• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Guide to Rectal Administration (Plugging)

Personally, I think willingness to experiment with rectal administration puts one into an entirely different class of drug user. This sounds more elitist than I'd like but I think the degree of appreciation is certainly more sophisticated than your average party animal.

As for the term "plugging" , unless this term has some other meaning I'm unaware of, I think the term is a bit more discrete than "rectal administration".

its definately more of a "means to and end" approach...

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week!

Heyoka said:
Personally, I think willingness to experiment with rectal administration puts one into an entirely different class of drug user. This sounds more elitist than I'd like but I think the degree of appreciation is certainly more sophisticated than your average party animal.

As for the term "plugging" , unless this term has some other meaning I'm unaware of, I think the term is a bit more discrete than "rectal administration".

Heyoka, I agree. I think rectal administrators are fine humans. It is a noble path to pursue the rectal administration of all possible 2,5-dimethoxy compounds. I am well on my way.

Heyoka said:
Could cannabis be plugged (with effective results)?

Yes but it involves having to use oil (possibly freshly pepared from hash/buds/leaves) and adding it to warm full fat milk so that the oil dissolves in the fat droplets that form the emulsion. Also need to add a drop of some sort of surfactant to reduce the micelle (droplet) size to promote absorbtion through the membrane wall.

Basically a pain in the arse unless you're incredibly inquisitive =D

Concerning the 2C's and MDMA up the butt is definitely my preferred route. Less side effects, faster onset and not too much of a discernable duration when compared with oral.

I don't think its been mentioned here and it is certainly crucial in minimizing the discomfort of shooting a solution up your butt. Don't forget to push any and all air bubbles out of the barrel before putting it anywhere near your ass. I use a 10ml guy and I usually slap his needle on and give him a small squirt then pop the stick off and take (or push but you know) the plunge.

The only times plugging has been miserable and almost unbearable for me was before I had figured this out, and believe this folks there are few things worse in this life than having a ball of air stuck right on the other side of your asshole while you have absolutely no option except to clutch the pillow and cringe lest you light the fireworks and break the dam. No there is nothing holy about this flood people so watch for those god damn air bubbles!

I don't think it feels wrong at all, for the record. I also think that for the most part, the come up with psychs is an integral part of the experience. For something where the euphoria is directionally proportional to the quickness of onset, then yeah, sure. For psychs, for me, probably not.

Good for getting the most of what you got, though.

edit: as for this making more of the 'discernable druggie' type rubbish... catch yourself on, curiosity maybe... we're hardly pushing the envelope.

Function over fashion! lol

Last edited:
Does anyone know much of the history of "plugging"? Were the 'broomstick riding' witches of the middle ages the first to take the plunge, or does it go much farther back in history?

Another question I may have missed the answer to, how does the safety of this method compare to others? I would ASSume it carries more risks than oral, perhaps similar to insufflation?

I suppose the colon is much better equipped to handle potentially toxic substances than many other parts of the body so I would personally feel better about this method than IV, IM or nasal. So far all my psychedelics have been oral or smoked.

I have read of some south american tribes using alcohol rectally for thousands of years, but that is as far as I have heard of it going:\

don't know if this belongs in the guide or not, but I read about a guy in Japan dying of a ridiculously large (like 100mg) dose of 5-meo-dipt. just thought I should share.

Would kratom tea boiled to a small amount of liquid work well? Or what about amanita tea? Or both together?

Last edited:
Xorkoth, you say you usually convert your freebases into HCl salts before plugging. Why is this?

I have plugged AET and 4-AcO-MIPT (both of which I think are freebase) to good effect. Is there a reason not to plug a freebase chem?

Ximot, but never plugged AMT freebase? Can anyone explain why AMT freebase wouldn't work rectally?

^^ It does, and I think he meant to include AMT as he and I have discussed this before.

I dunno, I've plugged freebase AMT also, and it works. It just seems to me that the HCl is faster (probably due to being dissolved in solution previous to administration), and smoother in the come-on. Not to mention that I've had larger amounts of AMT freebase give me the fire down below!

I honestly don't remember if I plugged my AMT or ate it last time. I can assure you that next time it will be plugged though. I have never in my life converted anything from base to salt or vice-versa. Never looked into it... FYI, I didn't get "the fire" (LOL at the exprsssion) from plugging the other 2 bases I mentioned.

Yeah I've put dmt up there without an maoi, it was freebase so I warmed up some 2% milk and dissolved it in there. It's awesome but significantly shorter in duration compared with oral, it has a similar duration to snorting it only you need less and there isn't any pain.

^^ Interesting...

Ximot, it's very easy to convert freebases to salts. I just put a few milliters of distilled H2O in a clean shot glass (well, like 5mL for AMT because it doesn't dissolve to a very high concentration and the whole point is for it to dissolve. Plus more water equals no burn I've discovered). It will float on the top and maybe sink a bit as you are familiar with. I then drop 2 drops of 30% HCl (muriatic acid) in the shot glass and stir vigorously for a minute or so. The freebase quickly forms clear crystals, maybe slightly white, which settle on the bottom. Sometimes larger crystals form, which I crush to aid dissolving. I then make sure my bowels are empty and by the time I'm ready, the AMT HCl will have dissolved totally or very, very close to totally. Then suck it up into the syringe and proceed as normal. AMT provides a bit more discomfort initially than most chemicals, and the feeling of having to crap lasts a little longer, but it passes by the time it's coming up. It's not a huge difference to oral like most chemicals, but it's better IME in every way.

Careful with the amount of HCl... I've found 2 drops to work well without leaving excess unreacted HCl in about 5mLs of water for doses from 30mg to 80mg, although with 30 and below I use about 1.5 drops if I can manage.

Last edited: