• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

We don't allow live trip reports here phenethylamine420, but you're welcome to write one as you go and then post it when you finish. Also, please use the edit button at the bottom of each post instead of posting repeatedly :)

Here is a tip for DXM nausea.
Get yourself some scopolamine aka hyoscine, not only does it stop nausea, it stops you getting the runs from the syrup.
You can find it in travel sickness medication (travacalm H.O in AU)(joy rides in the UK) in the US it's not OTC, but i doubt it would be hard to get the scopolamine patches prescribed to you.
It's best to take it when you start feeling the DXM, dose needed is half a mg, so like two tablets or half a patch.

I'm a near daily abuser of 3mg/kg to 9mg/kg on average. So when I stop using for a day or more, I start this thing where I cry randomly at past memories, or cry at things that are slightly sad. I blame the DXM comedown/pseudowithdrawal, but has anyone else had a similiar experience?

Sorry to hear about that, lazydullard :(

I've never experienced crying or anything of the sort after coming off DXM, but then again I don't take high doses everyday (more like 63 mg every two-four days). High doses are more likely to make me feel emotionless, especially when taking pure HBr without all that PEG and shit. In fact, last time I took a large amount of DXM, my emotions were so eroded I felt like I imagine a sociopath might feel like. Spooky to say the least, and not getting to sleep until the wee hours didn't help.

Try tapering down your dose next time; maybe it won't be so rough. Good luck; I wish you the best <3

Check the first post of this very thread for the information that you seek.

so i asked this like a year ago but the only person that answered kinda just drifted off topic. has anyone else noticed muscle loss with occasional dxm use? and if so, do you think theres a difference between extracted dxm and just pure dxm cough syrup (such as robitussin long acting cough) in terms of whether muscle loss occured with just one or the other? it seems like it might have something to do with the sweeteners or other inactive ingredients from syrup in recreational amounts but it seemed like i still lost a good amount of weight doing extracted dxm polystirex (delsym water extraction). might just be from some kind of musclular water loss that lasts a couple days after use, it does kinda dehydrate the shit out of your body.

btw took couple month break from dxm after the binge that i wrote about a year ago. now i use it once every month or two without any aparent ill effects. i know that the binge did do damage to my body but not nearly as extensive as youd think. i know that i noticed alot more cognative damage from a week on speed (one or two good recreational doses of pharmacutical dex in the mornings with around 6 hours sleep a night) than i did with a 6 week binge of tussin everyday. my mental state was obviously fucked but i rebounded back in a good week or two. only (possible) lasting damage is that when i smoke too much weed i hallucinate pretty intensely but im honestly not even sure thats from the dxm binge

excessive DXM use can cause Rhabdomyolysis. the artificial sweeteners and other junk in cough syrup probably don't help.

supplementing with Coenzyme Q10 can help prevent Rhabdomyolysis

So, I've robotripped several times, but it's been something close to five years. I did my research back then, and I'm doing more now. I only use products that have DXM as their sole active ingredient, and due to an unfortunate orange-flavored experience I will only use those little cough gels now - perhaps later I'll try an extraction, but for now I'm trying to keep things simple for myself.

I have a general plan, and would appreciate some input...

* I'm going to start with ~150 mg, then either wait til another day or take another 150mg (perhaps split into smaller amounts). I weigh 135 lbs/60kg, and while I've taken 300+ mg all at once before, I know I'm sensitive to it and want to see how my brain reacts to it now. From what I understand, my past trips had me floating somewhere between a high-2nd and low-3rd plateau. I have no intentions to go any further this time around.
*I remember seeing a suggestion in one of these threads that when using the gels it's best to poke them to help with a more evenly timed release? Is the DXM partially "infused" in the gelatin, or could it be possible for me to like...drain the contents out? Sorry I can't word that in a more sophisticated way...
*I've been using meth close to daily for the past 4 months or so. I know I ought to take time off and recharge my mind and body before taking DXM - the combination of the two sounds like a really stupid and un-fun idea. Does anyone have experience/advice regarding how much time I should allow in between?

regarding your first point... 150mg or 300mg are likely both good doses to aim for, since you already know that you don't react abnormally to DXM.

second point... i have heard of people taking the fluid out of the gels. imo though the best way to dose gels is with a single alcoholic drink... either one beer or a mixed drink with one shot in it... the alcohol greatly helps your body absorb DXM, this is why most cough syrups have alcohol in them. don't go more than one drink though or you'll just end up feeling more drunk than tripped out.

third point.... i have a friend that loves to combine DXM and meth, but he's been tweaking fairly regularly for about 6 years... probably best to wait at least a few days.

Is there a noticeable difference between the pure dxm powder and the kind you can buy in the store?

@taco bell: IME, OTC preparations are a lot more recreational. The pure HBr powder I bought online is nowhere near as enjoyable. It has something to do with absorption. As previously mentioned, cough syrups contain stuff like polyethylene glycol (PEG), glycerine (?) and alcohol, which causes the DXM to be readily absorbed into the bloodstream. Pure powder acts differently. It seems to come on just as fast, but the high is just not the same. More stupifying, more dead-feeling (emotions are wiped out to a greater degree), fewer visuals, less expansive/creative mindset. Basically, all of the negative side effects, without any of the good parts.

I now wish I had spent my money on actual cough syrup, or looked a little harder for MXE. But I'll still try a few more experiments with what I've got. I haven't tried mixing it with glycerine or anything of the sort, only alcohol, which didn't help one iota.

Maybe I've just reached the dreaded "50 Trip Limit," which would really suck :p

i prefer powder. less nausea, easier to dose, and if you chase your dose with a SINGLE beer absorption is just fine.

According to this, the plasma elimination half-life of single therapeutic doses of DXM in people with normal CYP2D6 concentrations is 3-4 hours, and ~29 hours in poor metabolizers.

^I'm definitely in the latter group, since I can feel the effects of even a tiny (40 mg) dose almost 40 hours after dosing.

I may have found a way to enjoy therapeutic doses of DXM powder. Two days ago I mixed about 60 mg DXM into orange juice, and sipped it slowly over a 7-hour period. The come-up was as smooth as it gets; no harsh transitions whatsoever. The depression I was in began lifting within the first hour, and continued to lift as the day wore on. By the time I was finished with my juice, I was quite happy indeed. I even had the energy (and motivation) to work on some 3D stuff, something I haven't been in the mood to do for quite some time now.

Yesterday the afterglow/hangover was in effect, and it wasn't exactly pleasant. But I started feeling better over time, so I took a lengthy hike (bears or no bears), toking some cannabis along the way. The whole experience was nothing short of amazing, and I may even have gained some true insight into how to manage my bipolar disorder more effectively, and better weather the rough times (it all comes down to regulating my behaviors, and not allowing myself to be like a ship tossed at sea).

So today is another DXM day. It would seem that taking low doses every other day might actually be improving my condition. Only time will tell.

@taco bell: IME, OTC preparations are a lot more recreational. The pure HBr powder I bought online is nowhere near as enjoyable. It has something to do with absorption. As previously mentioned, cough syrups contain stuff like polyethylene glycol (PEG), glycerine (?) and alcohol, which causes the DXM to be readily absorbed into the bloodstream. Pure powder acts differently. It seems to come on just as fast, but the high is just not the same. More stupifying, more dead-feeling (emotions are wiped out to a greater degree), fewer visuals, less expansive/creative mindset. Basically, all of the negative side effects, without any of the good parts.

I now wish I had spent my money on actual cough syrup, or looked a little harder for MXE. But I'll still try a few more experiments with what I've got. I haven't tried mixing it with glycerine or anything of the sort, only alcohol, which didn't help one iota.

Maybe I've just reached the dreaded "50 Trip Limit," which would really suck :p
Why don't you just buy capsules and take your pure dose split up across an hour or two?

yeah, DXM tastes vile, even 60mg dissolved in a big glass of orange juice has to be so bitter