View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread: 9th dose - Tolerance Schmolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have noticed high doses of mxe makes me feel like im in that place i only get to with high dose psychedlics. this chemical is magical. got consumed in LOST and thought i was apart of it

Even though I haven't used since Friday, this thought still popped in to my head.

To the people who use in excess, doses in the 150mg+ range, what's the most you've ever taken at once? I ask this because I was taken 150mg bumps, and a few times did a full 200mg up my right nostril. I remember feeling completely overwhelmed. Not mentally, but physically. I remember having to crawl into bed, and I couldn't stop moving around, tossing and turning, with this feeling that I was overdosing. It usually set it 15 minutes after dosing, and only lasted 10 or so minutes till it leveled off, but it's such a scary feeling. It's almost funny in a way, because when I'm sober I almost always wish I was dead, or dieing, but then I take 200mg at once and feel like I'm dieing and all I can thinking is "Fuck, I don't want to die. This feels like my veins and arteries are going to explode! This is gonna be painful." and I swear I look at my arms and skin expecting to see blood fill up my skin from internal bleeding or some crazy shit.

Yeah, needless to say taking such high doses at once is not recommend. This is why I cut back severely, taking small bumps instead of large piles like a dumbass.

after following this for 9-incarnations, and going through it all myself (the love affair with MXE...the months of regular reckless use, then the getting bored and growing out of it....and gradually clearing my head with abstinence, before starting again...etc . i thought i would post a brief summery of what we know

1) Dose is highly variable depending in route taken, and tolerance, which builds fast. Dose ranges from a few milligrams to long term users using a gram + in a day (although i have never heard of anyone taking a whole gram in a go. DO NOT DO THAT. but you will be surprised how quickly a evening/night of "bumps" add up to a high dose. when people talk about their silly high doses most people mean in a duration of a binge, very few really hit the silly doses. Tolerance doesn't just go up fast italso goes down fast, which is a danger for overdoses..a few day or sometimes a single day break and you need half as much or less.)
2) route of administration varies the effect and strength of the drug - different people have their own favorites. 100 mg up the nose (high dose) might not do much for a heavy long term user this route but could be deadly IV or rectal, or hardly noticeable oral/sublingual (despite some claims sublingual is the best, most don't find this to be true)
3) despite a continued paranoia of negative health effects that can be seen by excessively long posts and replies, no one has got into any serious trouble (yet)...high doses will produce raise in blood pressure and heart rate to dangerous levels. to date, no one has done more then arrive in A&E and draw attention to the drug getting it banned in the uk. however the effects of a overdose ARE SERIOUS AND POTENTIALLY LIFE THREATENING and should not be underestimated. BPMs high enough for seizures/strokes have been common in A&E admissions fortunately as far as i know, no one has had one YET)
4) Narcism. Its all about ME. whilst under the influence
5) it will make you wobbly on your feet, talk like a spaz and despite giving you the illusion you are expressing yourself clearly and coherently whilst thinking/talking/typing essays on bluelight you are currently completely retarded, mania is a problem that compounds this problem for us all, but I don't like the word "mania" I've worked with manic patients, think of it as a stim, you wouldn't call someone on speed manic, you would say speedy/hyper. however they are still likely to rant on and on to anybody about alsorts of shit whilst on the substance....
6) most users love or hate it
7) no one so far who doesn't already have a mental health issue, or poly drug use/issues has come to any major mental health problems other then a panic attack which fades with a period of abstinence. this panic may last for some time after prolonged heavy use. but does go if you give it a rest
8) even the heaviest users who have gone through months of daily use, have been able to slow down, cut out use eventually. a honeymoon. this love affair seems to last a few months. before excessive tolerance or the positive effects of the drug vanish
9) heavy daily use ends up not just with a tolerance, but the drug stops working. (but can remain moorish and compulsive)
10) No one has managed to take enough to kill their bladder yet. People seem to "grow out of it" first.
11) It does not mix with MOST OTHER DRUGS.
12 the issue of "addiction" is one of definition. evidence of psychological dependence, but no physical addiction, no physical withdrawals. even the most outrageous users can give a period without use after the "honeymoon" . addiction to a drug is a huge thing, it takes over your life, takes away your relationships, will make you do whatever you have to do to get that drug at the expense of EVERYTHING including your own health and often to the point of your life- so far ive only read one or two tails of this with mxe but they were from poly drug users and there is no background to their "pre mxe" life...i.e. no stories of "the person that had it all, career, lover and kids" ending up giving head homeless in some alley way for a bump of mxe. it simply isn't that bad. thats what real addiction will do to you. liking something a lot and feeling guilty about it can explain 90% of "im addicted" posts" ...despite this, you can get addicted to anything. if you are worried, be it addiction, or your mental health, the last person to be objective is YOU. so get a second opinion.
13) it takes several days after stopping using it before you go "oh my head is clear" so give yourself a break.
14) tolerance will go down fast but ability to hole takes a lot longer to come back. as doest most of the magic . long term users report the loss of the afterglow, and the psychedelic aspects of the drug and are left with only a dopamine like rush with compulsive re-dosing. (particularly those who insufate (snort) the drug as fav ROA
15) it dehydrates you, remember to drink water. some people have had urinary infections and panicked that its bladder death, but its just because they have been on a binge and have been dehydrated for too long. (SO FAR no one has reported serious bladder issues despite a huge number of people who have been taking this drug for some time now often to excess. there is a lot of PARANOIA of bladder damage, but saying that, the potential for damage is REAL, just not as high as people thought/think...remember though, that the more you take, and the longer you take it for. the more real the risks will become. this is a RC. we REALLY DONT KNOW what the long term effects will be, but we can take a educated guess)
16) advice on these threads come from a range of drug users, the majority with a long history of poly drug use, when taking advise, look at the bigger picture, is this person a complete moron taking mixes of lots of chemicals over a long period of time, are they actually just cooked in the head anyway? or are they REALLY sensible and experienced, or just plain well educated in the matter.... quite often a look at someones "other posts" in different parts of blue light will give a clearer picture of who you are taking advise from. eg. if i said "ye, a gram a day is harmless, i used to do it all the time, im fine" you will probably find that ive posted somewhere else about being on some form of medication, or that actually 30 posts previously i was talking about aliens and how i couldnt stop taking the drug whist at the same time posting somewhere else about being sectioned, and loosing my friends and family..get where im going with this... choose who you take advise from. (i didnt do the above btw. that was an example...pmsl)
17) (I'm not 100% sure of this, but it seems to work, and others have posted it).taking a (low dose) of benzo reduces some of the negative effects ...ie "takes the edge off it". less panic, less mania. also been voiced, but no proof that this stops some of the neuro toxicity and protects your brain (a bit)...i believe this is true for DXM and probably the DXM pages is where it came from. verdict is out, make up your own mind)....obviously mixing drugs runs a big risk, high doses of mxe and benzos will not save you, they will make it more likely you get into trouble. emphasis on LOW DOSES.
18) some quote that you can always take more, but you cant take less of a drug, cant remember the reference..but its golden advise. small bumps add up to a higher dose and you can get a better idea of whats going to happen rather then risking shoving a huge amount in you at once.

Last edited:
Even though I haven't used since Friday, this thought still popped in to my head.

To the people who use in excess, doses in the 150mg+ range, what's the most you've ever taken at once? I ask this because I was taken 150mg bumps, and a few times did a full 200mg up my right nostril. I remember feeling completely overwhelmed. Not mentally, but physically. I remember having to crawl into bed, and I couldn't stop moving around, tossing and turning, with this feeling that I was overdosing. It usually set it 15 minutes after dosing, and only lasted 10 or so minutes till it leveled off, but it's such a scary feeling. It's almost funny in a way, because when I'm sober I almost always wish I was dead, or dieing, but then I take 200mg at once and feel like I'm dieing and all I can thinking is "Fuck, I don't want to die. This feels like my veins and arteries are going to explode! This is gonna be painful." and I swear I look at my arms and skin expecting to see blood fill up my skin from internal bleeding or some crazy shit.

Yeah, needless to say taking such high doses at once is not recommend. This is why I cut back severely, taking small bumps instead of large piles like a dumbass.

yup. you were prob on the edge of an overdose, with high blood pressure and bpm (were your veins showing on your hands etc? rapid pulse?, the usual symptoms, coupled with panic. it's not nice. ive hit 300mg doses before, and been fine up till the end ..then the trouble starts. on one time an ambulance was called (bad times)..but usually once they have got you to hospital and wired you up...you are over the worse. at one stage i could do 300mgs and have no problem. the times (during my excessive use period) that i got into trouble and needed help, or spun out, usually were when i have been used to huge doses. had a day or two off. and then taken the old dose. tolerance drops FAST for physical effects at least.....high doses will knock out your ability to walk, get you stuck in a loop of trying to say the same thing OVER AND OVER to some poor person, or re dosing over and over not realising you have until you run out (only take out what you plan to use)... a mix of mania and lose of bodily function. also high doses can leave you looking catatonic for a while. scary for friends and lovers to see

its prob not a dictionary definition, but an overdose for me doesn't have to be fatal, just TOO MUCH to enjoy, or to cause unwanted side effects. an overdose of MXE is marked with acute panic, raised blood pressure, raised pulse, chest pain etc.... if you experience any of these, you have taken to much. i.e. overdosed. (in my eyes)...same for a drinker, if you've drank so much you fall in a gutter covered in your own piss and vomit, id call that an over dose. unpleasant effects

FYI an overdose on a stimulant is THE WORST MOST TERRIFYING thing, your body is fighting it stimulated body and mind will be in full blown panic, its way more horendous then sedatives. its probably the worst.

psychedelic drugs are a bad idea if you suffer from any mental health condition, be it depression or eating disorders, it will make things a million times worse.

Last edited:
yup. you were prob on the edge of an overdose, with high blood pressure and bpm (were your veins showing on your hands etc? rapid pulse?, the usual symptoms, coupled with panic. its not nice. ive hit 300mg doses before, and been fine up till the end ..then the trouble starts. on one time an ambulance was called (bad times)..but usually once they have got you to hospital and wired you up...you are over the worse. at one stage i could do 300mgs and have no problem. the times (during my excessive use peroid) that i got into trouble and needed help, or spun out, usually were when i have been used to huge doses. had a day or two off. and then taken the old dose. tolerance drops FAST for physical effects at least.

Yes. I notice when dosing on this stuff, my veins become enlarged, and my arms look extremely muscular, and veins pop out. I actually like how it makes my arms look, but I can't imagine it being a good thing. I'm guessing it's due to the increase in bp.

A few times I've reached this level I speak up, taking 150mg+ bumps, and was convinced I was gonna die. The thought of calling an ambulance crossed my mind several times, but I knew even if they got here, they wouldn't know what to do to me. And if they did, chances are it wouldn't be in time. So the few times this has happened, I simply crawl into my bed and drink fluids, waiting for the worst to pass. It's quite scary, but so far I'm okay. It's given me enough of a scare to not do such huge doses at once. Nowadays, I like to do 150mg spaced out into 40mg - 50mg bumps every 10 or so minutes. That way if it begins to overwhelm me, I know I didn't go too far over the edge.

. It's given me enough of a scare to not do such huge doses at once. Nowadays, I like to do 150mg spaced out into 40mg - 50mg bumps every 10 or so minutes. That way if it begins to overwhelm me, I know I didn't go too far over the edge.

sound advice RE: SMALL BUMPS to see where you are going.

the small bumps trick. i follow the same rule, never hit a high dose in one, max usually 100mg bumps staggered to build up to where i want to be, but i seem immune with tolerance from day one. often i will hit 100mg, then do ye 50mg bumps 20 min spaced.

i would say my 100mg golden dose is RISKY and i wouldnt advise it especially because after a break, even a small one, that dose is enough to put me in a state i dont want to be in, also variation in batches, 100mg might be golden when a rubish batch is being used up, then a good one comes and ITS WAY TOO MUCH. i agree with you, start small. and work your way up (i will add that to my list above)

Last edited:
Most ive taken at once is probably 150-ish, maybe more, onto of alcohol and maybe meph, cant remember. not recommended, i do silly things when drunk. this stuff should be treated with respect. thought i was gonna die. surprised i didnt end up in hospital. learnt my lession

Most ive taken at once is probably 150-ish, maybe more, onto of alcohol and maybe meph, cant remember. not recommended, i do silly things when drunk. this stuff should be treated with respect. thought i was gonna die. surprised i didnt end up in hospital. learnt my lession

One and only time I mixed this stuff with alcohol, I got pretty sick. Ruined the high for sure. Only thing I like mixing with MXE is tobacco, it seems to bring up the high a good 20%.

After reading most pages in this thread, I am just totally baffled by the amounts some people here take. For weeks/months daily.. uh..
It really surprises me there are no deadly casualties yet. Please think about what you are doing... You are taking shitloads of untested, unresearched white powders that are supposed to be MXE. Even if it is fairly pure mxe (mixups are not uncommon), taking it daily is not smart to put it in a friendly manner.

I am not trying to be the smartass here, just trying to put a different perspective in this crazy thread.
I have the feeling some of you think you don't feel any side effects, but you are never back to baseline if you use this much. So you might as well have forgotten what it feels like to be sober...

After reading most pages in this thread, I am just totally baffled by the amounts some people here take. For weeks/months daily.. uh..
It really surprises me there are no deadly casualties yet. Please think about what you are doing... You are taking shitloads of untested, unresearched white powders that are supposed to be MXE. Even if it is fairly pure mxe (mixups are not uncommon), taking it daily is not smart to put it in a friendly manner.

I am not trying to be the smartass here, just trying to put a different perspective in this crazy thread.
I have the feeling some of you think you don't feel any side effects, but you are never back to baseline if you use this much. So you might as well have forgotten what it feels like to be sober...

I know I am one of these people you are referring to. I can easily use 200mg+ in a day, sometimes all at once. I'm not saying this is healthy, or wise. It's certainly not. To be honest, the reason I do these things is because I have nothing else to do with myself. I've been in a rut past few months. I know it's a horrible attitude to have, but I have this outlook of simply "Why not?". I don't care enough to stop. I'd like to have a reason to stop, but I don't. I have no job, I have no girlfriend, and I have nothing to worry about that makes me rethink using so much. If I had a girl in my life that wanted me to stop, I would, and with no problem. If I had a job, I'd cut down significantly just to perform my work more efficiently. But I have neither.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I find stopping to be no problem at all. 2 weeks ago, I quit for a good 6 days without any problems or cravings. I haven't used in 5 days, and I feel perfectly fine. I know this stuff has a long half life, so it's certainly still in my system somewhat, but again, no reason not to do it. I feel straight sober on my days off, honestly. I don't feel this "Afterglow" many talk about. Maybe for the first day or so, but beyond that I feel nothing. I'm just gonna continue using till I feel like stopping, and again I know this is a horrible attitude to have. I'm fully aware.

Cigs bring the high up, even caffiene brings it up i find. stims in general do, mix it with meph or whatever and its dodgy as fuck

Interesting you should mention the caffeine ColtDan as I especially noticed this interaction. I find MXE mixes great with all light stims - caffeine, ritalin, camfetamine etc.. but the heaviest I generally mix it with it is MPA (a combo i fucking love). MXE just has such a potent combining effect with any heavier stims, from mdma to acid, that it is so hard to predict the outcome. That said I recently did about a quarter gram over a 2 hour period as I was coming up off a cube of real nice acid when I was in a club down in Brighton about a month back. Was quite funny actually as I just got a new phone that I hadn't really got the hang of yet, and I lost all the people I was with as the result of running into one of my best mates i hadn't seen in like 5 yrs or something. Thought fuck it and decided to make my own way back and "revisit" the town at 2 in the morning on a saturday night, for old times sake (I used to live there years ago). It was quite beautiful actually, past all the gambian crews selling beans on the sea front, all the drunks fighting and getting arrested spilling out of west street, fucking seagulls the size of mini jumbos giving us all flashbacks to "the birds". Ultimately took me over four hours to make it back to some unknown address one of my mates text me. Moral of the story? Learning to use GPS on a new phone is best not done freezing your bollocks off in the early hours of morning when spangled on MXE and acid I suppose.

Again really should reiterate that tolerance is a huge factor once again of course - took about 40mg MXE with half a cube of acid about six months prior and I was seriously on the edge of being "too high", if not in a dangerous sense, then certainly on the verge of being too high to finish recording a song which is what I was doing at the time. Reckon a quarter gram and a cube of acid with no tolerance might end me up in a pine box to be honest.

Hey J. Wallace, I read a couple of your recent posts and just wanna say you shouldn't feel like you gotta justify to anyone how much or how little you get up to with your days. Its not us that decide to come into this world so we don't owe anyone shit. Personally, I tend to not be that contented with life unless I'm busy and have projects that I'm intensely into. But in the past, I've suffered massive depression and even had suicide attempts basically as a result of a sense of failure over where I was in life compared to excessive expectations I put on my self. Now I still keep busy but I no longer build my self up to stuff like I used to, or crash when things don't pan out. As a result the future sure looks a lot less daunting. Not that my story is supposed to have any bearing on your life, I just thought I'd share that - I suppose because you seem to feel bad for not getting enough shit done, well theres a dark side to that too. As I see it, experimenting with novel research chemicals and discussing the effects on a drug awareness forum contributes a lot more to the social fabric than taking a plane overseas with a bunch of other psychopaths and blowing the fuck out of a town full of civilians over in Iraq. These are the guys that ought to have the "waster" complex if you want my opinion.

Last edited:
I know I am one of these people you are referring to. I can easily use 200mg+ in a day, sometimes all at once. I'm not saying this is healthy, or wise. It's certainly not. To be honest, the reason I do these things is because I have nothing else to do with myself. I've been in a rut past few months. I know it's a horrible attitude to have, but I have this outlook of simply "Why not?". I don't care enough to stop. I'd like to have a reason to stop, but I don't. I have no job, I have no girlfriend, and I have nothing to worry about that makes me rethink using so much. If I had a girl in my life that wanted me to stop, I would, and with no problem. If I had a job, I'd cut down significantly just to perform my work more efficiently. But I have neither.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I find stopping to be no problem at all. 2 weeks ago, I quit for a good 6 days without any problems or cravings. I haven't used in 5 days, and I feel perfectly fine. I know this stuff has a long half life, so it's certainly still in my system somewhat, but again, no reason not to do it. I feel straight sober on my days off, honestly. I don't feel this "Afterglow" many talk about. Maybe for the first day or so, but beyond that I feel nothing. I'm just gonna continue using till I feel like stopping, and again I know this is a horrible attitude to have. I'm fully aware.

Go to therapy?

^^ wanting to do something doesn't really mean it's a problem....people who don't work drink too much tea, smoke too many fags, smoke too much weed...worst of all watch day time telly. (kills the brain dead. fact) etc and when it comes to drink and drugs many do that too. its practically normal behaviour of you have nothing better to do (which is the real problem). saying that what do the majority of people who work do at the first oportunity? get out and get fucked up on alcohol or some other drug to excess to block out the working week. escapism. were human I really wouldn't worry about it just keep it in mind....yes it could be the beginning of a problem if you let it but seriously. this thread should be renamed "OMG i cant BELIVE HOW MUCH YOU/I TAKE WERE ALL GOING TO HELL" or simply "whiny bitches" (that a general statement im not picking anyone person out..its a endless stream of it...just cant take another incarnation of this thread saying the same over and over...)

find work, a girl whatever, and all of a sudden you wont be sat around being bored passing the time. thats the real issue being projected onto MXE ... the day you have a girl or a job (or both) and you fuck up either because you would rather stick chemicals up your nose THATS WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM thats when USE becomes ABUSE.

this drug has been around for a while now. this mass collective hysteria of no end of potential problems seems just that. yes. drugs are dangerous. dont over do them. end of.

QUOTE " If I had a girl in my life that wanted me to stop, I would, and with no problem. If I had a job, I'd cut down significantly just to perform my work more efficiently. But I have neither. " exactly. mate, you dont need therapy...take it from me i once went for therapy because i did a bit of coke..not enough at the time to be a real problem, i was young and naive and just got paranoid i did, and i lost my career and it barred me for a long time from finding work having a medical label of "drug user" on my medical notes and i didnt really have a problem (untill i was unemployed earning more on disability then when i working with nothing better to do then take drugs for a period of my life...it was far more destructive then therapy. that should be a last resort if you "cant stop". ... you have too much free time and are enjoying it. you feel guilt for it. you are aware that if you needed to you would stop. you are aware you can stop. you have. dont panic. just be aware.

guys n girls do we really need another million pages of the same thing? with no evidence to support it? seriously?

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't feel like I need therapy, or anything like that. I can only see it doing more harm than good.

Thank you Missi for the positive comments. Much appreciated :)

Getting this thread back on track, let's talk ROA's. I am use to snorting MXE, usually doing bumps at a time. I'm interested in other routes though, particularly oral. I tried it once, but I had already dosed 45mg beforehand so I can't really say how taking it orally was as oppose to snorting it. Personally, I just really enjoy putting things up my nose. Been that way since I started over a year ago. It's kinda fun to pour out the powder from it's vial, making a line or two and watching it go up the straw into my nose. I also like the drip.

But, like I said, I'd be interested in other ROA's. So, how does Oral compare? What do you prefer to do, just leave it under you're tongue till it's all gone? Put it in a cap and swallow it? Do tell! :)

you have too much free time and are enjoying it. you feel guilt for it. you are aware that if you needed to you would stop. you are aware you can stop. you have. dont panic. just be aware.
You're blessed, so soothing. Lovely :)

Yeah, I don't feel like I need therapy, or anything like that. I can only see it doing more harm than good.

Thank you Missi for the positive comments. Much appreciated :)

Getting this thread back on track, let's talk ROA's. I am use to snorting MXE, usually doing bumps at a time. I'm interested in other routes though, particularly oral. I tried it once, but I had already dosed 45mg beforehand so I can't really say how taking it orally was as oppose to snorting it. Personally, I just really enjoy putting things up my nose. Been that way since I started over a year ago. It's kinda fun to pour out the powder from it's vial, making a line or two and watching it go up the straw into my nose. I also like the drip.

But, like I said, I'd be interested in other ROA's. So, how does Oral compare? What do you prefer to do, just leave it under you're tongue till it's all gone? Put it in a cap and swallow it? Do tell! :)
I believe holding it under the tongue would be considered sublingually dosing. This is my usual ROA, although sometimes I'll go the intranasal route. The differences between the two seem pretty subtle; I don't think it affects much other than the onset and duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.