View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread: 9th dose - Tolerance Schmolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that a lot of people here claim they feel no negative mental effects after months of daily use. I definitely felt dissociated, more mentally vague and blank and slightly dumber after using MXE around 6 times in a month. Seems similar to DXM or PCP as far as fucking my head up, I'd advise extreme moderation and caution, it's probably safer to be addicted to ketamine than MXE.

Crazy that a lot of you guys are ok with becoming so severely habituated to untested research chems. Really, this drug has existed for only a couple years, you have no clue if it's causing horrible harm to you, and yet since your social lives are in tact you assume it's not a big deal. I personally would be more comfortable being habituated to opiates than to MXE, at least with opiates you know what you're getting. With MXE you might be causing severe long term harm to your brain and body. The risks do not outweigh the rewards.

And this is from someone who loves MXE, and I still use it, but I keep it to a maximum of once a month. And I think it would be wise of others to also set a strict limit before you end up posting these ridiculous and worrying posts like many in this thread. Seriously, the Big and Dandy MXE threads have gotten progressively more and more fucked up and at this point a lot of you guys are exhibited serious addictive behavior. Be careful folks.

One other thing- I recall reading that it is possible that MXE takes several days to leave the body after dosing, which PCP also does. So unless ya'll quit for a month or two you won't know how much damage you've already done. Sure your social lives and responsibilities are good now, but that doesn't mean you haven't damaged your ability to socialize, work, etc. while sober. Oftentimes we think our drug use is causing no harm, and it really feels like that until you are truly off the drugs (meaning longer than a one week break). I know other dissociatives can be like that in a big kind of way.

I don't like to get preachy but it's hard not to feel that way reading a lot of the posts in the last several pages of this thread.

Last edited:
Interesting that a lot of people here claim they feel no negative mental effects after months of daily use. I definitely felt dissociated, more mentally vague and blank and slightly dumber after using MXE once a week for a month. Seems similar to DXM or PCP as far as fucking my head up, I'd advise extreme moderation and caution, it's probably safer to be addicted to ketamine than MXE.

Crazy that a lot of you guys are ok with becoming so severely habituated to untested research chems. Really, this drug has existed for only a couple years, you have no clue if it's causing horrible harm to you, and yet since your social lives are in tact you assume it's not a big deal. I personally would be more comfortable being habituated to opiates than to MXE, at least with opiates you know what you're getting. With MXE you might be causing severe long term harm to your brain and body. The risks do not outweigh the rewards.

And this is from someone who loves MXE, and I still use it, but I keep it to a maximum of once a month. And I think it would be wise of others to also set a strict limit before you end up posting these ridiculous and worrying posts like many in this thread. Seriously, the Big and Dandy MXE threads have gotten progressively more and more fucked up and at this point a lot of you guys are exhibited serious addictive behavior. Be careful folks.

I definitely agree that it's "safer" to be addicted to ketamine than mxe, as it has actually been studied, but I find ketamine harder to abuse as it doesn't induce a "REDOSEEEEE!" mentality.

I'm not particularly "ok" with being addicted to mxe (which is why I even posted about it in the first place, but this seems to have been a bad idea considering how condescending everyone is being about it) but as I've said the lack of any negative physical or mental effects (not just "my social life being intact") and considering the positive effects/changes this chemical has brought on me it's hard not to want to continue to use it... though obviously the frequency of my use is something I'd like to tone down to avoid any of the negative effects since I am aware it is a fairly new RC and it's use/effects in general have not been studied, much less at the doses/frequency I (and others) have been using at.

Last edited:
@pychomimetic:
yes. i agree.
i just wanted to make the point that with mxe there is no craving for me when nothings around.
like i said i sometimes i actually forgot about to place a new order. or had other priorities with my money.

with opioids instead when i didn´t have done any for one or two weeks i crave really hard.
indeed it´s the healthier drug. but it sucks to have such low controll.

and i think i will take mxe not more than one or two times a month in the future.
last time is about 3 or 4 weeks ago and i have no desire to take it at the moment.

i just wanted to make the point that with mxe there is no craving for me when nothings around.

Just wanted to point this out as maybe people are missing this point, causing the condescending attitudes...

Of course I sometimes think "Hm, wish I had some mxe" but I'm not fiending out, immediately trying to order more.
These are just cravings and it's not hard to dismiss them. It's not like I'm constantly thinking about ordering/doing more to the point where I can't focus on other things, or simply forget about mxe for a bit.

I definitely agree that it's "safer" to be addicted to ketamine than mxe, as it has actually been studied, but I find ketamine harder to abuse as it doesn't induce a "REDOSEEEEE!" mentality.

I'm not particularly "ok" with being addicted to mxe (which is why I even posted about it in the first place, but this seems to have been a bad idea considering how condescending everyone is being about it) but as I've said the lack of any negative physical or mental effects (not just "my social life being intact") and considering the positive effects/changes this chemical has brought on me it's hard not to want to continue to use it... though obviously the frequency of my use is something I'd like to tone down to avoid any of the negative effects since I am aware it is a fairly new RC and it's use/effects in general have not been studied, much less at the doses/frequency I (and others) have been using at.

Wow, I had no idea they'd done any studies at all on MXE, can you link to it? I'd be interested in reading any available info in studies about the drug.

I don't think our posts have been condescending, more like concerned. I'm a druggie too dude, I don't think I'm better than you just because I'm not habituated/addicted to MXE. But reading your posts and other people's posts really does worry me that people are using the drug like that. I don't mean to be condescending at all.

What I'm pointing out is that you might not feel negative mental or physical side effects now, but it is very possible that if you quit for a month or two you will notice a difference. Sometimes it takes more than a few days or a week or two to notice the damage done. I know other dissociatives are like that sometimes.

And finally, if you post on a harm reduction website about habitually abusing a research chemical, you should expect people to respond by telling you that doing such a thing is a very, very bad idea. It's not condescending, it's informing people about risks. And it's as much for the random lurkers reading this thread as it is for you. If we didn't respond negatively to your post people reading it might take it as meaning that abusing MXE is safe. The site is public, and everything we post is read by a lot of people who aren't going to post themselves. So in view of the site's purpose, it only makes sense to encourage safer drug use whenever possible.

Sorry if you misinterpreted that post, I meant that there are no studies done as of yet on MXE and I'm aware of this. I'm almost doubting that they'll ever do any studies on it considering the shitty reputation it's achieved (roflcoptr, the death where the the person sniffed a fuckload thinking it was 4-mmc or something and I'm sure other incidents.)

I didn't take mxe (or any dissociatives) for about 3-4 months after I went through maybe 7 grams in a month/month and a half, and also did at least a gram of ketamine during that period as well, though I was only IMing at that point, as opposed to the binge I just went on where I mostly IVd, only IMing 2 or 3 times out of probably 40 injections. No negative effects were noted that I could accurately ascribe to the dissociatives specifically. I went through a fairly big lifestyle change during this time and although it's a progression in life and is helping me to get ready for going away to school and everything, it's really very far from ideal. I don't feel horribly depressed from this change though, and my recognition that it's a necessary step to get to where I want to be (therefore it's not as horribly depressing to me as it would have been at an earlier time) is something I could maybe ascribe to my experiences with psychedelics/dissociatives (not mxe/k specifically, but possibly. definitely a result of tripping in general but I couldn't pinpoint one or two specific experience)

I may also add that this change wasn't by choice, it was forced upon me.

I'm not expecting it to be "alright" by everyone that I abused mxe as I did, as even I know it was wrong and I have admitted that, and certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to use it in the manner I have. I just don't find many of these posts to be productive and take them all as attempted insults or something as I'm clearly not proud of my "addiction" and how it's caused me to abuse this chemical.

Last edited:
Yeah I got excited there for a minute, there are no MXE studies I've heard of. I don't think anyone here meant to insult you. I also don't think it was "wrong" to use MXE like that, so much as just a bad idea. I don't think right and wrong enters into the equation really.

Ultimately, it's your body, your brain and your choice, that is how I view all drug use. I'm not trying to get you to stop using or get you to use less cause I really don't care if/when/how others get high. But due to the nature of the website I think it's good to post cautionary info about drug use alongside all the wild tales about using the drugs. I'm fairly certain I speak for everyone here when I say no one meant to be condescending or insulting.

i am kind of carefull because 3 years ago i did dxm daily for months
(600mg everyday and 1,2g on weekends.).
and i became very very maniac and an asshole without noticing it.
i was doing things i usually never would.
like going in a pharmacy and asking for a ketamine injection. even arguing with them.
it took quite a while for my cognitive abilities to recover.
i wrote the whole story in another thread.

and with mxe i actually get unpleasant effects after 3 days of use.
very restless, anxious, chest pressure, dysphoria etc. but everyone is different.

It's the only drug I've abused, besides Oxycodone, that I've found myself thinking "If I could do one drug for the rest of my life, this would be it".

It's clearly had it's negative effects. It's affecting my friendships, my motivation to do things. Physically, I feel fine. Mentally, I definitely notice an increase in paranoid thoughts. For example, when I have people over my house, if I hear them talking in the other room but can't quite make out what they are saying, I seem to instantly start thinking they are talking about me, and I think my brain magically turns words they are saying into sentences I want to hear, reinforcing my paranoid thoughts.

I was seeing a nice girl, and because I was abusing this shit all day every day, she's lost respect for me and doesn't really want anything to do with me. Don't think the abusers don't notice the negatives it has on our lives. We certainly notice. The whole sad part of it, is we keep wanting more. All I've been thinking about, is when my next shipment is coming in. It should have come in today, but it got dropped off a few hours too late and now I have to wait the rest of the weekend, and Monday morning till I receive it. All I keep thinking about it pouring out a huge bump, and snorting that pile of powder up my nostril, for the sole purpose of escaping reality. But the reality I am escaping is one which I've created by using in the first place. It's an endless cycle.

I fear I've gone from talking, to simply ranting so I'll end it here. But, I believe my whole point was, the abusers are not oblivious. I think, for the most part, we sadly just don't have enough good in our lives to care enough to stop using.

I seriously reckon I was one of the first 50 people to ever try this substance as I scored one of the free samples when a certain UK vendor first announced the chemical. It changed my life.

Since it was banned here in England, I have yet to find it again and don't really trust overseas websites.

Starting to accept I won't be able to consume it again, at least anytime soon.

Just wanted to say to all the people who are still able to get it: Enjoy every minute you're high on it, you'll miss that protected feeling it gives you when you can't get it anymore :(

</3

Yeah, I really hope this chemical doesn't vanish into obscurity after all the public mishaps that have happened in the short period of time it's been out...
I'm lucky to have known of another vendor who stocked it after the UK ban hit, as my first vendor was UK based.

Sorry if you misinterpreted that post, I meant that there are no studies done as of yet on MXE and I'm aware of this. I'm almost doubting that they'll ever do any studies on it considering the shitty reputation it's achieved (roflcoptr, the death where the the person sniffed a fuckload thinking it was 4-mmc or something and I'm sure other incidents.)

I didn't take mxe (or any dissociatives) for about 3-4 months after I went through maybe 7 grams in a month/month and a half, and also did at least a gram of ketamine during that period as well, though I was only IMing at that point, as opposed to the binge I just went on where I mostly IVd, only IMing 2 or 3 times out of probably 40 injections. No negative effects were noted that I could accurately ascribe to the dissociatives specifically. I went through a fairly big lifestyle change during this time and although it's a progression in life and is helping me to get ready for going away to school and everything, it's really very far from ideal. I don't feel horribly depressed from this change though, and my recognition that it's a necessary step to get to where I want to be (therefore it's not as horribly depressing to me as it would have been at an earlier time) is something I could maybe ascribe to my experiences with psychedelics/dissociatives (not mxe/k specifically, but possibly. definitely a result of tripping in general but I couldn't pinpoint one or two specific experience)

I may also add that this change wasn't by choice, it was forced upon me.

I'm not expecting it to be "alright" by everyone that I abused mxe as I did, as even I know it was wrong and I have admitted that, and certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to use it in the manner I have. I just don't find many of these posts to be productive and take them all as attempted insults or something as I'm clearly not proud of my "addiction" and how it's caused me to abuse this chemical.

I suppose they are not that useful, but TBQH it's because most of you making the posts that worry us are hopelessly locked into addictive behavior and/or severely deluded. I just don't think you guys realize, or can realize just how potentially awful what you're doing to yourself is, or you wouldn't be doing it. At the very least these kind of posts should be made in the dark side where people may be better equipped to deal and discuss these issues with you, because we're not used to seeing that kind of behavior in PD as much. I guess I'm just venting frustration at how many people are irresponsibly abusing this drug because it's going to inevitably cause a lot of people a lot of problems in various ways. I wish you the best and hope you can get over this, as I realize that the posts I made were definitely caustic and don't really represent how I feel about individual people... but I really wish we'd stop seeing these kind of posts. Good luck.

Seem's like i read in a earlier post that antihistimines affect MXE? I think my regular meds affect it as well?

We aren't really sure that MXE has activity at opiod receptors though, AFAIK it's just conjecture. Doesn't hurt to be safe and treat it like it does though as far as possible interactions go.

Let's not demonize mxe. It still remains my drug of choice. It gives me peace of mind and helps me let go of my worries, or rationalize them. I only take it in 10-15mg doses nowadays. It feels like getting back to basics, to myself without all the everyday distractions, content. Basically it's like snorting christmas to me.

10 mg.s loratadine and 20 mg.s mxe, did allergy test first, we'll just have to see.... I dont recommend anyone else trying this yet.... give me a few and i will post for harm reduction purposes!

He did an allergy test first, then did 20mg of MXE as a real dose I assume.

I understand where you're coming from with saying that tons of people irresponsibly using this chemical will lead to issues, and I didn't take any posts as personal attacks... I mainly posted what I did to give J.Wallace some comfort in knowing that he's not alone.

It would be nice to know if I was acting delusional as I know dissociatives can cause this type of behavior but I've said before that I do feel fine, so it's obviously not something I can gauge myself. I would also never recommend anyone using mxe in the manner I have, as even one of my friends said today that if he used it the way that I do that he would more than likely go psychotic.

I don't know if it's my body chemistry,or mental demeanor or even my health habits (eating healthy, taking supplements etc) that are responsible for the lack of negatives I feel (although as I said, I don't think I'd be qualified to label myself as delusional, though I certainly don't feel this way) but just because I'm seemingly able to use this chemical as I have, doesn't mean I will continue as I do feel it's unhealthy to go through 6grams in 3 weeks. It's easy to fall into a cycle and my extensive posting was to help people realize and avoid this, as if people who were more prone to the negative effects (again, not saying I'm immune) were using in this manner it would certainly spell disaster. Not only is it shitty to hear of people having bad experiences and outcomes with such an amazing drug, it also makes it more likely that mexthoxetamine could vanish completely.

im just posting in here to remind myself to never touch this shit ever again.
i have also been hoarding it up in fear of an inevitable ban.
ive learned a lot but its addictive as fuck and a crutch.

on a lovely 4-aco-dmt trip right now... first time in a while without also using mxe...wtf

even right now im thinking oooo maybe in a few months it would be okay to have it. nooooooooooo fuck that just get some whippets if you get so desperate paul

Status
Not open for further replies.