• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

@tantric: Thanks for the info! Do you feel any effects from your daily dose after all this time?

@kyle1: Glad to hear your last trip worked out so well! DXM does work as an antidepressant, but I find that it wears off too quickly. A few above-baseline happy days is usually enough to integrate myself back into everyday life, though :)

the 8/o (without the slash) smiley has been confusing DXM discussion for ages lol

These RealD 3D glasses helped me TONS during my trip last night.

reald-3d-glasses.jpg

No clue why, but I pulled them on during my trip last night (had them laying around because I'd just seen the Hobbit), and they really helped some with my double vision problem. Someone else should try it out.

reald-3d-glasses.jpg

No clue why, but I pulled them on during my trip last night (had them laying around because I'd just seen the Hobbit), and they really helped some with my double vision problem. Someone else should try it out.

Haha, that's hilarious :D I tried that same thing using a pair of old beater glasses once, but it didn't help one iota.

Back when I was using DXM 2x/week my eyes stopped crossing involuntarily even on the higher plateaus, but now that side effect has returned. That's okay though, my best trips are always had laying down with eyes closed anyway %)

I have several unanswered questions on DXM. if anyone could contribute to answering them it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Well, as for the nausea, try obtaining a purer form of DXM. No matter what people say, you can still get pure DXM HBr online. If you can't find any, try an extraction. Heck, even DXM polistirex is worth the trip, and extracting it is super easy to do.

Synthetic cannabinoids are still available, and shouldn't show up on any drug test (don't take my word for this; do your research, man!)

Diphenhydramine should still help with the itching, even if you have abused it in the past. Never got the robo itch myself, but I'm sure there are plenty of things you can do to alleviate it (hot shower, rolling on the carpet, etc.).

You should read through the DXM FAQ if you haven't done so already. Even though much of its information is outdated (esp. concerning DXM's neurotoxicity [or lack thereof]), it's still a useful resource.

reald-3d-glasses.jpg

I have that exact pair of glasses, infact i stuck em on while on 2ce just for fun, not to help double vision, just because i was messing with my friend and trying to look silly last week XD

About to trip on massive dose of DXM- Need replies

Hey guys I am well experienced with dxm and attempting to reach fourth plateu tonight. I really need some advice on what im about to go through and more importantly HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?

I just finished taking 1200mg robogels. I plan to just lay down and listen to trance music but i must be able to function on some level in about 9 hours at school. We will just be hanging out and watching movies all day. Will i be able to walk and talk? Im a little worried. I have somewhat of a tolerance. 3 days ago i took 600mg for the first time in 2 months. Then the next day i took 900mgs now i am taking a massive 1200mgs and just need to be prepared for whatevers coming to me. It should be kicking in soon so replies would be great while i can read them lol

You'll probably be fucked up for at least 6 hours, and high for 12 hours or more, congratulations on planning ahead.

I don't know, will you?

Taking ridiculous amounts of DXM multiple days in a row means you probably have tolerance of some sort developed, but at the same time DXM can have a long duration when you take whopping big doses. The half life can be up to 4 hours, so after 12 hrs you will still have anywhere from 50 to 150 mg DXM in you... (plus metabolite DXO)

If you need to function why did you take such a humongous dose?

If you are familiar with the effects already why do you ask? You would know that walking may very well be impossible - I would probably be immobilized by that dose, not sure what kind of tolerance you need to overcome that. If you can walk, you will probably look like a robotic Pinocchio. Talking and functioning: again, this dose just seems too high to really pull it off. Although if you passed the peak, the effect may be wearing down. Who knows what you will be capable of then, I doubt anyone can answer that for you.

Think before you act next time, learn a lesson from this... about consequences and impulsive behavior.

At what kind of school is there only hanging out and watching movies? Special low key day before the holidays? By then you probably will feel if you are up to it or not. You'd better come to terms with the possibility that you might have to skip that... or if you absolutely cannot, just accept that you will try and do whatever you can and whatever it takes to make it work. Now surrender to the experience and see later about the rest. Otherwise not only will you have to face up to the aftermath but also get a shitty anxious worrisome trip.

I actually used to robotrip a few times at school during the high school time, but again i mostly went for 1st or low 2nd plateau dose so i was mostly functional.
The problem is that everybody saw i was high as hell so it was not a really smart idea, you probably will be come down to that level, but if you dont want others to see you are strange/high definitely avoid to do it or use a MUCH LOWER dose.

I have trouble sometimes distinguish different plateaus of DXM, i never used doses big as yours so maybe i never went beyond low 3rd plateau level. I am a pretty skinny guy so i should be more sensitive to lower doses, but actually i always found myself functional and able to walk and do things while pretty mentally dissociated when others at the same dose where totally incapacitated, i dunno if and how much tolerance did play a role so the whole thing of the high DXM plateaus division confuses me.

Anyway i would strongly suggest you not to trip tonight and save you drugs for better times!

Maybe somebody can help shed some light on something that happened to me two days ago...

I've been taking roughly 60 mg pure DXM HBr diluted in water every two-three days for a couple of weeks now, mainly for depression. It's been helping. Two of these times I took 125 mg without any undesirable effects.

So two days back, I had a morning dose of 60 mg and was quite happy and stimulated all day long, the usual effects in other words. Feeling as good as I was, I decided it was time to try a higher dose, something I've been planning for a while but never got around to thanks to non-optimal conditions. At 8:00 pm I dosed myself with 250 mg right before a meal. By 9:00 pm this second dose was coming up fast (right on time).

But this time the high wasn't good. It was dysphoric, my emotions were severely blunted, there were very few visuals, and my imagination was hardly enhanced compared to previous trips. I've had similar effects from syrup in the past, but never to this degree of unpleasantness :p On the plus side, I felt more dissociated from my body than normal. I was barely receiving input from my limbs.

There are only two factors I can think of that would cause this sort of reaction: 1) this was my fist time using pure DXM powder at this dosage; 2) I took a small amount of DXM earlier in the day. So I can only figure that it had something to do with the DXM/DXO balance of the high.

Theoretically, my initial 60 mg dose might have used up enzymes needed to break the DXM down into DXO, thus resulting in a higher DXM/DXO ratio, right? Does this account for the effects I experienced? If not, how might I prevent this from occurring again (aside from not doing DXM)? I don't have any PEG laying around, so could I prepare my gut with glycerine or something to help aid absorption?

/\ yeah, tnw, I'll be trying that but at a more reasonable dosage, as DXM's effects are too extreme for heavy treading.

Having taste-tested the pure stuff for awhile, I must say unadulterated DXM powder is absorbed rather slowly. Pretty much like (Robitussin+Delsym)/2 in terms of active length. So taking it with a shot of liquor is probably the way to go (besides, a little pre-trip buzz probably wouldn't hurt :) ).

^^ yeah, the difference is pretty astonishing when i use alcohol to aid in the absorption of powder. i always drink a beer or two, a shot should work just as well tho. without alcohol powder takes like 1-2 hours at least for me to feel effects.... with alcohol its like 20-40 minutes.

the little bit of a buzz definitely helps the comeup jitters too.

don't over do it tho, of course. the few times that i've drank too much alcohol with my dxm it was very unpleasant.

15:04 GMT About to take 150mg of DXM first time. Will report back on how it goes.

15:28 Got the 10 gel caps down, 3 every 5 mins or so to avoid too much nausea, as i heard that it can cause nausea.

15:56 Whoa, stomach feels like it's rolling, but no nausea. Starting to feel pretty good, like a low-dose ketamine line or so.

16:36 Okay so it has been an hour, just went and smoked a bowl and feel pretty out of it, but all signs of nausea are gone, no discomfort in stomach. all around good so far.

Last edited: