• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

Wow, I just tried 200 mics (9 days after a 4g shroom trip) and I'm a huge fan of this substance. I don't have a lot of experience with many types of psychedelics (just shrooms + LSD) but have tripped many times.

To me, this is a whole different kind of trip then just LSD. With LSD I become very introspective about myself and just generally feel "emotionally happy", I did not have any of that with ETH-LAD. I loved the clearheadedness of ETH, I felt like I was ALWAYS in control of trip. The visuals were crazy. Compared to LSD the tracers were like 10x as potent with the tracers alternating between red and blue (but only very faintly). One thing that was kind of weird is that throughout the peak of my trip I didn't get a stimulating effect but rather I felt extremely relaxed and it felt like I had to force my eyes to stay open in order to watch TV. Of course, I obviously didn't fall asleep because of the stimulant nature but it was interesting which is kind of the opposite of what happens with LSD for me.

I know everyone's trip's are different, but for me personally this seems like a substance that would only be used for if you want to see some trippy visuals. I didn't get of the emotional "enhancements" or tactile enhancements that shrooms and LSD have given me. So in that sense I can't really say I like this or LSD or shrooms over the over as they each offer very distinct trips.

I have 300 mics left so I'm going to wait a few weeks and then go full bore and see how it goes.

Yeah, ETH feels like a nootropic version of LSD because you're lucid and in control. I also feel sedated on high doses of ETH.

I have 3mg of ETH-LAD well saved ...8)
I plan to try it at some point.

A couple of years ago I took 225ug of AL-LAD with my wife in the mountains of the Catalan Pyrenees and it was impressive. Pretty heavy visuals and deep introspection towards the end of the experience. It lasted about 8 hours.

How would you compare AL-LAD with ETH-LAD milligram per milligram?

DocLad

ETH-LAD is probably about 1/3 stronger. 100ug of ETH-LAD is as strong or stronger than 150ug of AL-LAD. The come-up is much more intense, and the visuals are more intense, but once it levels out I actually find ETH-LAD to be quite mentally clear, it reminds me of mescaline more than LSD, mentally that is. AL-LAD is more euphoric for sure, it's also more mentally loopy. I think out of LSD, AL-LAD and ETH-LAD, ETH-LAD is the strongest by weight, slightly more than LSD. However, LSD is the most powerful mentally in its effects.

I'd go so far as to say ETH-LAD is 50% stronger than AL-LAD, well from my limited experience anyways, and I'd agree that it's also slightly stronger than LSD - but always hard to compare because I've never been completely sure of the dosages with the acid.

All 3 of those lysergamides are so special and have really unique flavours - the most outstanding of the lysergamide series for sure IMO. Hopefully MIPLA will end up being up there too.

It's great to hear this, because I have Lsd, 1P-Lsd, Eth-Lad and Al-Lad in my magical hiding place. I go very slowly with the psychedelics, I would not like to prostitute them hahaha. 8)

Al-Lad seemed very strong at 225ug, but my tolerance is practically 0, and in fact, it is the only trip with lysergamide, apart from some experiments with LSA many years ago. If Eth-Lad is twice as strong ... fuck ... my children and my grandchildren will surely inherit part of my hiding place.

By the way, the only Polish provider I know who had MIPLA has disappeared. :p

DocLad

How would you compare AL-LAD with ETH-LAD milligram per milligram?
ETH-LAD feels stronger than AL-LAD and has a steeper dose/response curve.

300ug AL-LAD to start plus another 300ug at the peak was very manageable. No anxiety or psychedelic "weirdness", just a strong body/head buzz and visuals. I wasn't planning on doubling the dose, but I was in a very good mood and felt invincible at the time. In hindsight not the best idea, that's how accidents happen.

50ug ETH-LAD was enough to feel some mental effects wrt. evaluation of self along with wavy/undulating visuals, but a clear head. Another 50ug at the 4 hour mark and I was feeling very euphoric and slightly manic. A third 50ug dose at 8 hours was a bit of a waste and didn't add anything, but prolonged the experience. A follow-up test of 100ug gave a mild psychedelic feeling with faint colored halos around things.

100ug of ETH-LAD plus 150ug of AL-LAD felt unexpectedly strong, but not overpowering. Watery/swirling effects looking at tile, tingling/electric sensations, some jitters with an introspective headspace. Couldn't focus and read text on the computer screen. Had that mind wipe/blank feeling at the end like I had done a bunch of cocaine. Cutting the ETH-LAD in half produced a more relaxing experience.

After initial testing I thought I preferred ETH-LAD due to the euphoria/mania, but it's missing that dreamlike, trance state of 1P-LSD and LSD. I saved testing ETH-LAD until last since I had heard it was strong and I was a bit anxious. I thought 100ug was a solid dose, but it was nothing to worry about. That being said, there's no way I'd start with a 300ug dose, let alone add another 300ug at the peak.

I plan to take 100-150ug of Eth-Lad, it will be enough for my purposes.
A moderate trip with beautiful visuals and strange and interesting thoughts.

DocLad

Yeah 100-150ug is great. I took 300ug my first time because it was all I had and I had no idea if I'd be able to ever get more. It was very strong, but manageable. Of course I am kind of a hardhead.

Agreed that 100-150ug is great. 300ug broke my mind and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone but our most hardheaded companions, especially for a first dive in :)

If Eth-Lad is twice as strong ... fuck ... my children and my grandchildren will surely inherit part of my hiding place.

By the way, the only Polish provider I know who had MIPLA has disappeared. :p

Not twice as strong, but 50% as strong (by my reckoning) - so 225ug of AL-LAD should be somewhere around the potency of 150ug of ETH-LAD. Always hard to compare apple to oranges though of course, and I've never actually taken 225ug of AL-LAD to know for sure, so YMMV.

Bummer to hear the MIPLA provider has disappeared already. Hopefully it's centrally produced and will pop up elsewhere.

Some Bluelight users said that Al-Lad was not visual up to +300ug.
Then, when I went with my wife to the Catalan Pyrenees to travel, I told her that we should take at least 1 tablet and a half of 150ug to have an low/average trip.
Shit ... can it be that some people have weak eyelashes due to a poor synthesis or degradation?
The trip was amazing, even sometimes overwhelming and confusing. The wood melted as if it were water and our entire field of vision swirled into beautiful fractals. All matter vibrated with great intensity and the stars played in the sky. We had powerful mindfuck, in fact I became other people.
Very beautiful.8)

My tolerance was low but not non-existent, I have taken psychedelics for more than 10 years.

I remember that Shulgin said that Al-Lad would degrade even if it was stored in the sealed refrigerator and away from the light. I think those who claim that Al-Lad is not visual up to +300ug have a degraded or mis-dosed lot for some reason.

DocLad

Last edited:
I find AL-LAD pretty visual even at 150ug. It's not overt at that level, but strong visual enhancement and tracers, and the underlying fractal geometry becomes apparent. Delicious stuff!

Also, unpacked some last summer that had been stored for 3 years in the freezer, and no degradation was apparent. I presume ETH-LAD will store just as well.

My first time with ETH LAD, I dosed high, like 450 mics, since I like intense transcendent psychedelia. But even that was almost a little much for me. But manageable. My cousin had a bad time on 200 mics though, but he's not as experienced with psychedelics.

And ya I personally put ETH LAD at 1.5-2x the strength of LSD. That's just for my body and mind though

I take 100 ug and have a fulfilling trip most of the time.
I took 150 ug with some 3-MeO-PCP and was pretty intense but manageable and awesome.

Then took 150 again on its own and it bit my ass. It's weird to me how it can be so clearheaded but at the same time overwhelming and challenging. Still one of my favorite psychedelics, I think I have got a lot from my lower dosages. Even 50 ug gave me an awesome trip. Not too intense, but it was the right set and setting I guess and I had a very healing and important trip.

I take 100 ug and have a fulfilling trip most of the time.
I took 150 ug with some 3-MeO-PCP and was pretty intense but manageable and awesome.

Then took 150 again on its own and it bit my ass. It's weird to me how it can be so clearheaded but at the same time overwhelming and challenging. Still one of my favorite psychedelics, I think I have got a lot from my lower dosages. Even 50 ug gave me an awesome trip. Not too intense, but it was the right set and setting I guess and I had a very healing and important trip.

Interesting.

What dose did you use of 3-meo-pcp? With what purpose? This add some interesting nuances to the trip?
I know that many people take Ketamine to enhance psychedelics or empatogens, but it is short-lived and 3-meo-pcp is a very different beast.

I am very interested in reading more.

DocLad

3-MeO-PCP is a great psychedelic enhancer, especially lysergamides. I've had 250ug ALD-52 trips that were less intense/profound than a ~65ug trip that I stacked on top of 5mg of 3-MeO-PCP. It seemed like just a really strong and engrossing ALD-52 trip, rather than a disso/psychedelic combo.

3-MeO-PCP is a great psychedelic enhancer, especially lysergamides. I've had 250ug ALD-52 trips that were less intense/profound than a ~65ug trip that I stacked on top of 5mg of 3-MeO-PCP. It seemed like just a really strong and engrossing ALD-52 trip, rather than a disso/psychedelic combo.

You mean you barely feel the dissociative effects of 3-meo-pcp?

DocLad

IME, adding dissos to psychedelics add a more euphoric body high, a definitively present manic edge (Be careful with that!), and specially, a significant potentiation.

I like how 3-MeO-PCP, specially, affects lysergamides. It has been consistently very euphoric for me, and music enhancement has gone through the roof... I've comboed it with LSD/1P-LSD, ETH-LAD and AL-LAD, every time with fantastic results.

You have to be careful not to dose too high. As you said, KET on psychedelics can get intense but it's short lived. With 3-MeO youll be feeling its influence on your whole trip. I like to dose the 3-MeO-PCP at least 2 hours before taking the lysergamide. It has awesome synergy taken that way, but as you said the focus (For me at least) is to barely feel the dissociative effect. I remember one time I took around 25 mg MXE + 15 mg 4-ACO-DMT and had a pretty hectic trip, I was feeling manic and very scattered brain, ended up going to a nearby park and making a fool of myself in public, rolling on the grass, walking pretty funny, generally don't giving a fuck.

So be sure to keep the dissociative dose low enough, 5, or even 3 mg of 3-MeO-PCP has been enough for me to potentiate lysergamides in a very satisfying way.

IME, adding dissos to psychedelics add a more euphoric body high, a definitively present manic edge (Be careful with that!), and specially, a significant potentiation.

I like how 3-MeO-PCP, specially, affects lysergamides. It has been consistently very euphoric for me, and music enhancement has gone through the roof... I've comboed it with LSD/1P-LSD, ETH-LAD and AL-LAD, every time with fantastic results.

You have to be careful not to dose too high. As you said, KET on psychedelics can get intense but it's short lived. With 3-MeO youll be feeling its influence on your whole trip. I like to dose the 3-MeO-PCP at least 2 hours before taking the lysergamide. It has awesome synergy taken that way, but as you said the focus (For me at least) is to barely feel the dissociative effect. I remember one time I took around 25 mg MXE + 15 mg 4-ACO-DMT and had a pretty hectic trip, I was feeling manic and very scattered brain, ended up going to a nearby park and making a fool of myself in public, rolling on the grass, walking pretty funny, generally don't giving a fuck.

So be sure to keep the dissociative dose low enough, 5, or even 3 mg of 3-MeO-PCP has been enough for me to potentiate lysergamides in a very satisfying way.

I understand that this dose of 3-meo-pcp (5mg) is more stimulants than dissociatives. In this way the added stimulation/euphoria would be caused by Inhibition of Dopamine/Serotonin reuptake (3-meo-pcp if I remember correctly is SSRI) and not so much by NMDA Antagonism.

It is certainly interesting. In fact for me psychedelics are usually quite sedative. I usually lie on the deck chair/bed for hours while my wife often dances and plays with our cats around the house.
I would like to be stimulated and if I can also increase the euphoria better.

I guess you have to dose very carefully due to the power of 3-meo-pcp. Going overboard would be easy enough. The same applies to Cannabinoids in my experience. I vaporized Ab-Pinaca at the end of a 6-apb trip because I was in a very good mood and looked for some fun. Holy God...it was tremendously psychedelic.8o A single puff makes the difference.

DocLad

Last edited:
I'd go so far as to say ETH-LAD is 50% stronger than AL-LAD, well from my limited experience anyways, and I'd agree that it's also slightly stronger than LSD - but always hard to compare because I've never been completely sure of the dosages with the acid.

All 3 of those lysergamides are so special and have really unique flavours - the most outstanding of the lysergamide series for sure IMO. Hopefully MIPLA will end up being up there too.

Did you try ald-52? I'm a bit surprised for the little volume of mentions/popularity of It, as "full psychedelic" is my favorite above of lsd, for my retain all the deepness and power of this but with less side effects profile, more grounded and relaxed