View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP / 2-MeO-Diphenidine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a gram in the mail today, capped some up about 3 hours ago and took it, feeling some effects now it probably sat on top of the food I ate.Going to cap up another dose, it's somewhat reminiscent of mxe in how it has a teeny-tiny bit of that 'awesome glow' mxe has but I'm not going to keep dosing or dose insane amounts trying to get an mxe feel since this thread states that clearly won't happen.

Someone mentioned playing an rpg and feeling immersed in it, sounds awesome but I think they took a lot iirc.I'm downloading SouthPark: Stick of Truth atm hopes its fun on this.

what size are your doses, mike? i have a huge pre-existing dissociative tolerance, and so MXP didn't really do much for me. by the time i did get to a dose that i was feeling something, it felt like there wasn't much going on, but i could tell i was on the edge of somehow taking way too much. this stuff really doesn't feel much like MXE.

i love dissociatives, i really enjoy the way DXM feels, even after having taken much "better" dissociatives like 3-MeO-PCP, MXE, K.... and still despite my love affair with this class of drugs, MXP is not a drug i'm going to get again. just wasn't worth it on a lot of levels.

what size are your doses, mike? i have a huge pre-existing dissociative tolerance, and so MXP didn't really do much for me. by the time i did get to a dose that i was feeling something, it felt like there wasn't much going on, but i could tell i was on the edge of somehow taking way too much. this stuff really doesn't feel much like MXE.

i love dissociatives, i really enjoy the way DXM feels, even after having taken much "better" dissociatives like 3-MeO-PCP, MXE, K.... and still despite my love affair with this class of drugs, MXP is not a drug i'm going to get again. just wasn't worth it on a lot of levels.

I hate to say this but I'm eyeballing it, using old effexor capsules.My 2 doses consisted of about half the big end of the capsule loosely filled.I really need to buy a mg scale.

scales which would be appropriate for that kind of use can be found on amazon for less than 30 bucks :)

Okay, had to put this one down for a while. I'll type up a quick makeshift report but I honestly don't remember most of what happened.

So my friend came to visit me for a few days, once those few days were up, I took him to the airport to go back home and when I returned home I realized I had nothing to do and no obligations. Let's get high! So I eyeballed a dose of MXP to be plugged. Did the deed and waited for blastoff. I put on a movie and after perhaps 30-40 minutes I began to feel the magic. I had developed quite a habit with this drug but had taken perhaps a week off. I begin to feel strongly dissociated -- perhaps I should mention I aimed for this dose to be higher than what I was taking before my tolerance break. I really wanted to go to space, and go to space I did. Obviously I cannot comment on the exact dose taken, so I won't try to speculate. Once the dissociation set in, I really began to be confused by this movie. Classic dissociative style. I could not tell you what the movie was about but watching it gave me the strange feeling that there was very much more depth to my computer monitor than there actually is. Like when the camera panned to different parts of the set, I felt almost as if the parts of the set that were not visible were still "there" as if I could imagine them and what was going on in them. At some point I lost all touch with reality. I came to perhaps a few hours later naked on my floor (I was actually naked the whole time don't judge I was home alone) and some other videos that were in my video playlist were playing. I couldn't figure out why there was noise coming [...]
Please dude, make use of that Enter key. It's there for a reason. Nobody can read this. Still, thanks for your contribution. It's just it will not reach many people without being formatted.

I hate to say this but I'm eyeballing it, using old effexor capsules.My 2 doses consisted of about half the big end of the capsule loosely filled.I really need to buy a mg scale.
Here's what you can do: Dissolve the stuff in the smallest amount of PG it will dissolve in. Ethanol should work even better, but I'm not sure. Volumetric measuring will then allow you to dose very accurately.

And here's how I prefer to take this substance, onset is usually within the first hour, plateau beginning at the 2 hour mark and things will be over before 5 hours have passed since the ingestion:
-A few drops of Tween-80
-~5ml PG
-A small amount of milk

I add the 2-MeO-Diphetidine to that, stir rigorously and chug it, followed by another glass of milk. I've always done this on an empty stomach and have never experienced long drawn out experiences like the ones people describe in this thread.

To be fair, you have clearly not experienced the full spectrum of effects. I dare say what you describe could be called threshold effects, looking at the madness of a full-blown experience.

Last edited:
So after taking those 2 doses lastnight I just wanna say WOW, now I didn't have a long drawn out trip it was just crazy, things were good the whole trip but at the last going off I went down stairs and didn't really remember the trip back up it was in flashes.Then I started wondering shit like if I closed the fridge or if I made a mess getting a glass of milk, but I assured myself I didn't and I was right.I remember sitting on my bed thinking "Holy shit, I've lost the fucking plot!" and about 5 minutes later it was like someone snapped their fingers and I wasn't totally fucked anymore I had my wits about me.It was strange how fast it went from "I have no idea" to "Ok I have a clue again".

Theres no euphoria as compared to mxe and theres not a lot of compulsion to redose, I thought about it once when I must have been in a plateau and decided against it.I was watching episodes of The Boondocks and the animation is just awesome when on this.I also remember looking at an empty plastic pop bottle and it was crystal clear as if it were made of a fine glass.I also had to close one eye when looking outside at the street lights because I was seeing double.If I had to describe this stuff with one word it would be "Clinical", I guess because it just seems to be straight up disassociation with no real euphoria.

I do this shit till i'm singing looney tunes with a weapon or two. Sink back and Allah tells me what to do. I'm the Prophet of Doom.

So after taking those 2 doses lastnight I just wanna say WOW, now I didn't have a long drawn out trip it was just crazy, things were good the whole trip but at the last going off I went down stairs and didn't really remember the trip back up it was in flashes.Then I started wondering shit like if I closed the fridge or if I made a mess getting a glass of milk, but I assured myself I didn't and I was right.I remember sitting on my bed thinking "Holy shit, I've lost the fucking plot!" and about 5 minutes later it was like someone snapped their fingers and I wasn't totally fucked anymore I had my wits about me.It was strange how fast it went from "I have no idea" to "Ok I have a clue again".

Theres no euphoria as compared to mxe and theres not a lot of compulsion to redose, I thought about it once when I must have been in a plateau and decided against it.I was watching episodes of The Boondocks and the animation is just awesome when on this.I also remember looking at an empty plastic pop bottle and it was crystal clear as if it were made of a fine glass.I also had to close one eye when looking outside at the street lights because I was seeing double.If I had to describe this stuff with one word it would be "Clinical", I guess because it just seems to be straight up disassociation with no real euphoria.
Don't mean to sound arrogant, but 'you ain't seen nothing yet'. :D This drug is so fucking insane.

Hmmm.... this has no put me in semi-catatonic states at ROA oral 500mg (after building what I though was a substantial tolerance). The second time I really have zero memory of being that screwed up, but people around me can confirm. The thing is, it would be worthwhile if I can remember anything useful from a hole-like experience or whatever, but I can't remember anything at all.

NB this is a stupidly high dose to take, even after using semi-regularly for 1 1/2 years. I am giving this chemical a wide berth. Up to 250mg it doesn't seem to give me much at all, even 300mg, but when I start to push it higher all hell breaks lose. Unrealiable, inconsistent dose-increase response curve, more and more stories of people either blacking out or having horrible times. I think my love affair with this chem may well and truly be coming to an end. I like to be able to recall something from my dissociative experiences, and it concerns me when I can't remember anything at all.

p.s. I would like to stress that I am still here for harm reduction advice (although I clearly didn't follow my own approach with 500mg oral!) and am still interested in supporting others who have taken an interest in this chemical. The most important thing that I need to keep stressing - get some decent 0.001mg digital scales, start at 70-80mg and work your way up very slowly, dosing max once every 2 weeks to help avoid building heavy tolerance. And try not to combine with heavy stims (e.g. anything that has a notable effect on your heart rate or cardiovascular system) or other dissociatives in particular.

Happy travelling. :)

Hmmm.... this has no put me in semi-catatonic states at ROA oral 500mg (after building what I though was a substantial tolerance). The second time I really have zero memory of being that screwed up, but people around me can confirm. The thing is, it would be worthwhile if I can remember anything useful from a hole-like experience or whatever, but I can't remember anything at all.

NB this is a stupidly high dose to take, even after using semi-regularly for 1 1/2 years. I am giving this chemical a wide berth. Up to 250mg it doesn't seem to give me much at all, even 300mg, but when I start to push it higher all hell breaks lose. Unrealiable, inconsistent dose-increase response curve, more and more stories of people either blacking out or having horrible times. I think my love affair with this chem may well and truly be coming to an end. I like to be able to recall something from my dissociative experiences, and it concerns me when I can't remember anything at all.
Let me get that straight. The highest dose you tried was 300mg, with an unknown tolerance at the time. Now you try almost twice the dose and blame the dose response curve for blacking out? This isn't coke or speed where you can just take 50 doses and still be fine.

I am not sure what your experience with other dissociatives is, but let me give you an idea how the most popular one behaves at varying dosage levels. There is a sweet spot which lies between 75 and 200mg IV for most people. If I go as little as 20% above that sweet spot it results in a total blackout. Compared to that, 2-MeO-Diphetidine is a very forgiving dissociative, it's a lot like PCP in this respect.

The real issue is that people want to treat this like a psychedelic or stimulant. If throughout 18 months you have not been able to take the time and slowly increment from those 300mg that didn't do much, this drug just isn't for you.

Oh and I personally found my sweet spot to be around 400mg orally, 250mg IV. Complete and utter insanity, delusions of having died, being possessed by demons, I was even blessed with my first near death experience in 17 years of drug use. THe only thing all these experiences had in common was that each and every time they had me scared shitless - completely rapt with existential fears, a primal fear as honest and brutal as fear comes. On the plus they gave me a taste of what life would be like as a god. ;) Much less pleasant than pretty much any other glutamatergic dissociative I've tried, but reaching way down to the core of my soul, surely deeoer than ketamine or pcp have ever gone - and I've done a lot of pcp and ketamine.

EDIT: Sorry if I sound like an asshole there NiceEnough, but I assume you know well enough that what you did didn't promise to be successful to begin with. I assume it was a 'spontaneous thing'. I am not here to convince you of the wonders 2-MeO-Diphetidine can introduce you to, but I still don't think you've done what you could have done in your attempts to uncover the potential of this substance.

Last edited:
I am not blaming the substance, I am blaming my own impulsive, faux-heroic stupidity. I should never have dosed that high. I don't know what came over me. I thought this drug was friendlier than it was. If I try it again, it will be at much lower doses. I have years of experience with different dissociatives including PCP but that doesn't excuse my ridiculous dosing. I won't be doing this again, for sure. I have been taught serious respect for this substance.

this sums up why i have not ordered this stuff again. i never did get to the point where i took too much, but it definitely felt like it was right around the corner. and the feeling i had when i didn't take too much wasn't that enjoyable at all. not worth the money IMO. i'd rather go to the store and buy robogels than spend the same amount of money on this shit.

but yeah, it did feel like "too much" was right around the corner. in the same sense that when i took too much 3-MeO-PCP i ended up walking barefoot in the snow for an hour and developed frostbite on my feet that left me unable to walk for a few weeks.

i know crook might defend this stuff after reading my post here, but crook is a whole 'nother level of crazy. =p

but yeah, it did feel like "too much" was right around the corner. in the same sense that when i took too much 3-MeO-PCP i ended up walking barefoot in the snow for an hour and developed frostbite on my feet that left me unable to walk for a few weeks.
Lolwhut?! That's horrible. Did you loose any of your toes? God man, glad to hear you even survived that!

i know crook might defend this stuff after reading my post here, but crook is a whole 'nother level of crazy. =p
I'll just restrain myself. This clearly isn't for everyone. I don't even know if I am ever gonna do it again. It's so damn dark.

I am not blaming the substance, I am blaming my own impulsive, faux-heroic stupidity. I should never have dosed that high. I don't know what came over me. I thought this drug was friendlier than it was. If I try it again, it will be at much lower doses. I have years of experience with different dissociatives including PCP but that doesn't excuse my ridiculous dosing. I won't be doing this again, for sure. I have been taught serious respect for this substance.
Aye I hear you. Unfortunately it's the least friendly of dissociatives I have tried. In terms of friendliness, this would be Joseph Goebbels if ketamine was a dove.

did not lose any toes, thankfully. it sure was rough, though. the pictures are floating around somewhere on BL.

Lol, boondocks is already awesome when watched sober, did not watch it for years, I'll have to try it with a low dose once.

Generally, the doses taken by some guys here are reserved for hardcore disso-heads IMHO. Perhaps there should be caution hints in upper-case red letters, as new users do not seem to have a clue, that anything >60mg orally could be (psychologically) an OD for naive users.

Furthermore I think for inexperienced users the oral ROA is too dangerous (urge to redose during the comeuo is too high).

could someone please post pictures of reactions with reagents?

Hey.

I gotta say this stuff has some great disso potential. I ordered some after reading the threads and agree the way to go is by starting at low doses to find your ideal ammount.

Brief summary. No tolerance. 3 trials in a 5 day period.

Day 1. 60mg bombed. Fell asleep. Woke up went for a piss and noticed mild CEV of flowery, fractal type patterns...interesting. Went to bed.

Day 3. 80mg bombed with 50mg redose 90 min later. Light body vibrations, confusion while trying to follow plot watching a movie, common with other better known dissos. Bit wobbly. Put on some ambient music and fell straight to sleep with vivid dreams.

Day 5. 150mg bombed with 80mg resose 2 hours later. Now we're getting there. Heavy body vibrate, totally drawn into what was on TV. Zero OEV but noticeable CEV. Holed slightly, came to wedged in the corner of my couch, felt like I was floating in jelly-wouldnt say it was euphoric but the body sensations and weightlessness was sublime. Really, really nice. Time had slowed down a lot. Wanted to stay there for ever. I would say the last dose, with a 2 week abstinence and a 3 hour spacey ambient playlist on the ready for the peak would make for a sweet monthly unwind in the current K drought.

Status
Not open for further replies.