• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Guide to Rectal Administration (Plugging)

samadhi_smiles said:
I'll be interested to see how it goes for you E1, my experience on 14mg of 2CT7 was anything but clean and smooth - it was a VERY fast come up that had me shaking and trembling and vomiting and a bit of diarreah to boot-

I was peaking within 30 mins, felt first effects as quick as about 6-7 mins-
I plugged about 27mg of 2c-t-2 and it was the biggest mistake of my psychedelic career. Pretty much exactly the same as described above.

So last night was my first time trying rectal administration.

I took 8mg of 2C-T-2 around 9pm. I mostly followed the technique posted by DrugGeek. The 2C-T-2 was suspended in ~4ml of water and after administration I proceeded to lay on my stomach.

Immediately afterwards, I had a pretty uncomfortable sensation of having to go to the bathroom. I wasn't sure how long I could fight it. Its such a natural urge to try to override.

Luckily, the sensation passed in about 5 minutes and I was already starting to come up. The come up was very rapid, the adjective "shaky" as used by others seems fitting and it was not entirely pleasant, but then again, for me come ups never are.

Within about 30 minutes I was peaking. I would say that for me 8mg plugged was the equivalent of ~14mg oral. Mentally it seemed to not be as intense as I would have liked, but this was more of a test dose than anything.

There was nothing really spectacular about the trip, but I was extremely impressed with how "clean" it felt. The body load had been very much diminished and almost totally eliminated. In fact the trip reminded my quite a bit of 4-AcO-DMT in that the come-up is very rapid, there is little body load and the trip is short. There was one point after smoking weed that I felt the onset of what could have turned into a panic attack which occurred my previous time on 2C-T-2, but this time I just worked through it.

The shortened trip may seem like a negative to some people, but for me it was the 90 minute come-up and the come-down that were mostly shortened. I'd gladly take 10 minutes of "why did I do this?" instead of an hour. :)

The main portion of the trip lasted about 4-5 hours and it disappears as quick as it comes on. Normally a psychedelic just fades gradually until the point I can go to sleep. With this is was like "bang" sober and it didn't feel as though I had taken anything. I stayed awake until 8am (I've been I night owl lately, so this is my normal schedule) smoking cannabis and playing music.

Overall I would rate this as a very positive experience. At the moment I can see this becoming my main method of administration for some materials. I'm really looking forward to trying AMT this way, as I really enjoy it but the come up is nasty and physically its far from side effect free.

While I'm now a member of "the club" and can share the enthusiasm others have for this method. I do wonder though about the relative safety compared to oral and its something I'll need to research a bit more to feel comfortable venturing into higher dose ranges.

:)

AMT works especially well rectally I've found... I very rarely took it any other way because it's so much smoother and overall nicer. Great to hear that the bodyload on 2C-T-2 is much dissipated, too!

e1evene1even said:
So last night was my first time trying rectal administration. :)

Oh... (sniff), I'm so proud! :D

Now let us go forth and convert the multitudes!

Yeah, for sure! Rectal administration of research chemicals, a great conversation starter! =D

None of my friends have even tried an "RC" and I think the one time I mentioned "plugging" it resulted in a strange look and a quick change of topic...

I don't mind though. I have no problem with it. It's not for everybody, but there are definite advantages. The thought of no more long, crappy come-ups makes me really happy!

e1evene1even said:
Yeah, for sure! Rectal administration of research chemicals, a great conversation starter! =D

None of my friends have even tried an "RC" and I think the one time I mentioned "plugging" it resulted in a strange look and a quick change of topic...

I don't mind though. I have no problem with it. It's not for everybody, but there are definite advantages. The thought of no more long, crappy come-ups makes me really happy!

Haha... I meant the Bluelight multitudes, not going up to people at parties and saying "hey have you ever thought about shooting mind-altering drugs up your ass?"

Though come to think of it, that might be fun. I may have to try it at least once.

For sure, rectal is the preferred MOA for many psychs. Nowadays, the only time I don't use it is if I want an exceptionally long trip for some reason. Rectal does shorten duration by 25% or so in my experience.

Ximot said:
Someone (jamshyd?) mentioned administration of freebase compounds (which do not readily dissolve in water) with oil instead of water, and one can even do without the syringe then.

I wonder what the (dis)advantages are of oil resp. water, and whether a syringe is required for optimum absorption (i.e. does the material have to go as far up as the squirt of the dropper will send it?)

oil will work but i don't think it will be absorbed too well. theres a video on youtube about some girl who cooked down 600mg of dmt into oil and did it all.... neurosoup i think was the name of the account...

Ximot said:
Someone (jamshyd?) mentioned administration of freebase compounds (which do not readily dissolve in water) with oil instead of water, and one can even do without the syringe then.

I wonder what the (dis)advantages are of oil resp. water, and whether a syringe is required for optimum absorption (i.e. does the material have to go as far up as the squirt of the dropper will send it?)

I think this may have been mentioned already, but it's worth repeating: you ALWAYS want to squirt the material as far up as you can (safely, of course, no "forcing" anything in there). The reason for this is that the anal canal absorbs drugs very poorly -- what you are shooting for is the rectum, which begins about 2 inches above the anus.

Does rectal administration give you the feeling that you have to poop? I have an extraordinary amount of control over my stomach, having never thrown up from drugs or alcohol in my life... Though nausea is often uncomfortable, it has never been a functional issue for me. I wonder if I would have the same control over my colon?

Does rectal administration give you the feeling that you have to poop?

In my limited experience yes. But its not that bad an passes quickly. Personally I'd rather feel like I have to shit for 5 minutes, than to feel like shit for an hour. :\

I find the feeling of having to poop very rare with rectal administration, it's only happened to me perhaps once or twice out of maybe 10 times I've taken a drug this way, and even then it was very bearable and subsided rather quickly.

11:11, you make some good points. I also hate the long come-ups of some chemicals, especially those of the 2C family, and rectal administration seems to really cut some time off of it. And while the sensation of coming up can be stronger this way, and anxiety slightly increased, I take it any day over nauseating for a long time and puking my guts out.

Perhaps as I get better at the technique, I'll be able to minimize that sensation. For example I don't think I needed 4ml of water to dissolve 8mg of powder. I could have probably got by with half of that or less.

My understanding is that its a trade-off. Less liquid increases the chances of a burning sensation, whereas more liquid will increase the chance that you will feel the urge to vacate that liquid.

I remember reading a general guideline of the optimal mg/ml ratio was already posted somewhere. I just forget what/where it is.

My experience is that there really is not much burning sensation regarldess of the amoount of liquid used unless there is alcohol in the solution. I once did a mistake of using an alcohol based solution for rectal administration. Let's just say I won't be trying that again! 8o

4ml of water is just fine to use. I've had to use up to 12ml, and while it was an uncomfortable amount to inject, it worked fine.

yeah rectal admin of t7, I was feeling first effects at 6-7 minutes! WOwsers that was a rollercoaster!!! =D

I also agree, that less water is better, to a certain extent (some chemicals will burn the membrane if they are in too little water) -

2CD feels like burning, but thats because the dose is a bit larger than normal

^Its not unheard of and Ketamine can be used rectally, but to my knowledge there aren't the same advantages as with other compounds and it takes significantly more material than insufflation or IM.

samadhi_smiles said:
yeah rectal admin of t7, I was feeling first effects at 6-7 minutes! WOwsers that was a rollercoaster!!! =D

I also agree, that less water is better, to a certain extent (some chemicals will burn the membrane if they are in too little water) -

2CD feels like burning, but thats because the dose is a bit larger than normal

I find 2C-B and 2C-C to burn quite a bit rectally, whereas 2C-D and 2C-E I found to be relatively burn-free. I usually use 3mL of water to dissolve doses in. I've never tried 2C-I or 2C-P rectally.

The first drug I tried rectally was an XTC pill. Just shoved it up there. It did burn a little, but not much. Next rectal drug was 20 mg 2C-B, in 2 ml of water. Didn't burn at all, but it hit me like a freight train within 2 minutes!! Did scare me a bit in the beginning, but it was ok after the first 1½ hour. I just took a bit too much at once, my only previous experience with 2C-B was orally, 15 mg, and 10 mg after another hour. That was a very nice, but mild trip.

But rectally sure works for me!!

Hemi3970 said:
But rectally sure works for me!!

Any idea what the state of your rectum was tho? Maybe if you've got a few lumps of shit stuck to your rectum wall and you push the tablet into the shit it wouldn't hit you as hard.

When I used the XTC tablet, there might have been some shit in the way. But the tablet worked within 20 minutes, no problem. With the 2C-B solution, it was pretty empty, but not brand spankin clean...worked better than expected though...