• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

Yeah I would like to start a family some day, and I'm not that young (37). but my girlfriend doesn't want kids so I dunno. My music career is just taking off so maybe not the best time for kids anyway. Well, definitely not the best time. 😁

My collection is insa e by this point, I have disposable income and I love collecting. I've got almost 70 psychedelic compounds and 5 or 6 dissociatives. Gotta catch 'em all! I also write reports on all of them to add to the body of knowledge. There are a number of them I haven't tried yet that I do own.

Good on you mate. I hope it comes together like you would like. Though, a girlfriend that doesn’t want kids, and you want to start a family. Might want to figure out that one quick. I spent a few years of my life with an on again off again girlfriend, she said she didn’t want kids, then, finally when I broke it off, she told me that she dreamed of having kids.

Not the first time something like that has happened either. I’m married now, with someone who definitely wants children, it does give life something more to live towards.

Though for those years of raising children, definitely won’t be time for prolonged experiences like DOB. 😅

I could go on about these kinds of topics for hours. 🙂

Sooooo, no wife & children?.... got it =D
Also thanks, never read that.

Did you ever try DOI @Leprechaun ? I wonder how it compares and you can only get so much from reports... (which are mostly clusterfucks of experiences lol)

Yes, I did try DOI a number of times. But I found it cold, with the push of the DOX family, but none of the warmth, euphoria or fun of DOB, DOM and DOC. It was just an emotionless experience, won’t repeat.

Good on you mate. I hope it comes together like you would like. Though, a girlfriend that doesn’t want kids, and you want to start a family. Might want to figure out that one quick. I spent a few years of my life with an on again off again girlfriend, she said she didn’t want kids, then, finally when I broke it off, she told me that she dreamed of having kids.

Not the first time something like that has happened either. I’m married now, with someone who definitely wants children, it does give life something more to live towards.

Though for those years of raising children, definitely won’t be time for prolonged experiences like DOB. 😅

I could go on about these kinds of topics for hours. 🙂

I struggle with the concept of reproducing, as I think the world might be going to total shit for a while. But other than that, I would like to. Well, I also like being able to do whatever I want, lol.

Yes, I did try DOI a number of times. But I found it cold, with the push of the DOX family, but none of the warmth, euphoria or fun of DOB, DOM and DOC. It was just an emotionless experience, won’t repeat.

I feel the same way about DOI, I don't care for it. But I have only tried it once, a long time ago. I have talked to people who like it better than DOC. I love DOC, it's almost the perfect drug, so warm and beautiful and euphoric, yet deep and useful.

What would be the best way to store DOB (this can probably be applied across the board with all DOx)- keeping it in its powder form, dissolved in liquid tincture and stored in a cool area, or put onto actual blotter? Due to its duration and having rarer times to give to such a time intensive compound I would like to be able to get as much longevity out of it as I can.

Powder form is always best. But DOXs (phenethylamines/amphetamines in general) are very stable. I have had solutions in the fridge for years, and never noticed any loss in potency. What I do is weigh out 30mg at a time and use an empty tincture bottle and do 1mg/mL, with vodka or everclear, or it works with any alcohol above 20% technically. And I keep the rest in powder form. This will prevent microbial growth.

It SEEMS like the solutions will outlive me... certainly the powder will last a very long time if kept sealed up.

Since I too have powder, I have experimented some with DOB microdoses. Even at like 150ug it's very distinctively psychedelic, and it has a large impact on headspace, even if not that noticeable in the moment.
It can be amazingly productive, but it's hard to balance with the speedy manic tendencies. Even at such small doses, you really feel DOBs raw and almost animilistic nature. The first few hours feel more heavy mentally but at some point that cloudiness is traded for very analytical sharpness. Honestly it makes days crazy but in a very fun way, not sure if I'd recommend, but it does give a slight feel of what a full experience would be like.

I really like DOC doses like that, maybe more like 250ug, but yeah, it definitely is an experience.

I STILL have yet to try this, even though I've had some for quite some time. And am awaiting 250mg more. I am 100% confident I will love it, as all the DOXs are fantastic drugs (well, DOET is weird actually, and DOM is meh, for me anyway). DOC is absolute gold, and DOPr is incredible (but too long). After all this time I still haven't tried DOB though. It's just getting harder and harder to find the time for DOX-length trips.
Not to steer this board from DOB but this caught my attention.
I havent tried DOM but what was your experience with it that made it lackluster? I've been eyeing some and I thought it had a good reputation other than being sold as L in the 60s and people having panic attacks when they weren't coming down.

Not to steer this board from DOB but this caught my attention.
I havent tried DOM but what was your experience with it that made it lackluster? I've been eyeing some and I thought it had a good reputation other than being sold as L in the 60s and people having panic attacks when they weren't coming down.
Reactions to it seem highly individual, I took 10mg of it myself, and found it very superficial, the much talked about ego suppression on it felt so fake to me, a pointless trip, but again, some people react very well to it.
DOB is much more rough and stimulating, but also way deeper

Yeah DOM is hit or miss for people. Some people find it very effective and a great psychedelic, with 2.5mg being a trip. And some people find it weak and empty, like me, I can take 10mg and it feels like a ghost of a trip, barely any visuals, I feel sort of sober but also tripping, it feels like it never arrives. I have taken it to 12mg and it was the same. DOET seems similar, and DOiP (from personal experience). Basically the alkyl DOXs, I've noticed are quite variable and have a certain lack of fullness feeling (for me) that the halogen DOXs have in spades. The exception is DOPr... that stuff is epic, one of the best trips I've ever had.

I actually quite liked DOiP, it had some things going for it despite it being a very strange dissociating headspace, DOMs emptiness is also very similar to DOPrs emptiness for me but at least effects are pronounced.
DOM and DOPr made me feel soulless, like an emotionless soldier just battling his way through life. DOB & DOC are very much the opposite.

Yeah DOM is hit or miss for people. Some people find it very effective and a great psychedelic, with 2.5mg being a trip. And some people find it weak and empty, like me, I can take 10mg and it feels like a ghost of a trip, barely any visuals, I feel sort of sober but also tripping, it feels like it never arrives. I have taken it to 12mg and it was the same. DOET seems similar, and DOiP (from personal experience). Basically the alkyl DOXs, I've noticed are quite variable and have a certain lack of fullness feeling (for me) that the halogen DOXs have in spades. The exception is DOPr... that stuff is epic, one of the best trips I've ever had.

Are you sure about that? You didn't seem to think DOM was weak and empty in 2007.
Yep, DOM is no joke at all. It may be the most powerful and reality-bending mind space I've been in. It also exposes dark corners very strongly, at least at my 13mg dose (a high one to be sure). Talk about a roller coaster! I agree with Dexter that at higher doses there is a very strong amphetamine component. Although I didn't find it uncomfortable necessarily, it led a very manic and sometimes frantic edge to the trip which caused some of the trip to be white-knuckled. Overall it was a great trip, but it's ther first time a psychedelic has really shaken me up in many months. This one is far, far more speedy than DOC. DOC is actually damn calm for its intensity. DOM is not! However, my 7mg dose last time was quite calm and zen-like.

^^ Nice post. And yes, I found that DOM has tremendous capacity for producing ego loss. Strong, strong ego loss. It's not gentle by any means, but I was less emotionally attached to my ego than with most psychedelics, a characteristic which I've found in common with some other DOXs.

DOM is a strong stimulant. It's much more psychological than DOC and DOI, at least (haven't tried DOB or the others), and like F&B said, it seems to remove you from reality quite effectively. I find that DOM sneaks into my brain and without realizing it I'll go somewhere else entirely, not becoming aware that I'm hallucinating until after I come out of it. DOM's visuals are also thicker and more profound than the others I've tried. It definitely creates a very strong "visual soup" effect. DOM feels more transparent on my body than DOC and especially DOI. it produces a lot of amphetamine stimulation but there is very little actual body load. The long plateau stage is very pleasant.

Basically, DOM is much more psychedelic. A +4 exprience would be very possible with it, whereas DOC and DOI, I've found, aren't quite at the same level.

Huh, wow. Geez that's odd, that is not my opinion at all now. I have done DOM a number of more times since then. TBH I was tripping like almost every day during that time. I went through like a quarter gram of DOM. I honestly do not remember ever getting strong visuals from DOM, or ego loss, or a strong trip. I only remember once falling asleep on 13mg, or maybe 10mg, and having a fucking CRAZY dream, when I woke up I was tripping but the rest of the night escapes my memory. This is kinda tripping me out lol...

13 years later, wtf?

Huh, wow. Geez that's odd, that is not my opinion at all now. I have done DOM a number of more times since then. TBH I was tripping like almost every day during that time. I went through like a quarter gram of DOM. I honestly do not remember ever getting strong visuals from DOM, or ego loss, or a strong trip. I only remember once falling asleep on 13mg, or maybe 10mg, and having a fucking CRAZY dream, when I woke up I was tripping but the rest of the night escapes my memory. This is kinda tripping me out lol...

13 years later, wtf?
250mg of DOM.... what a treasure! 👍🏻 I could never imagine taking it multiple days in a row though.

I wasn't taking DOM every day, just some psychedelic or other... and not literally every day, but most days, for a period of 2 years. Back when I was 24/25 years old.

Interesting! Yeah, I sort of agree about the emptiness of DOM, but in a different way. For me, 4-HO-DiPT and DiPT also seem similarly "empty," but also suggest the possibility of occasioning the elusive ++++. My one experience with DOM at 2.5mg gave me a healthy respect for it. I don't know when I will ever have a chance to revisit it, but I certainly found it valuable.

I recently took DOM at 10mg. and I have WAY less tolerance than I did when I made those posts from 2007 that got quoted above. I found it like a ghost of a trip, empty, strangely bland. Not very strong. I took it at 7.5mg some time before that, after first trying it at 5.

I really do have no memory of experiencing any strong trip or ego loss on DOM back then. That's so weird to me right now.

Aah, I remember reading this on Erowid, so this is you @Leprechaun great report, might bring back some memories :)
That’s a classic. DOB - one of the old great ones 😃

I recently took DOM at 10mg. and I have WAY less tolerance than I did when I made those posts from 2007 that got quoted above. I found it like a ghost of a trip, empty, strangely bland. Not very strong. I took it at 7.5mg some time before that, after first trying it at 5.

I really do have no memory of experiencing any strong trip or ego loss on DOM back then. That's so weird to me right now.
one thing to remember with psychedelics is that the experience also defined by prenceptions, set and setting. Fascinated to know if your DOM experiences are consistently like that.

perhaps it’s time to experience something else in the world and come back to psychedelics in 5 years or so.

perhaps it’s time to experience something else in the world and come back to psychedelics in 5 years or so.

I took a 3 year break once and was in a way different place when I started again... then a couple of years after that, I had my second psychedelic renaissance, my life changed so rapidly in the course of a year. it was beautiful. But before that, I tripping had become routine (which is why I took a long break). Certainly you get the most from the experience when you allow your life to progress since the last one you had.