View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of LSA containing seeds, HBWR are probably the easiest to overdose on as the amount needed for a strong trip is considerably less then other seed types. This shouldn't be a problem because the seeds are pretty big but some people may get mixed up with other LSA containing plants. And yes, these things are relatively safe, but theres always risk when using a natural, non-standardized product. A problem might be the alkaloids in there apart from the LSA's; these may syngerise or potentiate LSA in some way unknown. Really, LSA can be fantastic experience but its somewhat unpredictable and can cause extreme nausea. LSD is better :)

Don't underestimate HBWR seeds. Judging by erowid trip reports a lot of people have and I certainly did. Like with any drug if you take too much it will be an unpleasant and possibly even dangerous experience.

You sometimes read about people taking 40+ seeds which is crazy unless you have slowly worked your way up and therefore know that they are particularly weak seeds.

The most I've had to date is 14 which was the strongest trip of my life - I haven't even got close to it on acid before (I'm obviously not saying you cant but I just haven't dosed enough before). Even 20 of those seeds would have been way too much mentally and really bad physically.

Strains matter too. Safe? Never heard anything bad about them other than you may puke afterwards. I made a trip report about them. I foud them to be great at low doses, nice euphoria, calming, etc... 6 seeds had me on a good/bad trip. I just wasn't ready for it. The idea of them beig coated in natural cyanide is an urban myth. You can scrape off the outsides of the seeds or cook the hair off quick with a lighter or even a CWE if it mkes you feel better. Be safe!

Safe, in most instances, is more a matter of dosage, set, & setting than the particular substance in question. Also, do check out the links in my signature as we have megathreads on most substances. If you do proper research & use a bit of logic & common sense you should be fine.

I was wondering if I can grind up like 500 seeds and place the powder under my tongue(about 100 seeds at a time) for like 15-20 mins then spit it out and repeat till the pwders gone to reduce nausea. Would this be effective or juust a waste?

I was wondering if I can grind up like 500 seeds and place the powder under my tongue(about 100 seeds at a time) for like 15-20 mins then spit it out and repeat till the pwders gone to reduce nausea. Would this be effective or juust a waste?

A waste and a mega high dose. You only need between 5-15 seeds depending on strain. Be safe and treat it with respect.

A waste and a mega high dose. You only need between 5-15 seeds depending on strain. Be safe and treat it with respect.
I was reffering to mg seeds not hbwr which 500 seeds is my normal dose. I've heard of sublingual being a great route but it was never clear whether spitting the powder out made a difference since the lsa was absorbed in the bloodstream from being under the tounge

you'll probably need to up your dose a bit if you spit out the powder, i would imagine. maybe not by a lot though.

Morning glory seeds don't work for me?

I use psychedelics every now and then and have done HBWR seeds before and they felt amazing. I was trying to get the same feeling from morning glory seeds because they are similar but not as strong. I had Heavenly blues growing over the summer and when the seeds were ready for harvesting swim ingested 350 seeds the first time and received no effects at all. I have tried various dose ranges with them and have had no success. Can anyone explain why they don't work for me? I don't have a tolerance to LSA because I get effects from small doses of HBWRs, the problem is though that I cannot get HBWRs easily.

Last edited:
We don't "SWIM" here at Bluelight. It doesn't protect you or hold up in a court of law, and it makes posts annoying and hard to read, please refrain from using it in future.

Also I'm merging this with the HWBR/MG/LSA thread :)

We don't "SWIM" here at Bluelight. It doesn't protect you or hold up in a court of law, and it makes posts annoying and hard to read, please refrain from using it in future.

Also I'm merging this with the HWBR/MG/LSA thread :)
Just fixed my post and added a little more details.

I had Heavenly blues growing over the summer and when the seeds were ready for harvesting swim ingested 350 seeds the first time and received no effects at all. I have tried various dose ranges with them and have had no success.

That's strange. Usually fresh home grown ones are very potent. Especially heavenly blue. I have to wonder if they were fresh or sat around for a few years. Old seeds go flat. Fresh ones should be perfect. Maybe soil plays a factor? No idea.

That's strange. Usually fresh home grown ones are very potent. Especially heavenly blue. I have to wonder if they were fresh or sat around for a few years. Old seeds go flat. Fresh ones should be perfect. Maybe soil plays a factor? No idea.
They were all fresh seeds, I just planted the heavenly blues this summer and they took off and grew like crazy and produced a ton of beautiful flowers and tons of seeds. The only effects I had from the seeds was a stomach ache and diarreah. I waited until the seed pods turned brown instead of green, green is too early to harvest because the seeds haven't even developed all the way yet. I chewed them up thoroughly and everything... I'm thinking about trying a cold water extraction on them next summer.

You need to put about 600 of them in a coffee grinder. It'll look like sand. I recommend putting it in large gel caps and taking it that way. CWE won't do anything. Maybe you can extract the LSA with tert-butyl methyl ether and recrystallize with acetone? It's probably a much longer and tedious separation and purification procedure.

350 seeds should be a normal dose, good to have you tripping with lots of visuals.

I would suggest trying the same dose again with shop bought morning glories just to make sure it is the seeds that were impotent and not you. If it doesn't work, you will obviously want to up your dose. But if it does work, then it means that for some reason your Heavenly Blues are producing very little ergot alkaloids. You may want to research the botanical science behind it, to see if your growing conditions are suitable enough for allowing the sythesis of ergoloids. Apparently your soil should be high in nitrogen and phosphates, but low in potassium.

Thanks, and I have had LSA trips off of HBWRs before so I know my body accepts LSA... I don't think my heavenly blues are producing ergot alkaloids, I may try them in some new soil next year. I got the seeds from the heavenly blues at lowes and didn't want to try those because they were coated with poison so people wouldn't eat them, the seeds off of the plant just result in mild nausea but no psychoactive effects

Lsa experiences?

I'm about to embark on my first psychedelic drug in the coming weeks. (Christmas and new years royally fucked up my shipping time)

So, I'll be getting some hbw seeds and I was wondering.

What is the best way to prepare them?

Side effects, and how severe?

What is the trip like? Will I be able to sit and chill?

How many seeds should I take for a first timer?

Thanks in advance. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Unless you're going to go through the process of extracting the alkaloids, I would just chew them up and swallow. This is how I use morning glories, and it works beautifully every time.

The side effects are minimal if anything. There is nausea, with the potential for some purging. Some people complain of vasoconstriction, but I haven't experienced it to any notable degree.

There is a body-high, but it is very pleasant. The trip is somewhat more empathogenic in comparison to LSD, with softening of boundaries in a pleasant and dreamy way. It can be quite light-headed, but in a good way.

I'm not so sure about the dose for HBWR seeds since I only have experience with morning glories, but other people usually mention somewhere in the realm of 12 seeds. Erowid dose guidelines are pretty good.

If I were you, I'd crush them up, put them in a teabag and let them soak in cold water overnight, in alfoil and in the dark.
Then drain out the really crushed up seeds, hold the water in my mouth for as long as possible, then swallow.

I would also take vasodialotors (I have anxiety about heart stuff all the time) so this'd keep my safe.
And I'd take some motionsickness pills, like dramamine or gravol or wahtever.

I think this would eliminate the possible vasoconstriction effects and the sickness if there is any.

I'd struggle to call LSA a "trip", it's psychoactive but not really psychedelic. Fairly pleasant body feeling but it's not even the same sport as mushrooms, LSD or mescaline.

Status
Not open for further replies.