View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a negative creep. I've put you on my ban list (the only person on there) so I don't have to read anymore your crap.

Thank god for that, listening to you was even more sickening than eating an enormous dose of "thiram treated" baby woodrose seeds!

If you think you're going to spread misinformation that morning glory seeds are coated with thiram then I'm going to pick you up on it. There's enough rumours and bullshit around already.

I NEES SOMEBODY TO HELP ME OUT...I have had countless times with lsa,and I know what to expect,even from high dose trips.
But I have 12 seeds left,and I want to know if I can make a sort of tincture,but it will probabaly be used all at once.
So,I have 12 hbw seeds;100% peppermint essential oil,an amber eyedropper bottle(one is 1oz,and I also have a smaller ~10mL bottle..and of course water....so I was thinking..
Do a water extract,take the extract and add a few drops of peppermint oil in it,and store in the eyedropper bottle.

Does this make sense?I know the uncertainty of making 'LSH",but the oil has alcohol so I figured it wud aid in extraction,And i really dnt care if it produces LSH or not.I just dont wana destroy my LSA.
I also want a small amount of the final product,so it can fit in the eyedropper bottle.My plan is to use it sublingually to try and avoid nausea

ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

I NEES SOMEBODY TO HELP ME OUT...I have had countless times with lsa,and I know what to expect,even from high dose trips.
But I have 12 seeds left,and I want to know if I can make a sort of tincture,but it will probabaly be used all at once.
So,I have 12 hbw seeds;100% peppermint essential oil,an amber eyedropper bottle(one is 1oz,and I also have a smaller ~10mL bottle..and of course water....so I was thinking..
Do a water extract,take the extract and add a few drops of peppermint oil in it,and store in the eyedropper bottle.

Does this make sense?I know the uncertainty of making 'LSH",but the oil has alcohol so I figured it wud aid in extraction,And i really dnt care if it produces LSH or not.I just dont wana destroy my LSA.
I also want a small amount of the final product,so it can fit in the eyedropper bottle.My plan is to use it sublingually to try and avoid nausea

ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

That all sounds POTENTIALLY complicated and mathematic and such... But if people are trying to just dose oneself, a simple water bottle, coffee grinder, and a fridge will suffice :O

Take the amount of seeds you want, grind them up in a coffee grinder, put those in a 80% full water bottle, put the bottle in fridge for 12-24 hours (More couldn't hurt I'd think). Shaking the water bottle ever 4-6 hours would probably be a good thing if possible.
Take that product out of the fridge, give it a good shake, and pour it through a coffee filter into a large cup. Be sure to be careful when getting the final drops out that the filter doesn't tear.

It really makes AFOAF avoid ~80%+ of the nausea.

If not, as quoted by "http://www.lycaeum.org/nepenthes/Extraction/extract2.html"

"LSA Extraction

The method is very simple, requires nothing you can't buy easily and legally, and it's not very expensive. There are refinements galore to this, and I might try them in order to purify this stuff, but the chemicals aren't as available, and it requires things like pH paper, which I don't know how to get. Maybe I can get some anyway. I'll see.

First of all, you need either (a) a lot of morning glory seeds or (b) some hawiian baby woodrose seeds. You also need petroleum ether, which is a petroleum refining byproduct, and some high proof drinkable ethanol.

I'll explain the theory as I understand it so that you can understand the flexability in this recipe.

There are two kinds of solvents, polar and nonpolar. Generally, the good stuff in seeds is polar soluable, and the bad stuff is nonpolar soluable.

So the idea is to first make a nonpolar solution, which of course means that you take a nonpolar solvent and soak the ground up seeds in it. The result is a solution of garbage from the seeds and the nonpolar solvent. Petroleum is a nonpolar solvent, so it will function in this capacity. The down side is that petroleum is poisonous, so you don't want to drink it. The good news is that petroleum is extremely volatile, so it evaporates quickly and cleanly. So the first stage is to soak the ground up seeds in petroleum ether for a few days, and then filter the resulting cloudy solution through some coffee filters, throw away the solution, and keep the seed mush. The seed mush consists of nondisolved LSA's, fiber, and the remaining solution that didn't drip through the filter. This part can be iterated to get more and more garbage out of the mush. The final time, let the seed mush dry thoroughly so that the petroleum evaporates so that you don't have any poison in there.

After the seed mush dries, the nest stage is to make a polar solution, which separates the alkaloids (the LSA) from the fiber of the seeds. This is done with alcohol. There are other polar solvents, but again, the key is to have one which easily evaporates, one which will not destroy the LSA's, and one which is not poisonous. Ethanol serves this purpose. Methanol will also work, but methanol causes blindness, so if you use methanol, make damn sure it's all evaporated before consuming the product. In some states ethanol is illegal, and California is such a state. In that case, using methanol is probably the way to go. Also keep in mind that there is such thing as denatured ethanol, which is ethanol which has been intentionally poisoned so that it is undrinkable. The reason for doing this is that drinkable ethanol is taxable under the Tobacco Alcohol and Firearms people, and denatured ethanol has uses in chemistry and cleaning. The point is that you should under no circumstances use denatured ethanol because it will make you sick or kill you or cause cancer or all three. So, make an alcohol solution of the seeds. Then filter the solution through filter paper, like before, except this time keep the liquid in a jar. Repeat this step 3 or 4 times, always keeping the liquid. When you've exhausted the seeds, throw them away. The liquid you have should be yellow and smelly. Put this in a shallow flat tray or pan or large bowl, and let it evaporate in a dark dry place for a day or two, or until there is no liquid. The pan should have a yellowish scum residue. That's the LSA gunk. Scrape that up with a razor blade or credit card or whatever works. It'll be sticky and gummy, and once it's all scraped up it will look dark brown.

That's pretty much all there is to it. You can take this several steps further to get a more pure product. That would be to alternately make an acid solution and base salts from the LSA's, which would eventually leave you with a very pure white powder. This requires much more effort, and wastes some of the product, and the only reason for doing it would be to remove more garbage, but the amount of garbage left in the brown gunk is insignificant.

Once you have this stuff as pure as you want it, you can ingest it in your favorite form. You can either swallow it as a lump, put it into a gelatin capsule, drink the ethanol solution, or dissolve it in some cool-aid. I recommend either capsules or swallow the lump if you can handle the taste.

Other notes: Petroleum ether is in Naptha, which is available in hardware stores. That's what I've used, and it works fine. [However, see this warning about Naptha] Other petroleum solvents would work like ethyl ether, which evaporates much more easily and is a better solvent, and something like gasoline, which has additives and does not evaporate as cleanly as naptha. If you can get petroleum ether from a chemical supplier, try it instead of naptha. A rule of thumb is that after making a solution with the nonpolar solvent, and after it dries, it should smell absolutely nothing at all like petroleum, or whatever solvent you used. If you use gasoline, you'll notice a strong gasoline smell, which means you're screwed. I know first hand from repeated experience that naptha works. Also, read the labels of whatever solvent you use. Make sure it contains no benzene. Benzene is the most evil carcinogen known, and even in trace amounts it can cause cancer. There is no safe amount of benzene. On the other hand benzene is everywhere, and if some chemical engineer points out to you that there is benzene in naptha even if it's not on the label keep in mind that there is an enormous amount of benzene in automobile exhaust. You're going to die anyway. If there is no mention of carcinogens or benzene on the label of the naptha, then there isn't enough such that you should not use it.

The finer details of this recipe I can give you another time, but I just wanted to give you some theory and a general idea of what the procedure is. I can give you some things I have from off the net pertaining to this.

Subject: Re: Extracting LSA from HBWR
Concerning the extraction and purification of LSA from HBWR, The alkaloids are more polar than e.g. DMT or mescaline, and are probably water soluble to some extent. Thus, while a crude extraction can be performed with methanol, the next stage of purification may not be very good. Thus the general extraction method for alkaloids is quite possibly not applicable here. That is why I want to have a look at exactly what the original method was, although the journal seems obscure to say the least. Another day in the Chem Abs section, I fear.

Subject: Re: LSA
>Yup. In a nutshell, you mix the HWBR powder in a nonpolar solvent, keep the
>resultant gunk(I) and throw away the solution. Then dissolve the gunk(I)
>into a polar solvent, throw away the new gunk(II) and evaporate the solution.
>The final gunk (III) that comes out of the solution has LSA in it.
>
> gunk(I) = gunk(II) + gunk(III)
> gunk(III) is the good stuff
> gunk(II) is not
> gunk(I+III) are therefore kept
>
>nonpolar solvent = petroleum ether
>polar solvent = alcohol (methanol is better, but is a smidgin poisinous
> so you've got to be damn sure its all evaporated).
>
>I don't have time to give a more detailed explanation than that right
>now.

For the layman: nonpolar solvent also = Zippo lighter fluid."

Hope that helps :)

First thread, first trip (hopefully) morning glory or LSA

Hey blue lighters, my first thread on here other then the introduction.
For many years now I have been interested into psychedelics, wondering what it would be like to enter another world which is what I hope for but I am very anxiouse about at this stage as I have never tried anything of the sort before.

So before I try anything overly strong I decided to finally order some legal highs from a website called morning glory seeds containing LSA. I have read extensively into extraction techniques and trip reports and they seem very hit and miss, how ever I am excited about trying them.

I will be writing back on this thread in the near future to report on my experience.

I was wondering if any experienced user would like to give me their experiences with these seeds and also their extraction methods as there is no such thing as too much information.

If you can get some LSD or mushrooms I would suggest trying them first. The body load and nature of an LSA trip might turn you off psychedelics. Some people might disagree but I find a smaller medium dose of LSD or mushrooms to be a better introduction.

Well It would be hard to get hold of. It sure won't turn me off psychedelics though, I do not intend to look into other drugs, as I'm not much of a party animal and the dangers are there. I have an open mind and understanding that it may or may not be a good experience, I intend to learn from it.
A follow up question to add to my original post too, has anyone tried any other psychedelic legal highs?

If you want to post your experience, go to our Trip Reports forum and post it there. You can also search that forum in order to find other LSA experiences.

We also have a Big & Dandy HWBR/MGS/LSA Thread where you can ask questions. This'll most likely be merged with that thread once you've had a chance to reply. :)

We can't tell you what to take, but yes there are other legal ethnobotanicals and research chemicals that are psychedelic in nature.

Ok, sorry I had no idea. That's good I'll have a browse through that thread. Don't like it when morning glory and HBWRS are placed in the same thread though because I'm not interested in HBWRS at the moment and want to filter information about them. Buts its ok at this time I suppose I have enough information about morning glory that I can now just be open minded about the whole ethnobotanical catorgory.

Would you know where I could find a list of all legal ethnobotanicals?

If I remember correctly it is possible to reduce the amount of unwanted and toxic substances (the ones claimed to be responsible for physical side effects) with a relatively simple extraction. It relies on the assumption that LSA and the secondary amides (and the alleged LSH), that is, the stuff you want, are water soluble and the the compounds producing side effects are not.
Basically, there are two options:
1) grind the seeds, put into a glass of cold water and leave in the refrigerator for long enough (maybe over night?), filter out plant material and drink the extract.
2) dissolve toxic stuff in organic solvent.

I wont go into 2) because it is much more work and dangerous and likely not of use for you.

I'm sure you will find a lot of ethnobotanicals if you use erowid and google.

I read elsewhere that leaving morning glory seeds in water for extraction for over an hour would allow for the chemicals which cause nausea to be distributed in the water as well. Could someone tell me whether or not to leave the seeds in water for an hour or for 12 hours as I am confused and am preparing for my first ever time using any sort of hallucinogenic and want it to be perfect for me. I got 120 seeds and I would like to see visual on them, I don't weight much, about 8 or 9 stone and quite short for a guy, I also am a lightweight when it comes to other substances.

I must add, I'm not going to use the petroleum ether, I do not trust it one but, nor do I want to use methanol, but I will try and use 100 proof vodka if that is possible? Although there's no way I am going to drink it so what would I do since that would contain the LSA and such?

Last edited:
I hear that leaving it for too long would allow for the substances that result in nausea to be dispersed in the water as well, I will defiantly be doing it the easy way by pulverising on the floor in cling film with a sledge hammer removing any shell i find and then leaving in distiller water, I will them consume after a couple of hours. Would you suggest leaving over night or for under an hour?

I read elsewhere that the unwanted substances are not soluble in water but them elsewhere I hear that they are, I just dont know.

That's for me to find out, the head shop I'm getting them from recommends only using 60. I decided to buy two packs to try out after research and knowingly that other people use 200 to 500. I've heard good things from low doses still

Merged :) As for finding a list of legal ethnobotanicals, I think your best bet is just to look at sites in your country that stock them, as they're unlikely to stock anything illegal. Due to laws changing all the time there's rarely a big list of what's legal - but, you could always look at what's *illegal* and work from that, since ethnobotanicals shouldn't fall under any analogue laws :)

It's just if it's legal, it can be got hold of relatively easily, I know head shops like to increase their range to please existing customers and to attract new customers, of course they do! I wouldn't want to get involved with illegal drugs as I don't trust the source, if any I would go for psilocybin mushrooms, but I don't trust that the source or dealer would have much care if they were the wrong mushrooms and I also wouldn't trust the beginning source of information of where I might get them , if you understand.

That's why, as a fledging "psychonaught", I am more interested at the moment with legal highs such as morning glory, whether or not they work, I'm moving straight on to the Peruvian flame cactus leaving the morning glory idea to try at a later date as I don't like the "right" extraction method involving petroleum ether and it seems to much hard work.

^^ even when you get to harder-to-find "research chemical" type legals, i feel the legal variant is typically superior to the illegal one (as far as product quality/purity is concerned, not necessarily talking effect).

shrooms are good if you know the grower.

LSA was my first psychedelic as well, then San Pedro =p (and a few Salvia trips somewhere in there)

550 seeds of morning glory- nausea for 5 hours, slightly psychedelic by the fourth (auditory hallucinations of cars going through a long tunnel) and oev (lights were all off and it looked as if though everything were flickering). I ate about 5 hours prior nd I don't think I digested the seeds to well since the nausea lasted so damn long, that or I should've purged by the fourth hour. At one point I regurgitated a bit but drank some water to make it go back down.

My door to my balcony is almost always open so my room was cold, I was gunna go take a #2 but couldn't manage to get past the thick warm air in the house which made me want to puke all the much more, and when I finally did get through I couldn't because of the head pressure I got, I thought my head was gunna pop like a peice of inflated gum. My ears were clicking like crazy.

I had waves of euphoria when I wasn't writhing on the floor accompanied by the touchy feels good feel.
At around 1:30am (I dosed at 7:30ish) I finally gave in and purged. It was glorious. 2 huge hurls and I felt extremely relaxed as though that were poison that binded to the bad that was in me (the metaphysical) and the second it was all out I felt at peace. Stayed up for a bit longer, my window looked as if it were collapsing in and then had one of the greatest most restful sleeps that I haven't had in a long time.

Mixed feelings about the experience, I felt like hell for so long but the outcome was simply amazing. Next time Ill dose with 10 or so hours without eating and double my dose, but I don't see myself doing it again any time soon.

I didn't do any extractions and downed the powder with some seed chunks with soda, I don't like soda but found the taste of the powder putrid, enough to trigger gag reflex, reminded me a bit of what brugsmansia tea tasted like.

The purge is key to "breakthrough" if you are feeling like that. It's no good feeling on the brink for hours and then coming back down blueballed. Next time you should purge at the peak if you are feeling like this. It probably explains why you didn't get much in the way of visuals too. I'm glad the outcome was good in the end though :)

Funnily enough I've only purged once or twice on morning glories, but like you said, after the purge the feeling is incredible. Perhaps you should try a CWE. I will most likely do the same the next time I do morning glories, since even the thought of chewing the seeds is enough to induce nausea in me. I read on mycotopia that you can use a muslin bag or something similar to keep the seed mush inside, which will also keep much of the nausea inducing inactives out of the water. I don't know if this works, but it is worth a try.

Last edited:
Just a quick question, I don't know if it belongs here in this thread but on the subject of psychoactive seeds I thought it would be fitting.
I see these seeds on a headshop website called "yopo seeds" apparently you crush them and snort them, and apparently they contain DMT. There's not much information on them online, just wondering if any one has had any experience with them and what preparation methods and dosage they used and any other information about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.