• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

What about your sexual health? It's so hard to cum on dxm I can't imagine what it's like for you.

Vaermina to me it seems like you just have a lot of physical reactions which is abnormal but annoying and a very good reason to avoid a drug. But I too was able to get high on very little amounts of DXM and I too felt like I was very sensitive. But natural tolerance only varies a small amount compared to how quickly usage tolerance builds up with chems. like DXM, and how quickly it can change the high. When I started using DXM i could get to deep third plateau From 500-600mg but now if I wanted to just scratch the surface of third plateau i would have to consume at least 1200mg of Hbr and I have to find a way to rapidly absorb it to avoid plateauing and landing on 2nd. Every situation and person is different.

Everyone is different but for DXM i get the best results from dosing all at once i hate hitting a DXM sigma that can sometimes occur with redosing over 700mg too many times. Also it is offensive and not fair to equate ones dosage of a substance to stupidity. I agree that it is not a good idea to dose large amounts of psychedelics in most cases especially if one is inexperienced or mentally undeveloped. But if one knows what they are doing is experienced and has accurately prepared a dose for the effects he desires he shouldn't have to be branded as a fool trying to prove that hes badass. This was a legitimate question and the doses dont seem too high some need 600mg without much of a tolerance to get to 2nd Plateau. And i at my highest tolerance required 1300mg to get to low third plateau.

vaermina said:
Maybe a lower amount of DXM combined with something else?

Cannabis has famous synergy with DXM, and grapefruit juice works well as a potentiator. But given the side effects you experience, it might be best just to forego this one and see if you can't get your hands on another dissociative.

Also, is your name an elder scrolls reference?

@dextrodoctor
@Never Knows Best

Yes, avoiding it probably is the most sensible idea. I was actually planning to try ketamine in the near future, but it obviously is harder to get so I'm going to have to wait for the opportunity to arise.

Related to what dextrodoctor said, considering that you enjoy the drug I'm sad to hear about your high tolerance. From what you say it's variation seems huge, since when and how often have you been taking DXM? I also have a friend who is able to get powerful effects from relatively low doses (although his tolerance has now grown higher, but still is considerably lower than yours), but his trips never exceeded 10 hours in length as in my case.

Related to the Elder Scrolls reference, yes I did name this account after the daedra. I thought it would be a fitting account name for this forum considering she's the daedric prince of dreams/nightmares and of aspects of the mind, hehe. :D

Well my high tolerance is my own fault and didnt happen over night. In my high school days i would frequently abuse DXM taking it every couple of nights and drift off. After a few months of doing that and a few 4th plateau trips my tolerance began to build. Then I started using Ketamine and rarely PCP an then recently in the past few years MXE. My dissosiative tolerance is massive but at this point i cant do much about it. I have tried taking breaks from dissosiatives as long as five months and although it helped a little with my ket. and MXE tolerance it didnt seem to affect my Dex tolerance at all. I just try to take it easy these days and switch up my drug use as to not abuse certain things. And when i do come across dissosiatives i just suck it up and take more I dont really mind because when i dose dxm I use pure Hbr powder that I pressed into tablets which makes it worlds easier to ingest.

I have never tried smoking cannabis on DXM, even though each time I took DXM I was presented with the opportunity. I felt so horrible, I thought smoking weed could in no way make the experience better (although I seem to be very resistant to weed's effects), and I feared tripping worse and more intense.

It's not a combination I had ever considered trying, since I've almost always gotten extreme paranoia and anxiety from cannabis alone. But lately I've been taking gabapentin and chinese ephedra, and find I can get a lot more stoned before any negative effects manifest. Not only that, but those two substances also make for a happier, more pleasant DXM trip. So, when I added pot to the mix, it somehow didn't impart any anxiety or paranoia at all. In fact, it improved my mindset and removed part of the body load, making for a very comfortable trip. I could actually see the cannabis affecting the visuals as it came on. I might post a 3D rendering of what I saw sometime.

I've found that the high DXM:DXO ratio is responsible for the extreme side effects (muscle spasms, heightened reflexes, jaw clenching, shivering, twitching etc.) I have while on the substance. Do you or anyone else experience things like this?

Hmm, mostly jaw clenching, much like I get on LSD. Sort of a need to work my jaw and yawn a lot.

I'd guess (as I've never tried one) DXM is similar to a deliriant for people with this sensitivity.

DXM is nothing like a deliriant, IMO. Deliriants are unenlightening in all respects and give you the short term memory of a fly. DXM is a grand experience. It's like flipping on all the lights in a dark room. I think that might be scary for a lot of people, but with DXM it's easy to see things objectively, making the process easier to take than with other entheogens.

It's so annoying I feel this desire to try the substance again, I'd go higher since I felt better on my third plateau trip than on my second, but it was so tiring on my body I'm afraid to do it again. Is there any way to achieve a third plateau mental state without feeling like I'm incredibly sick? Maybe a lower amount of DXM combined with something else?

If you really want to proceed along this route, try hitting a low 2nd plateau with some gabapentin in your system, and then add cannabis in small hits until you're where you wish to be. And definitely, definitely lie down with eyes closed, as moving around and looking at things on the higher plateaus makes the experience feel more toxic.

Last edited:
^^ careful doing ephedra + dxm man. your blood pressure probably spikes like crazy.

Ah, I guess it would. I'll just forego the ephedra and bump up the gabapentin in the future. Thanks for the heads up, thenightwatch.

redosing on DXM doesn't work too well. each subsequent redose gets more deliriant like and less euphoric.... mainly just gets really confusing and awful.

My theory is that by only using about once a week and only taking 354 mg my tolerance will slowely decrease as I'm not taking anymore of the higher doses. Does that sound right? All answers are appreciated.

your theory is true in my experience.

i don't think its good for your brain to quit large doses cold turkey. my theory/analogy is that abrupt stopping of high doses sort of scars your receptors. low doses might make your receptors more malleable, and then your body is better able to recover/heal.

then again i'm just a druggie, not a doctor. :)

why dont you just give the dxm a break for atleast a month or so. do cannabis or some psychedelics instead they are much easier on the body and mind than a dxm habit in my experience. You even admit you feel you were addicted to it, might as well get some distance from it and reconsider your use.

big big difference between needing 600 for 2nd plateau and redosing 900 after 1500 for the day. Sure it varies from person to person, but someone with a tolerance to the point of 1500mg in a few hours in all likelihood has had enough experience with dxm to know the answer to the question posited. For example, nightwatch points out that redosing seems to increase the blurry aspect of the high (if done improperly). Flame me all you want but I know this drug up down in and out and the simple fact is that very few people need 1500 mg only to be followed by 900mg a few hours later to get simple CEVs. I mean, come on. That dosing will jet right past CEVs into the "what the fuck did I do to myself!" category real, real quick. Like I said, benefit of the doubt. Reason for saying it? Because there is some doubt number one, and number two, some newbie reads his question without anyone pointing out the problematic aspect of those doses and downs 900mg off the T. So yeah, I stand by the post because 99% of users don't dose that high, peri-fukken-od.

i suppose i didn't pay much attention to the doses listed.

i've done more DXM than any one human should ever do, and 1500mg is still a massssiiveeeee dose for me. i've only taken more than 1500 one time, and it was one of my worst trips ever.

Highest dose i have ever taken was 1900mg it was wonderfull but not as intense or long as the 4th plateau trip i had on 1300mg without tolerance.

Anyone else have trouble urinating on DXM? I couldn't seem to piss very well. I also had the sensation of having to take a huge crap but turned out to be gas lol. Is there anyway to avoid gas or is it just the kind of syrup I used? It doesn't happen every time, just once so far.

thisperson said:
Anyone else have trouble urinating on DXM?

Yeah, this is common.

thisperson said:
is there anyway to avoid gas or is it just the kind of syrup I used?

It's a side effect of syrup, you could try taking simethicone or something for it.

Highest dose i have ever taken was 1900mg it was wonderfull but not as intense or long as the 4th plateau trip i had on 1300mg without tolerance.

At the risk of having this turn into one of "those" threads... My highest was 888 mg DXM polistirex on two separate occasions. The first tore me away from everything so severely that I felt I was becoming nonexistent and/or brain dead. Not pleasant, and no real visuals to show for it. The second time resulted in a week-long trip sparked by a really bad peak due to less-than-ideal circumstances at the time. (It's best to always be on the same page as those you may be tripping with.)

Anyway, what I was getting to (in relation to an ongoing topic) is that higher doses don't always guarantee visuals. And that low doses can sometimes be surprising, even for seasoned trippers.

Visuals on DXM, I think, are attained by "tuning in" to a certain frequency, or layer of consciousness. It's like having this virtual scratch pad I can sketch on. The more I get used to using it, the more I'm liable to see what I'm building as an actual visual, and the more elaborate the structures I'm able to build.

It has now gotten to the point where it's like I'm running the best physics and graphics software on the best supercomputer, with real-time control over complex content, and with a heavy dash of creativity thrown in. The good (detailed) visuals still aren't very bright, much like looking at a sharp, printed image from a printer that is running out of ink :)

All in all, DXM's visuals are very astonishing. I think people who are doubtful of just how powerful the human mind is should try to reach such a level, with DXM or without.

I know it doesn't seem like harm reduction advice, but in my opinion daily dxm is not dangerous at all. I did it for well over a year, then stopped cold turkey for a few months, then picked it up again. As long as one is well aware of the obvious mistakes, such as taking multiple compounds, etc., oone can manage nicely with daily dxm dosing. My doses were similar, maybe a tad lower as I got to understand the drug. I now take it with white grapefruit juice, and use only the gels. My tolerance seems to have stabilized and I get wonderful mood lifts, cognitive enhancement, etc, from the type of use I'm involved in. I imagine that for some this would be a nightmare, but for others, dxm is an amazing drug. It's especially useful for probing one's internal spiritual matters.

I have used 30 ounces of water with 10g DXM hbr and got satisfactory results, the solution will taste terrible but is easier on the stomach than syrup, making it easier to keep down.

Another question. Is tap water OK to use, or will it harm the DXM in some way? The only other water at hand is this "artisan" stuff which contains the following in mg/liter:

silica 85
calcium 17
magnesium 13
bicarbonate 140
total dissolved solids 210

...with a pH of 7.5. According to InChem: "pH of a 1% aqueous solution" of DXM is "5.2 to 6.5." Not sure if it really matters or not, just wanted some feedback before I move ahead, now that I have everything in place.