is a fairly common dream too.
tribal girl said:
It's right up there alongside those dreams where you're trying to run away from someone and you can't move. Or the ones where you scream and no sound comes out. :!
Yes! So frustrating!

Rhombus said:
Sometimes dreams can have a much more mundane explanation; I had a recurring dream for years where I would be trying to walk or run but one of my legs was somehow paralysed and would drag behind me. I thought this had a psychological meaning until I finally realised it was because I sometimes went to sleep on my back with my ankles crossed. The sensation of one leg being restrained triggered the same feeling in the dream!
Hehe yes I went through a phase when I was about 12 of having a dream every night that a monster was biting my foot, but it turned out that I was sleeping in a position that cut off the circulation to that foot, so it fell asleep and was all tingley and sore!

The only time I ever tripped on salvia it felt like all my teeth fell out. It was terrible :(

It means that you are doing something that you don't want to be doing... Or so I'm told by my tarot lady.

I saw an episode of some show on tv called.....fuck....i cant remember now. some lawyer show with meryl streep on it and there was this dude that had dreams like that and he killed himself eventually. i think they said that he had anxiety about something he was keeping secret.

I've had this dream twice, both in the same night, worst dream I've ever had. It was accompanied by an extremely loud ringing noise, that was the most horrible bit. My bloodied teeth falling out into my hands was secondary. I was fucking glad to wake up in the morning haha

n3ophy7e said:
Oh man I <3 my dreams, I couldn't live without them. Every single night I have at least 4 or 5 extremely vivid and realistic dreams. So it's like I live 2 lives, one awake, one asleep.

same here.

most mornings i remember the adventure/s of the previous night. it's amazing stuff.

australian aborigines hold dreams up to the highest regard, and as i understand it, they have a saying that when someone doesn't know they're dreams, they are lost in life.

i used to dream about my teeth grinding so hard in my mouth that they would fall out, not anymore thou.

I have a recurring dream where my a couple of my molars crumble in my mouth.

I can feel the sensation of it as their shattered remnants swish around in my mouth, even now as I type this having though of it. It is fucking nauseating....

Ive had this dream before too. At least 3 times that I can think of. I cant remember what was going on in my life during those times, but I can say its been a long time since Ive had a dream like that.

Ive also had a really, really bad dream about uncontrollable urination. (lol) it sounds funny but it was awful! In the dream I had to pee, like normal and walked into a public restroom. Everything was normal except when the pee started coming out it came out with volume and force resembling a firemans hose! It was bouncing off the walls of the stall and completely soaking me and no matter how I tried I couldn't stop peeing! Then it began flooding the bathroom and I remembers screaming and crying that I was drowning in my own pee and woke up crying.

It was a bad dream. :(

Do you grind your teeth in your sleep? I was researching teeth grinding cuz my wife does it at night and drives me crazy! :( Anyway, I read that people who grind often have dreams of loosing their teeth

^i don't grind, but like i mentioned earlier, i tongue thrust, which is what i attribute the dreams to. it's also not unusual for me to bite my tongue in my sleep (the side of it) and it sucks cuz it's so sore for days after. i've woke up because of it before.

i had these alot when i used to breathe with my mouth fairly wide open and an old chipped tooth exposed became sensitive to the cold air.
they really are disturbing.