• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Guide to Rectal Administration (Plugging)

Every time I've plugged 2C's on an empty colon, it's burned like the fire of a thousand suns. Also, in my experience, nausea is not significantly reduced as compared to an equivalent oral dose, but I don't get that nauseated when I eat psychedelic phenethylamines, except at very high doses. Even though it's more economical to plug 2C's, I still prefer eating them.

On the other hand, I had great success plugging synthetic mescaline. The burning wasn't too bad, and a dose that would have been threshold orally (250-300 mg) instead induced a moderately intense trip.

On the other hand, I must second everybody who recommended plugging 4-HO- or 4-AcO- substituted tryptamines. As Xorkoth said, this halves the required dose, and the transition from sober to tripping is quick and smooth.

I'm at a loss, with the few chems outside of the norm I have tried, I'm curious to the difference in plugging to snorting. The plasma levels seem to be relatively similar, and aside from the pain in snorting, how is the experience different? I don't mind the pain from snorting if it works relatively well, I just have issues with the feeling that I have to take a shit, is there a noticable difference in the comeup and body load that makes plugging a guaranteed plus verses snorting the substance? I don't mind the pain at all in my nasal cavaties, if it works. I just have issues with squirting a liquid up my ass, if there is no real difference, then why make the difference? I know some substances are known to be difficult when insufflated, but seeming as how the plasma levels are basically the same with insufflation and plugging, how is one better than the other? Forgive my ignorance in the issue, but I am seriously wondering why one would do one over the other.

Zagenth said:
is there a noticable difference in the comeup and body load that makes plugging a guaranteed plus verses snorting the substance?

Nothing is guaranteed that is for sure!

The answer for me is clear and easy; yes, particularly with 2c-x chems. I used to snort them. I found it better than oral because the g-i stress was reduced. I would however, suffer rather strong muscle tremors from snorting, which also led to back pain, which reduced my ability or willingness to walk around, limiting my activity while tripping, like walking in the park or going to a gallery. With rectal admin, the tremors were significantly minimized, along with the other associated negative effects.

I also find the come up with rectal to be quite a bit less intense and rocky than snorting, and the duration is longer than snorting. I've found the oral duration to be too long, and the snorting duration to be too short. Rectal is just about right for me.

In sum, I prefer snorting to oral, but much prefer rectal to snorting. That said, everyone reacts differently. Give it a whirl and see how it works for you. The needing to crap thing is just not that bad. Unless you are extremely regular, it is a normal feeling that most people endure at least once a week I'm sure, and it fades fairly quickly.

Good luck! :D

Zagenth said:
The plasma levels seem to be relatively similar, and aside from the pain in snorting, how is the experience different?

They are relatively similar ... for a given chem pre-dissolved in H2O (assumed empty stomach, nasal cavity, or rectum), you have probably only 3-5 minutes until alerts from the nasal/rectal route, but 20-30 minutes for the oral route. Basically, for the former, you are applying the chemical directly to a mucous membrane through which it can be absorbed into the bloodstream. For oral admin, the drug usually has to pass through the esophagus and stomach before it can be absorbed in the small intestine. A few, like alcohol for example, can be directly absorbed in the stomach.

As to the reduced GI effects ... out of all my psychedelic experiences, I've only vomited once. It was 15 mg 2C-T-2 rectally! The peak was intense and came on fast, but the whole trip itself was not necessarily intense ... there was a very distinct peak followed by a quicker and much less useful descent. So at least for me, taking psychedelics orally seems to reduce nausea and vomiting as well as prolong the useful phase of a trip. I think nausea is actually caused by triggering centers in the brain and not anything in the GI tract itself.

Of course we are all affected differently. As 5-HT2's post reveals, some people find 2C phenethylamines to burn badly rectally, while others, like myself, find them to feel like nothing or almost nothing.

That in mind, my opinions on snorting vs. rectal are as follows. The dose seems quite similar for both. Snorting a chemical usually seems to make it come on a bit faster, but rectal is also quite fast. However, insufflation, for me, reduces the mental effects of almost all psychedelics and makes the body load worse. Also, the duration tends to be much shorter, around 2 times shorter or less than oral.

Rectal, on the other hand, provides a smooth come-up which is much quicker than oral. The overall duration is definitely decreased, but not nearly so much as with nasal administration. Most importantly, the quality of the trip seems more close to oral than nasal. I get trips of nearly the same quality with rectal administration, and in some cases, of higher quality (referring to overall effects, primarily mental). I do have to admit though that all of my very best trips have been oral doses. But that could easily have something to do with the fact that I used to only use oral administration, and I have used a lot of chemicals over the past year, which was also when I began using rectal administration.

What if someone LOVES the intense rapid oncome of snorting experiences? Like, LOVES the intense roller coastal ride up for visuals? If I enjoy the intense rocket ship of visuals, should I consider it a draw back? Just wondering...

Last edited:
rectal 2CD comes up EXTREMELY fast (5-12 mins). I couldn't imagine it coming up faster without it becoming out of control and very harsh feeling.

Snorting 2Cs is just horrible for your sinuses, I'd wager.

has anyone tried rectal ketamine? Erowid recommends the same dosage as for oral, but this seems to be one of the few drugs then that would require the same dosage rectally. I'm also wondering if anyone has tried LSD by this method. I'm very curious as to if there is any difference in dosage required or effects. If no one has I will certainly give it a go soon...

Last edited:
I tried a LSD once rectal. So far I have only had 2 LSD sessions in my life both with two tabs from the same sheet, so my experience doesn't have too much validity. I took one tab rectal and one oral. It felt much more powerful than my first experience with two tabs orals,felt like what I would imagine 3 tabs would have felt like. There is one report of or erowid of a person swearing it doubles potency as well as a thread on here that states the same. More research is needed.

Xorkoth, would this work with DMT freebase as well?

And cretination, I'm interested in both rectal and nasal DMT, but I figured nasal would require less dosage. What were your dosage levels with rectal DMT and how long did the trip last? I would MUCH rather try rectal than nasal if its comparable.

Xorkoth said:
Ximot, it's very easy to convert freebases to salts. I just put a few milliters of distilled H2O in a clean shot glass (well, like 5mL for AMT because it doesn't dissolve to a very high concentration and the whole point is for it to dissolve. Plus more water equals no burn I've discovered). It will float on the top and maybe sink a bit as you are familiar with. I then drop 2 drops of 30% HCl (muriatic acid) in the shot glass and stir vigorously for a minute or so.
Careful with the amount of HCl... I've found 2 drops to work well without leaving excess unreacted HCl in about 5mLs of water for doses from 30mg to 80mg, although with 30 and below I use about 1.5 drops if I can manage.

Much better to use acetic acid (distilled malt vinegar - the clear stuff) as it's less acidic (less burn if in excess) and acetate salts are usually as soluble as hydrochlorides, if not moreso. My AMT up the jacksy doses have all been with AMT acetate made in this way

has anyone tried rectal ketamine?

Yes, I had some vile tasting oral ketamine linctus that contained artificial lemon flavour. Rather than swallow it, I squirted it up the arse. Have to say that if the oral dosage chart on Erowid is correct, then rectal ketamine is slightly more potent than oral as it took about 300mg to hole as opposed to the 400-500mg stated on erowid for oral. Didn't relish the idea of all that suger soln going up my arse, but it was still preferable to drinking the fucking stuff (50mg/5ml meant I'd have to drink 50ml to get a full effect - my stomach turns at the very thought)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had limited success w/plugging Adderal. I wasn't quite ready to give up with the method, as I was fairly certain that it was me who was doing something wrong, not the process. (The process is always sound!)

Anyway, I plugged some 2C-E Saturday night, and had fantastic results. Here's what I did differently:

1) I made sure my colon was empty. Then I made sure again. My colon was empty. Catch my drift?

2) I used a rubber band on my syringe to mark how far I needed it to go up - I believe the expression is "2 Knuckles Deep" - well I measured it and made sure it went that far.

3) LOTS of lubrication! That allowed it to go the correct distance fairly comfortably. Don't skimp on it.

4) I lay* down for a little while to let it settle

Also, this time I had a definite sensation of having to poop again (as mentioned by many others) but never felt it so much before. So - it seems if you're doing it correctly you WILL feel like you have to go again. Don't worry, it's natural and will pass.

* I'm a nerd, but wasn't sure of the correct verb here - so I looked it up here.:

Lie means "to recline" or "be placed." It does not act on anything or anyone else. It is an intransitive verb.
Incorrect: Lay down on the couch.
Correct: Lie down on the couch.
(It is not being done to anything else.)

The reason lay and lie are confusing is their past tenses.
The past tense of lay is laid.
The past tense of lie is lay.

hey, I always administer then lay on my tummy for about 15 mins. Then stand up (depending on dosage this may not be in the cards) and feel the phenheadrush and then you're tripping (depending on the 2C).

I think laying on my stomach allows a quicker (and deeper) absorption. But I guess it really depends on individual physiology.

fastandbulbous said:
Much better to use acetic acid (distilled malt vinegar - the clear stuff) as it's less acidic (less burn if in excess) and acetate salts are usually as soluble as hydrochlorides, if not moreso. My AMT up the jacksy doses have all been with AMT acetate made in this way

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, HCl makes me a bit nervous and has burned me before (8o 8o). I'll have to try out acetic acid instead. Although I've discovered how to get the right amount of HCl in there for most cases, through trial and error.

Yippee Skippy said:
3) LOTS of lubrication! That allowed it to go the correct distance fairly comfortably. Don't skimp on it.

Absolutely. Just coat the damn thing with lubrication. Astroglide works well because it's so slippery. If you don't use enough lube, it will be uncomfortable and even painful/tearing. If you do, it's more comfortable than taking a shit, unless you have an unfortunately wide syringe. =D

I have to say that I had good results with 2c-b using a very large syringe, probably 50 cl, about two fingers thick. I only inserted about half an inch(the plastic tip of it), but then I lay with my legs up for about two minutes so my colon would be upside down. Seems to work very well.

yeah epicurus, sounds good. I usually lay on the carpet on my stomach and squirt it up there and then relax (still on stomach) for about 15 minutes. Then stand up and I am noticing something different is going on (first alerts).

samadhi: I've found 75mg of DMT sniffed is about equivalent to 50mg of DMT dissolved in warm milk up the back door.

CretiNation said:
samadhi: I've found 75mg of DMT sniffed is about equivalent to 50mg of DMT dissolved in warm milk up the back door.

Was this with DMT freebase, or did you convert to a salt before hand? Ive snorted DMT freebase in the past, and it was the most painfull, yet beautiful, experience of my life.

Does it burn like hell when plugged in this fashion?

I found 150mg sniffed to take me exactly where I wanted to go (besides the pain) so mabye 100mg plugged would be a good dose?

but then I lay with my legs up for about two minutes so my colon would be upside down. Seems to work very well.

If you stand up and liquids leak from your colon, losing a plugged dose of a drug is the least of your worries... (the sphincter should keep it watertight)

whoa, do you mean you can stuff dmt without an maoi and it is fully psychoactive?