• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

It was extremely vivid (but not lucid) dreams. They were more fantastical/magical feeling than my usual dreams and far more solid. In fact for about 12 years prior to the experience I had had a very nearly nonexistent dream life, if I remembered dreams it was like I remembered flashes of them as if I had seen a movie, when waking up. There was no sense of participating in them, it was more like watching them. During ibogaine, I was participating in them in the moment, thinking, making decisions, etc. But I had absolutely no awareness that I was dreaming, it was just my new reality each time. They often had nothing to do with my life, in fact only rarely was I even me. In retrospect I understood how they were representative of me and my situation but at the time I had no remembrance of opiates or taking ibogaine. The dreams were really fantastical and strange for the most part. When I took my follow-up dose 6 days after the flood (much lower but still solid dose), I retained a baseline underlying awareness that I was having dream visions most of the time, but it was the same sort of thing, a series of fantastical vivid dreams. But it was the same as in normal dreams where you might experience things in third person sometimes, or things might suddenly skip ahead but you are seamlessly aware of the whole storyline still.

Interestingly, ever since then I have dreamed differently, my dreams remind me a lot of my ibogaine dreams and are so much more vivid and frequent and I experience them viscerally and am very in-the-moment (but also not lucid).

I have been thinking lately that I want to get some more ibogaine/TA and take a 4 year follow-up dose, not a full flood but a nice visionary dose.

My 'Doc' said I would see the Ibogaine man and that would be the beginning of my trip. I remained aware of my surroundings while lying down on a bed for about 1h and then I heard a frolicking type of noise, and from underneath the bed slid a figure, along the wall like a projection, it slid all the way to the ceiling right on top of me. That's when my 2 and 1/2 day dream started.

5 months after my Ibogaine, I was part of a Theatrical Production team, we had been commissioned the creation of a brand new theater show and the Team needed a Concept/Story. I told the rest of the team about my dream over a coffee and next thing Odyssey was born. It ran at the Theater for 2 and 1/2 years.
That's how real and vivid the dream is and over a few months after the experience you will continue processing what you dreamed in great detail.

Yo....you gotta learn WAY more before you take this stuff. You don't want to be haphazard. I considered myself an "expert" before I took the stuff. This is a REALLY intense experience....you must be fully informed before you take this stuff.

So I am supposed to like wake up, take my last kratom dose, then wait for withdrawal, and take this stuff?

This sounds so crazy and some days I cant wait and other days I'm freaking out. Tester dose first right? Like 50mg of HCl and some TA? How can I tell if I'm having a reaction or the withdrawal from kratom?

edit: and it's going to stop my withdrawal...? Xorkoth, you were like a week into withdrawal weren't you?

That's why I am here :)

Some more questions...

When taking tester dose, what kind of reactions are we looking for?

I could get a monitor for my heart, like a wristband. Anyway, what type of heart rate/blood pressure should one call an ambulance?

A lot of people have a really low heart rate with this, which is strange. I'd think it would be high.

The more I read about this the more I want to go to a clinic; it's stressful reading but I want the ibogaine insight so bad. I suddenly start researching ibogaine after maybe 12 years since ever reading about it, so I figure there is a reason. I keep asking God for signs if I should do it or not. When I asked for this, I saw some piece of -I'm not sure what- on the sidewalk; it looked like a twisted Iboga root. Then we just got a new professor a week ago who is african american for our process safety class. Strange coincidences.

In addition to a "allergy test" you have the option of just trying out a little....just to see how it feels. You are looking inside andnseeimg how your body and mind feel. If memory serves, I took 100mg or so as a tester and it made me feel warm and good. I took the rest hours later.

I believe a gram consumed as microdosages over 30days will result in the same "noribogiane glow" as a flood....just more gradually. If you have the option of a clinic... You probably should! Why not...if its something you can make happen for yourself.

Ps...sounds familiar. Friends as far back as 2004 were offering to get it for me, recommending it. I had first became aware of it in 1992 or so but never had a desire or need. Suddenly in 2013 when I was ready to clean up did a wonderful soul make a dose appear...and then I still took many months to prepare.

Damn, was gonna tell you to go to http://eboka.info which is where I learned it was time...but the site says in limbo.

Last edited:
I somehow managed to get a free EKG today. QT and QTc was 410ms and 419ms, respectively. I think they use Bazett's formula for QTc, but I used all four formulas to make sure.

I was thinking of making a primer for ibogaine treatment. For instance, one section would be cardiac critera like the QT interval, heart rate, and blood pressure limits. Another section would be nutritional info like loading up on chelated electrolytes prior to treatment as well as coconut water prior to and throughout treatment to maintain safe blood pressure, heart rate, and electrolytes. It seems that having atropine and epinephrine on hand might be a good idea, too. Epi pens are over the counter I believe...

That would be handy for sure! I took the "your good" results from my ekg as gospel but having specific info to connect ekg data with safety in using iboga is very warrented. I appreciate in advance your efforts spectra! Bless you.

Superb post... By MGS 4 yrs ago. Wading through a zillion Ibg posts and still in 2013.

After my flood 3 months ago, I was probably the 10% who had absolutely no insight / introspection / reflection / hallucinations , just slept but also had shitty headache during 8 hr experience that was almost stopped due to raised blood pressure, ( thank you diazepam! ) ..., yet still it completely halted my dependence with zilch w/d...and I was the happiest guy in whole of uk ! though Shame after glow has gone now, but hey, at least I am free of opiate now ....will post a bit more later...

Missed this post....

It is obvious to me that I am a 'lucky' one...moreover the experience I got out was all I put in....I was training for a psychedelic experience like that all my life. Nevertheless, where are you getting your numbers from?

Iboga has a far higher success rate than you imply. Sure, the kind of spiritual experience I had that changed my eating habits, changed my outlook in life from pretty shitty to UBER positive, the fact that I have been able to make strangers take notice of the glow in my eye (ok I know how it sounds, but plenty of sober friends and family around me who tell me ibogaine made me a 'better person.' Recent weeks of job hunting and being offered jobs LITERALLY out of the woodwork, me looking at an employer as needing to convince me to work for them....not the other way around....and pulling it off (have had 3 serious job offers this week and I've hardly been trying to even find work).....I know my experience was not A-typical...I get it.

I am not the norm but addicts given ibogaine HAVE BEEN followed up upon years later and for you to say 5-10% success rate....I am going to have to ask you to back that up or I shall accuse you of pulling numbers out of the air. Ibogaine is not *just* effective on 10% of those who seek it out...not assuming they get the 'follow up care' needed.

Last edited:
As usual in the autumn-winter-season, I tend to lean too much towards against dissociatives as is good for me. Light therapy helps me a lot, but living in spring or summer is better than sitting behind a light therapy lamp. Do you think that ibogaine would help me? I'm well versed to psychedelic drugs, of course.

You need to know that I am a diagnosed Asperger autist, and dissociatives are more addictive to me than opioids. Far far more, unfortunately! I'm just spoonfeeding me literally hundrets of nitrous oxide caps and asking myself wheter I should ingest myself 3-MeO-PCP or 5-MAPB (i.e. another drug related to dopamine).

Last edited:
Xorkoth, for someone who has done a flood and has a reasonable level of knowledge about the nuances of iboga's impact on people's experience and its general workings on the body , I have often wondered why your experience is so different , ie superior and fulfilling, than others . But Then I read the following post you made a year ago that I am sure explains it :

"I went a week without opiates, suffered through it, then did ibogaine when I was feeling 75% better already. Of course I still had massive cravings and was an opiate addict at that time. But I feel it really helped me to make the most of ibogaine.

Seldom do people who have opiate addictions allow such prolonged period of w/d before starting a flood. Likewise, those who are no longer addicts or in any form of w/d but try a flood, have less fulfilling experience as yours, as they don't experience the mammoth joy of suddenly becoming 100% w/d and drug free within 2-3 days, which on its own is earth movingly euphoric.

If people were told or genuinely believed ,they must be 7 days drug free before treatment or they could not have the treatment or the treatment would be sub-optimal or substandard , I am guessing 80% would not even bother....

Word up, sir.

Last edited:
Yeah that was a big factor for sure, I was extremely clear-headed and prepared and had sort of been having an experience all week leading up to it, I swear it felt like iboga was reaching out to me as soon as I stopped opiates a week before and decided I was 100% for sure going to do it, I prepared my mind and body during this time and worked myself into a really interesting and primed mental state. At the time I called it my pre-iboga trip. Also I took a good portion of the dose as TA extract which has all the alkaloids of the plant and not just ibogaine, and also I love psychedelics and have tripped tons and tons of times and my brain is probably pretty weird, and it responds exceptionally well to psychedelic experiences compared to most people (lots of addicts are not psychedelic users who take it). I've never been very much like other people. Finally, I think it was just one of those perfect storm/supposed to happen things, just like my first ever psychedelic trip (I took 1.75g of mushrooms expecting patterns and laughter, and instead I had the prototypical breakthrough peak experience and it changed my life, despite being in a lackluster setting with people I didn't know well).

I think people also underestimate the dietary and fasting pre-requisites of a flood and ensuring your liver and body is as in optimal condition as possible to absorb and metabolise the Ibogaine and other constituents in Iboga. The impact of the important CYP2D6 enzyme that metabolises Ibogaine into Noribogaine and foods that either inhibit or potentiate the enzyme is often underestimated and can have massive impact on the experience.

Yeah that too... I ate well for a week leading up to it, and then the day before I ate only fruit, and then the day of, I had fruit juice in the morning and nothing until I came out of it (I took the ibogaine at night).

Also, something I forgot to mention... for some reason iboga seems to be strongest at night. Each night of my experience it got much stronger, and I took it at night. I would highly recommend taking it at night, take it when the sun is going down. For a week after my flood I would get pretty beautiful visuals every night but feel completely normal during the day.

My guess is it's due to circadian rhythm, as the effects of iboga seem related to dreaming, to me.

My first try with ibogaine (actually a mix of TA aka 'total alkaloid' and ibogaine hcl in early 2013)...I had been a month clean and the only other time I got as much from ibogaine or TA or a combo was my April 2015 flood (all TA)...in which I had been clean and free for most of the prior year....certainly clean as wind-driven snow in Wyoming at the time of my flood that year.

I don't know if it is the case that the addicted get "less" satisfying journey as the clean....but my early 2014 flood ( to fix a little lapse...and this time no TA, just ibogaine hcl) occurred at a time of severe withdrawal....and though the drug "worked" in that I came out free of withdrawal....I remember little and basically had no "entheogenic experience" to speak of.

Having had four floods (more or less) with various combos, my feeling is that ibogaine hcl is not very entheogenic. One needs to take the TA for a real visionary experience. However, for medical reasons most practitioners use the pure isolated compound. Here, my theory is that with the (practically) visionary-less pure alkaloid taken in a state of stress, a state of visions is far harder to achieve.

Chris Jenks has done a lot of research into the area of ibogaine, TA, PTA (purified total alkaloid), etc and his work and experience support all of this. He is someone to look up for more information. His work suggests the ibogamine, ibogaline, and one or two other alkaloids modify the effect and are a big part of the entheogenic trip from iboga or its isolates.

Also, something I forgot to mention... for some reason iboga seems to be strongest at night. Each night of my experience it got much stronger, and I took it at night. I would highly recommend taking it at night, take it when the sun is going down. For a week after my flood I would get pretty beautiful visuals every night but feel completely normal during the day.

My guess is it's due to circadian rhythm, as the effects of iboga seem related to dreaming, to me.

It's pretty common knowledge in indigenous circles that the spirit world is closer and more easily accessible at night, and thus, is always the time for ritual. Could be circadian rhythm, but I doubt it from both who I've worked with and my own experiences.

Boy I wish I had a field of iboga I planted a decade ago. I would do marvelous things with it including sharing half at no expense to others.

MGS, thanks for reference to. Chris Jenks , I will look him up.

As we speak I am starting 3 week MD treatment on 2 times a day 300mg root bark. Then once a week, I'll do 300 PTA (precipitated total alkaloid) . However, there is something i need to get a much better understanding of, which is the actual impact of both CYP2d6 potentiators and inhibitors.

some of my usual natural diets, including pomegranate juice, barberry juice, nigella seed (black cumin) are inhibitors meaning the Ibogaine is not metabolised well so stays in Yuit system longer and only some of it is turned in nirobogain.

the opposite is true of say Valerian that potentiates as helps the metabolism.

the question is whether it is actually good to ALSO have CYP2d6 inhibitors that allows the Ibogaine to stay in system , not get metabolised, hence taking benefits of both...

Ps. Massive shame that Eboka suddenly disappeared as it was a devoted site just for Iboga,

Any one know where else one can go to get more info on MD and pharmacology of Iboga. Mindvox any good?