View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Hit #12 - Oh look, it's MXE o'clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain how potency by weight is determined vs say ketamine or 3-MeO-PCP?

In terms of dissociative potency, MXE is 3-5 times as potent as ketamine, and 3-MeO-PCP is 3-5 times as potent as MXE.

Very nice findings there, e1evene1even.

But really, 3x 90-100mgs of Methoxetamine weekly is certainly not good, not for your brain and neither for your health in general. I can't judge how ill you really are and what helps best, but i personally would rather try something like 2 - 3x 10mgs/day for 1-2 days/week, or for consecutive days with prolonged periods of abstinence, than dosing that high that often. No one can't say a damn thing what's the outcome of taking this one at all, and up to 300mgs a week sounds awful to me.

Did I read that correctly? I can't quote from my phone but someone said they take around 190mg of mxe? Wtf, how is that not lethal? I've read some horror stories about doses over 100mg. And the only time I ever tried mxe I had only 60mg and I was GONE. How can the human body actually tolerate 190mg of this stuff??

Ok y'all I want your unbiased opinions on this strange addiction I am currently in. I want the pros / cons of what I am doing as well as long term use hazards. 1 year ago I was drinking 1/2 pint of vodka per day to get through the struggles. I was able to graduate from college with a business degree in 4 years and I will start graduate school next month. Here is how my life of drugs has been the last year

Until 1 month ago drinking 1/2 pint vodka. Cold turkey
Until 3 weeks ago I was smoking H for 4 weeks (minimal withdrawals) cold turkey

Now I find myself plugging, yes the bum rush, 20mg mxe 3-4 times daily and doing the zoomed dose of 70mg plug at 9pm every night. This has been going on for the last month and my life has never been better. When I am sober I feel amazing and happy and when I'm on mxe I feel the same but a lil enhanced (brain). Please message me or post the negatives with dosing mxe on a daily basis for a long period of time if there are any. I am also on lexipro 20mg daily followed by gabapentin 800mg a day. So far I haven't had any negative side effects when I miss a day of mxe which I have been doing for a momth now. My future is bright (grad school) and I even have a sales job at ADT. Should I cut down or is this antidepressant self medication have some clout to it. I'm trying to change my brain chemistry to where I'm always feeling this way all the time by continuous mxe plug throughout the day and hopefully my DNA becomes accustomed. Ahhhhh sounds crazy as fu k hahahahahahaha try and talk me out of this theory please.

e1evene1even - thanks for the published studies. This is so frustrating, because I do have a chronic illness in addition to depression, and there is published research back to the mid-eighties that NMDA antagonists and opiates help with pain and depression/bipolar, but researchers don't offer treatment, and on the treatment end, doctors just don't want to know. They want me to suffer in silence and be compliant. Then you are labeled a drug user if you take your illness into your own hands, do your homework, get your own medications and self-treat (to life-changing success, I might add).

I have also found this compound to help enormously with unipolar depression. I would love to read more on this topic as well.

Did I read that correctly? I can't quote from my phone but someone said they take around 190mg of mxe? Wtf, how is that not lethal? I've read some horror stories about doses over 100mg. And the only time I ever tried mxe I had only 60mg and I was GONE. How can the human body actually tolerate 190mg of this stuff??

Like said before its all about tolerance, 2 years ago 40mgs and a little booster bump had me floating and sliding up the walls and all that jazz now these days I'm lucky if 300-400 in two lines can do that to me in one session, I've gone up to 1500mgs in one day (not at all recommending this its just a result off near daily use for the past two years) and its not a quality issue at all, its the dreaded dissociative tolerance. Mxe is very forgiving on the body by itself, the one thing out of all things that can bring on an unpleasant regretful feeling for me is weed, it makes your weed tolerance drop down ten fold, while increasing the mxe high, so it can bring out the anxiety if you smoke the same amount you usually do, I normally smoke give or take 1.5 to 2 grams a day but while on mxe 1 or two hits and I'm good for hours. And I've seen people go into the 150mg range on their first time and while they got completely blasted into space and had a great time they had nothing negative to say about the experience. I forget if it was on this site or df but I remember seeing a report from someone who tried to kill themselves by taking a gram at once after doing some ketamine and didn't come close, they said they blacked out and wound up in the hospital after their parents found them and the only thing noted was an increased heart rate. Its when you combine it with other cns depressants that it starts to become a safety problem. Trying to walk after large doses and falling down has been the most dangerous part for me lol

Ok y'all I want your unbiased opinions on this strange addiction I am currently in. I want the pros / cons of what I am doing as well as long term use hazards. 1 year ago I was drinking 1/2 pint of vodka per day to get through the struggles. I was able to graduate from college with a business degree in 4 years and I will start graduate school next month. Here is how my life of drugs has been the last year

Until 1 month ago drinking 1/2 pint vodka. Cold turkey
Until 3 weeks ago I was smoking H for 4 weeks (minimal withdrawals) cold turkey

Now I find myself plugging, yes the bum rush, 20mg mxe 3-4 times daily and doing the zoomed dose of 70mg plug at 9pm every night. This has been going on for the last month and my life has never been better. When I am sober I feel amazing and happy and when I'm on mxe I feel the same but a lil enhanced (brain). Please message me or post the negatives with dosing mxe on a daily basis for a long period of time if there are any. I am also on lexipro 20mg daily followed by gabapentin 800mg a day. So far I haven't had any negative side effects when I miss a day of mxe which I have been doing for a momth now. My future is bright (grad school) and I even have a sales job at ADT. Should I cut down or is this antidepressant self medication have some clout to it. I'm trying to change my brain chemistry to where I'm always feeling this way all the time by continuous mxe plug throughout the day and hopefully my DNA becomes accustomed. Ahhhhh sounds crazy as fu k hahahahahahaha try and talk me out of this theory please.

Hey man, I'd say that you're better off plugging what is a fairly small dose of MXE than what you were doing before. So it's definitely a step in the right direction. I know what you mean when you talk about changing your brain chemistry with MXE. In a way I'm trying to do the same thing. [Side note: since discovering MXE, I've found great uses from nootropics like piracetam, check them out, in fact, Piracetam has been claimed by some ketamine users to reverse the negative effects of ketamine on memory, attention, and general intelligence.]

If MXE keeps you off alcohol and H, I think it's worth it. At least in the short term until you can find a better solution. Being on MXE long-term shouldn't be a solution for anyone right now. I'm a student, probably around your age, plugging about 200mg/day for the last couple weeks. Before that I've used MXE for 18 months so I know what this shit is.

There's a massive difference in the quality of batches, so if you're getting nasty side effects from your current batch, I suggest you dump it. I'm in good health and can function pretty normally after dosing, but my previous batch had way more side effects where I was dehydrated, couldn't think and was just generally zombified. To give you an example, I plugged today's single dose of 210mg an hour ago, and I wrote this. Okay, a little difficulty reading but no double-vision. This is on clean MXE. For a year I was using some fucked up shit, if I come across a batch that's not clean like this, I'll throw it out. I think there are misconceptions about this drug due to impure product. In the short term it's very easy on the body, more so than alcohol, GHB, DXM etc. At least in my experience.

Msg me any time.

Last edited:
a few mexicans left? Huh?

Otherwise, you just gotta tough it out man. A few days of agony is nothing compared to feeling rejuvenated, focused, and happy. I've not done MXE too many times myself, but I had my fair share of ketamine. Trust me, the withdrawals could be worse. From what you describe, you just need to suck it up and deal with it. Not trying to call you a whimp by any means, withdrawal from any substance sucks - but it's something everyone inevitable has to deal with when they abuse a substance. There isn't much you can do but go through it. If your tolerance is massive, a taper may help. But otherwise, I'm not sure what else to tell you. Get it all out of the house and don't leave for a few days. Sleep it off and power through it.

I'm proud of you for making the decision to get off the shit. Keep it up man! Have you ever tried NA/AA for support? If 12 step isn't for you, try lifering or smart recovery. You gotta find some support though, it will help your recovery ten fold.

Good luck, stay strong, stay positive, and get through the shit!

Planning on trying MXE for the first time this weekend, I was wondering what dose I should start at? I've used ketamine in the past but it was quite a long time ago and I don't have much memories of it so I'm basically unexperienced with dissociatives. Also I don't really want to start off with a full-blown experience, but nothing too mild either...like I'd like to get a pretty good idea of what it's like without losing control completely, if that makes sense. If anyone has any suggestions? :)

15-20mg insufflated is in my opinion a very good starter dose. This will show MXE's true character (if no tolerance) but won't make everything completely chaotic.

Great thanks! Looking forward to it :D

Remember the comeup is longer than with ketamine, it takes around 20 minutes before the effects kicks in probably, wait ~30 min before redosing if the dose is too low.

Planning on trying MXE for the first time this weekend, I was wondering what dose I should start at? I've used ketamine in the past but it was quite a long time ago and I don't have much memories of it so I'm basically unexperienced with dissociatives. Also I don't really want to start off with a full-blown experience, but nothing too mild either...like I'd like to get a pretty good idea of what it's like without losing control completely, if that makes sense. If anyone has any suggestions? :)
I'd give it a go at around 30mg IN, I know most people would recommend sublingual but idk if its just me but sublingually has just never worked as well for me, but depending on your size I couldn't see anything really going wrong with 30, whenever I introduce someone to it I start them off between 30-40mg depending on experience with similar chemicals, and always in a controlled environment. Quality of course will play a factor too, mxe is one of those chemicals you can kind of judge the quality by appearance. I've noticed the bright white shiny salt/sugar crystal looking batches to be the best. With the powdered batches you're kind of rolling the dice, I've had very good very slightly off white powdered batches that had tiny crumb like rocks in it that I would rank up with the salty/sugary looking batches but more often with the powdered batches I've encountered the dull white somewhat clumpy, funky smelling batches that are pretty much crap. Then there's the sandy somewhat yellow tinted kind which is pretty average quality, and since your dissociative tolerance is pretty much fresh you'll definatly have a good time with the sandy kind but as with anything that'll change over time with tolerance.

But yea I'd say start out with 30mgs to get a nice introduction to mxe, you definatly wont be underwhelmed but its still low enough that you wont get blasted into another universe. going below 20mgs will most likely just give you a goofy giggly high, and weed increases the high alot. I'd also wait a bit longer to redoes if you want to go deeper with it, maybe around 45mins to an hour between doses, doing smaller doses in a shorter time span seems to bring out the more stimulating manic side of it, but play around with it see what your sweet spot is its easy on the body, have a blast!

Start with 20 mg intranasal, you can redose after 30 minutes with 15 mg if you are not where you want.

We really need a better world-wide dialogue going on around this class of drugs. I feel like MXE is one of the biggest 'weapons' to change the collective's image in this world-wide drug 'war'. MXE is poised as the first star in this new era of rational drug design, and it's only going to go up from here. We are going to find ever-more safe, and as a result ever-more psychologically addictive drugs now into the future. Once we start getting computers to model drugs that that do exactly what we want and without unwanted side effects, we are going to find substance use/abuse/addiction as an increasingly fuzzy definition, We will need to step back and look at their overall impact on society and culture which will be an increasingly strong ripple of effect.
Maybe we can start with a sort of wiki-style approach of community generated knowledge base.

Status
Not open for further replies.