• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DiPT Thread

Xorkoth said:
Quoting an old, old post... just because I think this is totally, totally true. Nature is never completely silent, and DiPT gives a new meaning to the heartbeat of the world. Music only distracts and annoys, and prevents the truly psychedelic effects from manifesting.

I completely agree. It has been over three years since my DiPT experience (my how time flies) but I am still in utter awe of it. My jaw also still drops when I read the entries in TIHKAL which suggest there is nothing entheogenic to DiPT...that it simply alters the sense of hearing. But because of the nature of my experience, I know in my heart that I would not have had such a powerful entheogenic experience if I had been anywhere but where I was (in nature, next to a creek.) I am sure I have provided the link to my DiPT experience earlier in the thread...but just in case I didn't....

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=24311

Incidently, the friend I was with who experienced none of the entheogenic effects I did ended up taking DiPT again a few weeks later...but he upped his dosage to 100mg. He took it while camping in the mountains in the wilderness. This time, he had the full experience and also experienced entities and the connection to other demensions.

In the right setting, DiPT is truely one of the most powerful and remarkable psychedelics there is. I don't often list it as one of the best....but it really is one of the best psychedelics I have ever done. And no unwanted extras such as bodyload or nausea.

Xorkoth said:
Anyone tried this plugged? I've got 100mg but with 50mg to get a full experience for me, I'd like to be able to conserve.

Also, has anyone tried combining it with a highly visual tryptamine? I'll bet THAT would be insane. or perhaps a phenethylamine.

I insufflated 40mg a little while before taking some AMT (60mg, I think.. its been a while).

The whole incident was increadibly bizarre. My girlfriend, who is very small and unmistakeably feminine sounding... sounded like one of my larger male friends. When she was talking, walking down the hall, I thought it was him until I saw her. This caught me off guard.

Then when I actually heard him talk, he sounded like a very large, heavy set deep-voiced gangsta rapper.

Then our neighbor came over to see if we could find him a sack of weed. ( At least, thats what I was told.) This guy was an pretty obese wanna-be gangsta type, with a thunderous voice. I couldn't understand anything the man was saying. All I heard was a deep, booming "ribbit! ribbit! ribbit! smoooookina bluuuuuunt...". He sounded like a gigantic toad. I laughed until I was cramped up an hurting. This was the first of two incidents when he came over to ask about finding a sack and I was fried and reacted oddly. I'm sure he thinks I'm nuts, and glad I moved out.

A little while after that, the AMT is kicking in pretty hard. Instead of the DiPT wearing off, it increases in effect. There was some Tool song playing on the stereo, but all I could hear was a horrific screeching. Everyone's voice sounded like a fight between two cheese graters. It was scary as fuck, and kept getting more and more intense.

Then, pretty much out of nowhere, it mellowed out and the AMT took over.

^ :D

DiPT's effect on human voices really is hilarious. I like your descriptions.

Yeah, try DiPT while listening to Grace Slick! First thing I did when I got home (this is after my peak) was put on the Jefferson Airplane. The song “She Has Funny Cars.” Drums start off the song, they sound normal. Then guitar comes in, and it is completely out of tune. Then vocals come on, and my jaw drops. Next song is “White Rabbit” and instead of Grace Slick, I hear this deep man’s voice singing. Unforgettable. But yeah, to get the most from DiPT one needs to be (in my belief) outside, in a quite area, at night. There is a dimension DiPT accesses, but there is no way for one to be aware of it when music, or people, are present to interrupt and disrupt the gateway to this place.

Xorkoth said:
Anyone tried this plugged? I've got 100mg but with 50mg to get a full experience for me, I'd like to be able to conserve.

Also, has anyone tried combining it with a highly visual tryptamine? I'll bet THAT would be insane. or perhaps a phenethylamine.

hate to bump an old thread but i saw this. i've taken 50mg of dipt with 20mg of 4acomipt and was in for a weird night. it was visual, the auditory effects threw everything off, and my thought patterns were even more bizarre.

^^ Any further description of the combo of 4-AcO-MiPT with DiPT? That sounds like it's a potentially great combination! As much detail as you can remember would be nice :)

Or if you ever a trip report for it, you could tell me where it is ;)

I think I must use DIPT again soon too. probably in conjunction with another triptamine indeed. My two previous trials have been intriguing and rewarding but it has been mainly the acoustic shift which persists well into the next day with me that has kept me from doing it again - it does get somewhat annoying at teh end of the trip, and then when it's still there the next day even though everything else is baseline, it really isn't that much fun.

Last time i did dipt was about 200mgs at a music festival over labor day weekend it was awsome i felt the music just passing threw my body.Saw the doors tribute band mojo risein they were awsome and the kashmir and boombox and dark star.Music sounded so awsome.Saw red neonish light like under neath my eyes not a closed eye it was redish at the bottem of my vison somewhat its hard to explain

/\ at 200mg a lot of what I'd see would be VERY hard to explain :D That is a whopping dose

Walked on the Moon said:
hate to bump an old thread but i saw this. i've taken 50mg of dipt with 20mg of 4acomipt and was in for a weird night. it was visual, the auditory effects threw everything off, and my thought patterns were even more bizarre.

Please feel free to go on at length about the effects this combo presented you.

200mg is a huge dose! 50mg is a solid dose for me, although I'd feel good about raising it to 75.

DiPT sounds intresting to me for the auditory effects. That sounds like a very odd effect that nothing else can give. I may have to get a small amount of it and try it out :) I surely wouldn't be looking for a +4 experience though.

^^ Nevertheless, it can and has happened. Personally I'm one of the (evidently) minority who believes this drug is capable of extremely strong psychedelic experiences. I know MGS agrees with me, however.

I don't 'believe' this drug us capable of producing memorable entheogenic experiences....I know it is. And the key to ensuring it is to take DiPT at night, while outiside in complete silence. Other than myself, and a good friend who took my advice...I've yet to read of another DiPT user who took it in the same setting as I.

Just like divinorum.....entheogenic experiences with DiPT are elusive. Set and setting are key if you are looking for more than just an altered sense of hearing.

Ximot said:
/\ at 200mg a lot of what I'd see would be VERY hard to explain :D That is a whopping dose
i couldent understand what plp had to say for almost the whole day well after the trip ended.but there was no negative side effects. i got some minor hallucinations. it was very cool. alls i could was stand in the same place i couldent really move because i was so over taken buy the music.plan to do some over halloween weekend. i will be trying 225 to see how i react before i go. i like this substance because the toxitcy for this is very low.i would like to turn it into freebase to see what the effects would be ive heard a little about it. they say you get pretty sweet hallucinations.I aslo have a very high tolerence to tryptamines it seems to never go away much even after long breaks.

this is just my 2 cents on DiPT..

I took aprox 20 to 25mg and sprinkled it on a bowl of weed. I toked it back till there was nothing left. The smoke tasted horrable.

I think I was more fucked than I thought. I lost my pipe somewhere outside where I was smoking..

I put on some Gwar and all their songs sounded like they were at a lower pitch than what they should have been.

Sometimes it sounded like they had a wammie bar in the guitars, but I knew there was no wammy in any of their songs.

I definately want to try this again.. but with an oral dose

Definitely try an oral dose. I found 50mg to be very profound and one of my best trips. I then took 50mg again a little less than a week later and although the sound alteration was just as intense (and both times the sound was MUCH, MUCH more altered than sounding slightly dropped in pitch), this time the mental effects were almost nothing, whereas the first time the mental effects were the most prominent part.

I would recommend a 50mg dose for your first oral dose - it's intense, but very manageable. Next time I try it I'm going to go for 75mg orally, personally. And also, make sure to take it outside. Listening to music gets old quick, but its real magic lies in going outside and listening to the world hum, and beings trying to communicate through sound from some vast distance, sort of like massive outer space whales. At least that's the impression I got. Also of note is that the mental effects I got were vastly enhanced once I went outside.

i insnuffated 33 mg this evening. first i had a pretty auditory trip (music improved, voices distorted) with minor head trip and CEV/OEV. later on, i smoked some cannabis, which changed this in a full-blown "tryp" a la Psilocybin or LSD with impressive colorful optics. and nitrous oxide could boost that even further. ;)

whole duration: 7-8 hours. i'm on 200 mg Venlafaxine (SNRI antidepressant medication) daily, btw.

Last edited:
How long until the psychedelic effects were noted? For me the onset of DiPT was almost MDMA-like (not euphoric so much, but definitely empatheogenic) with auditory distortions. However at 2hr it was completely psychedelic and even out-of-body...this with 70mg orally.