• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

Basically the same? Um....no. Lucy is awesome and DOB sucks cock. I wouldn't give that garbage to my worst enemy.

It's all subjective though, some people really enjoy psychedelic amphetamines and find them close to or as good as LSD, some don't.

This has already been said but I feel like it needs to be said again, DOB is dangerous...and personally I don't feel like tripping anymore after about the 12th hour. Well, my mind maybe, but my body wants sleep...also noticed that DOB is considerably more anxiety-producing than LSD...although I always have a valium or klonopin on hand when I take either.

Moral of the story? You're in Cali, get some real LSD.

Eww...

The only DOx I have any interest in is DOM, and that is only because it is a 2C-D and TMA-2 analogue.

I was offered DOI a couple of times in the past and both times I rejected it without second thought.

In reasonable doses DOB was actually quite wonderful for me. It DID remind me of acid but the main differences were that acid feels like it covers the entire territory of your mind expanding and DOB has only parts of it, like being analytical and feeling sharper than a diamond razorblade.

Smoking dope on DOB showed me rainbows everywhere I could see and leaping out of droplets of rain on the window. Spectacular. But it lasts a long time and most of the time was actually uninteresting.

Not total garbage though, but in higher doses it grated my nerves. That was fucked. So keep in mind that the quality of a substance is often highly dependent on proper dosage.

Why is this thread here though? Its hardly a (live) trip report, its over, and there is a DOB thread meant for discussion of the drug.

I took 6 blotters of it one time, when my park dealer told me it was acid.... imediately I knew it wasnt because the intense chemical taste....... It was very intense at first and got even more intense...but over all it was very fun... I seriously believe I would have freaked out if I hadnt taken about a thousand hits aof acid in my past.

In reasonable doses DOB was actually quite wonderful for me. It DID remind me of acid but the main differences were that acid feels like it covers the entire territory of your mind expanding and DOB has only parts of it, like being analytical and feeling sharper than a diamond razorblade.

Smoking dope on DOB showed me rainbows everywhere I could see and leaping out of droplets of rain on the window. Spectacular. But it lasts a long time and most of the time was actually uninteresting.

Not total garbage though, but in higher doses it grated my nerves. That was fucked. So keep in mind that the quality of a substance is often highly dependent on proper dosage.

Why is this thread here though? Its hardly a (live) trip report, its over, and there is a DOB thread meant for discussion of the drug.

What was the reasonable dose? that gave you a good trip. And how much was the "too much" dose?

When you say dope, I assume you mean hash, right? Some places it means heroin :D

.....Sorry for double posting (says he and does it=D)

I just came to think of something I´ve thinking about, do you people reckon that the DOx compounds work as dopamine releasers or dopamine reuptake inhibitors, like amphetamine, and do you think that the over stimulation some people report comes from this.....

When you say dope, I assume you mean hash, right? Some places it means heroin :D

Ya, Cannabis et al. Where I'm from and most of the world "dope" means cannabis. It seems to be a north-east US thing for "dope" to unilaterally mean heroin.

It sorta gets under my skin when I see it because my whole life "dope" has meant cannabis to me and everyone else I know.

I just came to think of something I´ve thinking about, do you people reckon that the DOx compounds work as dopamine releasers or dopamine reuptake inhibitors, like amphetamine, and do you think that the over stimulation some people report comes from this.....

It's hard to say. I've found DOx's have a definite amphetamine push with aphrodisiacal effects but so does LSD. DOx's though are far more anxiogenic than regular amphetamine and are extremely potent 5-HT2a agonists. If there is any DA/NE activity I think it's small compared to the 5-HT2a activity which provides the bulk of the effect. They're very discombobulating drugs.

Ya, Cannabis et al. Where I'm from and most of the world "dope" means cannabis. It seems to be a north-east US thing for "dope" to unilaterally mean heroin.

It sorta gets under my skin when I see it because my whole life "dope" has meant cannabis to me and everyone else I know.
In some European countries it´s seen as meaning heroin also, not just north-US.
And yeah, it kind of gets under my skin as well because I read it as heroin.

It's hard to say. I've found DOx's have a definite amphetamine push with aphrodisiacal effects but so does LSD. DOx's though are far more anxiogenic than regular amphetamine and are extremely potent 5-HT2a agonists. If there is any DA/NE activity I think it's small compared to the 5-HT2a activity which provides the bulk of the effect. They're very discombobulating drugs.
Oh, okay. That´s not what I expected, them being amphetamines at all, I just thought some kind of shared pharmacology with normal amphetamine would be logical.......some kind of DA/NE release or inhibition. But yeah, maybe it´s weak.

are effects of 2cb similar to DOB ?

does feel DOM similar to 2cd ?

same question goes for 2ci and DOI, and 2cc and DOC

although maybe i should search, it might be asked already

IME DOB isn't similar to 2C-B

DOM is similar to 2C-D and 25-D
------

3 mg DOB = nice visuals, clear stimulation, interesting compound overall

Got 3mg blotter of DOB. Any idea how long would it last?

Is the stimulation overwhelming? I thought about a bed trip actually, at least for the beginning.

Should I keep the blotter in my mouth or I can just swallow it?

3mg of DOB is a moderately high dose, and it will last 12-24 hours depending on where you personally consider the effects to be "done".

If you have never tried a 2c-x it may be too physically stimulating; if you have experience with others in teh family you might be able to get a handle on it and channel it into a more mental trip.

You can just swallow the blotter.