• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

I prefer DOC to DOM quite a bit I would say, but DOM is also lovely stuff. I took it at 5mg most recently, I'd like to try 7.5 (and will sometime).

I also got a small supply of DOI and DOB recently. I'd excited to give them a try. I'm not too excited about DOI actually, I have taken it a few times but had a lot of tolerance at the time so I feel like I didn't get to fully experience it, but it didn't seem like it was going to be great. I tried 1mg of DOB in conjuction with DOC one time too, also while I had a lot of tolerance, so didn't really get to see what it was about at all. There are some epic DOB trip reports I remember reading long ago, that made me feel like it could be very powerful and psychedelic indeed.

Gotta go deeper with DOPr and DOiP too, and try DOET again to see if it becomes anything interesting. So many DOXs, so little time. It's getting harder and harder to fit a DOX into my schedule and they give me insomnia for a lot longer than they used to.

How many of you have had experiences with dox's and mescaline.... I've found them to be extremely similar in trip, other than the speediness of the dox's, plus vasoconstriction; the visuals and mental space is very close. Having tried both myself.

Actually about mixing DOx's I had got a sheet of WoW DOB+DOC+DMA blotters (Can't remember dosage) that was nuts. They synergized pretty well, and the experiences from those blotters seemed better than DOB or DOC on their own. Maybe that was because those crazy blotters were among my first psychedelics experiences so I was mindblown by them.

How many of you have had experiences with dox's and mescaline.... I've found them to be extremely similar in trip, other than the speediness of the dox's, plus vasoconstriction; the visuals and mental space is very close. Having tried both myself.

I find DOC to have a mescaline-like character to it, DOM as well but especially DOC. I find that they differ pretty significantly, namely, the only visual effects I get from mescaline are slight crawling and this utterly sublime sense of beauty, and intense color amplification. Mescaline feels less speedy and my mind is moving a lot less... it feels very zen, whereas DOC feels almost a bit hypomanic, I want to talk a lot and my mind is swirling with ideas and thoughts. The way they are similar for me is that both produce this state of grace, a good-humored, easygoing, self-loving kind of place where it seems that wisdom bubbles forth. I find DOC more overtly psychedelic than mescaline in a classic sense... mescaline is more subtle and really in a class of its own.

But yes, I've made the comparison between DOC and mescaline before too. :)

What are your experiences with DOB+LSD? Worth it? Any longer-than-acid-alone synergy?

The combo would definitely be as long as DOB, which is significantly longer than LSD's duration, so yes it would be longer. No idea if there's synergy, I did combine LSD and DOC once and it was wild, maybe not synergistic though, just strong and great. Also it increased vasoconstriction so be careful. Though I'm thinking it would be less vasoconstrictive than DOC + DOB which was mentioned above. Still, tread cautiously.

Alright, wow. I tried 2.8mg of DOB, and that was something quite different. Instead of the boring amphetamine rush I found myself pleasantly relaxed and heavy, similar to a light/mild shroom trip. I took vitamin E and ginko to counter vasoconstriction and experienced none. Dropped 100ug of acid at T +6h or so. That was quite pleasant and nice. It seems like I could safely try 3.5mg of DOB next time or drop 200ug on top with no problems.
At T +14h or so I took the standard dose of Xanax (0.5mg, I think) and went to bed. Couldn't fall asleep for a couple of hours, bet the benzo kept me sane and calm.

Sitting on some 1.4 tabs. Was going to take it but the reports of body load make me want to save them for when the LSD runs dry. I dont mind a general shitty feeling for a fun trip but having that feeling for 16 hours.. eh lol

Think I should wait till I have some alprazolam or etiz

Last edited:
I can't wait to try mine actually, I've also got some of those tabs. Shulgin finds it to be one of his magical half-dozen. There are some reports of heavy bodyload and some reports of it not being an issue... the same is true of DOC. I even know people who find LSD to have a heavy bodyload. My guess is the bodyload is overblown if you're the type of person who doesn't get bad bodyloads. I guess I can't say for sure though.

Yeah Im sure I am just psyching my self out about. I thought the body load from 2C-B was horrible till I got about 10 doses under my belt.

I can't wait to try mine actually, I've also got some of those tabs. Shulgin finds it to be one of his magical half-dozen. There are some reports of heavy bodyload and some reports of it not being an issue... the same is true of DOC. I even know people who find LSD to have a heavy bodyload. My guess is the bodyload is overblown if you're the type of person who doesn't get bad bodyloads. I guess I can't say for sure though.
Just to be pedantic it's not one of the the magic half dozen - I can't be bothered to find the exact quote but it's something like DOB is one of the "great classics" - it's clear if you read phikal there are many great highly admired compounds with don't make it into the top 6 and to be honest top half dozen is a totally arbitrary number and totally personal - like that bloody comment about 2c-d being 'pharmacological tofu' (half meaningless and based on low doses) I kinda of wish he's just left it open - it's too easy for people to meme-ify and take comments out of the context that that was one, admittedly well versed, opinion at the time of writing. Not his fault - if you revisited everything you wrote said it would be very different but the magic half dozen and tofu just get repeated ad nauseum despite con-trey evidence and opinion. Personal physiology, taste, timing are crucial - you could have a life changing trip on 5meo-dipt and not mescaline to exaggerate a point. DOC is a good point - that's seems by popular opinion to be a great which he never really suggested in his writings. It's enough that DOB looks profoundly interesting. Bodyload is hardly unique but I guess if you suffer from it the duration works against it

I didn't have a strong body load from it but mentally I found DOB was not all that good. Take my opinion with some skepticism though, as I was dosed without consent, being told it was LSD, and didn't find out until years later that it was DOB as I was young and naive. Having taken DOC with informed consent, I found the experience to not be as good as any of the classics. So I might have a nervous system that is predisposed to not being terribly fond of psychedelic amphetamines (Not fond of TMA-2, MDA, DOB, or DOC). The visual aspect of the experience was interesting, but mentally I was wired and paranoid, possibly because of the very long time from taking the drug to its onset (4 full hours).

I guess I thought it was one his "magical half dozen" because on Erowid it's bolded like his other favorites. In any case I agree, it's entirely arbitrary. DOC is in my "magical half dozen", and so is 2C-E, but neither is for Shulgin. His entries for both make them sound pretty interesting, but he seems to love things that are entactogenic over everything else.

I guess I thought it was one his "magical half dozen" because on Erowid it's bolded like his other favorites. In any case I agree, it's entirely arbitrary. DOC is in my "magical half dozen", and so is 2C-E, but neither is for Shulgin. His entries for both make them sound pretty interesting, but he seems to love things that are entactogenic over everything else.

Actually, 2C-E is a part of that half-dozen. Together with Mescaline, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, 2C-B and DOM.

DOB isn't one of of the magical half dozen, but the Shulgins did think highly of it. There's a chapter in PiHKAL, written from Ann's perspective, about a DOB trip they had.

Ive decided. I am going to dose 2.8mg of DOB on Saturday morning. I have my xanax to calm down if needed. I read that 1 tab usually just gets you agitated without actually tripping.

Ill try to TR whilst zoomin via notes then post in TR.

That's a report I'm definitely looking forward to if you did end up doing it. :) I have some of those 1.4 mg blotters myself and am really trying to gauge how best to approach this.

I almost dosed some today but decided for DOC instead because... I fucking love DOC. :) And I didn't want to try out a new drug (well I took it once long ago at 1mg but I don't feel like that counts) while I was hiking and climbing boulders and stuff. I'm gonna try it soon though, I have a feeling I'm going to like DOB too. It always sounded to me like a more intense, serious version of DOC.

Probably a better call in the end to skip out on something new for that context. Definitely can't wait to hear what you think when you do try it though. :) I can't really compare it to DOC much yet based on experience but that's pretty much how it sounds to me too, a similar kind of trip but more overwhelmingly psychedelic at the right dose, though maybe still more clearheaded and just analytical overall as opposed to the major indole mindfuck.... That's kind of what I'm hoping for from at the moment too, but I'm sure I'll be happy with it no matter what....

I've really gotta take DOC again soon too.... I finally live somewhere again where I can walk outside my home and almost immediately be at a park, so it's a good time to finally start exploring some of the more physical and stimulating molecules like that again. :)

Yeah. :) My favorite with DOC is to take it in the morning and then go on a nature adventure with a friend... then afterwards hang out with friends and ideally play music, and maybe drink some beers because alcohol mixes really well with the later stages of DOC.