• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxmetamine / MXM Thread

Initially upon reading up on MXM, users seemed to be unimpressed when comparing it to to MXE. I love MXE and already find that headspace to be quite calming and dreamlike. The idea of an even softer dissociative like MXM with a calmer headspace is an idea that I am finding rather intriguing. May just have to add this to my to do list.

Another try of 100mg oral, with weed, was just lovely. At one point I was standing up and I noticed that my limbs felt light; before I knew it my hands started rising up and were floating above my head as if I was some sort of helium balloon. Funny. Later, I wanted to do something that could make a lot of noise, but without waking up my wife: I ended up doing the entire (10 minute?) operation in S L O W .. M O T I ON. If I had been videoed, I imagined it would totally look like a slow-motion effect. It was very relaxing. I felt like I was operating on another plane of existence. I wrote tons and went into a micro-hole when I meditated.

I'm don't want to talk sacrilegious shit here, and maybe it's just been the recent MXE batches that are swaying me, but I think I may like this stuff better than MXE. <Prepares to dodge tomatoes.>

Last edited:
I'm don't want to talk sacrilegious shit here, and maybe it's just been the recent MXE batches that are swaying me, but I think I may like this stuff better than MXE. <Prepares to dodge tomatoes.>

I actually prefer it to MXM too :) mostly because it feels a lot less serotonergic, and it has that same feel like ketamine. I actually think that most people Who prefer ketamine over MXE will also like MXM over MXE.

Last edited:
Another try last night: 120mg MXM + sativa weed + 10mg Ethylphenidate (for wakefulness): I love this stuff. Actually, mostly my feelings during the trip were about how much I love my family and how I would like it to show in my patience with them. I had tons of insights into myself and, even more amazing, was able to write about them lucidly. That's what I love about MXM (and surely the EPH helped): Even when ridiculously high, I'm able to write quite eloquently (mostly spelling correctly too). Any time I get stuck on a thought or a word, I simply close my eyes and enter a micro-MXM-hole and come out the other side refreshed, fulfilled, motivated, and with something to say / write about.

This is the perfect drug for me at this time in my life when I can't really be high for long stretches. I'm sure it's a big downside of MXM for some people, but it's great to be able to go to this super-productive dissociative headspace for 1-2 hours and then be down and go to sleep (with the help of a benzo).

As a side-note: While peaking, my 3 year old son woke up and I had to go to his room to tell him it's bedtime, etc. This could have been pretty bad of course. My love for him was so strong that, instead of feeling like a burden to go to him, it felt like a privileged. He said that he wanted a hug from me, which is weird, because he's never asked that of me before when he's woken up. I felt more love in that moment than perhaps I ever had before. Actually, the most difficult part of dealing with him was the fact that my night vision was horrendous (I think I've noticed this with weed too so maybe that played a role)! I could hardly see at all in his dark room! Luckily I'm pretty good in the dark, but I had to feel my way everywhere.

Anyway, another very positive experience with MXM. Very happy to have this stuff.

So it appears that I'm (not quite, but feel like) the only person on the planet that uses this chemical. Perhaps this is foolhardy. That said, I've been eating about 80mg+weed once every two weeks, and I'm no worse for wear. Once per week is too much, for me anyway (I'm not getting great sleep these days so even one late night per week is tough), but I often want to...

Tonight I've learned a lot about martyrdom.

PS: I love MXM.

Last edited:
Has anyone plugged or IMed MXM yet? Could probably be pretty interesting.

So you never dosed it orally? Haha, if so that's kinda disappointing! I was hoping for a comparison from someone who's tried both ways and can say whether it's worthwhile. Either way though, do you feel like your experiences were different from the ones people are posting? Like holing hard with a smaller dose or traveling through the cosmos ethereal godly feeling? Also it would be nice to know what your doses where like, duration, and such. Thanks a bunch and look forward to hearing about it!

I didn't think much of this substance till last week. I decided to experiment more with it and had 3, 75mg lines within the space of 2 hours. I was watching a film called 2001 a space oddesy for the first time. The film was awesome and I was asking myself many questions about our role in the universe. It really had me thinking. Then when "the stargaze" sequence started I thought I was in some sort of trance. It was truly awesome watching that but in all honesty I was really confused and fucked.

The biggest shock was yet to come, when that space pod appeared in that room and David Bowman was in the spacesuit, I honestly thought aliens were communicating with me and this wasn't a film. I thought strangley about this for a while. That film played with my head. In a way I'll always remember.

I love how dissociative drugs feel. Compared to MXE, I'd give this a 7/10. That's a big score ?

Incidentally, I watched the film again to truly understand it. Loved it that much I bought the books and have only 3001 to read. Reading these books on 75mg of MXM is incredible. You ask so many questions and you mind just goes all ways.

Highly recommended substance.

I didn't think much of this substance till last week. I decided to experiment more with it and had 3, 75mg lines within the space of 2 hours. I was watching a film called 2001 a space oddesy for the first time. The film was awesome and I was asking myself many questions about our role in the universe. It really had me thinking. Then when "the stargaze" sequence started I thought I was in some sort of trance. It was truly awesome watching...

Well, to be fair, I think the first time I watched 2001 (I was quite sober and had not yet ever done any drugs), it had those effects on me as well.

Nevertheless, I'm going to re-watch on MXM and see what happens. Thanks for the recommend. :)

Did you smoke weed as well or just MXM by itself?

Well, to be fair, I think the first time I watched 2001 (I was quite sober and had not yet ever done any drugs), it had those effects on me as well.

Nevertheless, I'm going to re-watch on MXM and see what happens. Thanks for the recommend. :)

Did you smoke weed as well or just MXM by itself?

Just MXM by itself. I really don't like mixing weed and dissociatives. It really was an experience I'll never forgot. I wasn't expecting it. I underestimated this drug and it nearly, nearly just bit me.

I have a sample of MXE I feel confident is MXE, and a sample of MXE I suspect is MXM. Here, I have done a side by side with fresh Mandelin and Mecke reagents. (They just arrived today from LiquidLabs.)

https://www.anony.ws/image/DIkx

The mandelin is the one on the left on both, mecke on the right on both. MXE (known) on the left, MXM (suspected?) on the right. The left sample reacted to Mandelin by turning green with orange around the edges. The right sample immediately turned red-orange.
The mecke reagent fizzed with the MXE, and the suspected MXM fizzed a lot more and released a strong smelling vapor that made me regret not doing this under a hood vent. oops. :p It wasn't terrible though.

The samples were measured using a red "10mg" scoop. (Quotes because I mass the samples at about 8mg each.)

Hope this helps! I would love to see someone else with a known MXM sample post the mecke and mandelin reaction. I find it interesting that the suspected MXM seems more consistent with ketamine than MXE.

Last edited:
Just tried some reagent testing. I'm not sure that you can distinguish MXE from MXM using Mecke. Both fizz for me and result in similar colors/smells.

I think my Mandelin test corroborates yours, but even here, I can't be sure. Both start out with a bit of green for me, but MXM quickly loses it and stays orange.

Here's my Mandelin: https://www.anony.ws/image/DeF7

I think that there can be a bit of variation with these reagents, even for real MXE, so I'm not sure that this is conclusive of anything.

I will experiment more in the near future and report back if it's warranted, but my first impressions:

1. Effects & duration were somewhat similar to MXE vaporized: Main effects only lasting ~30 minutes, with a character different from Oral, but with a euphoric dissociative space and a positive energy (lifted me right out of a bad funk).
  2. Dose needed was much smaller than expected. I only vaporized 3 hits (each 30 minutes apart) and each (I would estimate) was 10-15mg. I was surprised I got effects from such small amounts, given its lowish oral potency.
  3. As reported by others with MXE, I think this ROA may be a bitch for creating tolerance. That same night, as well as the following night, I had a very high tolerance compared to what I was expecting (for consuming the stuff orally). I've done MXM weekly (sometimes two nights in a row) for many weeks without substantial tolerance build up, but all of a sudden: BAM, I'm tolerant. Lame.

One caveat: I had taken 10mg of 3-meo-pcp earlier in the day, so it's possible that the effects were potentiated due to that. Will try on its own soon enough.

Who else has experimented with this stuff? Report please!
Is the game worth the candle?:?

Given the recent Chinese MXE ban, I would be surprised if the labs didn't start churning out MXM.