PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why thank you. We are indeed=D<3

---

hey mister seed... why not to the right?

---
OP: The whipped cream dispensers are way more efficient than the straight up metal crackers. Plus, I must have murdered hundreds of balloons because of lip frost.

Back in the day when one circle of friends was into nitrous, one guy was known for bringing along his friend Mr. Tank to parties. We used trash bags - it was wasteful but convenient.

Last edited:
my prob is not being able to get 100% of the nitrous into the balloon. it escapes after about 3/4 full, i try and block the hole on the back side to prevent this,m then it gets lost through the treading

Try slowly releasing the charger into the balloon..

release... then close quickly, then release again.
------
Plumbers tape is good too on the threading.

The hole, hmmm, the last one I had like this was one of those lame plastic travel ones...

You could put a piece of tyvek on the outside of the cracker with some duct tape??? (priority mail envelopes that are those bags at USPS) Though thats pretty ghetto.

I think you might be releasing the cartridge too quickly.

^ This

passing gas hits back and forth with your SigO is the shit.
Its even better if you have a nitrous vaporizer bong set up ^_~

Nitrous Oxide (N2O) Can Cause Hearing Loss?

I was just reading a link on erowid stating that:

"Nitrous oxide will dissolve out of blood into air filled spaces eg the intestines, the middle ear. N2O in the gut will just give you a gut pain, but if you have ever had middle ear disease, or damaged ear drums, you could be in for permanent hearing loss. There are also some cases of transient hearing loss, but I don't know much about this."
SOURCE- http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_info3.shtml

Personally I was wondering what it could do to an elderly person who is healthy and/or doesn't have any birth defects nor history of ear loss problems, however he or she has a hard time hearing. For instance people that get to the age where you must talk very loud for them to hear you....difficult to speak on the phone now, but a hearing aid could raise up their hearing abilities significantly.

From experience (esp when combined with Ketamine...one of my favorite combos) even by itself I sometimes get incredible sound distortion and the whole room sounds like the t.v. has the screen all screwed up and turned up really loud. The only other drug I can remeber giving me sound distortion to this magnitude was crack (though I've had crank as well, LSD, a few RCs, tons of shrooms, a bit of ketamine, too much DXM and smoked fentanyl...all of which give sound distortion) however I still think N2O caused more sound distortion then crack and all the drugs I mentioned. I enjoy this feeling very much dont get me wrong but Im just reading now that apparently it may be touble.

p.s. In simple words, in terms of analgesia how would you describe the difference between that caused by dissociative anesthetics (such as N2O & Ketamine) v.s. that produced by opioid narcotics (morphine, hydromorphone, etc)?

Last edited:
I've been doing way too much nitrous for the past 6 months and I have recently had a lot of trouble hearing.

Hard to say if it's the N2O or damage from playing in rock bands for 10+ years, shooting and attending many 3+ day music festivals but it certainly is a worry :\

N2o can increase the pressure in the ear. It displaces Co2 for the N20. Im not sure what chronic use can do to you. No one really knows.

Personally I was wondering what it could do to an elderly person who is healthy and/or doesn't have any birth defects nor history of ear loss problems, however he or she has a hard time hearing. For instance people that get to the age where you must talk very loud for them to hear you....difficult to speak on the phone now, but a hearing aid could raise up their hearing abilities significantly.

nothing different than in young people. hearing loss in old people comes from damage to the cochlea, while N2O can build up pressure in the middle ear. so if your eustachian tube is (nearly?) blocked stay away from N2O. otherwise the pressure should be able to escape easily.

I've done heroic doses of nitrous a few times (600 chargers in a single session) and used to do nitrous multiple times per week, but the most I've ever gotten audio-wise was having audio hallucinations when I was sleeping that tended to wake me up (like thinking I heard the doorbell/phone/alarm clock)

I've never had hearing loss even though I've had chronic ear infections my entire life (well before I started nitrous, and still here long after I cut back to rare nitrous use)

I have developed raynaud's syndrome due to over-exposure to cold from excessive nitrous use, and so I feel like I did damage myself that way, but nothing happened to my hearing.

you probably need to take quite a lo of nitrous to lose your hearing... we did a lot of nitrous at college/universiy.... ,no hearing probs for anyone

ive done more 5 foot tanks with people than i can remember and i don't notice a difference in my hearing

audio hallucinations when I was sleeping that tended to wake me up

Is this the vibration you hear when you are going into sleep paralysis? Thats exactly what its like for me!
These last weeks ive been having sleep paralysis like 5 times in a week (stressed out about college exams i guess) and lately it have shifted to dreams where i have just inhaled nitrous and im staring to trip.

IMO nitrous and sleep paralysis also feel the same way in that your consciousness is "between" two fixed places.

I've done heroic doses of nitrous a few times (600 chargers in a single session)

Are you serious?...

Is this girl serious? Assuming that you inhaled 1 charger per minute (enough to make things EXTREMELY nitrousey, without passing out), that makes your nonstop nitrous session 600 minutes long... That's ten straight hours of back-to-back charger inhaling and dissociation with severe numbness.

That isn't to say I don't believe you, but that is EPIC to say the least. Plus, where I get my chargers they are almost 8 bucks per box of 10. That's $480 (my monthly rent) of N2O in a session, I hope you got a discount! I've never even spent that much on a cocaine frenzy.

I also hope for your sake that you spent the entire week after downing vitamin B pills continuously. Helloooooooooo nerve damage.

Last edited:
Are you serious?...
Is this girl serious?

Yes, I'm 100% serious. First time it happened was when I found out that my boyfriend at the time got another girl preggers and it depressed the hell out of me.

Second time it happened was after an 18 month hiatus where I just didn't feel like coming down. I was mad at myself because I'd planned to make it last a month at least but I couldn't control myself.

As such I will not do nitrous sober anymore. If I'm not already tripping on something else then it is way too moreish for me.

...That's ten straight hours of back-to-back charger inhaling and dissociation with severe numbness.

It is about 18-20hours worth, probably had little micronaps here and there

...I hope you got a discount! I've never even spent that much on a cocaine frenzy.

Probably about $180 worth buying in bulk. Yes more expensive than coke I'm sure, and people wonder why I say nitrous is the most expensive drug.

I also hope for your sake that you spent the entire week after downing vitamin B pills continuously. Helloooooooooo nerve damage.

Well I did pop a SL B12 pill a day for the next couple of days.

I don't have nerve damage but I do have raynaud's phenomenon which I believe is caused by over-exposure to a frosted whip-creme dispenser. I've posted a thread in TDS about this.

Nitrous Oxide- Seeking Some Assistance and General Discussion

Do you think breathing in nitrous and exhaling into the balloon, and repeating this, is dangerous? What do you think of this technique?
Does the "gunk" in n2o charges cause any health complications?
How should i get oxygen into a balloon?
- What do you consider responsible nitrous use to be?
What do you get out of nitrous use?
What are some experiences?

Nitrous Help

im planning on doing some dex and some whip-its tonight and had two questions. First how much should i dose im using whip cream cans btw. Also if i left them out of the fridge for like an hour or 2 would i still have to worry about frostbite

Status
Not open for further replies.