• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DiPT Thread

How will you know what DiPT does if you take it with another very powerful psychedelic the first time?
Yes, I will obviously do this after, but I think I could probably pick up DiPT's sound effects but the more subtle effects are the ones i'm after anyways. Reading something like TIHKAL makes DiPT seem like nothing but after reading more than a few reports where people were sure theres more too it. I have no idea, why I chose mescaline probably just because I haven't used it in a while and miss it. But I was thinking something like 25-30 mgs and 500 or so mgs of mescaline.

Re: suitability of DiPT to an inexperienced tripper... I'd note that higher doses (c. 75 - 150 mg) can bring with them considerable motor stimulation (jittery legs) and, subjectively at least, general physical stimulation. I often find myself 'floored' (as it were 'forced' by the come-up to lie down, e.g. on a sofa) by DiPT doses in that range. But that range is also where DiPT really begins to shine for me, both in the closed ear audials (this is the dose range when, for me, they start harmonizing and developing more complex melodic, rhythmic and harmonic and timbral structures) and the open ear audials (this is when the inharmonicity seems complete - fully alien rather than merely dissonant - and the perceived pitch effects become severely non-linear (due, in part, to increasingly high amplitude perceived frequency modulation, I think)).

But it could be enjoyable enough at low doses for a beginner. My one experience of seeing an inexperienced (one mild mushroom trip) person take DiPT at c. 40 mg was that they got a bit panicky, spent most of their time in a toilet saying 'I am a robot', and concluded that it was a 'mediocre' drug experience. :)

Most people I mention DiPT too, including those who enjoy the odd psychedelic experience, seem very unenthusiastic about it. :D Personally, I love the stuff.

Took DiPT with 3 others today. Laughed hysterically throughout-hike in the woods to a dam and smoking joyously along the way. What troubled me was afterward when we returned to the apartment and starting playing music, I took a grav-bong rip and a loud buzz occurred in my ear and I panicked and it kept growing until I could do nothing but pass into the void of vertigo white out. Came to in about 10 seconds I'm told, my body tingling violently all over.

I have read that some people experience this fainting/seizure like state when smoking enormous quantities of marijuana, but for me it always been accompanied by something else-first a poorly ventilated room, painter thinner, MDPV, and pot. now strenuous woods hike at about freezing temperature on DiPT and pot, then returning to another hot environment with too much pot.
Take it easy on the marijuana...

Does anyone know the stability for DiPT?
This chemical sounds like a chemical that you use only 1-2 times per year, so 1 gram of it would last me about 10 years. If stored correctly (dry, cold and relatively airtight) do you think it will last this long without much degradation?
I would be getting the HCl salt.

Yes I certainly think so. The question is: can you really secure that it is dry and airtight? That a freezer is cold is often not a very hard part. But using a dessicant the right way and making something actually airtight those are other things.

I am wondering, will 2-3 mg will cause tolerance enough to affect full 40-50 mg dose?

I doubt it would cause much tolerance - DiPT is hardly active at that level. Might cause some downregulation of 5HT receptors? but probably not enough to affect a 40mg+ dose?

That's what I thought, but it's always better to know if someone got strange results.

I tried 40 mg, and got very nice experience, +3 at the peak, and +2 during the rest of the trip. Audial distortions was a great amusement! It was a bit difficult to not laugh when my roommate was saying something. Voices became "robotic" and deep, and music sounded awesome(but a bit dissonant).
And CEVs were really amazing, this was the first time I saw form constant(in the middle).
form-constant-mental-pattern.jpg

This chemical sounds like a chemical that you use only 1-2 times per year, so 1 gram of it would last me about 10 years.
I had similar thoughts until today, but it turned out that DiPT is amazing. I am totally excited, and DiPT has good chances to become one of my favourite psychedelics(if not favourite).

Last edited:
This chemical sounds like a chemical that you use only 1-2 times per year, so 1 gram of it would last me about 10 years.
I had similar thoughts until today, but it turned out that DiPT is amazing. I am totally excited, and DiPT has good chances to become one of my favourite psychedelics(if not favourite).

I wouldn't limit my experiences to only 1-2 times a year because of the effects it produces, but because of the reports of tinnitus earlier in this thread.
No matter how enjoyable the experience may be, I would still be cautious about using this chemical often.

i mixed DipT with DPT but only the DPT had a positive effect... the dipt was pretty boring...

DIPT shelf life

I have a batch of 100mg dipt that is a little over 4 years old stored in a box in my closet. My question is would this substance still be safe to consume oraly/snorted and smoked? Thanks. - DJ BrU

part of me says "eat DiPT it will be a fascinatingly strange distortion experience"

another part of me says "that is a stupid idea" a chemical that seems to cause almost malfunctions in the way your brain processes sound; and i fear long term effects

but there are some shining reviews too...

Last edited:
Auditory HPPD

Just wanted to note that I have now developed extremely annoying tinnitus. I took DiPT 1 time about 7 months ago. It may not be related at all to the DiPT, because I now have VS (Visual Snow), which is kind of like HPPD but without any of the psychedelic visuals and can be caused by extreme stress (I have static, floaters, trails, and now tinnitus). Tinnitus is a standard symptom so who knows. Tinnitus is certainly not worth the effects of DiPT, I know that for sure.

I find a fair few tryptamines give me tinnitus ... plain ole DiPT caused long lasting effects ... it gets really piercing, though mine seems transient

"...it is just a weird chemical that totally fucks with the way your brain processes sound" and i fear long term effects

It looks like cegli hasn't been around lately, but if you are could you please update us on the "Auditory HPPD" effects? Are you still experiencing them, or did they resolve in a way that the Visual HPPD effects often do? Perhaps Willow could chime in and mention if the Auditory HPPD from DiPT did stick around for a long time?

PS- is there such thing as a Gustatory HPPD? How interesting would that be?!

DiPT stories?

Has anyone tried this compound? I have tried pretty much all of the common visual psychedelics but the idea of a primarily auditory psychedelic intrigues me. Unfortunately, there is not much information about it online other than a few reports on erowid. If any of you have any firsthand experience with this drug, I would love to hear about it. I want to know what I'm getting into before I try it.

Welcome to Bluelight,

We have a Big & Dandy DiPT Thread for this, and for you to find out more :D!

This'll be merged with that thread at some point, but since you're new you have time to reply to my post before it gets merged :)

Just so you know, if you go through The Psychedelic Index which is linked at the top of the forum too, you'll find threads for pretty much every psychedelic, along with some other useful threads :)

I tried it in a low dose (couldn't smoke more) and didn't notice any auditory effects. It felt the same as low dose DMT and DET. I guess it takes a higher dose, which I'd imagine would be pretty trippy, so I wouldn't call it a primarily auditory psychedelic.

DiPT is not a "primarily auditory psychedelic". It is a primarily mental psychedelic. Puts me in a spiritually zen kind of mindset and everything becomes rather interesting.

At 70mg there was some auditory .... bending of notes I would say... which lasted at least 10 hours. But overall I could hear fairly normally. It just became hard to play guitar with any accuracy.

DiPT strikes me as the kind of psychedelic that could give people alien or entity contact experiences more easily than most. Although that didn't happen to me, because I tend not to believe in things I'd rather not experience.

If I recall, Morninggloryseed has a couple excellent DiPT reports on Erowid.org

I've read up on DiPT lately. Been fascinated by the auditory effects.
So I decided to add a small quantity of this to my latest order, making this a novel addition to my collection of rare substances.

I ordered from a quite reputable vendor, with whom I've never had a problem.
The DiPT I got now is brownish though, instead of a white powder, as which it has been described to me. This doesn't really bother me since it's known to me that tryptamines tend to turn brown over time because of oxidation processes.

What really puts me off though is the smell. I keep it in 3 zip-lock bags and I can still smell it from like 2 feet away.
It just smells horrible! I don't even know anything I could compare it to!

Is this also just a byproduct of the oxidation, so that it's safe to ingest?
I just can't get myself to pour some horribly smelling powder down my throat. I just really want to try it though...Masking the taste with a lot of juice probably wouldn't be a problem.

Has anybody else experienced this with DiPT?