• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

It's very good for microdosing, it lasts a long time even then. But it's quite effective, and a bit stimulating (in a nice way, but moreso than LSD).

Ninja'd again!

I think Xorkoth has? I've microdosed it 10+ times, today actually as well. It may be me you're talking about. I did 200ug today after getting both a short and shitty sleep in, 4 hours, and feel great. As mentioned before, my feelings on it are that going above 200-300ug provides too strong an oversensitivity and change in linear thinking for everyday activities. But, I am pretty sensitive to psychedelics and consciousness expanding chemicals in general, and have recently been suffering from some anxiety, so I may be a bit of an outlier, a bit ;)

It's definitely the one I go to for microdosing if I need energy. Even 200ug gives a good enough boost to get you through the day provided you didn't stay up all night or have the craziest night out on alcohol. 400-500ug gives a pretty strong boost of energy for when you really need it, but by that point I'm skirting psychedelia a little too closely for my taste unless paired with a GABA agonist or similar.

Yeah I've microdosed it a lot of times. I also like low-dosing it, but above microdose. I'd say a microdose is in the range of 200-250ug. Low dose is around 500ug. 1mg is a trip, not a strong trip but it's beyond low dose territory IMO.

I understand !

My go to microdose is 160mics. Just perfect for me. Very good spirits and some cannabis oil and vaped weed brings out *some* psychedelia. Perfect for a yoga class or movie
(last one was Inception, blew my mind for the fifth time) ?

I've tried it up to 2,7mg, and enjoyed it at home. Peak effects would be too much for going about casually in a social environment, though. I've been up to 1,6mg socially and could take some more, I feel.

I've got 2 festivals coming up, one month apart. AMT and DOC it is??

Yeah I find that DOC, even during the peak, doesn't inhibit socialization except at high doses, but that at any dose, once the peak wears off and the plateau hits, I feel like a social dynamo, totally fearless and competent and talkative. My second highest dose, I took 3mg earlier in the day before going to a concert at a huge arena, and then took 1.5mg more once it was established because I thought I wanted more. During the show, we were around a lot of people, and I was quite nervous, although I wasn't having a bad time, it was just challenging. Then after the show, on the ride home (2 hours in the car), I hit the plateau and just talked to my friends basically non-stop, got home and stayed up really late with one of them. On the way home we stopped at a gas station and I talked up the cashier in there too.

AMT is really social too, but more like how MDMA is. DOC is more psychedelic than AMT in my experience, but AMT is more euphoric and less hectic. I think of it more like a trippy roll (that lasts a really long time) than a psychedelic.

Perfect description as always !

I really understand why you compare aMT with MDMA but to me aMT feels more real and less pushy. aMT is definetly less hectic at higher doses.

I do find with aMT after you go to sleep and wake up,there's just the afterglow.
With DOC there is definetly still psychedelic effect after having slept. As Shulgin said "it's a long thing" ?

Oh I agree, I prefer AMT to MDMA, it feels much calmer and more stable, more intellectual too, in fact the way it makes me draw connections and think deeply about stuff is what is psychedelic about it.

DOC certainly is long as hell, I can rarely sleep at all the day I take it without a benzo, regardless of how early I take it (maybe if I took it at 9am it would just barely let me sleep, but I can't think of many situations where I want to start a trip at 9am), which is okay but it makes me not take it often anymore. When I was younger it was a little shorter and I could sleep late night if I took DOC by noon.

Don't wanna get overly personal but what age are you talking about?

I'm almost 32 and last time I took 1,6mg I could sleep at +13 hours.

My 2,7mg actually started at 9am, called it quits by vaping weed at high temp at 3am ;).

I'm 34... I noticed duration on DOC increasing slowly since I first tried it at 23. It's not that I'm even still tripping, it's that I have all this residual energy and I just can't get sleepy. But I will also say I have become a much lighter sleeper since my twenties too. It's just harder to get to sleep or stay asleep.

Glad I could help. :) DOC and most phenethylamines in general are extremely stable, I just store mine dry in my closet in an amber vial, it should outlast me by a long time. I used to keep it in the freezer but I only keep my tryptamines in there now because it increases exposure to moisture whenever you remove it from the freezer.

I'm sure it's fine in the freezer, but honestly I've really never of anyone having it lose potency when dry. Couldn't hurt though.

Even 95*F shouldn't degrade it. This whole be careful of hot weather phenomena going on is really just from the semi-true but not really myth of LSD being so fragile. I kept a blotter of acid wrapped in one layer of paper in my wallet for 6+ months going all the way from 100*F+ Texas heat to humid San Fran fog to super hot summer Joshua Tree to semi-cold France and all the way back again to months in the Texas summer and it didn't degrade whatsoever.

Had a really nice time with DOC last week. Ended up going to a social event so decided against DPT and only took 1.5mg of DOC, adding another 0.7mg three hours later. Very fluffy, happy headspace, mild neon visuals and mild patterning, emotions are well balanced, music was unbelievably awesome and attention catching, I felt involved and at the same time isolated, like being on a cloud looking down on everyone and smiling, very good feeling! :D

I took it dissolved in vodka, dosed volumetrically, it took about 30 minutes to start producing effects - at first slightly disorienting, a bit speedy, vasoconstriction noted at an hour mark and went on for about two hours - extremities felt cold and there was a slight chest compression feel. The vasoconstriction went away eventually and it might have been also brought up by previous day Hexen use and a lack of sleep.

At 9 Hr mark, 30mg of Proscaline was ingested to increase visual and pro-social effects of DOC. Effects of P came muted and delayed, but nevertheless it made me very energetic again and amped up my chattiness, confidence and visual smothering effect. Food tasted great and beer was very welcomed! It was a very long evening and I was able to sleep about 7 hours after my Proscaline ingestion. Woke up pretty refreshed and in good moods :)

There was a feeling of body fragility at the beginning of the trip that made me feel and respect DOC's power (I suppose all DOx would do that) but all in all, I liked it very much. Definitely looking forward to my next experience with it at 2.5 mg at once and this time taking L-Arginine and garlic extract prior to the experience to ease off my vessels! %)

Volsam, how did the redose go?
Did the DOC work for a longer time or did it increase the effects? Or both?:)

Had a really nice time with DOC last week. Ended up going to a social event so decided against DPT and only took 1.5mg of DOC, adding another 0.7mg three hours later. Very fluffy, happy headspace, mild neon visuals and mild patterning, emotions are well balanced, music was unbelievably awesome and attention catching, I felt involved and at the same time isolated, like being on a cloud looking down on everyone and smiling, very good feeling! :DI took it dissolved in vodka, dosed volumetrically, it took about 30 minutes to start producing effects - at first slightly disorienting, a bit speedy, vasoconstriction noted at an hour mark and went on for about two hours - extremities felt cold and there was a slight chest compression feel. The vasoconstriction went away eventually and it might have been also brought up by previous day Hexen use and a lack of sleep.At 9 Hr mark, 30mg of Proscaline was ingested to increase visual and pro-social effects of DOC. Effects of P came muted and delayed, but nevertheless it made me very energetic again and amped up my chattiness, confidence and visual smothering effect. Food tasted great and beer was very welcomed! It was a very long evening and I was able to sleep about 7 hours after my Proscaline ingestion. Woke up pretty refreshed and in good moods :)There was a feeling of body fragility at the beginning of the trip that made me feel and respect DOC's power (I suppose all DOx would do that) but all in all, I liked it very much. Definitely looking forward to my next experience with it at 2.5 mg at once and this time taking L-Arginine and garlic extract prior to the experience to ease off my vessels! %)
have you had good experiences with l-arginine and garlic extract before?I've wanted to take more than 5-6mg's before but i am afraid of the writhing vessels i'd get from it. I've heard of near lsd like visuals from doc but i've yet to get a TRUE hallucination that wasn't more than a fleeting elf-like creature in front of my fridge.

LSD doesn't give true hallucinations either, where exactly are you getting your information?

Doc never disappointed me. Talk about full blown psychedelic experience. Intense physical stimulation body component that ive only had on the amphetamines. I never felt anything dark On it. It was always more happy and colorful and upbeat but still extremely sometimes overwhelmingly intense mental effects. I loved how the peak would just go on and on. Anytime something consistently jars your head and lets you know that it is the one in control and theres nothing you can do about it is worth appreciating.

Volsam, how did the redose go?
Did the DOC work for a longer time or did it increase the effects? Or both?
^^^
The 0.7mg redose at 3hrs increased the peak duration and duration in general. As for the intensity, its hard to say because at the same time I also got a cannabis joint going, so I did feel an increase of overall effects. 8)

have you had good experiences with l-arginine and garlic extract before?I've wanted to take more than 5-6mg's before but i am afraid of the writhing vessels i'd get from it. I've heard of near lsd like visuals from doc but i've yet to get a TRUE hallucination that wasn't more than a fleeting elf-like creature in front of my fridge.
^^^
I've used both garlic extracts and L-Arginine before, mostly with AL-LAD and with stimulants, also to combat the vasoconstriction. You gotta take them about 2 hours before tripping and more may be consumed during and/or after the trip. With L-Arginine you want to be careful as it spikes up your hormones and may make you aggressive (thus spoiling a trip), especially if you have a tendency to be so.
Besides aforementioned, you can also use Magnesium (careful if you have a natural low blood pressure as it will lower it even more), Agmatine, dark chocolate (natural beans are preferred), cayenne pepper, cannabis and alcohol to dilate your blood vessels.
I will try it out with DOC soon to see what works best with it and post my results! ;)

I recommend large doses of 2C-P if you are looking for a very visual experience, nothing ever got me seeing such complex and long-sustained OEV's like 2C-P. Also combinations of 4-sub tryptamines (especially 4-Aco-MET) and mescaline or it's analogs are pretty colorful and visual for me. The most extreme OEV hallucinations are seen with smoked DMT and DPT for me - nothing comes even close, but they are quite short lived and might be very frightening and confusing.

And yes, DOC is awesome! %)

LSD doesn't give true hallucinations either, where exactly are you getting your information?
Complete breakdown of reality is possible for me on lsd. This information is all from personal experience... I've had egoloss where I was visualizing my soul going through stages of death/reincarnation/rebirth through at least five distinct lives. Doc has given me some intense trails, form constants, and serious empathogenic effects but I can see it going into a deeper stage of egoloss as in the first trips I felt the all familiar realm of tripping. Also, due to the elf creature that visited me I can for sure possibilities here....tldr; personal experience