Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
It's a league game, Smokey

"A lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of interested parties."

The first time I saw Lebowski, I thought it was ok, however after umpteen viewings of the film, I find myself laughing all the way through. It's definitely a film that you need to come back to a few times in order to fully appreciate it. The dialog is clever and flows smoothly, how could you not enjoy it?

"Nice marmet."

Too many fond memories of this film, too many faded days of sitting back with homies and watching this movie. I proudly sport this as an aim message:

"What do you do for recreation?"
"Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."

Not my all-time favorite Coen Bros. film (Raising Arizona), but a close second.

"OVER THE LINE!"

As everyone here has said, it is definitely one that grows on you. I did not enjoy much the first time I saw it. I had never watched it again until last year when I had a roommate who watched it at least three times a week. Definitely got more into it as time went on.

lol.. one scene i remember was Goodman going crazy in the bowling alley with his gun, 'Nam flashbacks? haha

"Bullshit Walter, Mark it 8 Dude"
"Smokey, you mark it 8 and you are entering a world or hurt"

^^
I think I have all of you beat:

I read the screenplay for this movie about a year before it came out. I was laughing out loud the entire time I was reading it. After several months of helpless anticipation, it was finally released... on a school day, so I skipped. I skipped school to see a movie, The Big Lebowski, on opening day. I then went to see the movie in the theater any time I didn't have anything better to do, which was quite often.

I would say I saw The Big Lebowski on the big screen somewhere around 20 times during it's first run. The only other movie that comes close to this personal record is Boogie Nights, with a total of 16 viewings over the duration of it's first run, and not counting the hundreds of times I saw it during it's second run at the movie theater I was employed at.

I then ganked the huge Lebowski standee from my thater's lobby. And I do mean HUGE. This standee is six feet tall and aboutten feet long. It took up an entire wall of my bedroom.

Yes, I am a Coen fanatic to this day. They have yet to make a movie that is anything less that genius, and they hopefully never will.

Adios,
Steve

An interesting footnote: I sent the screenplay for The Big Lebowski, Intolerable Cruelty, Beavis & Butthead Do America and The Usual Suspect to Drew @ Drew's Script-O-Rama, who got the screenplay for Lebowski online but LOST all my other screenplays... yeah... nice guy.

Last edited:
saw it again yesterday, a classic,does anyone know if the dvd has the 2 turturro cameo scenes as chapter's , that would make it perfect =D

'Dude, your being very un-Dude.'

This film opened me up to the world of great cimema - watched it countless times.
The Coen Brothers are brilliant. I Just adore that Film Noir feeling, esp. in Miller's Crossing.

...big lebowski and millers crossing are in my top 25. i actually like miller's more. both are adaptation's of older film scripts.

righteous bumpage

introduced titania to the big lebowski after finally getting hold of a copy of the DVD... fuck it's so good.

the little details. like in the introduction, when the dude's at the checkout and bush is saying 'this aggression will not stand' - i only just realised that's what the dude says to lebowski at their first meet.

^ The movie's full of those kinds of little connections like that! :D Kinda like how they keep repeating random phrases like "in the parlance of our times." I also like the way the dialogue goes when the Dude meets Maude for the first time...

Maude: Do you like sex, Mr. Lebowski?
The Dude: 'Scuse me?
Maude: Sex. The physical act of love. Coitus. Do you like it?
The Dude: I was talking about my rug.
Maude: You're not interested in sex?
The Dude: You mean coitus?

=D !!

Whereas what we have here? A bunch of fig-eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse in a Soviet tank. This is not a worthy adversary.

Also, let's not forget - let's NOT forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city - that aint legal either.

I've seen this movie over 50 times, friends of mine well over a hundred. One of the best movies of all time.

I am the walrus?.....

I am the walrus.....

I am the walrus.....
"Shut the fuck up, Donny! V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!"

What the fuck is he talking about, dude?

Nother bizzity bump.....

Saw it again on the E! channel last night. Even the edited version had me about to piss myself laughing. As everyone has already said a dozen times... this movie definately gets better the more you see it. The first time was in the theater with my pops and it was ok; but I've watched it around six times over the years and last night I laughed just about through the whole movie. The saga of the Dude will never die! God I wanna white russian right now.

"No Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of,"

Pure genius. That is all.

Last edited: