• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

^^ Yeah I shifted the same way over the years. These days 95% of the time I want a light trip that overlays my consciousness but leaves me primarily intact and functional and normal-ish. I much prefer tripping with friends now, conversing, playing music, doing art, etc, rather than closing my eyes and trying to go deep.

Nice to know I'm still on a good path then. :) Yeah, I'm still not totally at that point yet, but I could definitely see myself getting there. Like, I still want to trip hard more than 5% of the time, but even when I do I don't really feel the need for it to be a particularly challenging affair, like I would generally seek out on things like high doses of the classic indoles. I consider one of the most significant things I've learned from trying so many different psychedelics to be that even those drastically altered or mystical-feeling states can occur alongside relative lucidity as long as the substance is right (DOC, ETH-LAD, and MiPT all come to mind for instance), and I'm hoping to start making the most of that fact now. But, even those kinds of trips I also just don't feel as much push to have now, since I've also learned that the less life you allow between those kinds of trips the less meaningful content they generally have to give you.

I would really like my trips to be more social too.... I think having all those powerful introspective mindfucks really made me kind of antisocial with it just because it was basically either just trip alone or not be able to go all the way with it. Hopefully this will be a good step towards helping me set that right too. :)

Last edited:
I find 1mg to definitely produce light psychedelia. It is beyond the realm of threshold. In some cases I've had 1mg actually produce a substantial trip. Generally I go for 2mg for a substantial trip. 1.5mg is also nice and noticeably stronger than 1mg. 500ug is definitely a stimulant/threshold dose (still nice but not psychedelic), I can't recall whether 750ug crosses that threshold or not, I have surely taken that dosage but I used to use DOC quite often so it's lost in the annals of my memory. :)
Once you start using it more often, say multiple times per month most people I know experience almost exclusively desirable effects at as much as 6mg. I actually have a group of buddies consisting of around 15-20 people (more than half of them physicians) who dose it regularly and at one point dosed between 4mg and 8mg each before visiting the zoo on a national holiday in Brazil. Pure-bred caucasians get a lot of looks from people in Brazil, especially the ones with blond hair. They all thoroughly enjoyed themselves despite receiving more attention than the Giraffes.

However I would recommend starting low at around 1mg since I've seen the substance becomes a ticket to the loony bin for a LOT of people, some with extensive psychedelics experience. A lot of people don't handle DOC very well, so definitely start very low and make sure you are in a familiar and safe environment.

Last edited:
Guess which dumbass took their 2mg/ml vial and measured out between the 2-3 line between the 0-1ml line on a 5ml syringe thinking it was 400-500ug. Like 30 minutes later I was like "fuck, that was almost 1mg." Hahahaha. Just wanted a lil boost as I was pissed and tired. Did a lot of o pce and beers and had a good time. Def. Felt a boost from the DOC.

So much so I decided walking to the local country bar (never been)was a good idea. Made it back to my brothers so I guess it wasnt a terrible idea.

I took an actual 400-500ug dose and went hiking two days later and def. Felt the boost. Not overtly psychedelic, but I had energy for days. Lil opce and mary mary and my body felt divine.

One day I am gonna take a 3-5mg dose. I think I might run out of this 100mg using microdoses first though.

I used to take DOC like multiple times a week often... I have never dosed as high as 6mg at once (though I have dosed higher in the course of a day). These days, I trip like twice a month and 2mg of DOC is strong, like, I have a real trip and it lasts such a long time. The thing with DOC for me is vasoconstriction... it really does cause that, so I am careful.

Basically DOC is a really strong drug, even when taking 500ug, it's not really psychedelic but it linger so for long. Hard to sleep... I used to take it a lot more often but these days it's a much less frequent thing.

These days, 3mg is a full-on trip. DOC is slow to fully develop but it sticks around so long that it unfolds fully in its due time.

Yah i think my only full on dose was 2.5mg. Prolly 3.5mg would be a smart step forward, maybe 3mg

I like it better than Lsd for microdosing. Maybe because I can be more exact in my dosing, but I really like it for microdosing anyway. 300-400ug and your are kinda focused, speedy, energized,world almost seems a bit better.... does linger like a m-f tho...

Yeah it's great for microdosing, I like it better than LSD for that too because it's very focused, a clean energy, a very light euphoria and sense of well-being. It does linger forever though, I still have trouble sleeping that night so I don't do it much.

Well probably not then, I don't know, I used to be able to take a full dose at 11am to noon and sleep that night, back in the day. Nowadays it will mess with my sleep some even the next night sometimes. I haven't tried microdosing in recent years actually, because of that. Might be that it's fine if taken first thing in the morning.

I'm going to start trials with DOC, been waiting for it for so long, I'm very excited to get to know it! =D

I've read throughout the big and dandy, erowid TRs, causalities research, safety, e.t.c. Xorkoth's TR's are especially great for this chem! :)

I have a question though: Can I take more DOC effectively (to lift me up from ++ to +++) as the trip goes on, like on the 4th-5th hour after the first 1mg? Planning to volumetric dose in water (using HCL salt) and start with 1mg first (after an allergy test of course) to see how we get along with each other and later on add an additional 1-1.5mgs.

Any additional advice (or favorite DOC combos) is much appreciated! ;)

Taking more will raise it somewhat, but by the 4th-5th hour it's probably too late to produce any sort of effect comparable to taking it all at once. I think 1mg is a good starting dose to acquaint yourself, but maybe just stick to that and take more next time. Otherwise you'll not really get a sense of what taking <whatever total amount you end up taking> will really be like.

DOC is super long... have you done any DOXs? The staying power is tremendous... it slowly develops over a long time. Maybe try starting with 1.5mg and then next time take 2mg, or 2.5mg if 1.5 was really just not where you wanted to be. But every .5mg makes a difference for sure.

If you took more in the first hour or two it would be more effective, but you won't know what it's gonna be like yet by then. DOC is better to just take all at once, rather than redosing. Seems to mostly just make it last longer with a slight increase if the redose is enough.

Oh and thanks. :)

Great reply! Thank you Xorkoth! ;)

I think I'm going to go with 1.5mg for my first trial without redosing. I have not tried DOx chems but have experimented with loads of 2C-P, that also took about 3 hours to kick in and lasted about 18hrs on my highest dose level (can't really remember how much it was but I remember thinking that it might be too much). I enjoy long-lasting psychedelics complex plateaus, after reading about DOC, I'm sure I'll enjoy it greatly! :D

I plan on taking it in the morning, about an hour after breakfast. Then I'm thinking to go on a scenic hike for like 10 hours, meditate, play guitar and singing bowls, then come back home and watch movies/play videogames etc for the next 10 hours or so 8).

In regards to microdosing I've done it the past two days actually at 400ug and today 300-325ug and yes, it will definitely still affect your sleep 12 hours later, if not 14-15. I took 0.5mg of etizolam at 1am last night after work after having dosed at 11am and while I knew I still felt the DOC, as soon as 35-45 minutes had gone by and the tiny amount of etizolam hit, I realized how much it'd still been affecting me.

This one is strong as hell and has legs like you wouldn't believe. My preferred microdosing range for this is actually 100-200ug, 200ug sometimes even being too high. Yesterday turned out fine as I had a fantasticly cathartic emotional breakdown and subsequent re-evaluation and perspective change, leading me to then feeling amazing after. But today, even at 300-325, I was very shaky and not comfortable in my body working and doing everyday tasks.

Volsam, I know everyone says this one takes hours to peak but from my experience I'm at 85-90% peak level within 60-80 minutes, the rest of the "come-up" being barely noticeable if noticeable at all. Just in case you're thinking you'll have two or three hours of negligible psychedelia in which you can be around people normally - which actually, DOC I totally can unlike even 2C-B - and get surprised.

psy997, how do you reliably measure 200mcg of this? Are you also using volumetric dosing in liquid and then either sucking it with graduated syringe or lab graduated pipette?

I will keep in mind that the come up might be shorter than anticipated 3 hours, good point, I appreciate your input! :)

2mg/mL solution of vodka with a 1mL oral syringe marked in 0.1mL increments, yep. Small oral syringes should be pretty easy to find.

Glad to help :)

I have dissolved my 100mg DOC in 10mL vodka, so 100uL = 1mg DOC.

I have two syringes, they're not meant for injection but rather they're laboratory equipment. One is 500uL, the other 100uL, marked in 0.2uL increments so pretty precise.
If you can find them (the manufacturer is Scientific Glass Engineering, SGE), I can highly recommend them for volumetric dosing.

That's pretty risky making such a strong solution though. Sure you have the tools to handle it, but spill just a bit and there goes a quarter of your DOC, nevermind the extra drop when dosing adding 1.5-2x the dose desired.

I was thinking of measuring 5mg of it (my scales can reliably do +/-1mg) and using 5ml liquid solution, so each ml of liquid will be approximate to 1mg of DOC. I have lab grade graduated transfer glass pipettes for 1, 2 and 5ml and I was planning on using them for this purpose.

By the way, what's the consensus on the liquids - better to do purified water since it's HCL salt anyway or vodka/ethanol? Why so many people using vodka as a solution for DOC?..

By the way, what's the consensus on the liquids - better to do purified water since it's HCL salt anyway or vodka/ethanol? Why so many people using vodka as a solution for DOC?..

The alcohol keeps the solution sterile. This way you can keep it much longer.