• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

Bang on!

Jesus, why are some of youse so impatient about the release of it? Is it just for the sake of it or because you really want to know how it feels? If the latter is true, then you have been answered the question many times. That means you won't lose much if you take straight ketamine instead of the super-dandy 2-methoxydeschloroketamine with its cunning, decadent, effete, overrated, and definitely out of fashion name - like we didn't have enough of all those "methoxies".

Fasten your seatbelt lest you should get thwarted in hope for when you see this "mexxy ketty" is no better it shall displease you.

Code:
      ________
     /         \
   /             \
  /               \
 /    GET SOME     \
/       REAL K!     /
 \                 /
  \              /
    \          /
      \      / 
         \ \
         / /
         //
      ~(ಠ益ಠ)~

^ Trust me, Ive no real desire to take untested compounds, I'm only really impatient because Pakistan is a complete nightmare for k these days and locally all the little chavs round me will hoof anything that makes them a bit wonky
I'm trying but I can't get any bloody k!!

Same reason I am waiting on its release... I can't get quality ketamine. If I went for a 4 hour drive and met of with some fucked up people I could possibly get either ripped off or sold some 50% ketamine with the rest being random additions from random dealers... I would like to be able to order a fair bit of this stuff when it is released because it sounds about right and the price shouldnt be too bad.

Well, as far as I know here, there's a problem with ketamine on the street, especially if people were selling it it in powder, now most of them don't do that any more and the rest has some fishy stuff. But if you've got contacts, you can still get pharm grade ketamine. I don't know anyone importing it in high quantities from some countries like Pakistan or some Southeast Asian countries. It's not that big in my country after all. It's not like you could ever buy it entering the club instead and snort instead of ecstasy. It was the most popular when it hit the UK. A few month later it flooded some areas in Poland when some people coming back especially from London had a lot of K to sell it. And it weren't always the biggest cities, e.g. if I had wanted the best K then, I would have had to look in a city 60km away from my city.

Last edited:
Pretty much what everyone else said, I wouldn't have a clue as to where to find "real" ketamine. Even when I had a lot of street drug hookups, I never knew anyone with ketamine. Didn't really run in that circle.

I want 2-meo-ketamine b/c it IS supposed to be exactly like real ketamine :)

The more proper name for this compound is 2-MeO-2-Oxo-PCM 2'-methoxy-2-oxo-N-methyl-phencyclamine. Traditional ketamine is 2-Cl-2-Oxo-PCM. 2'-chloro-2-oxo-N-methyl-phencyclamine. The methoxy/chloro are on the benzene ring while the oxo (=O) is on the cyclohexane ring. PCE and PCM denotes whether they have a methyl or ethyl alkylated amine group. What is known as 'MXE" is 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE, 3'-methoxy-2-oxo-N-ethyl-phencyclamine. It is fascinating how replacing an atom and geometric modification creates such new and special compounds.

I reckon this stuff will be banned in the UK before it's released. :(

MXE went onto the temporary banning order in March. The fascists in power have 12 months from that date to permanently ban it under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971. So I expect MXE and other flavours of Ketamine to be banned before March 2013. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Ketamine nudged up to a Class B drug in the UK.

Ketamine (and its chemical cousins) has been demonised in the media recently because, IMO, of its emergence as a effective treatment for depression. The powers-that-be obviously don't want any competition to the current (often ineffective) anti-depressants made by their favourite pharmaceutical companies…

Last edited:
I reckon this stuff will be banned in the UK before it's released. :(

MXE went onto the temporary banning order in March. The fascists in power have 12 months from that date to permanently ban it under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971. So I expect MXE and other flavours of Ketamine to be banned before March 2013. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Ketamine nudged up to a Class B drug in the UK.

Ketamine (and its chemical cousins) has been demonised in the media recently because, IMO, of its emergence as a effective treatment for depression. The powers-that-be obviously don't want any competition to the current (often ineffective) anti-depressants made by their favourite pharmaceutical companies…

seriously man take of the tinfoil hat...

Ketamine and mxe gets shit because they are very very addictive drugs that most people cannot handle wihtout getting some kind of problems.

I see myself as a responsible drug user because the only drug ive ever abused was weed, but mxe makes it really hard to keep calling myself that.

Anyway ive had my binges with these drugs and im glad i never got stuck for real, but they are not to be take lighty..

Theresa May commented in her reply to the ACMD that "the next step in this process is for the ACMD to undertake a full assessment of methoxetamine for consideration for its permanent control under the 1971 Act." She goes on to say that she hopes the ACMD will do this as a part of the review of ketamine, "including its analogues" and that this review will be completed "within the 12 months from the making of the current order".[17]

Ketamine is under review, signalling a rise to class B IMHO, and May would like this completed within 12 months of the MXE ban. The analogues are to be included, although an arylcyclohexamine ban will be a very broad one, no good at all for research.

seriously man take of the tinfoil hat...

Ketamine and mxe gets shit because they are very very addictive drugs that most people cannot handle wihtout getting some kind of problems.

I see myself as a responsible drug user because the only drug ive ever abused was weed, but mxe makes it really hard to keep calling myself that.

Anyway ive had my binges with these drugs and im glad i never got stuck for real, but they are not to be take lighty..

And 2-methoxydeschloroketamine is what, you think? If this gets mainstream, it's on its shortest way to get banned. Especially if there's such a problem with ketamine availability. And there are many people addicted to ketamine taking over 1g a day. That's a lot and causing physical harm on a longer basis. If I were to choose, I'd prefer 2-methoxydeschloroketamine to methoxetamine to stay legal.

I'd really be glad to use some of this stuff to help me finally taper off methadone but no, it's not happening. I don't think I will be in the UK any time soon. Thus, I couldn't really care less. Besides, living in the world where so many harmless plants are put on the illegal substances lists makes you not really care if something is legal or not. Actually I don't really care if what I use is legal or not.

The problem with ketamine in the UK is now some guys having no idea what to do with their lives started buying K in bulk from South East Asia and selling it at much higher prices than it's worth. A typical situation, just like with MDMA... First Ecstasy pills started to be MDMA/amphetamine, then they started to contain mostly stimulants and some poor equivalents of MDMA, now there are things worse even than amphetamines in there. The same happens with ketamine, its quality dropped once dealers saw real business in it and started adding adulterants.

The same happens with ketamine, its quality dropped once dealers saw real business in it and started adding adulterants.

This only started to happen once it was criminalised. Hooray for prohibition! :\

I dont know if this response is out of line but wtf!

I found a guy at a local underground drugforum who actually sold this stuff, it was obviously the first weak batch going around since everyone who had bought from him said it was very weak and almost bunk.

The guy had a good rep at the forum so i doubt he was ripping people off but who knows.

just had an email from the main seller saying that they are still going ahead with the launch but theyve been having a few problems with customs, hence the wait, also in response to ^^ its the good 99% second batch i think
whatever should only be a week or two now, thats not confirmed though

Just received a 150mg sample, slightly beige off-white colour with the label 2-(2-Methoxyphenyl)-2-(methylamino)cyclohexanone. Powdery and a little clumpy, slight nondescript odour. Taken 1mg test sample orally with no noticeable effects after 1hr. Will try a larger sample and provide a full trip report later today.

Ive seen this being labelled as 2-MK and a far better name than 2-Meo-Ketamine if you ask me, selling any new RC with the word Ketamine in its name is just begging to get the attention of the media.

Last edited:
I have also seen this for sale now - but at a price over 3 times the cost of what you'd likely pay for ketamine.

^scotty5591
Maybe a good idea to edit your post as that could be seen as sourcing info.

yer iv seen it as mk2 and *productname more explicit than abbreviation 8) * looks like the end has started all ready for it with these stupid catch the kiddies titles

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think MK2 is a stupid name, it's just an abbreviation. It's what we are going to call it too, or do you want to write 2-methoxy-descloro-ketamine everytime?

really excited about this one :) never tried ketamine but i'm very experienced with methoxetamine and have tried 4-meo-pcp a few times, seems very very promising and better than the latter two

Surely you can source some ketamine? It's a pretty essential experience for the dissociative enthusiast.