View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok as a short follow up to the above post, zero crash, zero hangover the day after. Swim can easily imagine that this stuff could be dosed into the hundreds of mgs with negligible side effects. Someone mentioned earlier that they thought that people totally underdosed this as well as 2c c, that seems quite possible. Swim's opinion on mdai currently is that it's not insightful in any way, and not a mindblower at the dose swim tried so far, but a great 'week day' supplement, something that can be taken in the evening to just feel good, and be in acceptable shape the day after. Swim will try continue trying progressively higher doses. Swim also ordered a scale :).

The swim thing isnt allowed here by the way, it also wont help you in any way either.;)

Welcome. We try not to go swimming much on here. You should think of the acronym as signifying, "Someone who is me".

Anyway, guise, given the relative lack of research, it would probably be prudent to avoid regiments more intensive than one would undertake with MDMA. Subjective experience does not indicate much about neurotoxicity. eg, I hear that 4-idio-amphetamine feels great until it wears off. :)
I've asked elsewhere, but do we know much (anything?) about 2AI's neuropharmacology?

ebola

Welcome. We try not to go swimming much on here. You should think of the acronym as signifying, "Someone who is me".

Anyway, guise, given the relative lack of research, it would probably be prudent to avoid regiments more intensive than one would undertake with MDMA. Subjective experience does not indicate much about neurotoxicity. eg, I hear that 4-idio-amphetamine feels great until it wears off. :)
I've asked elsewhere, but do we know much (anything?) about 2AI's neuropharmacology?

ebola

The biggest risk would be serotonin depletion and serotonin receptor downregulation, altough i beleive this can be prevented with keeping the doses as low as possible. MDAI isnt a neurotoxin so that wont be an issue.

'The biggest risk would be serotonin depletion and serotonin receptor downregulation' -MeDieViL.

Hello reality.

'The biggest risk would be serotonin depletion and serotonin receptor downregulation' -MeDieViL.

Hello reality.

Noone knows how big of an issue that would be with low doses;) I'd have to see myself wheter tolerance would build rapidly.

I don't think it's an issue of tolerance, I think it's an issue of our brain's wiring and the natural flow of said chemical in addition to our human instinct to never be content.

Let it be known...

My curiousity got the best of me and, 3 days later, a total of 1g of MDAI was consumed. That was not a particularly good idea.

At this point, I am not surprised at all that I am experiencing a crash. However, it is STILL much, much friendlier than MDA, MDMA, MDPV, or Methylone.

What does worry me is that today (that's 2 days since the last dose), I am experiencing occasional "brain zaps", which I hear is an effect experienced by many who use MDMA over several days.

The state of mind I am in, although basically negative, is nevertheless very interesting. It is a state that I can only describe as "emotional volatility" and/or "hyper-empathy" (which is ironic to say the least). That is, I can cry at the smallest cue. I cried buckets yesterday over the silliest of reasons. Luckily, I've found a tiny bit of Oxycodone (a grand total of 40mg!) and I can use it if things get too bad. I had already used 20mg yesterday.

But all is not bad.

This morning, when I suddenly woke up at 7, I was in an extremely interesting mindset that I had experienced maybe once or twice on low doses of Ketamine. It is a state in which all memories are recalled as though they are childhood memories.

I thought a lot about Tokyo and getting back on the road (or rail) soon...

I am debating weather or not to get more of this. See, I would not call it addictive - it is just a very, very curious little creature that I was simply unable to control my curiosity, especially given the circumstance of working in idle-mode for the weekend (as a security guard).

Very interesting, but I do hope I get back to normal soon...

a handsome man said:

ebola

I believe it is dopaminergic one way or the other...

I remember reading that it was pretty harmless.

It seems difficult to find on pubmed... any ideas on what name to use when searching for it? I used "2-Aminoindane"

Btw, my sample was very interesting-looking, it had a distinctive bright-yellow colour.

Jamshyd, what size doses did you take, was it constantly through the day or large does here n there? n did you notice any effects change through out the weekend? i also felt a little emotional volatility after that was with less than 300mgs tho. You must be feeling pretty bad i feel for you.

Just a little side note from my past journeys with Mdai, 150 - 190 mg you see the potentiation of sedating effects, however at doses of 200 - 220 (these are what I have experimented with) there is a distinct stimulant property to the Mdai - all of these have been with the base version of MDAI

Jamshyd - hope you are feeling better and did you say a yellow sample of MDAI ?

Theoretical question , would utilizing a herbal supplement as an mao inhibitor work? Thinking a dose of theobromine mdai and st johns wort or kava . Any thoughts ?

I don't think it's an issue of tolerance, I think it's an issue of our brain's wiring and the natural flow of said chemical in addition to our human instinct to never be content.

There's some truth to that.

Regardless of how we achieve it, bliss becomes less and less meaningful the farther from adversity we run.

Philosophically, I'm glad we operate under this kind of system.

There's an exhaustive spectrum of feelings we have access to, and each of these unique sensations (enthusiasm, passion, fear, fatigue, despair, etc.) is capable of being far more interesting than satisfaction is on it own. Especially when recalled later on as memories.

Variety's the spice of life, and all that %)

-

Which is why I was touting that "pendulum routine" of sorts earlier. Equal time spent on both polar extremes:

Ambition vs. Leisure.

And if you're spending your time on MDAI/whatever doing things like social interaction and book-reading, then you're already getting enough hills and valleys in your emotional spectrum that you can't really call the experience an "exercise in euphoric monotony". But it still merits a break every now and then (think: pendulums).

It's not a strong enough substance to rob you of your ability to feel the full range emotions while on it. Plus you keep your wits about you. You maintain basically all of your normal functionality, but with just a little sparkle/wonder/etc that makes it easier to get the most out of whatever it is you're doing.

That's what makes it unique.

Reminds a little bit of what it was like to experience life with a child's sense of wonder, but without the tantrums and pettiness ;)

Last edited:
Theoretical question , would utilizing a herbal supplement as an mao inhibitor work? Thinking a dose of theobromine mdai and st johns wort or kava . Any thoughts ?

I often boost/color the experience a little with Rhodiola Rosea (often thought of as a weak MAOI, but it's not) and Theobromine (via "Chocamine", a substance-laden extract of the Cocoa plant).

The cocoa plant extract makes the most difference. Especially if you're currently on L-Deprenyl (which I stopped taking recently), as the stuff is coated with Phenethylamine. And we all know what inhibiting mao-b does...

In my book, Chocamine mixes well with everything :)

i m8:s, i feel like i really have to share my experiences with MDAI with you all.

Imo this drug is only great in greater doses, 250 would be minimum.

Last weekend we where 5 guys that bombed 330 mg, some of us combined it with a some speed,

All of us was completely wasted for like 4 hours at least.

The euphoria was definatly there. combined with some speed this is just amazing.

As i said all of us was very wasted, bad balance, the eyes where rolling hard and the eye focusing was like strobolike.

Colours was enhanced indeed and the classic things moving left strings after it.

The jaws went like crazy.

With a little speed added you dont get tired.

The amazing thing is that none! of us had a bad comedown at all.

Me and 2 other guys reported that they was even happier the next day after sleeping like babies.

If you guys are after more MDMA like effect try at least 250 mg. 330 mg was maybe little to much but it was great indeed, pretty trippy i would say :)

The powder had a lightbrown colour.

EDIT: forgot to mention that some beers was taken as well.

sorry for my bad english m8:s

Best regards!

Last edited:
The biggest risk would be serotonin depletion and serotonin receptor downregulation, altough i beleive this can be prevented with keeping the doses as low as possible. MDAI isnt a neurotoxin so that wont be an issue.

Yeah, this is my best guess too, but I keeps it empirical, ya herd? ;)

Doesn't this mechanism (well...something similar) underlie most accrual of tolerance? ;)

however at doses of 200 - 220 (these are what I have experimented with) there is a distinct stimulant property to the Mdai - all of these have been with the base version of MDAI

mmm...wonder why this might be? Could it just be (unexpectedly), strong fX making things more interesting?

ebola

If you guys are after more MDMA like effect try at least 250 mg. 330 mg was maybe little to much but it was great indeed, pretty trippy i would say

New hypothesis...inhibition of maob potentiates MDAI sufficiently to magnify SOME effect that well-complements 5ht efflux.

Koalakoala; Please don't use SWIM. It makes your post hard to read, doesn't protect you and generally drives everyone nuts. ;)

I smoked the illegal plant known as marijuana last night. ;)

I apologise for the swimming. I haven't posted here in a while but I thought that it would be useful if I shared my impressions considering the relative obscurity of this compound. So after taking this stuff two days in a row (low doses as mentioned before) I did feel some after effects this morning. I find it hard to describe it, it wasn't a crash, I didn't feel depressed, but my brain seemed to be somewhat slower than normal if that makes sense. It's probably a less intense variant of what Jamshyd called brain zaps. I wouldn't call MDAI a nootropic though from my experience, at least not when taken frequently.

i encourage people to start very low on this material im finding it highly therapeutic at doses around 10mg (im on selegiline though) 80mg was massive overkill even for a 'roll' at 10mg it has just enough push to clam me down stop me from getting caught in negative thought loops and get to work.

I on the other hand find 120mg to be too little and have been told 300mg is a nice dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.