View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread: 9th dose - Tolerance Schmolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MXE has something to do with both serotonin and dopamine.
I'm almost positive.
It seems to act on each system independently. Very odd. Like three drugs in one.
A dissociative, an opiate and a stimulant, and it can be all at the same time or all at different times depending on how much you dosed and how frequently.

Sometimes it feels like ecstasy other times it feels like your stimulated as hell. Other times it feels like you are coked back.

That's why it's so flashy and addicting.
Hard to understand what is going on and it's an extremely pleasant mix of good times and interesting ideas..
Definitely too nice of a product for me to use responsibly. hehe

Once in a blue moon but not much more. I've learned some real valuable lessons about RC's with this here mexy.

Anyone here done MXE while on an SSRI?

Have been on Zoloft for about 10 days and am really craving some mexxy.

People warn of serotonin syndrome, but I'm not sure why exactly. Does MXE even do anything with your serotonin levels? I thought it just influenced dopamine.

A friend of mine is on Zoloft and hasn't reported any symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome after doing many sessions of MXE, however, the doses/redoses weren't very big. He does, however, complain about Tinnitus, the next day after many seesions. Another friend takes Citalopram and hasn't reported any symptoms of SS either.

I've decided recently to stop.

I had a month or two break and then I came back and holed once or twice and now it's time to stop again.
I'm not learning anything magically new anymore when I hole.

I think it's because I came really close to OD that I learned all that weird crap I keep spraying all over bluelight that I'm trying to control..

I've had my fair share of good times with this stuff.
I appreciate and respect it for what it is.

It's been exactly one month since I've last done MXE.

Wish I could say I didn't miss it. In fact, sometimes I feel like the only reason I haven't bought more is because I'm moving to a place where I don't want substances like that to be delivered to in a few weeks.

I wouldn't say I ever went through withdrawal, but I definitely feel a craving for it. Then again, I have a feeling my appetite for it would be sated by using some K instead... which begs the question... which is the lesser of two evils?

man, how come the SSRI question was answered but my abilify question was not? i really would like to know if it is possible that with such a long half life that something like abilify would interfere with MXE. a friend of mine is on suboxone, klonopin, and a low dose of abilify and he can IV an entire gram in one night. THAT is why i am asking this question. it seems that even if he waits a few days(and im not using the old swim line here) that he will go into a nice floaty hole but only 2 or 3 times and then its done. normally a G should last someone a week, right?

Check this thread out: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/602951-Antipsychotics-blocking-NMDA-antagonist-effects

Aripiprazole has 5HT2A antagonist effects, and those have been shown to decrease effects of dissociatives.

And I would hope a gram would last someone more than a week normally, seriously.

I was looking into Methoxetamine.

My friend said it was quite a bit like Ketamine. Wanting to try it out.

nope a G lasts him 1 night. that is totally absurd, right? what would the culprit be? all others i know use like 50mg and are in another dimension. this is EU stuff and not chinese if that makes a difference.

the only thing i can think of is the abilify but the half life is so fucking long that he would have to like stop taking it for 21 days to feel anything???? i would think something like 6 days off a 2mg dosage would be fine.....but he tried that. do you think the bupe could be doing something? i bring this do BL because i am worried about his HUGE intake. i mean its just crazy. he has gone like a week not taking abilify when he was on 2mg as well.

thanks for the link.

Well the abilify would be part of it (as to how much and how long he'd have to abstain, who knows), but IV builds some serious tolerance very quickly, especially to anesthetic effects (and if you're not getting the anesthetic effect it's a lot easier to keep on dosing since you won't be as inebriated). There also seems to be an acute tolerance with this one that will where off given a couple weeks abstinence unique from long term dissociative tolerance.

I don't think bupe or kpin would decrease effects.

It's been exactly one month since I've last done MXE.

Wish I could say I didn't miss it. In fact, sometimes I feel like the only reason I haven't bought more is because I'm moving to a place where I don't want substances like that to be delivered to in a few weeks.

I wouldn't say I ever went through withdrawal, but I definitely feel a craving for it. Then again, I have a feeling my appetite for it would be sated by using some K instead... which begs the question... which is the lesser of two evils?

ketamine is probably the lesser or two evils, but its more more-ish and abuseable, feels so easy to abuse compared to MXE, which puts more strain on kidneys etc

There also seems to be an acute tolerance with this one that will where off given a couple weeks abstinence unique from long term dissociative tolerance.

i don't think this is true. :( tolerance finally caught up with me after about a year of 50 - 100 mg use per week. this was not resolved by a two week break.
i took a no2 balloon from my friend last week and barely felt anything. :(
i expect that the tolerance that arises from any NMDA antagonist is very long-lasting.

edit: i notice now that you've said "acute" tolerance. otoh i am speaking of chronic tolerance. i guess they are both at play with mxe.

Last edited:
Tinnitus is a common side effect for virtually every dissociative drug.

Ok, my mistake. I've never heard it in my environment, but me and my friends are not using nearly as frequently as many of you seem to be.

To update, I had probably about 50mg of MXE last night while on Sertraline (Zoloft / SSRI - 50mg) and everything was fine.

man, how come the SSRI question was answered but my abilify question was not?

Abilify definately dampens the effects of MXE significantly. By how much, not sure, as further research with this individual has never been tested and won't be again.

I reckon MXE should be used to help fat people get thin. small doses once every few days or something. find my appatite is lower after taking MXE. and also find i have no desire to eat when on MXE. could be very useful for people tryin to lose weight, or with over eating disorders. although then again it could re-bound

I reckon MXE should be used to help fat people get thin. small doses once every few days or something. find my appatite is lower after taking MXE. and also find i have no desire to eat when on MXE. could be very useful for people tryin to lose weight, or with over eating disorders. although then again it could re-bound

IMO the only people that should take MXE are people that have researched it and want to trip on an dissociative research chemical. I know you're just relating your own experience but the diet pills from requiem came to mind pretty quickly after I read that... fat people need to stop eating to get thin, not put an appetite supressing (and extremely potent unresearched) chemical in their bodies a couple times a week.

Last edited:

Im a skinny guy but mxe makes me eat like a horse... food is amazing on mxe... even plain fast food...

Status
Not open for further replies.