• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids The blue Fentanyl pills: should I snort, smoke, or plug?

FunctionalJnkieGrl

Bluelighter
Which route lasts the longest and which is the safest? I'm looking for long-lasting effects rather than a short rush and I don't use needles. My normal OP 40's supply is unavailable for a month and the blue fentanyl pills are all I can find.

Unless you actually know how much fent is in a pill you shouldnt take it. No matter which way you take fent it lasts euphoria anyway oxy is far better.

But i personally would take them orally as they will last longer that way. I smoked fent gell back in the day and the high only lasted a few mins and sucked. Eating lasted far longer

Safest is probably smoked. You can sort of tailor the experience incrementally. Once you've snorted or eaten something there's no going back.

Smoked is also the shortest lasting. Still, you're better off smoking them. Though technically you'd be better off avoiding them. Isn't especially enjoyable.

Don't fuck around with them unless you have someone with you that has narcan. Shit isn't worth dying over.

I have a tolerance to the 100mcg fentanyl patches. Is it possible that 1 pill could contain much more than that?

Orally they seem to have no effect. And I've noticed that if you have a tolerance to opioids they really aren't dangerous at all. I smoke on average about 15 a day. And never been close to overdosing on them.

Safest is probably smoked. You can sort of tailor the experience incrementally. Once you've snorted or eaten something there's no going back.

Smoked is also the shortest lasting. Still, you're better off smoking them. Though technically you'd be better off avoiding them. Isn't especially enjoyable.

Don't fuck around with them unless you have someone with you that has narcan. Shit isn't worth dying over.
The 1 other time I used them, I smoked them and it was indeed short-acting. I even traded them for op's once the op's were available. It's been over a year since I've taken any of those pressed blues though. It just sucks the oxy won't be available for a month. It's pretty much "Buy the fetty or get sick". Those are my unfortunate options. 😕

I have a tolerance to the 100mcg fentanyl patches. Is it possible that 1 pill could contain much more than that?

How much of the patch do you take and how do you take it?

It's probably not likely that they'll have more than an entire 100mcg patch (which is over 15mg total). But it is possible.

How much of the patch do you take and how do you take it?

It's probably not likely that they'll have more than an entire 100mcg patch (which is over 15mg total). But it is possible.
When I get the patches (which is every once in a blue moon now), I'd just wear 1 whole patch for a few days, then chew it up after day 3 to get my money's worth. I use to cut to the chase and skip wearing them in the past though. I would cut up the 100mcg patches into 16 pieces and eat it throughout the course of 1 day--until I learned that it would last much longer if I simply just worn them like they were intended.

Last edited:
When I get the patches (which is every once in a blue moon now), I'd wear just wear 1 whole patch for a few days, then chew it up after day 3 to get my money's worth. I use to cut to the chase and skip wearing them the past though. I would cut up the 100mcg patches into 16 pieces and eat it throughout the course of 1 day--until I learned that it would last much longer if I simply just worn them like they were intended.

Well I think the average amount of fentanyl from one of the blue pressed 30s is a little less than 2mg. But this is just the average and they range from much less to over 20mg.

The older gel type 100mcg/hr fentanyl patches I used to use had 16.8mg of fentanyl in them. So this very roughly equivalent to 7 of the "average" pressed fent pills. Yet it's possible to get a single hot pill stronger than one patch. Also, I don't know if the fentanyl patch formulation had changed. Its possible they don't contain as much, because if they were 100% efficient they'd only need 7.2mg (100mcg/hr x 72 hours = 7.2mg).

If were fooling around with those pills I'd probably buy a bunch and grind them all into a fine powder, thus hopefully winding up with a more consistent batch.

The 1 other time I used them, I smoked them and it was indeed short-acting. I even traded them for op's once the op's were available. It's been over a year since I've taken any of those pressed blues though. It just sucks the oxy won't be available for a month. It's pretty much "Buy the fetty or get sick". Those are my unfortunate options. 😕

Just keep in mind the fent will likely blow your tolerance out of the water.

Once your OPs come back around there is a good chance your tolerance will be so fucking high that you may never go back to the legit meds, unless you’re eating handfuls of the op 40s at time, which isn’t likely sustainable.

Just food for thought.

This is exactly how I ended up doing 1-2 buns a day of fent before I cleaned my act up.
My plug for real heroin fell off for a bit so I had to search out new material. Once I did a few bags of fent, even the best heroin in the world wouldn’t keep me well.

Good luck
Always, fair winds and following seas

Just keep in mind the fent will likely blow your tolerance out of the water.

Once your OPs come back around there is a good chance your tolerance will be so fucking high that you may never go back to the legit meds, unless you’re eating handfuls of the op 40s at time, which isn’t likely sustainable.

Just food for thought.

This is exactly how I ended up doing 1-2 buns a day of fent before I cleaned my act up.
My plug for real heroin fell off for a bit so I had to search out new material. Once I did a few bags of fent, even the best heroin in the world wouldn’t keep me well.

Good luck
Always, fair winds and following seas
True. That was the case with the patches when my plug wasn't able to get op 40's. I was taking op 40's as usual when suddenly they were unavailable for a while, but he randomly acquired 75mcg patches. When the op's were back and the patches were gone for good, my tolerance was fucked. Took me a week or so of semi-withdrawals to stop jonesing and get used to op 40's again. Now that the op's are gonna be unavailable for a month and all that's around are fentanyl blues, I'm certainly worried that my tolerance to Op's is gonna inevitably need some adjusting once I can get them again. It sucks, but that's the shitty state of things at the moment.

When I get the patches (which is every once in a blue moon now), I'd just wear 1 whole patch for a few days, then chew it up after day 3 to get my money's worth. I use to cut to the chase and skip wearing them in the past though. I would cut up the 100mcg patches into 16 pieces and eat it throughout the course of 1 day--until I learned that it would last much longer if I simply just worn them like they were intended.

That's minuscule tolerance to what pill might contain. If such pill was to manifest in front of me and I would have to take it I would crush it good and divided that into many piles. Best weighted with mg scale otherwise paper with 1mm squeares could be used to make piles of aproximaetely same weight. Than I would put it under my tongue and hold it quite a bit, waited and proceed to increase the dose almost Shulgin style. That's how strong fent's are. I had trouble weighting out doses with cheapish mg scale and it's several times less potent than standard fentanyl. And even with patches had troubles hitting the sweet spot (as much as there's such thing with fent lol), meaning that bucal and sublingual use of 1/x, sometimes as litle as one 1/25 and those were less potent than yours and it would knock me out if hold too long. Transdermal route is safest as high is build op over hours making. Too bad you can't use pill like that.

definitely would do incremental smoking, in lifgt of harm reduction & safety. like someone mentioned above, once your snort it or eat it there’s no going back.

be safe, have fun, and have someone around or on the phone while you do it just in case you hit a really strong hotspot. much love

definitely would do incremental smoking, in lifgt of harm reduction & safety. like someone mentioned above, once your snort it or eat it there’s no going back.

be safe, have fun, and have someone around or on the phone while you do it just in case you hit a really strong hotspot. much love
Chances of ODing are bigger with smoking and I think that sublingual use is ideal for testing potency. If they really do range from 2 - 20mg as that's insane amount. Maybe for folks with heavy tolerance smoking it is a good way of testing but when I tried vaping and smoking patch I wasn't able to hit a sweet spot and it was either I hardly feel anything or I'm puking. With butyr-fent I was sometimes able to hit the sweet spot but still hardly even with morphine tolerance, tho that was pure powder.
Only thing why maybe I'm wrong is if for some reason inert stuff in the pill doesn't make it good for that roa but somehow doubt as even sublingual patch, in fact small fraction of it, if chewed up from time to time hits really fast and seems to loose big part of fent that way many times faster than transdermal, at least it felt so.

Thinking about it, fuck that. Really fuck starting such a habit if you value your life. I think getting onto substitution therapy is much better option if one is for some reason in strong need of strong opiates.

Also, would I have to re-dose frequently throughout the day with the blues? With op's, I only need to dose once or twice a day and with a patch, I was good for 3 whole days. Its been over a year since i've used the pressed pills, but I recall them being very short-lived and having to dose 3 or 4 times a day. I was smoking them though. Maybe they won't wear off so quickly with other routes.

Also, would I have to re-dose frequently throughout the day with the blues? With op's, I only need to dose once or twice a day and with a patch, I was good for 3 whole days. Its been over a year since i've used the pressed pills, but I recall them being very short-lived and having to dose 3 or 4 times a day. I was smoking them though. Maybe they won't wear off so quickly with other routes.
It does last longer via other routes than with I.V. or smoking. Once you figure out how potent they are you'll figure out which route you'll find best but be very careful as BA and onset is very different for each. Even bucal and sublingual don't have same BA.

I'm from time to time pretty reckless with some drugs but honestly I would be really worried using such a pill without mg scale. In fact I think that's most important thing if pills is of higher potency. I have no idea how heavy are those pills but if they have 20mg even if it's really big pill that might be really hard to dose for someone without tolerance.
I would divide pill into at least 50 doses for a start. If it turns out, you don't feel anything from some dose do that + one more pile. It seems that pills are dirt cheap compared to potency so I assume "wasting" one figuring out potency isn't bad cuz misjudging it could be fatal, and that would be a real shame.

In fact better so divided into 100 doses as those of highest potency might be dangerous in a sense that you hardly feel one pile but smoking double of that is too much.

It does last longer via other routes than with I.V. or smoking. Once you figure out how potent they are you'll figure out which route you'll find best but be very careful as BA and onset is very different for each. Even bucal and sublingual don't have same BA.
Thanks for the pro-tip. I'll start very small (like 1/4 of a pill) to gauge the strength of each pill. I'm assuming each pill could have a different strength? Too bad there's no way to know for sure.