• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Guide to Rectal Administration (Plugging)

squirting liquid up there I find is much easier and less messy and cleaner absorption rate.

I usually use a gelatin capsule (not vegetable) and put the fine posder dose inside, make sure my bowels are empty, lube up the gel cap, and put it in there. I've never had a problem with it not dissolving. Although a word of note is that if you're constipated from being dried out by opiates, rectal administration is not going to work for you very well at all. Not only will it be too dry (which squirting liquid could mend), but more importantly, there will be "material" in your innards that soaks up the drug.

I do agree with GP that squirting a water solution is more quickly and readily absorbed, and if I'm trying to take pills (say opiates or amphetamines) rectally, I will always dissolve them in water first. But I find with RCs and other fine powders that a gel cap works essentially just as well, and I find it much quicker and cleaner to use them than to try using an oral syringe with a water solution.

Hey Xorkoth, I was wondering if you had any more information on what it was like plugging DOC. I just tried DOM orally recently and the stimulation made it last so long that it was hard to sleep fully until about 27 hours later. I'm wondering if plugging could at least help the come up and come down times compact a bit. You said there wasn't much potency increase right? I just don't want to destroy myself with a large amount of DOM/DOC if it does a large increase.

I just tried DOM orally recently and the stimulation made it last so long that it was hard to sleep fully until about 27 hours later
8o

How much did you dose ? Coz that seems a very long time to be up with DOM to me.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I took 3mg, and the main effects were done by about 17 hours, and then the stimulation lasted 29 hours now that I look at my notes.

I did manage to sleep from about T+18-22 hours very fitfully and then couldn't get back to sleep after I woke up at T+22. Still felt stimulated and finally was able to nap at T+29 (It was an awesome nap, haha).

I've never done any stimulants before, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I have a question, and I'm sorry if this was answered, and I skimmed past it. I did try some searches as well.

Is there any real risk of plugging an ibuprofen/codeine mixture after a CWE? I only have N+ pills right now, so using an APAP CWE isn't an option for a few more days. With regard to about 150ml of solution.

I've never tried this, but if it offers quicker results, I will certainly be willing. Perhaps I'm being naive in thinking there could be a risk in the short or long term, but there's no harm in asking.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dancan said:
I have a question, and I'm sorry if this was answered, and I skimmed past it. I did try some searches as well.

Is there any real risk of plugging an ibuprofen/codeine mixture after a CWE? I only have N+ pills right now, so using an APAP CWE isn't an option for a few more days. With regard to about 150ml of solution.

I've never tried this, but if it offers quicker results, I will certainly be willing. Perhaps I'm being naive in thinking there could be a risk in the short or long term, but there's no harm in asking.

Thanks.

There should be no problem doing this, especially since ibuprofen can be used as a suppository. I just skimmed this article, but it made it sound as if it would probably safer to use Ibuprofen rectally because the peak levels and bioavailibility were lower than oral though it lasts longer (it'd be more spread out):

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/112227266/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

You may get better answers to this not in the Psychedelic Drugs forum.

I have plugged DOC. It seemed to be slightly less effective than oral administration and take about the same amount of time to come on. However I should mention that I only tried it once and it was in the middle of a massive DOX tolerance so there were some confounding factors. I will say that the DOXs, or DOC at least, seem to absorb very efficiently orally, even with food in my stomach. In fact I always eat something solid before eating DOC because it works just as well and sometimes it makes me throw up if my stomach is empty.

nuke said:
First pass liver metabolism is what I meant, eventually it may be metabolized/cleared by the liver, hence why hydrocodone still works well.

Some drugs which rely heavily on first pass metabolism won't be nearly as effective, though.

I had liver abscess more than 2 months ago. Will it be safer to plug xtc ?

Really good question if anyone can answer. In comparison to an oral dose how would 125mg of Mescaline HCL up the ass compare to 250mg of Mescaline orally? If my goal is to split 250mg between two people (which it is) would it be better to just insufflate the compound? And last thing. If squirting 125ml of Mescaline into my colon is a bit much of a solution to use, what amount would be recommended for quicker absorption?

My guesstimate based on related substances is that 125mg rectally would be about equivalent to 250mg orally. I find that insufflation and rectal dosing are about the same in terms of potency, with rectal maybe a bit less potent, but the rectal dose will give a much cleaner and smoother and longer experience versus the nasal.

I've got some phenetilamines in a vodka solution. How can I plug them without burning?

You can let the alcohol in the vodka evaporate and then plug it. If you measure out your dose and then put it in a shot glass or something and leave it out, it will evaporate. Leave it in a cool, dark, dry place with a fan blowing on it, and I would think that in a few hours the alcohol would be evaporated, leaving only some of the water. Then you could add a little mroe water if the volume was too low, pull it up into an oral syringe, and plug it.

anyone end up finding any clear information regarding plugging DOx compounds? particularly DOM? I'm looking to shorten duration, should work right? Normally I can sleep about 15-18 hours after a DOM dose and I'm looking to make that less than 12 or so, anyone think this would work?

You may have read somewhere in PD of this already, but I've plugged DOC once. Unfortunately, I was in the middle of using it for like the 3rd day in a row, during a period of heavy DOC use and heavy use of other psychedelics, so it's impossible for me to tell how it specifically affected me (especially since I had taken some orally a bit earlier).

My feeling is that plugging it wouldn't change the effects much. I feel this way because of how potent and fast it works orally (considering its length of action anyway). It seems to start working just as fast and strong when you have a full stomach, too. It just feels to me like it absorbs very fully and easily orally, perhaps fundally like LSD does. And LSD pretty much works the same way regardless of method of ingestion. You can take it orally, rectally, nasally, sublingually, or whatever... either way, it's all getting absorbed through membranes pretty quickly and fully.

Does anyone actually have any data on this? Now I want to know if I'm right. :)

thats why i was saying any "clear" information lol since I saw that you said u had a giant tolerance going...I'm not as interested in the change of effects as much as duration. With every other psychedelic compound ive tried orally vs. nasally vs. rectal the latter two are always shorter. I'm just guessing it would be the same for the DOx series wouldn't it? help me out Xorkorth since i kno you are much more experienced...does this sound like it would make sense? I'm already on DOM so my thoughts are kinda racing, sorry if it's evident lol

Yes. From what I've been told, plug with about the same dosage you would orally, I had a friend who used to plug lots of DOXs, up to 12mg. It's not much different, it just comes on a bit faster. If you're super worried, plug a little, wait an hour or two, then boost.

Duration isn't that much shorter, though. When he plugged 12mg he was high for about 48 hours.

In regards to DOx compounds. Shuglin discovered that DOB requires some metabolic process in the lungs for it to become active, explaining the long come up. It seems likely that this is the case for the rest, and almost certainly is for the other halogenated DOx's. So plugging probably wont affect the come up too much. IDK about body load though...

I have a question. Why isn't plugging good for DPT? I'd love to find a better way to administer DPT HCl than snorting. I have some excellent harmine hcl sitting in my freezer, but that's gonna wait for another day.

I need to interject here just to balance out this thread which seems to have nothing
but positive reports of rectal dosing. IMO, rectal admin has few redeeming qualities.
For me effects consist of:

Increased body load
Uncomfortably fast come up
Higher peak, but shorter plateau

Since I find the plateau to be the useful part of a trip, I found rectal dosing to be a
much less useful way to administer a psychedelic drug. This could be changed if there
was repeated rectal dosing, but oral admin is much easier than repeated rectal.

If you look at the attached pic, you can get an idea of how IV has no plateau, IM or
rectal (similar) have a short "plateau", and oral has a long and steady plateau. This
is why I always go the oral route. I would try repeated IM administrations of smaller
doses if conserving material was the goal, butthis requires making sure everything is
sterile and can be more complicated than rectal.

Oh and one last thing ... rectal can be great for low dose or more recreational substances
where the plateau is not necessarily important.
I have found this with certain drugs, particularly the 2CTx's. They are very uncomfortable when plugged and honestly feel traumatic/borderline dangerous to the body when plugged in a single dose.

I found this was partially circumvented with breaking up the dose in a few small doses.