View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiorgasmic? That's usually a function of drugs that are also dopamine agonists.

Dopamine agonists such as? I can't even really get an erection on most dopaminergic drugs, nevermind a second or third.

MDAI has no vasoconstrictive or impotence-inducing properties...

Erection problems from vasoconstrictive dopaminergics are not uncommon, but this has nothing to do with orgasming.

But multiorgasmic on a serotonin-releaser???

Finally, finally 'we' can abandon the dead end of these progressively worse beta-ketone analogues and move on to the future of pharmacology (IMO) (mixing highly specific agents for precise desired fx). :)

word...

and how would one go about storing the freebase vs. the hcl salt? I'd imagine the freebase would degrade more rapidly, should it be refrigerated? Freezer?

^
Yes. I've always been averse to MDMA, MDA, Methylone, and MDPV. However, I didn't mind 2-AI, and now this one is a gem IMO. I would be more than happy to try its analogues, now that I know that its comedown is never as harsh as the older MDx.

I will say that there is a crash, but it can be managed. Not nearly as debilitating as the one from the others.

here's a post regarding the two from the top of the last page

@Sturnam

This link tells the story of someone who used Methylone routinely for a few years (take note, this is not a link about MDAI per se, just one of the other RC entactogens with similar effects but using different receptor affinities).

Here's what he has to say about repeated usage:

My experience with MDAI is that it is indeed weaker than Methylone. But calling the two simply dissimilar would perhaps be more truthful. More than anything, it is an effective antidepressant (with a little erotic aspect to it) that doesn't interfere with cognition.

I've been treating it as a "work hard, play hard" aid and have been splitting my weeks into two halves:

3-4 days in a row: Follow a Nootropic regimen (Alpha-GPC, Fish Oil, "Chocamine", Piracetam, Oxiracetam, Bacopa Monnieri, Huperzine A, L-Deprenyl, and sometimes Rhodiola Rosea), and study harder than ever before in my life. I saved up enough money to keep my rent and bills at bay for a couple months, that I may have the time I need to finish coding an approximative Physics/Chemistry/AI hybrid engine project of mine, built for modern GPGPU massively parallel processors. During these days, I mercilessly push my creativity and concentration to their limits.

3-4 days in a row: Take ~60mg MDAI as a base early in the day. Read a good book, go out and have a good time, watch a favorite show, whatever it takes to enjoy life to its fullest. I find the experience of threshold level MDAI can feel so subtle and non-drug-like, that if you're truly enjoying your hobbies and general life around you, those empathic feelings of peacefulness and tolerance in all things last pretty much the entire day.​

All the while I eat healthy including whey protein, antioxidants, normal levels of multivitamins (not those silly 1000% RDA messes), and sleep fitfully.

Between these two extremes, I've never felt more balanced and capable. Before taking this measure, I had been getting frustrated over the little things in life, and my programming project was therefore running into obstacle after obstacle. Uncertainty and despair at my personal limits had begun taking its toll. I was frequented by thoughts of self-doubt, a decline in motivation and general lack of focus.

After nearly 4 weeks now of this, I've worked my way around every tight spot I had coded myself into with the Physics chunk of the engine, and haven't heard a peep out of those old, obnoxious negative thought-loops we all sometimes fall into.

The only trouble I've had from this regimen is that I end up sleeping 10 hours a day, as by the end of each day from either half of the week I'm completely... completely exhausted. But in a satisfied, self-assured sort of way. And every morning I wake up full of energy, eager and grateful to just be alive.

The time I spend away from MDAI I do not desire taking it in the least.

I think I'll try a month without any MDAI at all now, to see what comes of it. As has been suggested before, a low-low dose of L-Deprenyl (2.5 mg once or twice a week) seems to keep away post-entactogen depression, as I've never experienced any unpleasant after effects.

Then again, I'm usually too busy with work to care by that swing of the pendulum, so perhaps that has more to do with it than anything.

-

If there is any substance I would like to see studied and recognized as a Nootropic or obtain legitimate antidepressant prescribability status, it would have to be MDAI.

I've got a feeling we think on the same level:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the PM earlier, MeDieVil :)

I was writing you back something a little long as I'd never heard of Cerebrolysin before and starting going into neuroscience mode contemplating how it might work as an axon-guiding peptide, but unfortunately us lower-than-dirt "Greenlighters" aren't even allowed to respond to PM's...

So I'll just say the answer to your question is "go right ahead, it's for a good cause".

Dopamine agonists such as? I can't even really get an erection on most dopaminergic drugs, nevermind a second or third.

MDAI has no vasoconstrictive or impotence-inducing properties...

Cabergoline and a number of the compounds used to treat restless leg syndrome.

@ Question regarding 2-AI vs MDAI: They are both "tame", but that's when the comparison ends.

I would go as far as say that 2-AI is actually not very fun. This one is.

Bob: I describe 2-AI a few posts above :).

One thing that's been on my mind about MDAI (aside from wishing it cost less :( )...

It seems like its popularity is only going to rise over the coming months/years, and there's really no telling what's going to come of it.

Will it end up like MMDA did? Get caught up in some "blanket legislation" and become categorized with MDMA (despite an insurmountable functional difference between the two compounds)?

Or will it somehow manage to clear the minefield that is the RC scene, and move on to some accepted medical use in treatment (anti-anxiety, depression, nootropic, etc).

Helping to popularize a substance such as this is a difficult scenario to contemplate.

On the one hand, we of course realize the risk that it could play into the hands of prohibitionists who will use any rise in popularity of a "gray-area" substance as fuel to excuse poorly-reasoned & extreme restrictions.

But on the other hand, MDAI fills a very unique niche. And it could really use some more attention not only from the research community, but also for the sake of those of us who've effectively run the gauntlet of cognitive & social aides, and could benefit substantially from MDAI (this is assuming it is ever rigorously proven to be as safe as initial impressions suggest it is).

Well, being non-neurotoxic I can't see any reason to make it illegal. In the long term it may cause cardiac valve proliferation if used daily.

A lot of the scheduling argument for MDMA was its toxicity.

initially i could have cared less about the analogs and thought MDAI itself was probably nothing but a novelty, but now that everyone (myself included) is so excited about MDAI realizing that its a full fledged dynamic epathogen/entactogen - im getting really curious about the analogs! MDMAI, MMAI, 4-Fl-AI, PMAI, MDEAI there are many possibilities, and one of them may blow (the already great) MDAI out of the water!

The fluoro homologues will probably suck because they won't be selective for the 5HTT. The n-methyl homologue may be a more potent releaser of 5HT from the basicity of the secondary amine (secondary>primary>tertiary). The n-ethyl homologue I would guess would be active and MMAI is a known serotonin releaser. PMAI is something I'd let someone else try because I'm still suspicious of the 4-position methoxylation in amphetamine analogues.

Thanks for the PM earlier, MeDieVil :)

I was writing you back something a little long as I'd never heard of Cerebrolysin before and starting going into neuroscience mode contemplating how it might work as an axon-guiding peptide, but unfortunately us lower-than-dirt "Greenlighters" aren't even allowed to respond to PM's...

So I'll just say the answer to your question is "go right ahead, it's for a good cause".

I think MDAI is the most powerfull antidepressant, anti anxiety agent known to man. Unfortionally the goverment doesnt like things that have abuse potential so it wont ever make it as an antidepressant (look what happened with amineptine). I do not think it will be made illegal tough just like what happened with i beleive was MBDB, the goverment wanted to make it illegal but decided not too.

I made a topic in advanced before and apperantly it probebly wont be a 5HT2B agonist, this not causing any heart damage.

I'm waiting untill i've got memantine and then i'm starting a trial with daily use of MDAI. The increased sleep is interesting tough.
Did you try to sleep less? Would you feel exhausted by sleeping only 8 hours?

Well, being non-neurotoxic I can't see any reason to make it illegal. In the long term it may cause cardiac valve proliferation if used daily.

A lot of the scheduling argument for MDMA was its toxicity.
since when do prohibitionists need a good reasons for prohibition?

Last edited:
as boring as this substance sounded to me at first now im interested in its supposed nootropic and antidepressant effects.

im a sucker for a good antidepressant (amt i love you so <3)

how safe is it to be taking this daily though?

as boring as this substance sounded to me at first now im interested in its supposed nootropic and antidepressant effects.

im a sucker for a good antidepressant (amt i love you so <3)

how safe is it to be taking this daily though?

Its pretty experimental to say the least. Noone can assure you it would be great in the long term, altough i beleive it would<3. I will update everyone once a start experimenting anyway.=D

Last edited:
ok swim got a gram of this stuff a week ago from a *snip* vendor of research chems. Considering the vendor's reputation, swim assumes the substance is what it says on the label and is of good quality. Swim tried a small amount last week, two very short very thin lines to test the waters (swim once ordered stuff from the well-known, lately deceased vendor, and has become *quite* risk-averse), and felt vaguely good for a few hours. The feeling then could have been placebo though. Now swim took (snorted) a slightly larger amount, two thin one-centimeter (sorry swim's in a metric geography) lines. Then after ten minutes, another two lines, a centimeter each, slightly fatter than the first ones. Total quantity roughly the size of half a pea. Swim is aware that swim will be eaten alive on this forum for the 'precise' quantity measurements. If anyone could offer an educated guess as to how much swim might have taken, that might be helpful, swim thinks it's unlikely to have been more than 70mgs. Anyway, as to the effects, swim didn't feel much after the first two lines, then immediately after the second two, swim got that feeling of 'being on something'. Swim listened to music which sounded good (better than normal) and generally feels 'good'. This is interesting especially since swim had a hard day and felt totally exhausted only an hour prior. No sedation is noticed (again this is to be seen in the context of swim being shattered before dosing), swim abstained from dosing this substance before going clubbing on the weekend b/c swim was afraid of becoming sleepy on the dance floor. However, at least at this dosage, that's not a problem apparently, and although no great push is noted, swim could easily imagine dancing. Swim likes this stuff and thinks it would be very constructive in a social setting, this will be explored shortly. Headspace is normal, no psychedelic thoughts or similar (wasn't expected of course). So to conclude, nice stuff, zero side effects so far, no great euphoria, but a jolly good feeling. With the non-neurotoxicity and legality in my jurisdiction, nice indeed. (As a self-reflective aside: Please excuse the lengthy post, it just dawned upon swim that he might be rambling a bit, but this might eo ipso convey some useful info to you :) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

As a i know a regular Ketamine user he may be interested in the mdai + ket combo mentioned earlier.

Anybody know if this is a good idea? Not a chemistry head so have no idea on how the chems work or possible interact.

ok as a short follow up to the above post, zero crash, zero hangover the day after. Swim can easily imagine that this stuff could be dosed into the hundreds of mgs with negligible side effects. Someone mentioned earlier that they thought that people totally underdosed this as well as 2c c, that seems quite possible. Swim's opinion on mdai currently is that it's not insightful in any way, and not a mindblower at the dose swim tried so far, but a great 'week day' supplement, something that can be taken in the evening to just feel good, and be in acceptable shape the day after. Swim will try continue trying progressively higher doses. Swim also ordered a scale :).

Status
Not open for further replies.