View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine (MXE) Thread - Chapter 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody here use piracetam, aniracetam or other nootropics to stay sharp after taking the MXE?
I mean for example the day after or so.

I think its pretty clear that frequent use of MXE should impair you memory for example and you could maybe use the nootropics, especially racetams to reverse that effect. The racetams are essentially doing the opposite of the dissociation.

One thing that I noticed with a combination of aniracetam and MXE was that it did not exactly reverse what the MXE did.
Some aspects of the MXE where boosted instead, there is this paradox effect that happens also with racetams and drinking on one hand you get some more clarity and on the other hand you will get drunk with fewer drinks.
So there seems to be kind of a trade off: more clarity but also I guess due to more blood flow to the brain some aspects of a drug might still be boosted. (Or because of other unknown mechanisms)

I was kind of freaked out when I took some MXE (really low dose, my tolerance is low too) after taking aniracetam a few hours prior and it seemed to be stronger than it should at first.
When I looked into the mirror my pupils where dilated which points to serotonin release.
Anyways I could calm down and then everything was fine but still I didnt expect it to be stronger I rather expected it to work not as good or not at all.

For the last week I started using a premade nootropic stack which contains the following:
Aniracetam 800 mg
Centrophenoxine 300 mg
Pyritinol 250 mg
Picamilon 100 mg
CDP Choline 150 mg
Oxiracetam 50 mg
Idebenone 30 mg
Vinpocetine 10 mg
Galantamine 400 mcg
Huperzine A 50 mcg

For me it had absolutely amazing synergy with the MXE. It negated the dumb feeling you get from MXE, unable to understand concepts or focus when studying. Your vision is very much improved too, everything is smooth and has this glow to it. I am very functional on it, going to social events, doing work, etc. You do have to be very careful with the dosage, there were one or two points where I had this intense uncomfortable feeling in my head where it felt like my brain was being overloaded with chemicals, which lasted about 10-15 minutes or so, but after that it was all fine. However, over my 6 months of frequent MXE use, with the last two months being almost daily, my tolerance is at a ridiculous level, taking 150mg doses in the morning and bumping 50-70mg 2-3 times a day, so I can be pretty wreckless with dosing, frequently dosing too much. Just experiment to get that perfect dosage.

I have this fear that due to the extraordinary sense of happiness and motivation I get from mxe (and recently by combining it with nootropics and a good diet), which I am not even sure is possible in a sober state, that I will never be happy or motivated without it. And if I do get close to being happy sober and finding motivation, that I will always be thinking "hmm, it could be easier" and be yearning for more mxe. So for those people who went sober after daily mxe use, is this fear of mine reasonable? Or do you eventually just forgot about mxe. How long does it take to return to normal

Fear not this brave new world! It is true there is no returning to the old world whence you came, for these grooves in time are carved in stone, and the relentless battering waves of ever-changing electro-chemical energy in your brain will undoubtedly continue to etch new recursions for as long as your system breathes. In turn, it is the turning that leaves your composure unsettled, but I can assure you as sure as the world keeps turning, for I have stood at the very juncture from which you now speak, as long as you remain pure of heart and clear in sight, your spirit's cup will be refilled, and both sides of your world will be seen with light.

Unarbol, sorry that last response was written off my tits on MXE, but basically what I was saying is that you'll be fine, man. I felt the same way as you at one point and have since found a balance in sobriety while still being able to use MXE on occasion to great success. I used to feel psychologically dependant on it because I was using too often. Take what you learn from your journeys under the influence, and if you apply it to the sober side of your life you will find happiness there too. BTW that is a huge nootropic stack man! Keep using that as long as you feel it works but my guess is that you should reduce the amounts and times in which you use MXE because it seems that for the vast majority of people continued use leads to diminishing returns, but everyone has their own balance point.

Last edited:
So this is only my 3rd experience with MXE (first time 25mg oral - 2nd time 25mg nasal every hour over 3 hours [75mg] total). I insufflated 25mg about 90min ago and I'm very surprised how hard it's hitting compared to last time.

Hey I'm just curious if anyone has tried reduction/prevention of amphetamine/stimulant tolerance using MXE? I know from experience that this works with DXM and that research shows that NMDA agonists in general at least can prevent tolerance. However since MXE is a DRI I'm thinking it might actually cause cross-tolerance with dopiminergic drugs. Any thoughts?

For me it had absolutely amazing synergy with the MXE. It negated the dumb feeling you get from MXE, unable to understand concepts or focus when studying. Your vision is very much improved too, everything is smooth and has this glow to it. I am very functional on it, going to social events, doing work, etc. You do have to be very careful with the dosage, there were one or two points where I had this intense uncomfortable feeling in my head where it felt like my brain was being overloaded with chemicals, which lasted about 10-15 minutes or so, but after that it was all fine.
So you combine this to get the "magic" back because you have a tolerance or do you want to protect yourself somehow against the MXE and what it might do to your memory/learning capabilities?
Are you just generally on the stack or just for potentiation?
I find that some of the nootropics alone can make it more fun to go to social events and so on, for example the aniracetam in the stack can be anxiolythic on its own and then Id just combine it with something that gives a little mood lift like sulbutiamine or so.

and i also tried out etizolam on the tail-end experience. I did because i wanted to sleep because of work next day. (i dosed mxe late at night)

It was surprising quite nice. but i wont want to repeat it at all, because who knows if it's safe. I like mxe on its own, or with weed . Weird even,, the mxe dulls the etiz, and the etiz dulls the mxe, but in a strange way. It then feels like something else, maybe like a 'king benzo' that hits you. but yet you feel less of the mxe/etiz. Like a completely new kind of potent/sedated benzo, I then smoked weed ~heavy fun.
Yes I find that combo very nice and the sum is better than both of its parts so to speak.
I need less of both and I get a better high than both substances are able to give me.
Etizolam is not a high in that sense and low dose MXE is kind of boring to me too.
So 1mg of etiz and 10mg of MXE is a perfect "I dont give a fuck" combo that is slightly euphoric.

I have this fear that due to the extraordinary sense of happiness and motivation I get from mxe (and recently by combining it with nootropics and a good diet), which I am not even sure is possible in a sober state, that I will never be happy or motivated without it.

Dwelling on it won't help, but I think that's actually sensible apprehension you have and quite a realistic concern.

When I discovered MXE about three years back and got into it big time, I was utterly blown away and believed it was The Perfect Drug. I still have that level of respect for it now. As someone who'd struggled with opiate, benzo, alcohol, and amphetamine abuse before I couldn't believe how much MXE delivered without producing side effects. I mean, compared to the shit I'd done before, there were NO side effects even worth mentioning. No hangover -- a reverse hangover! I could not believe it! No withdrawals, even after prolonged binges. Winning!

But it's the fact that it had everything going for it that ended up eventually making it every bit as compulsive and addictive as all the other drugs I'd taken, and eventually I ran into problems caused as a result of excessive use of MXE.

Then I cleaned up and got back to very occasional use. But what you describe as your fear is exactly what I've been left with. Simply, I like life with MXE better. Not being on it and abusing it all the time, but using it now and then. One moderate dose results in a good experience, and then 24 - 48 hours of improved mood.

Ironic: I found a drug that's too perfect for me and the result is a constant battle to find reason NOT to use it all the time.

<I found the reason though - chronic abuse leads to serious mental issues - and have to remind myself of that when the cravings come>

did 65mg over ~7 hours or so with 13ishmg caps dose at a house-party. snorted extra on top. swallowed and subly method mostly. I think when the 4th oral cap peaked, got to a point where i thought it wouldn't get stronger but it did. 5th cap just pro-longed the effects, probably because i dosed too late.

the house-party was insane. heaps of good people, massive sized house with heaps of cool things to check out;balconies, roofs, views and people high as fuck on whatever shit all having a good time. i think mxe is a fairly awesome social drug. I had about the same inhibitions(low) as a super-drunk person without the major alcohol side-effects.

I was on the verge of m-hole at points. I was having deep, in-depth conversations with some others including girls that were 10s. some emo girls too. we all just spoke what was on our minds. i was feeling so stoned/drunk that i was starting to trip at a point during a conversation. haha

for someone with lowish tolerance i can now see why people dose so high. I normally do 30mg over the night.

I tried 10mg plugged once, maybe i'll try it again, but i just really felt quicker on-set, and more dissociative feeling(not much extra euphoria).

I think plugging 25mg at home might sound fun.

Did I ever tell you guys about my IV overdose. I started screaming and trashing my room saying that "i was god". i scared the shit out of my roommates (non drug users). I was under the impression that I was just finding out that i was basically modern day jesis…still my own self..but suddenly realizing that i was the savior of humanity and had all the solutions the the worlds suffering and pain…

as the dose came on i was overwhelmed with visuals and imagery. like a rainbow colored "life flashing before my eyes" sort of experience

this is akin to those ppl on pcp overdosing and eating faces and running down the street naked while screaming…i lost total control. IV mxe is just a whole nother drug compared to other ROAs….a DMT/nuclear bomb of hallucinogens of sorts but a whole different flavor…much more chaotic and busy in my opinion

Hey I'm just curious if anyone has tried reduction/prevention of amphetamine/stimulant tolerance using MXE? I know from experience that this works with DXM and that research shows that NMDA agonists in general at least can prevent tolerance. However since MXE is a DRI I'm thinking it might actually cause cross-tolerance with dopiminergic drugs. Any thoughts?

if you u are using mxe (sub threshoould) or afterglow…and then you take amp…you will feel like you did the cleanest speed ever. in other words it drastically decreases amp tolerance (while you are high on mxe)

Definitely need to be careful with MXE. It feels so benign in low doses... but gets fucking INSANE once you start to push that. Luckily I'm one of those people who can cherish a chaotic, confused high.. I think all experiences have something to teach us, it's just about looking for the lesson.

[h=3]Hey, I was searching the internet and found an abstract of this study I thought might be of interest to people here:

Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24580056

"Three months of methoxetamine administration is associated with significant bladder and renal toxicity in mice."

Abstract
[/h]Abstract Context. Methoxetamine is a ketamine analogue that has recently emerged as a novel psychoactive substance. Chronic ketamine use is associated with significant bladder and renal toxicity. Methoxetamine has been marketed as "bladder friendly", but there is no data to be able to substantiate this claim. Objective. To characterise the patterns of bladder and renal toxicity associated with 3 months of methoxetamine administration in an animal model. Materials and methods. Two-month-old Institute of Cancer Research mice were administered 30 mg/kg methoxetamine intraperitoneally (n = 5) or saline (n = 3 control) for 3 months. The animals were then sacrificed and histological examination, immuno-cytochemistry using polyclonal anti-CD4 antibodies and sirius-red staining for collagen were performed. Results. The kidneys of methoxetamine-treated animals showed inflammatory cell infiltration, tubular cell necrosis and glomerular damage (1.9 ± 0.3% shrunken glomeruli in control, 9.8 ± 0.8% in methoxetamine-treated mice (p < 0.0001); 2.9 ± 0.3% tubular cell degeneration in control, 20.4 ± 1.1% in methoxetamine-treated mice (p < 0.0001)). There was a greater density of mononuclear cells in the bladder lamina propria and submucosa in methoxetamine-treated mice (43.0 ± 2.1 per 250 × 250 μm) than controls (7.1 ± 1.2 per 250 × 250 μm), p < 0.001. CD4-positive staining was seen in the bladder submucosa and lamina propria of all methoxetamine-treated mice and muscle-layer of two methoxetamine-treated mice; these changes were not seen in the control mice. There was an increase in sirius-red collagen in the bladder sub-mucosa and muscle-layer in the methoxetamine-treated mice compared with control mice. Discussion. This study has shown that 3 months of daily 30 mg/kg intra-peritoneal methoxetamine results in significant bladder and renal toxicity in mice. Changes in the bladder included inflammatory changes with subsequent fibrosis and changes in the kidney were seen at both a tubular and glomerular level. These changes are similar to those seen in comparable animal models of chronic ketamine administration. Further work is required to determine the time course of the onset of these effects and whether the effects are reversible with methoxetamine cessation.

Im no scientist but who injects 30mg/kg? I'm surprised they all just didn't overdose. I'm roughly 90kg (200lbs) and unless my math sucks that's nearly 3grams of MXE to be injected daily!!! How is that comparable to recreational MXE use in humans?

Yeah that is an obscene dosage, I think I remember reading that mice metabolize drugs more quickly than humans, but regardless it is huge. I think they were mostly just trying to determine if it was possible that MXE could cause bladder/kidney damage and so used extreme dosages to exaggerate the effect to make sure it is observable. The last sentence says they suggested more research for how quickly the toxicity occurs and whether the damage is reversible after stopping use.

Everything will fuck you up when you take 300% the recommended dosage every day. Christ, you can die from drinking too much water!

Yeah that was my immediate response too- for my weight that is equivelant to injecting 2 grams every day for three months straight. No person has come close to using that amount (yet). Just the fact that none of the mice died or had more serious problems is a testament to MXE's safety profile and therapeutic index that is higher than many drugs that are currently FDA approved and being prescribed regularly.
Thanks for posting this research. It is strong evidence in defense of what many have been speculating- a similar safety profile to ketamine milligram for milligram. It is pretty safe to say at this point it essentially has a better safety profile than ketamine because of the 3-5x increased potency AND duration.

Last edited:
Yeah that was my immediate response too- for my weight that is equivelant to injecting 2 grams every day for three months straight. No person has come close to using that amount (yet). Just the fact that none of the mice died or had more serious problems is a testament to MXE's safety profile and therapeutic index that is higher than many drugs that are currently FDA approved and being prescribed regularly.
I agree, this study actually made feel better about MXE's safety profile. I average 1 - 100mg trip per month. I think my bladder will be just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.