• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

I suspect one of the reasons for perceived unpopularity of ALD-52 is that they stopped synthesizing it for some reason (yield problems I think?).

A couple of years ago I took 225ug of AL-LAD with my wife in the mountains of the Catalan Pyrenees and it was impressive. Pretty heavy visuals and deep introspection towards the end of the experience. It lasted about 8 hours.

How would you compare AL-LAD with ETH-LAD milligram per milligram?

I'd say ETH-LAD is 50-100% stronger than AL-LAD.

The thing to remember about ETH-LAD is that it has a steep dose-response-curve.
At around 100 micrograms, it is a visual experience of stunning beauty, with a clear headspace and relatively little bodyload, although some people experience mild to moderate nausea and an increased frequency of urination. At >200 micrograms, you can expect massive thought loops and a barrage of memories and ideas trying to batter down the core of your psyche.

In both dose ranges, ETH-LAD is an amazing experience, although a high-dose trip is naturally far less forgiving if something goes wrong. Someone on Reddit likened a 300 microgram experience to "getting curbstomped by god for 6 hours straight".

I suspect one of the reasons for perceived unpopularity of ALD-52 is that they stopped synthesizing it for some reason (yield problems I think?).
I've heard this for multiple reasons (yield problems, cost compared to its precursor) but I believe it's still being synthesized by main suppliers, I think theres still plenty to go around if you're willing to dig

I don't know why, but they are going to discontinue production of it. Also ETH-LAD and AL-LAD. Some other novel lysergamides will take their place.

You can still find ALD-52 if you look around though. But it's time to stock up, if you really liked it.

The reason I read was that they no longer work with a lab that's licensed to handle LSD, which is necessary for making ETH-LAD and AL-LAD. The synthesis for 1P-LSD on the other hand doesn't require LSD. Not sure what the deal is with 1A.

The synthesis of ETH-LAD and AL-LAD doesn't really require LSD as the precursor, the syntheses from TiHKAL do use LSD as the precursor and it's the quickest way if LSD is directly available, but the sequence of reactions leading from LSD to ETH-LAD or AL-LAD could be performed on some other precursor so that at no point during the synthesis one handles LSD, certainly it's more of a fuss. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to go into more detail so I won't, but similarly to synthesize 1P-LSD or ALD-52 one may or may not handle LSD. The problem is precursors are controlled too.

I recommend digging this one out if any in your stash, it is a welcome treat.
(my use is 25mics, excellent enhancement and afterglow)

Are there any empirical findings about the shelf life of the compound yet? I still have a not insignificant quantity in the original black foil ziplock baggie it was shipped to me, and I'd say I ordered it around mid 2016. It's been sitting in the back of my closet for the entire time, free from light and moisture, at a constant 65 degrees or so. Last I've sampled it was towards the end of 2016 and it seemed fine. I like this material so much that I'd like to stock up some more, but if it's not a keeper then I'd rather just be left with what I already have.

Some of you must have some stashed away and dipped into over the years, what's the opinion?

Well I can say that after 2+ years, stored in a jar in the dark in a closet at room temperature, my ETH-LAD blotters are slightly gray, and my AL-LAD blotters are slightly more gray. I haven't tried one since noticing that but I have heard numerous anecdotes that when they turn gray they still work fine. Still, I bought myself a vacuum sealer and sealed them up and put them in the freezer.

I tried some last solstice and they worked just fine. Stored in original bags at room temp since 2016, but I imagine they would last longer frozen if they didn't go through many defrost cycles where they pick up moisture.

Yeah I never keep blotters in the freezer or fridge, except the ones I vacuum sealed I do since moisture won't get in there (I don't think anyway someone please correct me if I'm mistaken there and I'll bring them back out of the freezer).

Thank you for the first hand experiences, from what I hear they should keep just as well as regular LSD then. I've personally had LSD that was 8+ years old and stored correctly, without any appreciable loss of activity.

Shadowmeister, as far as moisture in vac sealed bags goes, here's what I understand. After taking the vacuum sealed bags out of the freezer, let them return to room temperature before opening them up. There's no moisture inside the bag and they're air tight, so there should be no way for condensation to form. However, if you decide to crack open the ice cold bag right away, air obviously gets in and condensation can form on your product.

Has there been a new batch of ETH-LAD synthed? I just checked in with one of my favourite vendors and noticed that there are vast quantities of ETH-LAD available again. Amazing! I thought they were phasing out production of this one. Definitely one of the finest and most interesting psychedelics out there.

Has there been a new batch of ETH-LAD synthed? I just checked in with one of my favourite vendors and noticed that there are vast quantities of ETH-LAD available again. Amazing! I thought they were phasing out production of this one. Definitely one of the finest and most interesting psychedelics out there.
Ive noticed a new surge hitting some of the clearnet vendors as well, hopefully this beautiful chemical stays around awhile longer!

It is a gem. I've had a couple of unexpectedly intense experiences with this one, but all in all I think this one is for sure one of my favorite substances.

Dosed 330ug eth-lad years ago, completely shattered my reality leading to experiences of rebirth ego death and travelling the infinite multiverse for 6 hours during the peak

I got a few 100ug hits of this, got it as a sample when i bought some ald52 a few years ago.
I usually enjoy lsd in the 2-400ug range with some no2 and cannabis.
I found ald52 quite nice at 200ug, what would a decently strong dose of eth be for someone with my mileage?

I find 100 ug of ETH-LAD a nice but mild trip, but 150 ug gets pretty intense. I found it maybe stronger than 200 ug of ALD-52.
The dose-response curve seems to be pretty steep. I wouldn't take more than 150 for your first time.
Another thing to consider is that some people get some body-load in high doses of this one. For me it manifests as come-up nausea, but usually when the peak hits its ok.

I second that - 150ug is plenty for a first excursion on this. ETH-LAD is a powerhouse. I'd put 150ug of ETH-LAD around equipotent with 200-250ug of LSD (and LSD is probably about the same potency as ALD-52, but I've never tried ALD-52 to vouch for that personally)