• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ The Big & Dandy Movies for Tripping Thread

Ok Dwayne, I watched that clip. I love that book, but I'm half embarrassed to admit that I didn't even know there was a movie of the same title. Couple observations on the Nolte/Epps clip.

1. Is that Bob Saget's face on the poster in the background?

2. Based on your name, I'm not surprised you're advocating that movie so heavily.

3. Busey,not surprisingly, does a great job (until about the 2:10 mark anyway) of acting like someone on and doing a TON of coke, god I've felt like that a few times in my life.

3. Although I do want to see that movie, I wouldn't want to watch it while tripping.

3.5. Which goes back to what I was trying to say earlier about different tastes/expectations of what a drug/drug experience, trip/trip experience, should be like.

This has turned into a pretty interesting thread, imo.

The Prestige was very nice while tripping
South Park bigger, longer, uncut always works

Ok Dwayne, I watched that clip. I love that book, but I'm half embarrassed to admit that I didn't even know there was a movie of the same title. Couple observations on the Nolte/Epps clip.

1. Is that Bob Saget's face on the poster in the background?

2. Based on your name, I'm not surprised you're advocating that movie so heavily.

3. Busey,not surprisingly, does a great job (until about the 2:10 mark anyway) of acting like someone on and doing a TON of coke, god I've felt like that a few times in my life.

3. Although I do want to see that movie, I wouldn't want to watch it while tripping.

3.5. Which goes back to what I was trying to say earlier about different tastes/expectations of what a drug/drug experience, trip/trip experience, should be like.

This has turned into a pretty interesting thread, imo.

1. Its Bruce Willis, as the main character Dwayne Hoover

2. I adopted this alias after seeing the movie tripping after noticing it showing once at random on cable several months after my 20yr partner died within 4 weeks of being diagnosed with an illness... in this movie there were literally dozens of exact and jaw dropping synchronicities with things going on in my life at the time (including the number of an immense active region producing giant solar flares causing aurora all the way to Mexico at the time 9393, 93 being a very special number in Kabala and Thelema, meaning "Divine Love"), it became a nearly supernatural experience... one of those "impossible but there it is" things... I cant explain more now at risk of going on and on far too long but these synchronicities they were real and utterly mindblowing. So anyway I'm not "advocating" the movie because of my real name... but I chose this alias name as a nod to this movie which had a gigantic effect on me... and I'm suggesting it because I know other people tripping and/or high will find it really hilarious as well as poignant and extremely suggestive and meaningful with lots of great lessons and ideas, and also some great memorable performances by some major actors, as well as a GREAT soundtrack of weird trippy 1950's "Exotica" music in the background... along with some highly hallucinogenic visuals in places... just really out there if you are a "head" of any kind.

3. Its Nick Nolte not Gary Busey.

3. If you see the whole flow of the film it functions like a trip... there are sequences, like a repeated detailed surrealistic dream of seeing a Maxwell Caulfield painting-like vision of a glorious dream-like "fairyland" that Kilgore Trout sees whenever he looks into a mirror... which he calls "leaks" into this other universe... many other hidden yet in your face messages and at other times highly symbolic elements about transendence... but it is rather cartoonish and frantic so I understand how it would not be to everyone's tripping tastes

3.5 For sure. This movie would only be one type of trip I like to have... others involve only nature, no music or whatever; others only highly spacey abstract ambient music; others involving deeply emotive classical music, others techno, etc.

Oh, oh:

DUNE, by David Lynch.

Yea, its sorta dorky in ways, but super atmospheric..."The Spice"... there are some absolutely soaring and ultra hypnotic music cues by Brian Eno, very beautiful and moving... the scenes when people take "The Water of Life" are pure utter psychedelia, as are scenes of "folding space,"... the gradual development of Paul's omniscience and psychokinesis, and the triumphant ending.

Way more entertaining than the tepid SF Channel miniseries, IMO.

The yellow submarine and alice in wonderland animated cartoons do the job for me..

DwayneHoover... My computer freezes up every time I go to youtube so I can't see those clips, however, I will purchase BOC this weekend sight unseen from amazon just on your recommendation. After I've viewed I will comment... thanks.

Update... crap, looks like it's unavailable at a decent price (I'll forgo the VHS thank you)... but I will be on the look out for it.

Last edited:
Dunno if its been mentioned yet, but O Brother Where Art Thou is one of my favorite trippin flicks

I agree with people on here that it is not necessary, but i do find it nice when i am coming down and am not yet able to sleep.

Alice in wonder land was brilliant
The matrix 2 was super intense but i really enjoyed it
I also like watching kids cartoons finding nemo was good.
But the one I would really like to watch is Baraka -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYZ8RWqqicQ

DwayneHoover... My computer freezes up every time I go to youtube so I can't see those clips, however, I will purchase BOC this weekend sight unseen from amazon just on your recommendation. After I've viewed I will comment... thanks.

Update... crap, looks like it's unavailable at a decent price (I'll forgo the VHS thank you)... but I will be on the look out for it.

At amazon.com:

9 new from $27.95, 21 used from $11.89

$12 is not bad... It was probably watched once then sold to a used media store who listed it with amazon.

Amazon.com guarantees total quality on used media, and the whole purchase process is managed thru Amazon.com, so your card is safe. They have contracts with a huge network of used shops and if there's any issue of any kind, Amazon refunds your money no questions asked.

Ive bought used CDs through Amazon.com before and was completely happy with both process and product.

Ill keep an eye out too if you require cheaper.

Also it's available for rental via Netflix which is cheap, if you or anyone you know has that (or you can sign up for a free 1 month trial... bills in a month as low as $9.99/month which includes 1 disk at a time and all the free online streaming videos you can eat... if your connection is not fast enough, they dont limit it to your one computer... you can log onto to your Netflix from any friends computer with a fast connection and watch tons of free stuff from movies to TV episodes, old and new. (you can even tell your friends your login and you call all watch online with the one account... Netflix does not seem to care or check from what I can tell). They dont have everything available for instant free streaming but there is lots and lots... not Breakfast of Champions unfortunately, only DVD in the mail (free shipping and free return shipping). [NOTE: I am NOT spamming on behalf of Neflix... this is a Movies thread and they happen to be a good way to get them, and I personally like the service]

I agree with people on here that it is not necessary, but i do find it nice when i am coming down and am not yet able to sleep.

Alice in wonder land was brilliant
The matrix 2 was super intense but i really enjoyed it
I also like watching kids cartoons finding nemo was good.
But the one I would really like to watch is Baraka -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYZ8RWqqicQ

You have great taste... Yea Matrix II is super intense, my favorite one. Yes Baraka is wondrous and a fantastic trip film!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if its been mentioned yet, but O Brother Where Art Thou is one of my favorite trippin flicks

YES! This is just great... also fantastic tripping! That "Man of Constant Sorrow" song (a genuine very old bluegrass song) is just too great, is it not?

Just about anything Cohen brothers will be amazing on acid. How about "Adaptation", and oh yea one must not forget "Being John Malkovitch" which will utterly have your brain doing somersaults!

Last edited:

I have watched this several times on shrooms and just can't recommend it enough. Films aren't usually tripping material, but this is definitely an exception.

Waking Life is by far one of the best movies to watch tripping. It's the only movie that gets better each time you see it.

Also, Across the Universe is great, but a little long. I would save it for the comedown.

BBC Life is a TV series, but it is incredible to watch on acid. Just make sure you get the version narrated by David Attenborough.

Naked Lunch. :)
Talking Cockroaches with anus's for mouths!?
Rub some powder on my lips