• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Solo Trip Thread

I've tripped maybe seven times, and two of them were solo. One of the two was ill-prepared, in my house, when I was in a bad frame of mind and should have known better. It did not go very well (not a bad trip, but not productive or happy). However, my second try for solo I ate some mushrooms, walked to the mountain, and sat on a big rock in the middle of some trees, and watching in the distance to a trail. It was an incredibly healing trip. I found strength that I didn't know I had, and peace of mind that I didn't know was possible.

I'm sure tripping can have a lot to offer in lots of great settings both solo and with good people. My last trip was with my wife, who wasn't tripping but smoked a bit of weed as we walked around town on a warm sunny day. It was awesome.

However, I was alone at one point and I got to experience darkness and silence for a brief amount of time and it was intense to say the least. Does anyone have any serious experience with solo-tripping with serious sensory deprivation?

Advice I would give to a solo tripper:

Fear Not.

write it on your palm just in case

fear is what keeps us from seeing the true beauty of existence

I have to thoroughly disagree with whoever said you "Need" company to trip with on LSD.

I find that I have a better trip without company. I've tripped with a close friend and I found him to be too much of a distraction.

Sure you have to face looping thoughts that are undesirable.....but you have to realize LSD is not a toy. It's more of a tool and medicine, sure it can be fun but you really do need to tune into your thoughts and have some good ol' self therapy.

Once you've tripped alone on LSD you'll want to do it again, it just gets better because you'll be more comfortable with who you are and especially higher doses where "you" doesn't matter anymore *grin*. =D

That is good advice dread! One time I was tripping alone, in a meditative state approaching ego-loss. It was exactly like a linkup was being built piece by piece from here to the beyond. But a moment before the very last piece was put into place I started to have doubts:
- What if I wasn't aware of the 'rules'?
- What if this was a point of no return?
- What if I left off and my body would go and do things I would disagree with while I was either in a *very* different place or simply not there at all anymore?

I aborted and started to slip into a negative spiral of doubt, insecurity, despair...

Then I analyzed the situation for about a half an hour, drawing symbolic schemes related to spiritual states and transformation.
Finally after thinking about it all I reached one conclusion: I would just trust myself and that'd be it. Because if I would trust myself I would not only be the one trusting but also the one being trusted. And that would initiate a powerful upward loop feeding off itself.
I got this in part from the yin-yang symbol. Yin puts a part in Yang and the other way around, they are one.

After that it was smooth sailing all the way home.

Thanks solipsis. I made that realization on my last DMT trip. I had a hefty dose of the neurotransmitter and soon I was flying through that tunnel. I started getting these "what ifs" and doubts, but everytime I would just counter them by "nah, don't think like that, there's nothing to fear really" and the fears would go away. And it proceeded to be one of the most beautiful trips I've had.

tripping alone was the only way to fly to me. any companion tripping has been very exceptional. i found company counterproductive to exploring the nature of mind. [alone -> all-one] i strived for attaining unity of self -will and Will- . i feel i have (almost) fullfilled that desire to a satisfying degree now, especially due to a two and a half year sober meditative integration phase. i do feel I might go explore the horizontal axis of humanity some more as of now, instead of the vertical one, once i'm ready to start revisiting the psychedelic mindspace. however i'm glad i have explored solipsism from which i gained deep understanding of our purely singular self-position. this foundation will prevent unwarranted loss of self due to simple peer pressure issues.

in order to return to something, one has to go away first. i have always felt this to be the foremost nature of the psychedelic. i takes the mind away from its entanglements, allowing it to return to its world with fresh perspectives. i have applied this to my psychedelic use as a whole, ie. as a phase of oddysey. one can of course do this more 'collectively' (as psychedelic subculture), but my quest for the foundations of unity led me to politely refuse any differentiation. though i do not refuse it essentially. i was, as one should be, aware of the impossibility of the ultimate end goal of the quest, ie. (permanent) absolute unity (which is, in fact, death). one can only reach degrees (sustainably). the oddysey is about the path itself, since one will always eventually return to where one started from; home. this is not to say the absolute does not exist; it does; but only transcendent. its 'link' with the world of relatives is one of willful grace, revelation. it comes from within the self, from the eternal within the temporal.

Last edited:
As much as I value the experience of tripping alone, I'd prefer to have 1 or 2 really close friends with me. Mainly because during solo trips I become very empathetic or lonely and want to have company around to talk to and share the experience with, which usually results in me just calling some friends and talking with them. What I don't like though is tripping in big groups because I usually shut myself down socially and get lost in my own little world(being introverted sucks sometimes.)

Tripping alone

Hey i just wanted to see what peoples opinion were on tripping alone (LSD). For some backround ive done LSD around 25-30 times if i had to guess. I always handle my trips well and i dont have any worries about freaking out I just want to know how the experince was for you. I recentely moved to switzerland from florida to get away from a long opiate addiction and not to mention lots of everything.

I've been here for 3 months just smoking weed and drinking. But the fall trees are so beautiful, Its my first time with a real fall for more than a quick vacation. So I was thinking id go on a hike in the forest and then down to the lake and maybe to the zoo. I think itd be a really good experince. A gorgeous day with myself, some L, my ipod, and maryjane.

On a safety note I do have benzos in case anything goes wrong and the city I live in has the best public transportation in the world. So that wont be an issue.

Sounds fine to me just don't dose too high. I prefer to trip alone most of the time, especially with higher doses, but I don't usually go out in public when I do.

i usually trip alone and enjoy it. i just eyeballed 2ce (not super smart) and i will tell ya i have had the weirdest trip i have ever had. 2-ce is mindblowing. i can barely even communicate woww.

why would you move here from Switzerland?!?! they give out free heroin to addicts.... wanna trade passports?

Nah man i came here to get clean, gotta say had some bad bad urges the first couple months to look into it