View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP / 2-MeO-Diphenidine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use it responsibly (like you should use any drug) and do not compare it to other drugs, that have a similar abbreviation due to notation errors and are hyped atm, taking Methoxphenidine can be fun. The experience is characterized by a mixture of melancholy, nostalgia and hedonism for me. An emotional roller coaster perhaps, somewhat deep, not as 5-ht2a-agonizing-psychedelics, but not as shallow as average weed for instance.

Orally IMHO is the wrong ROA for this, because of the long comeup. You cannot titrate and that is a show stopper.

I enjoyed my MXP experiences, and even found it useful. However, partially because of the subtleness and usefulness, I ended up using it at times when my rational mind was telling me no. I ended up getting annoyed at myself and flushed it all to short-circuit my conundrum.

Taking stimulants to counteract dissociative side effects doesn't sound very smart.

Has anyone tried Diphenidine or mxp, mixed with 3-Fluoro Phenmetrazine. The big mistake has been to treat the psycho mimetic effects with bezos!
As you would with ketamine, PCP or an anesthetic in a hospital environment. Try using a NDRA A norepinephrine-dopamine releasing agent!
It counteracts the negative side effects. Not BEZOS!

cheers for this shame you found out the rough way

Please explain why would an NDRA help here... :\

Any psychotomimetic effects would be produced by NMDA antagonism especially when combined with prolonged dopamine reuptake inhibition which would provide the manic aspect.
Do not add more drugs that release monoamines.

Instead anti-psychotics like olanzapine seem much more appropriate, try to pick one that is not very anti-cholinergic just in case.

..::REMINDER:.. The scientific method of actually checking, trying, testing, should apply to a site like this more than any other. Not guessing, speculating..
Why bother even commenting I'f you haven't tested the method I'm asking about? Its a bit like when a new chem drops, and people immediately begin to speculate based on the shape of a molecule or comparing it to drugs with a similar binding profile.

I'f you haven't used the scientific method of checking/testing yourself then shut up..

Please can we try to be civil here, and take this as an example that shouldn't be repeated. Lets try to support each other and avoid any nastiness. Thank you

i usually had quite a bit of caffeine in my system when i took MXP. maybe thats why i didn't feel much from it.

I always drank an Energy drink or two to chill if I was out on MXE.No idea if it was the caffeine; but i did feel it settle my trip because i didn't like it too strong when we got on it

MXP had its moments (the peak of it was the best part) overall it felt bad afterwards and missed a lot of the MXE's goodness

You're destined to be disappointed if you expect this to be anything like MXE. This is still an absolutely outstanding dissociative, unmatched by any other dissociative in terms of madness. ;)

Orally IMHO is the wrong ROA for this, because of the long comeup. You cannot titrate and that is a show stopper.
Well I am pretty big on IV injections these days, but this one I take orally. It peaks within 2 hours for me and by the 5 or 6 hour mark I'm almost back to baseline.

Has anyone tried Diphenidine or mxp, mixed with 3-Fluoro Phenmetrazine. The big mistake has been to treat the psycho mimetic effects with bezos!
As you would with ketamine, PCP or an anesthetic in a hospital environment. Try using a NDRA A norepinephrine-dopamine releasing agent!
It counteracts the negative side effects. Not BEZOS!
This sounds like very dangerous advice. On what grounds do you make those claims exactly?

Like solipsis said, taking olanzapine is probably your best bet. Unfortunately it takes so damn long to kick unless you take a huge dose that you'll be back down by the time it would ease you out of the psychotic state.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you take MXP only orally these days cr00k, that can only be a safe thing. What kind of doses are you into orally? Where are they taking you?

Ate 50 mg of MXP (also smoked a few joints and had a beer, spread over 2 hours). No tolerance.

I like this. Dancing was fluid and awesome. At some times I couldn't help myself but stop what I was doing and dance. I made some music (even though I had trouble at some points using the software). Nice energy, euphoria, and no anxiety (including social anxiety). Slight motor control loss, slight dissociation. The come-up and peak reminded me of MXE's, with intensity similar to 20 mg of the aforementioned. It was longer. I felt bad at some point because of a song that reminded me some memories, but it was easily chased away by changing the music. Lips and nose felt numb just like on MXE.

The duration was shorter (around 5 hours) than what I expected from what I had read (6-8 hours).

I experienced elevated mood and anxiolysis as after-effects.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Nice SAR chart.....personally I'd prefer if they came out with more shorter acting analogs like methoxetamine......these allow quicker detox in the event that problems occur - I can suggest a number that would be very interesting if anyone would like....(as can anyone with a background in medicinal chemistry....)

If by bezos you mean benzodiazepines, actually they're quite useful (especially if one is having an anxiety attack)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine#Management_of_intoxication

....and on onlazapine I found....."34
th
ECDD 2006/4.3 ketamine
antipsychotic agents (clozapine, olanzapine)
(Bergman, 1999). It may be anticipated that
substances with opposite pharmacological actions
to those classes of drugs mentioned here
may enhance the neurotoxicity of ketamine. In this context, from the recreational drug
repertoire should be mentioned: Amanita muscaria mushrooms (muscarinic agonist), alcohol
NMDA- and (partial) GABAA-antagonist, yohimbine (α2-adrenergic receptor antagonist), and
other dissociative drugs like PCP and tiletamine.
http://www.who.int/medicines/areas/quality_safety/4.3KetamineCritReview.pdf

If by bezos you mean benzodiazepines, actually they're quite useful (especially if one is having an anxiety attack)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine#Management_of_intoxication

....and on onlazapine I found....."34
th
ECDD 2006/4.3 ketamine
antipsychotic agents (clozapine, olanzapine)
(Bergman, 1999). It may be anticipated that
substances with opposite pharmacological actions
to those classes of drugs mentioned here
may enhance the neurotoxicity of ketamine. In this context, from the recreational drug
repertoire should be mentioned: Amanita muscaria mushrooms (muscarinic agonist), alcohol
NMDA- and (partial) GABAA-antagonist, yohimbine (α2-adrenergic receptor antagonist), and
other dissociative drugs like PCP and tiletamine.
http://www.who.int/medicines/areas/quality_safety/4.3KetamineCritReview.pdf
The *what* of ketamine? I thought it was neuroprotective at recreational doses. ??? Good info nonetheless. I've never needed anything to bring me off dissociatives, but I use it religiously to come off stimulants. Godsend. What a wonderful drug it is, it counteracts amphetamine and co perfectly. In fact, I love the way it makes me feel, a lot more than I enjoy benzos (not at all).

As for serotonergic psychedelics there is one drug and only one I swear by. Not that I would've ever needed it, but I've seen a lot of trips go bad to the point where riding it out was not an option This is really not on topic, but for those who don't know... It's Trazodone.

Glad to hear you take MXP only orally these days cr00k, that can only be a safe thing. What kind of doses are you into orally? Where are they taking you?
Thank you. I'm glad I could sensitize you (even further) to the nastiness of intravenous drug use. Getting started on needles feels like a relatively laid back, mostly enjoyable 17 year long bicycle ride has just been taken to Warp 6.

2-MeO-MXP doesn't really care how we get it into our bodies. Those 400mg took me where no other drug has ever taken me. I could swear I died that day. Not necessarily a positive experience, but oh-so-unique! I never thought I'd be that scared. I would've pissed my pants had I been inside my body at the time. My time just hadn't come. I kept thinking of my daughter and made a run for it. Away from the 'godamn' light. If someone is in it for the pure madness that our brains have to offer, there just is no other drug like this one. It makes other dissociatives look like child's play. Needless to say , I haven't tried the more exotic kappa opioid receptor antagonists or Dizocilpine aka MK-801 (very high up on my list if I could only score any of those - I'm not willing to go through any hassle for acquiring drugs).

I could swear I wrote a report of that 400mg experience. Insanity. I used to think I had seen it all. 2-MeO-Diphetidine has me figure I've probably merely snuck a peak. Oh the madness.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I know the nastiness of iv drug use from some of my closest mates. I have only tried IM, ketamine only, and gave it up quickly. My main aim here is to stop being dumb with this drug, it takes no prisoners. The jump from light and fluffy to death-like visions can happen quickly. And it's available so cheap here in the UK. You only need to have some iv'ing 1g + and mixing it with other chemicals and we will start having tragic deaths in our hands. I really feel this isn't for everyone, definitely not for the inexperienced of the weak-willed (I.e. Won't be able to resist redosing or taking too much). Also, it can last days and kid you into thinking you are sober and lucid when you really aren't. This is one best enjoyed in higher doses by dissociative connoisseurs and in very low doses (30-80mg) for those new to the territory. With the permission of one moderator in particular I have take it upon myself to take responsibility for harm reduction with regards to MXP. therefore if anyone has any concerns or issues, feel free to PM me.

I think there is a huge range of effects as most the trip reports online I've read were fairly easy and mild, even at 250mg which is what I experienced. However, all my friends have been completely out of it and haven't been able to control themselves on it

@MGLA
No one can tell you. Even without SSRI's it would not be appropriate to tell you you are gonna be ok.

I think there is a huge range of effects as most the trip reports online I've read were fairly easy and mild, even at 250mg which is what I experienced. However, all my friends have been completely out of it and haven't been able to control themselves on it
250mg, single dose on an empty stomach? What's your past experience with dissociatives? Any acute tolerance by any chance?

This is somewhat a threshold drug though, there are relatively distinct stages to the experience as far as I can tell. 10 more mg might've as well tipped you over into oblivion. For me doses below 150mg IV weren't really worth talking about. Once I reached 250mg IV though insanity started ensueing. I eventually realized there is not much use in injecting it, so I went back to oral doses and can say with certainty that no other dissociative has ever taken me this close to the edge. THis is coming from somebody who even without a tolerance is underwhelmed by 200mg intravenously injected MXE.

All I'm trying to say is that I am pretty sure an increase in dosage could make your experience with this substance more colorful. IF that is desirable, for me it generally ends with me either being exorcised for I am possessed by a demonic entity, or me dying and if I'm lucky I only experience an acute psychotic break or some of the most bizarre involuntary motor activity I've never seen.

Okay, had to put this one down for a while. I'll type up a quick makeshift report but I honestly don't remember most of what happened.

So my friend came to visit me for a few days, once those few days were up, I took him to the airport to go back home and when I returned home I realized I had nothing to do and no obligations. Let's get high!

So I eyeballed a dose of MXP to be plugged. Did the deed and waited for blastoff. I put on a movie and after perhaps 30-40 minutes I began to feel the magic. I had developed quite a habit with this drug but had taken perhaps a week off.

I begin to feel strongly dissociated -- perhaps I should mention I aimed for this dose to be higher than what I was taking before my tolerance break. I really wanted to go to space, and go to space I did.

Obviously I cannot comment on the exact dose taken, so I won't try to speculate. Once the dissociation set in, I really began to be confused by this movie. Classic dissociative style. I could not tell you what the movie was about but watching it gave me the strange feeling that there was very much more depth to my computer monitor than there actually is. Like when the camera panned to different parts of the set, I felt almost as if the parts of the set that were not visible were still "there" as if I could imagine them and what was going on in them.

At some point I lost all touch with reality. I came to perhaps a few hours later naked on my floor (I was actually naked the whole time don't judge I was home alone) and some other videos that were in my video playlist were playing. I couldn't figure out why there was noise coming from my computer at this point although the video playback was still fullscreen and I could tell there were moving pictures on my monitor.

After a while of lying on my floor, I began to notice it was dark outside and became very worried that my friend would not make it to the airport on time. So I walked into the other room (I have a 2-bed apt) where he was sleeping (still naked) and tried to find him so we could go to the airport. This went on for several minutes. I had the most distinct feeling that my friend was hiding in the walls, but was helpless to open them up and find out. I didn't destroy anything (luckily) and eventually became convinced my friend was waiting for me just on the other side of my front door.

Great, I thought, I'll just put some pants on and go outside so I can take my friend to the airport. I managed to put some shorts on but my shorts require a belt, well the pair I grabbed require a belt. I could not put the belt through the loops on my shorts. I must have spent a while trying to do this, eventually I gave up and just held my shorts on with one of my hands and tried to walk out my front door. My front door has a little chain lock and before I started this adventure I locked it, although in my dissociated state I did not really notice it was locked, I tried just to open my front door and couldn't. Eventually I realized the chain lock was locked and I tried for quite a while to unlock it. It was no good, my hands just couldn't figure out the mechanism.

During this time I continued to walk back and forth between the rooms of my house looking for my friend, imagining he was somewhere just waiting for me to find him. I looked through all the closets and still nothing. At some point I returned to the door and managed to get it open. I walked to my car and sat in it thinking if I just waited there my friend would get in the passenger seat and we could go.

Of course this never happened. So I was sitting outside in my car with no shirt socks or shoes on, just a pair of shorts that I had to hold up with my hands because I couldn't figure a belt out just waiting. Eventually I gave up waiting and I don't really remember what happened next. I guess I went to sleep. The next day my neighbor told me when he came home, my car was sitting with the headlights on, door ajar and window rolled down. He asked me what happened and I told him I got really drunk. I took about a week off all drugs after this. Shit really fucked me up. And I'm very glad I didn't actually hurt myself or someone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.