View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd struggle to call LSA a "trip", it's psychoactive but not really psychedelic. Fairly pleasant body feeling but it's not even the same sport as mushrooms, LSD or mescaline.

I wouldn't say it's not psychedelic altogether, just maybe less likely for quite as profound experiences, unless you take a dose which'd be extremely physically unpleasant given the bodyload, nausea etc.

I've known people who've had ++++ experiences from LSA though, so the potential is there.

The vasoconstriction has put me off wanting to try this just yet though, I get bad enough vasoconstriction from drugs that barely cause it at all, I'd be pretty worried about my health with anything that has a considerable effect like that.

Also merged :D

Really? I've heard its essentially "natural LSD". Honestly, I'm not looking for that deep of an experience, I really just want to dip my toes in the water for now. What are some vasoconstriction meds that I could take? I have a heart problem, and didn't even know what vasoconstriction was until just now. Also, how bad is the vasoconstriction? If I can smoke weed and be fine should lsa be a problem?

LSA and LSD are very different, and I think seeing LSA as a "natural LSD" or as a lesser LSD are both wrong. LSA is LSA is LSA, and LSD is LSD is LSD. Treat them separately and you'll enjoy them. They both have different things to offer, some people will prefer one, others will prefer the other :)

Weed is a vasodilator rather than a vasoconstrictor so it doesn't really give you a gage of whether you could take it or not and be fine. I don't really want to give any advice here about whether it'd be safe or not, as firstly you haven't specified your heart condition, and secondly I think someone could probably give a more informative answer. Until then, stay on the safe side and don't do it though.

I'd struggle to call LSA a "trip", it's psychoactive but not really psychedelic. Fairly pleasant body feeling but it's not even the same sport as mushrooms, LSD or mescaline.

You haven't taken enough then. The alkaloids in morning glories have me tripping scrotum every time, in a very natural and refreshing way. Always a +++, and I've flirted with ++++ on LSA trips too.

Then I'll probably start at a low dose and gradually go up. My heart condition isnt that bad of a problem. I dont know the name, but one of my aortas isnt split into thirds as usual. It has two bigger ones (top ones) and the bottom one is moderatley smaller. I think I'll start with maybe 3-4 seeds and see how it goes.

What do you guys use for vasodialators? How well would valerian root work for that? Also, holy shit. There are ALOT of vasodialators out there. Garlic, cayanne pepper, dark chocolate, ect. wow

^Don't worry about the vasoconstriction. It's nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be regarding LSA, and it only becomes a problem if you take too much.

I wouldn't say it's not psychedelic altogether, just maybe less likely for quite as profound experiences, unless you take a dose which'd be extremely physically unpleasant given the bodyload, nausea etc.

I've known people who've had ++++ experiences from LSA though, so the potential is there.

The vasoconstriction has put me off wanting to try this just yet though, I get bad enough vasoconstriction from drugs that barely cause it at all, I'd be pretty worried about my health with anything that has a considerable effect like that.

Also merged :D

The vasoconstriction really isn't so bad, this is not only my opinion but the opinion of many I have talked to who have actually seriously dosed MGs. It seems that most people with negative experiences really haven't properly dosed the seeds.

To get somewhere meaningful I had to take 25g of morning glories. By contrast 15g~ gave me horribly toxic side effects and much weaker psychedelia. 25g on the other hand, only gave me nausea on the come up, which instantly dissipated after the purge, an incredible body high, euphoria, intense visuals of hugely spiraling and regenerating energy forests, and the most incredible music enhancement I've ever experienced. I just don't think anyone can claim to have given LSA a chance without having taken at least 20g of MGs or an equivalent dose of HBRW.

It depends on the strain of the seed too, different strains have different effects/strengths. When I first got my order of 50 seeds from a site, I started with eating 3 seeds. Gave me a pleasant euphoria that would last 3-4 hours. Did this a few times and then went to 6 seeds and that was a rough night. I was not prepared for psychedelics like I thought, and I would def. consider LSA to be a psychedelic IME.

so false lol. i have had full on psychedelic effects from LSA, and had ++++ trips from LSA. the stuff is hit or miss and pretty dose dependant, but when you get a hit whoo boy :)

You haven't taken enough then.

No, I don't think it was a question of taking more. There'll be a minority of people who get something out of them - like a minority of people get something out of nutmeg, but for most it's a waste of time.

I remember reading about when it first became public knowledge that you could trip on morning glories in the early 70's -everyone including Leary was buying bagfuls of seeds. Quickly it was realised that they were shit and the craze died out as quickly as it started.

^^^ nutmeg is a bummer dude

also, i have mainly tripped on Rivea Corymbosa and HBWR. Rivea is my favorite and has produced more ++++'s, but HBWR has been more psychedelic and produced more+++'s...

also in the 70s i bet they just ate any old morning glory. not sure ,but guessing that now in the 2000's we realize that there's a few strains that are better than others.

idk if you believe in spiritual things at all, but perhaps the "hit or miss"-ness of LSA is due to more spiritual reasons than scientific reasons...

Look Ismene, you've made your opinion abundantly clear a number of times in this thread that you don't think morning glories or hawaiin baby rose wood are psychedelic. We get it. Now can you let those of us who DO enjoy them be in peace to ourselves? It's not like we're invading other threads talking about how great morning glories are.

also, i have mainly tripped on Rivea Corymbosa and HBWR. Rivea is my favorite and has produced more ++++'s, but HBWR has been more psychedelic and produced more+++'s...

Not for many people tho. Even in Hawaii, baby woodrose are viewed as a pretty low-rent high. Maria Sabina said she never used Rivea and stuck to mushrooms.

perhaps the "hit or miss"-ness of LSA is due to more spiritual reasons than scientific reasons...

Isn't it more down to LSA being such a low quality "psychedelic"?

Look Ismene, you've made your opinion abundantly clear a number of times in this thread

You must have me confused with someone else. (Or you're trying to cause another argument because I've disagreed with you in the past and your ego couldn't take it). I've contributed to a different thread called "LSA experiences" and that has been merged with this thread.

It's not like we're invading other threads talking about how great morning glories are.

As I've already explained to you, I contributed to a different thread called "LSA experiences" not this thread. And btw, I'll contribute to whichever thread I please regardless of how you feel about it. Many other people in this thread have already said LSA doesn't float their boat and that's a perfectly valid contribution. No-one just wants to hear your opinion. You say what you want and let others say what they want. That's kinda the point of the board, otherwise it would be called the Iamme90 board wouldn't it.

The vasoconstriction really isn't so bad, this is not only my opinion but the opinion of many I have talked to who have actually seriously dosed MGs. It seems that most people with negative experiences really haven't properly dosed the seeds.

To get somewhere meaningful I had to take 25g of morning glories. By contrast 15g~ gave me horribly toxic side effects and much weaker psychedelia. 25g on the other hand, only gave me nausea on the come up, which instantly dissipated after the purge, an incredible body high, euphoria, intense visuals of hugely spiraling and regenerating energy forests, and the most incredible music enhancement I've ever experienced. I just don't think anyone can claim to have given LSA a chance without having taken at least 20g of MGs or an equivalent dose of HBRW.

This is pretty dangerous "advice". If 15g of a drug gives you horribly toxic side effects then I'd recomend most people didn't take 25g.

I've never gotten visuals from moderately high doses of LSA. It changes my thoughts subtly but I think it's mostly due to the euphoria. I will say that combining LSA with cannabis has given me what is probably the most incredible euphoria out of any drug experience. Better than any opiate, MDMA, or other psychedelic.

My vendor is lazy, wont ship till next week :(

Graaaghhh, I've gone through every erowid trip report already. Let me experiment oh-mighty drug gods!

Hey I've never written any experience reports about my LSA trips but I've actually had quite a few. Here are some comments and highlights of my experiences. They were all quite a while ago when I had no access to any other psychedelics. They were all morning glories, always heavenly blues, and always from lowes :).

my first trip was I think 600 seeds ground up and split between like 5 people, I would say I got ~150 seeds which was fair because I bought them. It took a long time to kick in, like 3 or more hours. I started to feel effects after smoking marijuana and surfing the internet and they were really subtle at first because I had begun to think that my small dosage wasn't going to work at all. Then I had a band practice directly afterwards where I started getting mild visuals with the play of light in the room and euphoria and intense music stimulation. In fact, I was playing drums in a drone metal jam and we got so intense at this one climax I cried hahaha not because I was sad but because I was experiencing the pure power of the bass in a very awesome way. The effects were only at a ++ for the rest of the night but I remember still getting waves of visuals even like eight and a half hours after dosing.

I really liked that trip, It had no nausea really and very positive effects.

I later decided to get 600 more seeds and me and one friend decided to split them. I ate like ~425 seeds and he had the rest. It was ground up in a powder and put on a peanut butter sandwich. Again, it took a very long time to kick in. I had first alerts at like almost two hours but it didn't really hit me until like four and a half hours after eating it. I experienced quite a body load over that time, but smoking weed helped it a lot. I decided to buy a quarter of mids and a pack of black and milds so I could have as many blunts as I pleased while I was tripping. Once the effects really started to kick in I went and looked in the mirror and thats when I knew I was tripping and that I was going to trip quite a bit harder than last time. Stuff was moving around slightly and the wallpaper looked really cool. Colors were enhanced but only slightly. About six hours in when I was outside smoking a blunt I started to see patterns a lot like leaves and leaf fractals. I saw them underneath my vision but occasionally they would layer themselves onto things I was looking at. It was a great trip but by the end I was sooooooo high and sooooo tired and still a little nauseous and I threw up. It really stunk but I went to bed very shortly afterwards. It was literally like 10 hours after dosing too.

I really liked that trip too I had a great time.

After I used that batch up, lowes didn't have them in stock anymore because they were out of season so fast forward a year into the next season. I decided to buy ~800 seeds. (these dosages are estimations because I was buying packs of them and the first one I opened and counted had exactly 50 in it so I decided that would be an appropriate median for how many were in each pack.) I planned to do all 800 by myself, but ended up testing about 100 seeds worth on a night that I had to do an artwork for a class that was due the next day. The threshold dose was very pleasurable. Minimal body load, good euphoria, good music appreciation ( I was really digging the beatles), nice trippy yet subtle visuals so I could actually get work done. I smoked pot after my parents went to bed that night and it was a great booster.

a few weeks later I ate the remaining seeds. Yes, ~700 seeds ground into a powder. I put it in a salsa and ate it with chips at about 7:45. Within 10 minutes I knew it was going to be quite hard to stomach. For the next three and a half hours I struggled with the body load, I kept having to get up and take a walk outside so I could get some air. I felt like I was on the verge of throwing up but I didn't think I was actually going to throw up, and I never did throw up. So at around 11:45 I knew I was rising steadily. I was getting some visuals kind of like the way moonlight dances on the surface of the ocean but not very intensely. I finally got to go outside and smoke after my parents were in bed, but I really didn't feel very good at all. The hallucinogenic affects were kicking in, but the nausea was still going strong and my headspace was not very enjoyable. I also was having the unforseen issue of being very very tired which I don't like while i'm tripping as it makes me a bit delirious. I now know that LSA is considered a sedative, my dumb self at the time did not. I smoked out of an apple and it was really unpleasant. I felt as though I could feel the resin going down my throat and into my lungs. I could only taste pure resin even though I was smoking some pretty quality bud. I kept spitting and coughing but to no avail. I decided I was done smoking, hid the apple in a bush and went inside and listened to music. When I was walking I also got a cramp in the back of my left leg that felt like something was really wrong with me. I thought music would be my savior but I was so tired I couldn't concentrate on it. The waviness visuals were getting a lot more intense but I decided I just had to go to sleep. I went upstairs to my bed and slept (at least I think so). I mainly remember tossing and turning and I have vague memories of vividly colored closed eye visuals that looked like text in an unknown language drifting around my visual plane and scintillating.
I was rudely awakened by my father the next morning who threw open my bedroom door and yelled "wake up were going to go get some breakfast and get your haircut!" I sat up in bed and realized I was still tripping just as hard, if not harder, than I was when I went to sleep. I took a shower that seemed really really long and when I got out the mistiness of the room was producing visuals that were making the wet marks on the walls of the bathroom dance too. I reluctantly walked around my house looking for my dad but he wasn't there. I found a note saying he was out running errands. I decided to go get my apple from the bush and roast a quick bowl while he was gone. Bad idea, the depersonalization aspects kicked in more and I was having a lot more 'acid thoughts.' When I went with my dad to go eat he took me to my favorite breakfast place and got me my favorite food but it just tasted like grease :(. While I was in the car I had lots of revelations about the random people around me. Things like "everybody is a robot programmed to carry out the thing they call their life." "Anybody can love anybody in the right situation" lots of stuff like that followed by lots of rationalizations and reasoning. My dad asked if there was something wrong with me and I told him I didn't sleep well last night due to a really strange dream. Getting a haircut was awful, the buzzing of the razor was particularly grating and annoying as it kept going past my ear and the lady who was cutting my hair reminded me of a horse. The residual closed eye visuals lasted in waves until almost 7:00 pm that day. I hugged my parents for the first time in a long time.

This was a rather unpleasant experience due to the set and setting, and I feel as though I got HPPD from it because now when I smoke pot occasionally my closed eye visuals will ramp up in intensity and stuff. I also get flashbacks while jamming (playing drums while really high in particular) on occasion but I welcome those with open arms :D. Overall I would just recommend other psychedelics if one wishes to have a high dose, strong, open eyed visual trip. I was mainly experimenting with LSA because of availability and price factors. I would do it again but I don't plan on making a trip to lowes for them any time soon. The lower dosages were very chill and pleasant while high doses have wayyy too much bodyload and side effects. I suppose extracting it might be a solution to that though.

just thought I would share this with blue light.

Thank you for that :)

What is the best way to prepare hbw seeds so i dont get naseous?

Like I said, if you ground the seeds and eat less than sayyyyyy 300? you probably won't have any pronounced nausea (at least I didn't). I've read that extractions can be a lot better.

I also heard that certain corporations that distribute the seeds treat them with a chemical that prevents the 'misuse' of them.

In my previous post I forgot to mention one time that I got them from a different store (not lowes) and it was entirely unpleasant. They were a different brand than all of my other doses so I'm under the impression they were indeed treated with some awful chemical. I felt sick and overly sedated by it and went to bed wayyyy too early (I had another art project to finish that I ended up not finishing lol). I think the dose wasn't very high but overall it was a really shitty way to waste my money and fail to work on an art project. I didn't feel really any psychoactive effects from that dose; only bodily discomfort and fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.