• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

i had a strip that my friend lent me, later admitted it was dob. i was under the impression that it was 25c when i took it, but it turned out to test as "dob" later on, via single reagent.

the trip was on fast like lsd, up to a rounded peak that started off heady and boarderline light dmt-ish style peak in the background, settling into a verrry visual buzzy, and noisy trip. ambient house noise had an extreme phase shift oscillation, and amplified, almost overwhelming me. the visuals were there open and closed, and consisted of swirling octopi arm paisley,with dots into oblivion. rainbowy, with (iirc) a purplish red favoring. major trailing. good connection with nature, id say.

administered sublingually one and a half tabs, an an hour before sundown in summer, was able to fall asleep by 7 or 8 am.

Wow, surprising you could sleep that early as DOB has a duration similar to or longer than DOC. I can take DOC at noon and I'll have trouble falling asleep until the wee hours, if even then. Haven't had DOB yet.

yeah, tbh, im not sure im confident with the id, based upon my understanding of dob in timeline and effect. could 25c-nbome fool a reagent? a smaller dose later on had me in and out in 6, maybe 8 hrs. i was able to mute most of it within 2-4 hours after peak.

the tab had a buddha on one side, and some dark print on the other side; recently i was reading a tr, and a buddha tab with 'alice in wonderland' on the other side came up, which rang a few bells, if thats of interest.

That almost for sure wasn't DOB then. You can't mute the DOXs. The peak is like 6 hours long with a long plateau.

no sedatives, only my brain. it was probably a low +++ when i came up, but after only a couple of hours, it settled to a ++, and i decided i no longer felt like tripping, so basically i hit the "mute" button with my willpower.

This one will always hold a special place for me.

Does anyone remember the chapter in Pihkal that was related to this compound?

This one will always hold a special place for me.

Does anyone remember the chapter in Pihkal that was related to this compound?
Yes :) read it recently, "DOB, one of the old great ones". Remarkable that Shulgin chose DOB out of everything for his last weekend with Ann.

I love DOB, gonna have a full trip again on it soon, I only wish it was more loved

I STILL have yet to try this, even though I've had some for quite some time. And am awaiting 250mg more. I am 100% confident I will love it, as all the DOXs are fantastic drugs (well, DOET is weird actually, and DOM is meh, for me anyway). DOC is absolute gold, and DOPr is incredible (but too long). After all this time I still haven't tried DOB though. It's just getting harder and harder to find the time for DOX-length trips.

To quote PIHKAL (3mg): Wunnerful. It's been one heck of a good experiment, and I can't understand why we waited nine years to try this gorgeous stuff. Without going into the cosmic and delicious details, let's just say it's a great material and a good level.
;)

“Wunnerful stuff” I actually was looking through the lab notes. There’s only a few DOB reports scattered 1979 and 1989, but none of them mention the quote from the book (pihkal).

Perhaps it’s in the Pharmacology Notes, which are far more descriptive than the isolated notes of the Lab Notes (1-9).

Based on Pihkal and Shulgins lab notes, it seems like the preferred dose is around the 2mg-3mg range. Though I find a good amount at the 1.5mg range also. Depends how deep and how much time you have to invest in the exploration.

I STILL have yet to try this, even though I've had some for quite some time. And am awaiting 250mg more. I am 100% confident I will love it, as all the DOXs are fantastic drugs (well, DOET is weird actually, and DOM is meh, for me anyway). DOC is absolute gold, and DOPr is incredible (but too long). After all this time I still haven't tried DOB though. It's just getting harder and harder to find the time for DOX-length trips.
Ha. That’s a lifetime supply mate. Enjoy! (When you get the time for it).

Likely not possible if you have a family, looking after children etc... 😅

Yes :) read it recently, "DOB, one of the old great ones". Remarkable that Shulgin chose DOB out of everything for his last weekend with Ann.

I love DOB, gonna have a full trip again on it soon, I only wish it was more loved
Indeed I just reread that chapter today. Second time through the entire first part of the book.

To quote PIHKAL (3mg): Wunnerful. It's been one heck of a good experiment, and I can't understand why we waited nine years to try this gorgeous stuff. Without going into the cosmic and delicious details, let's just say it's a great material and a good level.
;)
Here’s the full report from the pharmacology notebook “E”.

——
September 10, 1988 Saturday 3.0mg DOB Sasha and Ann
Long time -- it looks like all of nine years! -- since last taking DOB itself, in
this form, at 2.8mg.
Ingestion at 10:20AM. Made a good large pot of chicken-vegetable soup. Listening to
Hal Lindsay, my favorite Saturday morning Fundamentalist radio preacher, bless ’im.
The Democrats are not exactly all anti-American dupes of Moscow (or the Devil), but to Hal Lindsay and his Igor, they are practically, almost, next-door to it. The
Rapture is supposed to happen tomorrow, according to a book newly published (just
in time, looks like) and Hal Lindsay is busy softening the possible disappointment
of those who may find themselves unchanged Monday morning.
Oh, yes. It’s now about 10 to 12 noon, and it’s been a plentiful +3 for at least
half an hour, maybe a bit longer. Body okay. No problems. However, I’ll have to
spend a little time on the potty, as usual, and must get my hair washed.
Now, it’s somewhere around 3:30AM and we’ve been having a ball, mostly with
television (awwww -- well, we all have our weak moments); we’ve seen the last two
hours of Smiley’s People, which I devotedly taped at 3AM, because I love LeCarre
and I also love Alec Guiness. We then happened on a clear HBO channel, showing The Big Easy, with Dennis Quaid and genuoooine Cajun music and lots of murder and good homour . Wunnerful. It’s been one heck of good experiment, and I can’t understand why we waited nine years to try this gorgeous stuff.
Without going into the cosmic and delicious details. let’s just say it’s a great
material and a good level. I would wait a bit before going higher. Maybe I’m
getting old and non-macho -- well, no, it’s just that 30mg seems perfectly FINE.
Oh. yes. I’m at a rolling +2.
Thank you. Goodnight. Smoooooch.
——
So it seems like it’s a bit of text error. Since at the beginning of the full report she says “9 years since taking DOB itself”

So even though Ann says it took “9 years to try this stuff”, there’s an entry of DOB with “ATS + AP” taking 2.0mg and 2.8mg in 1979, respectively. It’s mentioned Labbook 2 page 31 (226) .

And yes, the quote is directly from Ann Shulgin.

Last edited:
Ha. That’s a lifetime supply mate. Enjoy! (When you get the time for it).

Likely not possible if you have a family, looking after children etc... 😅

I don't have any kids or anything, I'm a musician and computer programmer who works from home and goes to music festivals and has a bunch of tripping buddies. :) I'll find time, no doubt about that. But yeah, lifetime supply for sure. I already have blotters of it, but I am a collector of the DOX family of chemicals and like to have it in an amber vial so I can line it up next to the others.

I don't have any kids or anything, I'm a musician and computer programmer who works from home and goes to music festivals and has a bunch of tripping buddies. :) I'll find time, no doubt about that. But yeah, lifetime supply for sure. I already have blotters of it, but I am a collector of the DOX family of chemicals and like to have it in an amber vial so I can line it up next to the others.

Yeah, I find I'm just as much interested in being a collector as well as experiencing these little special molecules. :) I used to play music at festivals. But eventually, for me it came time to start a family.

Sooooo, no wife & children?.... got it =D
Also thanks, never read that.

Did you ever try DOI @Leprechaun ? I wonder how it compares and you can only get so much from reports... (which are mostly clusterfucks of experiences lol)

Yeah, I find I'm just as much interested in being a collector as well as experiencing these little special molecules. :) I used to play music at festivals. But eventually, for me it came time to start a family.

Yeah I would like to start a family some day, and I'm not that young (37). but my girlfriend doesn't want kids so I dunno. My music career is just taking off so maybe not the best time for kids anyway. Well, definitely not the best time. 😁

My collection is insa e by this point, I have disposable income and I love collecting. I've got almost 70 psychedelic compounds and 5 or 6 dissociatives. Gotta catch 'em all! I also write reports on all of them to add to the body of knowledge. There are a number of them I haven't tried yet that I do own.

Aah, I remember reading this on Erowid, so this is you @Leprechaun great report, might bring back some memories :)