View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread: 9th dose - Tolerance Schmolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, ya'll in this thread are crazy. 1.5 grams in a week? Holy shit dude.

I've been using MXE since last fall, at least once or twice a month, and I've been through a total of 1.5 grams. Stuff always seemed super potent to me.

I really don't think "a few" days off is enough for this stuff guys, but whatever, it's your body.

Coming from the perspective of someone who has abused dissociatives though, and having seen many other people abuse them, I can tell you that people simply don't abuse dissociatives like you guys and walk away unscathed. Maybe there's some occasional super human who does, but I've never seen someone who was getting dissociated a lot of the time end up ok mentally (always seen people either become mentally ill or get severely brain damaged). It sounds like some of you guys consider being on MXE half of all days as being moderate use.

I dunno why I keep coming in this thread because I always end up posting pretty much the above message, but I always see the same people in here posting the antithesis of that message. Like I said, it's your choice if you want to abuse any drug, but damn, ya'll is doing too much MXE, I strongly doubt it will end well. Dissociative disorder is really an extremely shitty condition to live with, I know from experience.

I agree that's definitely a lot of mxe to be using, and there is a lot of potential for things to go wrong... I'm not one to speak here as I did 2g a week, all IV for 3 weeks (not dicksizing at all, that would be like *insert generic simile here*)

But if he feels ok, and is acting okay I'm not sure there is much to be getting up in arms about. Of course an online forum isn't the best place to get a full idea of how someone is doing, but he seems fairly consistent in his posts and doesn't seem to be fading away or typing incoherent nonsense etc.

Of course more than "a few days off" would be ideal to truly get back to baseline and become acquainted with it once more, but it's hard to pull yourself out, and even one day off in the midst of a binge seems like a fair amount of time.

Yes, mxe is untested. That doesn't mean it's most definitely neurotoxic or generally toxic. It was created with the intent of being 'safer than ketamine.' Yes it's a bit more darker(less spiritual), lucrative and easier to abuse than ketamine, but it's also a grey-market research chem lol... I imagine if ketamine was available to masses online that it would be abused just as much and probably even more than mxe.

I'm not condoning use nor condemning it. I feel this is a very powerful chem with a lot of potential but it does lend itself quite easily to abuse...

Been over a week since I used and I'm feeling even better than the last time I posted... Also stopped smoking weed, which I thought would make things 10x worse, but I want to get a clear grasp on sobriety just to make sure I'm not quite as delusional as everyone here is inclined to believe.

Pretty much given up MXE now, apart from doing some the other day, hadnt touched it previous to that for a month or so. forgot how weird this shit is, trying to sleep on it is odd. thankfully i had etiz and vals

Pretty much given up MXE now, apart from doing some the other day, hadnt touched it previous to that for a month or so. forgot how weird this shit is, trying to sleep on it is odd. thankfully i had etiz and vals

I've grown tired of it too. There's nothing of interest MXE gives me anymore. I had a break from it due to too much unwanted side effects but as I've now tried it again after a break, it feels too speedy and stimulating for me. The first 1,5 years using it was great fun but it took its toll on me and I don't seem to get back the "magic" it once had. I'll probably save some of the stuff, put it in the freezer as some kind of collector's item.

Granted, my usage is pretty damn high. When I have, I usually do 100mg at a time, maybe 2 or 3 times in a day. It's quite a lot, but...despite this I feel fine. When I first started using, it really grabbed me and made me feel like I was losing my mind. It made me feel paranoid, delusional and quite frankly scared. Now, even though I use more than I ever have, I feel normal. Perhaps I've slipped into a realm of delusion and don't even know it? What I do know, is I feel good physically, and mentally. I feel positive. I no longer freak out when I don't have any laying around to dose. Instead, like I said in my previous post, I look forward to those days of sobriety just as much as I look forward to those days of dosing. It's a good feeling knowing I'm doing my body good by staying clean for a few days. And yes, a few days is not ideal, but still...it's recovery time.

I feel clear headed, I feel good. I know I should probably reduce my usage even further, but as of now I'm taking it one day at a time. And in this moment, feeling pretty good about it.

Definitely not condoning it... lol. I really don't think mxe should be used more than once every two weeks.

^Permanently? I was pretty good at video games the couple times I tried playing them on MXE. Felt weird immersing myself in virtual reality while already dissociated.

I agree that's definitely a lot of mxe to be using, and there is a lot of potential for things to go wrong... I'm not one to speak here as I did 2g a week, all IV for 3 weeks (not dicksizing at all, that would be like *insert generic simile here*)

But if he feels ok, and is acting okay I'm not sure there is much to be getting up in arms about. Of course an online forum isn't the best place to get a full idea of how someone is doing, but he seems fairly consistent in his posts and doesn't seem to be fading away or typing incoherent nonsense etc.

Of course more than "a few days off" would be ideal to truly get back to baseline and become acquainted with it once more, but it's hard to pull yourself out, and even one day off in the midst of a binge seems like a fair amount of time.

Yeah, the same thing happens if you use a lot of PCP. While using a lot of PCP, you'll often feel just fine, even better than normal, so you never realize what the drug is doing until you take a long break.

A few days off is pretty much meaningless with such drugs. I mean, I'm sure it's better than nothing, but you are literally never sober if you only take a couple days off, most people here say they can feel effects (call it an afterglow or whatever) for a few days to a week after. If someone is using Monday and tuesday, taking off wednesday and thursday, using friday, taking off saturday and using sunday, they are still feeling MXE effects all the time and are never truly sober.

Yes, mxe is untested. That doesn't mean it's most definitely neurotoxic or generally toxic. It was created with the intent of being 'safer than ketamine.' Yes it's a bit more darker(less spiritual), lucrative and easier to abuse than ketamine, but it's also a grey-market research chem lol... I imagine if ketamine was available to masses online that it would be abused just as much and probably even more than mxe.

I never said it was probably toxic because it's untested, I said it's probably toxic because it is a dissociative pcp and ketamine analogue. And the fact that it's untested means that we have no clue what kind of problems it may be causing. Justifying abusing the drug so much just because someone feels fine while they're abusing it (and on their couple days off) is absurd. Negative effects can take a long time to surface.

Who said that MXE is supposed to be safer than ketamine? I don't think that was the intention of it being produced at all. I've read that the folks who made it wanted a more potent drug because the bladder problems would be theoretically less than ketamine if the dosage for the drug was less. Nothing at all about MXE suggests that it was intended to be mentally safer than any other dissociative, and there is no evidence that it's safer for the bladder either.

It is a dissociative. It is probably bad for your brain when using so heavily. Beyond that, even if it isn't directly neurotoxic, being in a dissociated mindstate so much can and very likely will lead to mental problems.

And the comparison to ketamine is irrelevant to me because I'm not a spiritual or metaphysical person, so I don't care about that. And I'd be saying the same thing about abusing ketamine as I am about MXE- it's a bad idea and will lead to problems. I'm sure people would buy ketamine just as much if it was available online, but that's beside the point.

Also, I don't know why people always compare MXE to ketamine. To me, MXE feels almost exactly like a cross between high dose dxm and pcp. At least for me, the feeling is not that similar to ketamine. But maybe that's just me.

I'm not condoning use nor condemning it. I feel this is a very powerful chem with a lot of potential but it does lend itself quite easily to abuse...

Been over a week since I used and I'm feeling even better than the last time I posted... Also stopped smoking weed, which I thought would make things 10x worse, but I want to get a clear grasp on sobriety just to make sure I'm not quite as delusional as everyone here is inclined to believe.

You sure seem to be defending it like it's possible to abuse the fuck out of it and walk away unscathed. This whole "few days off" concept is absurd, your limit of once per 2 weeks is much more reasonable.

I agree it's not worth getting up in arms about, everyone should have the right to do whatever they want to their own mind/body. But I think it's a dangerous game to be playing.

On a lighter note, gonna get high as fuck on MXE today =D

Last edited:
yeah I definitely agree with the "couple days off" thing. I feel nowhere near sober even 3 days after stopping a couple days of MXE use. I've decided to stop using MXE for a while (more than a couple days) as I've been noticing I literally feel stupid even after stopping for a couple days. The other day when I had been "sober" for 3 or 4 days I mixed up left and right TWICE in one day.. and I never do that, it really threw me off. I just feel like my mind has been way too disconnected from my body lately and my brain is just not functioning properly.

Hi all,

I have been using MXE for about 5 months and this week I finally flushed all of what I had down the toilet and decided which substances I will carry on with. This isn't a dig at MXE, I didn't throw it away because it was bad, I did cos its so good! lol.
i
I am 23 and do date have 25 different substances (Alcohol, Cannabis, Tobacco, Cocaine, Morphine, Zoplicone, Tramadol, Magic Mushrooms, MDMA, Ketamine, 2C-B, 2C-I, 2C-E, MXE, MPA, MDAI, 6APB, DMT, Changa, LSD) I have used recreationally and recently decided I am only going to take psychedelics and few others (MDMA+Coke) and nothing else due to the effects they were having on my life.

I went through a dark period at Uni and was using Ketamine everyday for about a month. Scared the shit out of me how easily you could hammer it at night and still get up for Uni in the morning. Anyway, got that out of my life and then MXE came along which is even better than Ket!

I'm glad I no longer use Dissociates as I found with daily use it was making me believe everyone around me had changed when in fact I was just too K'd to notice around me what was going on!

Much respect to people who can resist with this one. I happily sit on MDMA and never have any temptation to try it but with dissociates its all too easy. Good luck and remember, addiction to dissociates is like a game of Supermarket Sweep! Its fucking fun when your in there but you have to get out quick before your time is up!

You sure seem to be defending it like it's possible to abuse the fuck out of it and walk away unscathed. This whole "few days off" concept is absurd, your limit of once per 2 weeks is much more reasonable.

I'm defending it in that sense, because I've been much more wreckless with MXE than the vast majority of people (Not proud of this or dicksizing... just stating what I've noticed) and not only do I feel "fine," I feel better than I did before I started using MXE.

I'm well aware that everyone is different and will react different... This is why I'm not condoning it lol. I'm not even condoning it for myself... I don't ever want to abuse mxe as I did. A few days off for someone who is psychologically addicted, and has mxe readily available is definitely better than no days off... Of course 2+ weeks would be best but when you're caught up in constantly using, it's very hard to break the cycle and I'm not going to sit here and make sure everyone is only using once every two weeks.
I'm also not going to sit here and shit-talk people who don't have control, or can't exercise control as I understand it's very hard... Of course people know the dangers of taking RCs (or so I would hope... especially if they took the time to set up an account here) Acting like they don't, and then bashing them doesn't really help.

In regards to "safer than ketamine" I just meant that it's more potent, thus less material will be used. Doesn't exactly mean it's safer or healthier so my choice of words was a bit off... Due to MXE's more complex pharmacology (possible mu-opioid receptor activity, possible effects on serotonin) I would say it could possibly be more detrimental to one's health than ketamine. I only compare it to ketamine, because most people do. I don't think they're really similar in effects or feeling, mxe probably feels a bit more like PCP/3-MeO-PCP/3-MeO-PCE, but I've not tried any of those chemicals.

Probably going to stop posting in this thread as it's just getting frustrating and annoying lol. I'll let you guys know when I'm psychotic/my brain is deteriorating/etc

After using this at less than 100mg once a week for ages, for me the the anti depressant afterglow effects of this stuff are excellent, helped me control/stop my meph useage, etc. useful tool. but overall its a fucking weird drug. over do it and its manic and odd. cant imagine how people can do it all day, every day etc. but each to their own

I'm defending it in that sense, because I've been much more wreckless with MXE than the vast majority of people (Not proud of this or dicksizing... just stating what I've noticed) and not only do I feel "fine," I feel better than I did before I started using MXE.

I'm well aware that everyone is different and will react different... This is why I'm not condoning it lol. I'm not even condoning it for myself... I don't ever want to abuse mxe as I did. A few days off for someone who is psychologically addicted, and has mxe readily available is definitely better than no days off... Of course 2+ weeks would be best but when you're caught up in constantly using, it's very hard to break the cycle and I'm not going to sit here and make sure everyone is only using once every two weeks.
I'm also not going to sit here and shit-talk people who don't have control, or can't exercise control as I understand it's very hard... Of course people know the dangers of taking RCs (or so I would hope... especially if they took the time to set up an account here) Acting like they don't, and then bashing them doesn't really help.

In regards to "safer than ketamine" I just meant that it's more potent, thus less material will be used. Doesn't exactly mean it's safer or healthier so my choice of words was a bit off... Due to MXE's more complex pharmacology (possible mu-opioid receptor activity, possible effects on serotonin) I would say it could possibly be more detrimental to one's health than ketamine. I only compare it to ketamine, because most people do. I don't think they're really similar in effects or feeling, mxe probably feels a bit more like PCP/3-MeO-PCP/3-MeO-PCE, but I've not tried any of those chemicals.

Probably going to stop posting in this thread as it's just getting frustrating and annoying lol. I'll let you guys know when I'm psychotic/my brain is deteriorating/etc

cognitive function does seem to lower after a while. just feel a bit slower

I am a huge fan of MXE and ultimately managed to get personally satisfying results using about 100mg daily, with camfetamine /ethylphen in addition which more or less eradicates the short attention span which is the biggest draw back for me.

i did have more then a few stumbling blocks a long the way though. got fairly strongly addicted to it early on and consider the symptoms of chronic overuse to mirror stim psychosis. i been through many different addictions over the years though, and have become well versed in getting various substances under control without having to give them up. Not that i'm complacent.

Also, before i take a bashing for condoning daily use or whatever, i'm just telling me story. everyone else is old enough and ugly enough to do it how they see fit. i am a fully self confessed fuck up, having used drugs daily for last ten years or so and, while i'm glad i dont drink 2 bottles of spirits a day like some of my friends (i dont even smoke as it happens), i'm under no illusions as to long term health implications of how i live my life. i think the number of posts in the 'what age do you think you'll die' thread confirms that not everyone here is a health freak obsessed with living to 150. But if you do thats good too. As Doug Stanhope says 'Your instinct is your only true god'.

Last edited:
Somebody was banging on about "the love" and typing random stuff, so i thought id join in. was pretty much sober at the time, no bad MXE trip for me. it appears they deleted their posts though lol

not really, just a deep MXE experience. on ego deaths from DMT and MXE etc ive become connected to "LOVE", cant expain, its fucking amazing though

Status
Not open for further replies.