• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

With many people reporting a wide range of dosages needed to trip properly from AL-LAD, I thought I might be one of the people who need an unusually high dose to get worthwhile effects.

ETH-LAD seemed much more consistent (all reports I've read suggest 150-200ug is a good solid trip), and was said to be fairly different from AL-LAD, and so I thought I'd be in good shape with that dose.

But yeah, it was the same underwhelming, light effects I had from AL-LAD, except with a physically much rougher ride to the peak. I've never tried LSD itself so I have no reference point for what to expect.

I do get consistently amazing, beautiful experiences with metocin, so I'll probably check out 4-AcO-DMT for the more challenging, introspective trip I was looking for in ETH-LAD.
Most "introspectively challenging" tryptamine is DPT for me.

You mean Diphenidine?
That one's presumably short for "1,2-DIPHENylethylpiperIDINE".
Makes sense IMO.
Where's the ethyl?

Amphetamine <- Alpha-Methyl-PHenylEThylAMINE
Diphenidine <- DIPHenylEThylpiperIDINE

Makes much more sense if you ask me. You don't need four letters to express that there is a phenyl group in the molecule. Dipheteridine would be even better imho. It points out both the substance being a piperidine and the benzol rings being attached to an ethyl group.
Who knows when we are gonna see more phenylpropylamines pop up - possibly even monoaminernergic ones? I can't think of any psychoactive PPrA's other than Methadone, but what many people don't seem to realize is that we are going to see thousands of novel recreational drugs surface in the time to come. We need a way to accurately communicate which ones we are referring to without causing ambiguities. Wikipedia lists the following acronyms for said substance: 1,2-DEP, DPD, DND... Seriously?!
I don't think this should be discussed much further in this thread though. If I wasn''t such a lazy self-serving fuck I would've probably started a thread about this whole issue a long time ago.

Last edited:
First off I understand how different the psychedelic experience can be from person to person.

So my second experience with eth-lad and I have to say its average. I have dosed 100 and 125ug so far, I don't think pushing this chemical over 150ug would be any good. Sorry but I've read in this thread its almost indistinguishable between LSD, I say "no fucking way".

I found the timeline from dosing to baseline is 5 hours, definently 5 and a half hours being super sure. At 125ug dosed at 7pm, I was asleep at 12:45am.

The tingling and coldness in the extremities noticed from about 25 minutes in is the first giveaway, LSD gives me a comfortable tingle from head to toe, ETH was just uncomfortable.

Another big thing is the dominance of red and purple in cev's, not the full spectrum wonder of LSD.

The biggest giveaway is the headspace, I mean for beginners it would be OK but I found a complete lack of inner dialogue to the point were I was practically in an emotionless state of, I don't really know how to put it, maybe jelly brain is a good description.

So on its own eth-lad is average, a decent hit of uncomfortable bodyload, pretty strong open and closed eye visuals and a really short lived duration, by three hours things were winding down.

In my eyes, out of the current rc lysergamides, go the 1p-lsd, a much more solid experience that's more comfortable, longer duration and pretty much on par visuals.

Oh, I get about just as uncomfortable (anxious) during the come-up with LSD as ETH-LAD... AL-LAD is milder but it's milder all-around...

With ETH-LAD i do get what I describe as serious ADD which pretty much makes it impossible to hang on to a thought, but I have so much fun nonetheless and I thoroughly enjoy the general feeling. Also the sensory/bodily feeling is very distorting and ruins my ability to function but is somehow so delicious that I rate it above other experiences and this is from iirc 3 ETH-LAD trips which were pretty consistent.

I guess I would prefer such feelings over just boringly diverting from baseline in a gentle way. And my ETH-LAD trips did lead to novel insights although usually about fucked up thought patterns and what I imagine getting demented to be like yet in a playful way. These are not the best elements to be in play, but my trips were somehow the best-minded ways to deal with these themes which turned out to be remarkable. I can imagine though that for someone who can't appreciate these interesting aspects it would be mostly detrimental cognitively like some dissociatives might be.

The extra difficulty eth-lad brings to the lysergic experience is basicly why it is my favourite lysergamide so far. I mean, al-lad is fucking boring and lackluster, as low doses of lsd are too. The trips I remember, and the ones that bring insight to my life are the difficult ones. If I want recreation I would take whatever drug but not a psychedelic.

There certainly is a level at which AL-LAD becomes more active than that lacklushness, and positively sparkly but it's more goofy than that sharpness of drugs like LSD and LSZ... it is just not economical at all to do that, it takes a lot of product.

Would you not appreciate the recreation 4-HO-MET offers over psilocin? That is more of an extreme example maybe because of how psychedelic 4-HO-MET can be without being threatening, but the principle serves my point.

I actually don't think that ETH-LAD is difficult or challenging because of those painfully profound sorts of psychedelia but for me it is rather about how much it scrambles my brain. I think that like with empathogenic stimulants it is rather a beautiful balance that seals a deal, but for psychedelics it would be that "sparkle", rejuvinating life in goofy ways plus that life-and-death-relativating profundity plus some mental and sensorical scrambling.
IMO ETH-LAD just has a really pleasant balance between all those, I remember a lot of but don't necessarily appreciate all difficult ones. Like DPT, profounder than fuck, but not evenly balanced at all.

People are interesting in psychedelics for different reasons though... opinions vary and mileage does also (although it's worth noting that the imperial system is retarded).

Last edited:
Of course I prefer 4-ho-met over 4-aco-dmt, beeing the later more suited for proper self analysis, but 4-ho-met is a very good tool for that, it also brings interesting thoughts along with the cool body high and visuals. Psychedelics like al-lad or 2c-b on the other end are enjoyable but have got a very sober headspace so I usually go with low dose dissos for recreation and add a psychedelic once a month for working over my life problems.

You and I might also just be tolerant at this point so quite a bit harder to really get there but don't outright reject the possibility that these milder more sober drugs still can have marvellous potential. I've had experiences with 2C-B when i was a real noob where I just burst into tears looking at a tree, the aesthetic qualities rivaled mescaline's. And I had deep and personal discussions that were really special, although not as great as 2C-T-7's which has probably helped me to feel more connected to someone through truly special, personal and candid talks than anything else.
I think AL-LAD can be on par with something like that or rather 4-HO-MET, not that empathogenic stuff so much obviously, but it takes a lot of material and/or low tolerance or your odds of that happening just aren't too great. Nevertheless I have been a big fan of AL-LAD before for a reason.

Anyway back to ETH-LAD, that still takes the cake. Please "god" let them just find ways to design enzymes using learning neural networks which can just turn METH-LAD into ETH-LAD without a hiccup. Or even COVFETH-LAD...

Of course tolerance and experience have got everything to do with the matter. When you have tripped the fuck out of LSD, DOC, all the 2C's and the ocasional trip of tryptamines for years weekly you have fucked up your psychedelic tolerance and "woah" factor for real. I don't see AL-LAD, DOx or 2C-x's worthing it nowadays just because of tolerance, needing to up the dose so high that the bodyload gets very unconfortable to enjoy the experience. I still have got some AL-LAD left on my stash so I'll for sure try it at maybe 500ug with a low dose of a disso and I know I'll love it.

I still can enjoy my tryptamines at reasonable doses, and more than 300ug of LSD/1P-LSD/ALD-52/ETH-LAD are hard but enjoyable experiences.

About ETH-LAD itself, it's the only lysergamide worth buying if you already have got access to good old cheap LSD (not that hard nowadays beeing a bit smart and with an internet connection!). Potent stuff very different than LSD itself, tried it in different dosages and many times and loved it everyone, never experienced any of those bad side effects some people report.

I personally find AL-LAD and the 2Cs to be worth it still, just not as hard-hitting. Sometimes I really enjoy a nice euphoric social trip (actually usually when I trip these days I want it to be social and euphoric). Wouldn't take most of them for serious introspection though, except 2C-E, that stuff is one of the most special and powerful psychedelics I've ever encountered. Gonna try it again sometime soon. Recently I've taken 2C-C and had a really beautiful bonding night with my girl that was just absolutely lovely, I was so filled with love and felt so god damn good. I took it another time recently and had a pretty profound musical experience too. I've been going down to around twice monthly though for a good while, so my tolerance is actually pretty much gone although I still have a permanent higher baseline because I've tripped so much, it just doesn't throw me off like it used to.

LSD really is something special though, as is ETH-LAD, no doubt. :) I just like so many of them. AMT is also really special, IMO.

Anyway back to ETH-LAD, that still takes the cake. Please "god" let them just find ways to design enzymes using learning neural networks which can just turn METH-LAD into ETH-LAD without a hiccup. Or even COVFETH-LAD...

COVFETH-LAD? Fake news. Sad!

Yes I love your enzymes discovered through neural nets, very Sci-fi. I will also pray to "god" for that. Also enzymes to give us PRO-LAD, PARGY-LAD .. what other 6-subs are compelling? MAL-LAD? FLOURO-METH-LAD? I can't remember what's possible anymore.

Out of the popular lysergamides out on the market currently that I have tried,(Al-LAD, Ald-52, and 1p) I have to say I have zero complaints about any of them. They are all unique and awesome to me in the effects they produce. Having taken 100+ trips on LSD-25 over the span of around 12 years to compare, I find the headspace and overall experience quite fulfilling and easier to navigate on every one of them. All of my lysergamides come from the same source, so perhaps that has something to do with it? I dont know. The effects feel very clean to me. I find it confusing that anyone with a love for LSD-25 could not get a lot out of or appreciate these drugs.

I go for tryptamines if I am looking for a more introspective/spiritual journey. 4-HO-MET, DPT, and 4-AcO-DMT are stand outs. Lysergamides are just fun, with LSD-25 still being the reigning king of psychedelics imo. With that being said, I have still had my most difficult trips on 25, but learned the most from them.

ETH-LAD is the last lysergamide in my arsenal I have yet to dive into, but am really looking forward to it.

COVFETH-LAD? Fake news. Sad!
Make eth-lad great again and make them (whoever them is) pay for it!

Out of the popular lysergamides out on the market currently that I have tried,(Al-LAD, Ald-52, and 1p) I have to say I have zero complaints about any of them. They are all unique and awesome to me in the effects they produce. Having taken 100+ trips on LSD-25 over the span of around 12 years to compare, I find the headspace and overall experience quite fulfilling and easier to navigate on every one of them. All of my lysergamides come from the same source, so perhaps that has something to do with it? I dont know. The effects feel very clean to me. I find it confusing that anyone with a love for LSD-25 could not get a lot out of or appreciate these drugs.

I go for tryptamines if I am looking for a more introspective/spiritual journey. 4-HO-MET, DPT, and 4-AcO-DMT are stand outs. Lysergamides are just fun, with LSD-25 still being the reigning king of psychedelics imo. With that being said, I have still had my most difficult trips on 25, but learned the most from them.

ETH-LAD is the last lysergamide in my arsenal I have yet to dive into, but am really looking forward to it.
Some people get really bad bodyload from it (although some of the recent news about it is pure scaremongering), but assuming you don't you'll have a blast. If you find that you do like it try 1 tab eth-lad + 1 tab lsd (or ald-52/1p-lsd) next time.. maybe 2 tabs each if you are crazy anything more is just too strong and a waste. Gives the best of both, is by some miracle more potent than an equal dose of either and you use less of the ever rarer eth-lad. Finally if you are into dissos this + a disso or two is even better (especially if you hole during the peak) but get's pretty fucking wild and intense.

Btw, if anyone has done eth-lad + lsd/ald-52/1p-lsd + al-lad or eth-lad + al-lad how is that like? Does the al-lad add anything meaningful or is it just a waste? What's the best way to dose so that the peaks line up?

^
combos - if you search the thread, someone mentions doing the AL-LAD + ETH-LAD combo a few times, sounds interesting.

As for bodyload, the first time I tried ETH-LAD I was groggy and felt a small hint of nausea for the first 2 hours following ingestion.
A year later I took the same dose (125 µg) and noticed no negative physical effects whatsoever, as clean as the best LSD can be. I was reading a book during the entire come up phase, and it just sort of snuck up on me.

well this is what I do when I have to go to dinner with 4 ladies one of which is my wife.
I got in a lot of trouble last week for staring at a woman when I used more. It was interpreted "erroneously" as flirting.
but she was really interesting.

>combos - if you search the thread, someone mentions doing the AL-LAD + ETH-LAD combo a few times, sounds interesting.

thanks, I know that ald-52 + eth-lad (and + dissos if you're into that) is beyond awesome, guess I'll have to add al-lad to that while I still can

and as for bodyload while I don't really get it from eth-lad I do get it from some other psys (2c-e is really nasty in this regard) but adding some dissos makes it go away (or makes me not care, idk :) )