View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOPr Thread

Thanks for the report !

It was the DOPr fat freddy blotters ??

Cool, I'll also read the report when I get home. This stuff is so good, imo. :)

I'd be interested to know what the dose curve is like with DOPr. Is it linear like LSD or is it like 2CE where 2mg more doubles your trip? Any one have any insight?

I'd be interested to know what the dose curve is like with DOPr. Is it linear like LSD or is it like 2CE where 2mg more doubles your trip? Any one have any insight?

its definitely not linear ime. 4mg was subjectively medium-light strength, and 8mg was omgholycrap. Ya, it's more like the 2Cs where the dose response curve spikes, which I'd estimate to be between 6-8mg from my experiences and the reports so far. I'll try out the 6mg dose later this year, so Xorkoth will probably beat me to it and provide better information if he feels like it. :)

Note about DOPr: I recently went back to a 4 yr studying another field, and did some light research on the side on DOPr using their resources. I haven't searched completely thoroughly yet, but I've noticed that DOPr is very much being studied along with the other DOxs and the Flys. What I can say for certain is that the DOxs have varying safety profiles and some are unlike each other. It also seems that DOPr is more on the "safer" side than DOI and DOB at similar dosage levels, for instance. I'll be looking into this more later on, but ya, just wanted to post this because I was like, "wow there's new DOPr info @ the library." =D

Tomorrow should be my first small tester of it, excited!

That's not suprinising as long as your not doses like an idiot, I bet DOC is pretty safe too, thoughts?

From what I read, the effect on the 5ht2a receptor is where the possible danger is at since it does have a high affinity there (duh for most people). Which of course can lead to problems, and vasoconstriction seems to be the most prominent one. However, the DOxs vary in strength there, and they hit a lot more receptors than that, including 5ht2b and c. It seems that DOPr is more towards the lower end than other DOxs concerning its affinity at the 5ht2a receptor, but that's assuming I read the chart right lol. They had a huge list including DOxs, FLYs, 2Cs I didn't recognize and some with weird acronyms that probably no one has taken. I also remember the article saying that there's more to just 5ht2a agonism alone and that how a substance affects all of the receptors can mean that 5ht2a agonism can be considered less dangerous than if it only hit that receptor. It seems to me like the law makers recognized that some of these substances would turn out to be "good" before the public got to them, and so they banned them beforehand, such as DOPr and some others. But they also studied many dangerous ones, including pmma, which seems to have also been studied for its possible danger before it started showing up in pills. Apparently a lot of these DOxs, phenylalkamines, ergoloids and tryptamines affect the serotonin receptor.

This is probably old news to all of the chemists and the like, but reading it from an uni article too was pretty eye opening. As in, all of ya were on the spot concerning such info. And as everyone has noted already, including in the paper I read too, a lot more studies need to be done on these RCs, especially in vivo.

Don't quote me verbatim though, since I didn't get the chance to read the whole thing (some papers are over 50 pages long, mostly data charts for some), but it certainly was the first time I saw a chart with the specific substances differentiated like that. I'll be going back @ the library some time soon and read more. From what I saw though, this seems to be the bulk of it and so much of the other info is known and available already. I found it so interesting that there were researchers studying DOPr long before this thread even existed, and apparently they cook up their own substances. I was just thinking, "ya bastards." =D

Kl519,

1) System admins monitor public computers. Researching psychedelics on public computers could result in negative consequences.*

2)You made significant claims and say you didn't finish the entire papers. I misinterpreted the claims made in posts the same as yours on BlueLight in 2012 about NBOMe drugs then hyperfocused on NBOMe drugs and falsely thought they were safe. In general this caused tragedy.

Other people shared the same mistake. Those mistakes majorly fueled the drug wars and caused deaths.

I have grown and learned. I was lucky and survived. I look closely at these things now and learned I should have spent the extra money on 4 substituted tryptamines rather than 25X-NBOMe.

Be reminded people that skim this won't realize how much your comment is preliminary speculation. If you aren't sure, haven't finished the articles, and aren't providing the digital object identifiers yet why are you saying anything? Shouldn't you finish reading those articles and provide sources first? Perhaps you aren't concerned about people less observant?

*Total anonymity is impossible. This describes basic protocols required in using computers responsibly if you live within modern surveillance states.
https://www.deepdotweb.com/jolly-rogers-security-guide-for-beginners/

Last edited:
If this is going to become about general DOX safety again, please use the thread I created. Feel free to post references for safety-related concerns about DOPr specifically in here though.

^ thank you: it was getting anointing ^ I cant wait to try this as well... Good luck with your trial Xorkoth
Happy Trails

If this is going to become about general DOX safety again, please use the thread I created. Feel free to post references for safety-related concerns about DOPr specifically in here though.

Nah, I can't say anything on the safety of DOPr specifically and neither should Kl519. The most relevant data we have is on the entire group of DOXs discussed in the other thread. My research shows despite Kl519's assertion "that DOPr is very much being studied" the mechanisms of action and toxicity of DOPr weren't researched much recently. The only paper I found on pharmacology is multiple years old and only provides binding at 5HT2a. Nothing on the other relevant receptors. The paper doesn't provide the other relevant binding counts.

At least I actually provide the references I cite.
Role of the 5-HT₂A receptor in the locomotor hyperactivity produced by phenylalkylamine hallucinogens in mice.
Abstract: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23376711/
Full text: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3934507/
DOI: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2013.01.014

[redacted part of discussion as it is not deemed constructive - misunderstandings and such - with no offense to SteamboatBill jr nor sr]

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread's been quiet for a while. No new experiences ?? I have been intrigued with this one for a while, ever since I read the PIHKAL entry it sounded so unique !

I plan to be giving this one a shot pretty soon. Recent experiences with tryptamines have gotten me very excited to try other propyl psychedelics as well. :) Though, I might still use DOC first before I get around to it.

I don't think it's very widespread. I plan to take a full dose sometime soon (in the next couple of weeks). Excited to try probably 6mg.

Same here. I'll be taking my last 6mg in mid-December and report on it. :).

Hopefully it's the sweet spot dose.

Whaaaaaaat...ugh, I had been looking for more for a while but I'm sober now. :(

Let this thread know how it goes if you try it again. :)

I still have my ~6mg dose, heh, though idk if or when I'll ever take it...I may make an exception this summer if I do really well, but I'm doubting that lol. I have other things to focus on...

SoOo....is anyone else gonna try this? I'm still curious to see how others' experiences will go with this one.

I'm still sitting on about 75 mg of this, waiting for the perfect time to dabble in it. I am anticipating it being awesome, but I've mainly avoided trying it so far because I am a bit nervous about any potential body load. I found DOC incredible as a psychedelic when I tried it, but it really made my body uncomfortable for a good deal of the experience as well, and that's something I don't have an huge amount of tolerance for. One of these days I will get to it though.... I just have other options I've been keeping myself busy with in the meantime.

I would also love to hear about any other experiences though. This one definitely does seem potentially special, both from the trip reports and from PiHKAL itself.

Sounds good. Well, it didn't have any body load for me, however I still haven't tried DOC so idk. Definitely be cautious; at high doses, it is extremely strong.

The good thing is that it's actually pretty weak at low doses. Even 4mg was underwhelming! I'd put it at the equivalent of 15mg of miprocin or 2C-B. But 8mg will be world shattering, perhaps literally but definitely visually.

Ugh, now I'm uber curious about the level at 6mg.

That is good to know, 15 mg of 4-HO-MiPT would be almost nothing for me.... I was thinking about starting at 2.5 mg actually, because I don't mind mild effects and that's the dose that I started with for DOC, so I figure that even if the body loads are equal for the psychedelic effect it will be more manageable just due to the lower potency of DOPR. I think that might actually make for a pretty nice day....

Thanks for the warning too, I certainly don't want to find myself trapped in a trip that's too intense mentally, visually, and maybe physically if I'm unlucky, for over a day. =X