View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can now attest to the fact that MPH+MDAI is more euphoric and MDMAmimetic than MDAI alone. its really astonishing how little material i used last night and how strong of an effect it had. 15mg MDAI (10mg+5mg booster) with 10mg MPH, 5mg selegiline and a few tokes of JWH-073 had me smiling and laughing and feeling the most wonderful tactile enhancement for hours and hours with no comedown, the girl i was with was extremely excited (she took 80mg) MDAI does not seem to inhibit female sexual arousal in the slightest;)

did she take MPH as well, or only MDAI ?

Just popping in here to report my experiences with MDAI.

I've done it 6 or 7 times now, each dose ranging from 100-250mg. My preferred ROA is plugging it, and insufflation is quite painful and not recommended at all (at least with the HCl salt, YMMV w/ freebase).

I quite like the drug, it gives me a very clean sense of energy that I don't get from any other chemical. It feels like the energy is coming from my veins, my limbs, and not from my head or heart like most amphetamine-type stimulants do. It is quite empathogenic, but not nearly as strong as, say, butylone.

Combining it with a ~300-400mg dose of mephedrone (plugged) is now one of my favorite drug combinations. Quite a lot of energy, euphoria and love.

I still get quite a pleasant effect despite being on an SSRI (citalopram), which was a nice surprise. I don't get anywhere near "rolling" but I still have a blast.

MDAI is a wonderful chemical but i think its nonneurotixicty has lead people (like myself) who are too neurotic to use MDMA to dose MDAI with a bit of hubris. neurotoxic or not MDAI is still a potent 5HT releaser and must be treated as such, i think overuse can lead to emotional instability and or depression. i wish those who are experimenting with daily or weekly low dose use as an antidepressant/anxiety medication the best of luck and i hope the MDAI experience turns out to be a sustainably therapeutic one, BUT i think for all 5HT releasers (neurotoxic or not) one should follow the Ann Shulgin rule "no more than once a season!"

i may be unfair in saying this (i have been felling rather depressed/tired lately) and maybe i will change my mind, but for now i think people should treat this one with a little more caution even if it does not cause classic MDMA type neurotoxic effects.

^ I totally agree, and it is in fact for this reason that I decided against obtaining more.

Isn't the general advice for MDMA to wait at least 4 weeks between experiences?

I'd assume the same would be true for all serotonin releasers..

^ The best rule, IMO, is Ann's rule as mentioned above: Once per season, so a max. of 4 times per year.

I do not for one minute deny that what I did was utterly irresponsible and stupid, have suffered its consequences, and have no plans of doing it again.

Why is it that, serotonin releasers like MDAI or others work like an "instant anti-depressant" but SSRI's take weeks/months? I thought it was because some receptors needed to down regulate with SSRI's but why do releasers work immediately?

Why is it that, serotonin releasers like MDAI or others work like an "instant anti-depressant" but SSRI's take weeks/months? I thought it was because some receptors needed to down regulate with SSRI's but why do releasers work immediately?

The antidepressant effect of SSRI's has been associated with downregulation of the 5HT1A autoreceptors (they measure the ammount of serotonin and decrease it) SSRI's also cause whorsening of the symptons the first few weeks due to 5HT2C agonism.

MDAI bypasses the autoreceptors by reversing SERT.

Could you guys tell me what mdai looks like? Is it light brown and powdery? Anyone had any that is crystally like mdma? Is it ever white?

Pics would be nice.

The stuff i get is a light brown, with a root-beer-y taste/smell. Supplier (reputable) claims 99.7% purity. I think it's brown even pure.

The HCl dissolves in water, but not very well. It dissolves better in ethanol.

The freebase is probably not water soluble.

Does anyone know why the freebase has replaced the salt on the market?

I have two different batches from this vendor. The first batch was HCl and is a tan powder, the 2nd batch is freebase and is distinctly darker, looks like dark potting soil. The 2nd batch was clearly labeled as "freebase" while the first batch had no indication. The freebase is quite pungent.

The freebase is, like I described above, sandy-brown. It's like powdered chocolate milk or, as some people above agreed with me, like certain brands of Heroin. It has a distinctive pharmaceutical odour, but I wouldn't compare it to root-beer.

It dissolves very well in vinegar, I assume forming the acetate salt.

The freebase is, like I described above, sandy-brown. It's like powdered chocolate milk or, as some people above agreed with me, like certain brands of Heroin. It has a distinctive pharmaceutical odour, but I wouldn't compare it to root-beer.

It dissolves very well in vinegar, I assume forming the acetate salt.

Allright thx:)!

And yeah the freebase does look like brown sand, it actually looks healthy lol.

Last edited:
Seems that you were right as it disolved right away in the vinegar:)! I've just taken a 30mg treshold dose to try.

Just popping in here to report my experiences with MDAI.

I've done it 6 or 7 times now, each dose ranging from 100-250mg. My preferred ROA is plugging it, and insufflation is quite painful and not recommended at all (at least with the HCl salt, YMMV w/ freebase).

I quite like the drug, it gives me a very clean sense of energy that I don't get from any other chemical. It feels like the energy is coming from my veins, my limbs, and not from my head or heart like most amphetamine-type stimulants do. It is quite empathogenic, but not nearly as strong as, say, butylone.

Combining it with a ~300-400mg dose of mephedrone (plugged) is now one of my favorite drug combinations. Quite a lot of energy, euphoria and love.

I still get quite a pleasant effect despite being on an SSRI (citalopram), which was a nice surprise. I don't get anywhere near "rolling" but I still have a blast.

Didnt people say not to take mephedrone and MDAI together, earlier in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.