• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Diphenidine Thread

@Mr. Meowfis
Seeing you are such a big fan of dissociatives, I am pretty sure you will like this one. It's much closer to PCP than to ketamine and MXE though. I've used both ketamine and mxe intravenously and it's my preferred ROA for both of them. Diphenidine on the other hand... I just don't feel any urge to IV that one because it is intense as fuck even when used orally. IF you do try to IV diphenidine, I'd suggest that you start with about 20% of what you would take orally. There are a few anecdotes which claim the smoked dosage is only about 20% as high as that for the oral roa and the experience lasts much shorter. I could imagine that it just takes forever to get absorbed when you use it orally which would explain why it lasts much longer than smoked diphenidine.
I'm really glad to hear there are more people out there who get such absurd enjoyment out of Air (mostly Talkie Walkie for me) on dissociatives. Solipsis has repeatedly asked us to keep the music and social talk out of this thread though, so best leave it at that. :D

EDIT: Another word of warning. Diphenidine might be quite habit forming when inhaled, if it is anything like PCP in that respect. I can't see me IV'ing a dissociative over and over in the course of a single session, but with smoking it's very easy to lose track and just keep hitting that pipe.

WOW, you just got me psyched to check this one out! As much as I LOVE MXE, if I had a disco of choice, I would have to call it PCP. MXE is a little bit "Cold" for me at times physically, kind of like how Ketamine was at times. I honestly wonder sometimes if I would enjoy MXE as much as I do if I wasn't on an Opiate 24/7 - I'm prescribed Buprenorphine about 4-8mgs daily. I feel like it adds the warmth and glowiness that always made me love DXM - and what first drew me to trying PCP. Angel Dust is just in a league of it's own. Music is downright amazing, the visuals and colors are so bright and twisted - it's just a fucking candyland of colors. MXE reminds me of becoming or turning into a Hologram, like I've completely left the plane of existence that all other non disco'd humans reside on. As much as I don't really care for the MXE description, to me is like "Entering the Matrix" as many people have so fondly said at times.

I am a crazy mother fucker sometimes when I get down on MXE. I get manic as FUCK, even if I'm just chilling at my house. Sometimes I would stay up for 30-36 hours at at time, doing up to 4 or 5 IV shot anywhere from 50-75mgs of MXE. I once booted about 150mgs at the tale end of a session like that and basically COMPLETELY anesthetized myself unintentionally, waking up on my floor in my kitchen STILL in the middle of a madmans M-Hole wondering if I was alive or dead, or if I had reached the afterlife. I now set STRICT limits that I follow when getting crazy like that so I don't hurt myself on accident. I only relay this story as an example of how even a veteran of these compounds can get themselves in WAY too deep. I'm quite looking forward to checking out some Diphenidine and putting some in a rolling paper with some mint leaves and tobacco. Sounds like my kind of party. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
I recently had this experience with this MXE analogue.

Did anyone ever have an experience like everything, including you, just dissolved into energy?

I'm not experiened with psychedelics, so I don't know how common something like this is, but for a good length of time I could just feel the whole world just dissolving and everything being just waves of fluid energy.

It was awesome, and it seemed so real, I wasn't even sure if it was an objective or subjective experience. It felt really objective and like I imagine it would be if the whole world ascended to a higher dimension. Like a transition-phase or something before it rearranged itself again.

Too bad I wasn't sober, though, or it might have been real. Or for me personally. "The day the whole world went to heaven and we didn't even have to do anything".

Too bad I wasn't sober, though, or it might have been real.
This. lol

Diphenidine is an MK-801 (dizocilpine) analogue more than anything else. MK-801 is one of the most popular nmda-antagonists used in research. It's very potent and highly selective.

I thought it was something approximately close enough to be an analogue.

It is a bit different, though. I like it more, has a better feeling in a way. Like MXE benzos also hinder psychedelic activity, but if you just have a bit in your system it still works and seems to make it better.

I don't know, I always take really big doses to get an effect of these drugs. They also only seem to stay effective for 5 days in a row or so, with the first one and two days with the most potential to be psychedelic. But I would guess it was about a 200 mg dose for that experience. Probably the most spiritual experience I've had on drugs, the others have mostly been love/unity stuff. Oh, and being sucked into movies like you are there.

I thought it was something approximately close enough to be an analogue.
Well you aren't entirely wrong to call it a mxe analogue, since there is close functional similarity on a pharmacological level. Diphenidine is structurally much closer related to MK-801 though and presumably in it's binding profile, too.

Anyway, it's a very impressive dissociative and I was hoping it wouldn't gain much popularity, so it would remain legal. It seems like I might've been wrong.

so 200 mg of this parachuted with 100 mg bk2cb is a fantastic combo. hard to explain without sounding like a complete nutter.

so 200 mg of this parachuted with 100 mg bk2cb is a fantastic combo. hard to explain without sounding like a complete nutter.
Dude are you nuts? You cannot give people these dosage recommendations, without telling them about your tolerance!

DO NOT follow his advice if you are unfamiliar with the chemical. For your first oral dose, go for no more than 120mg. 200mg will make you blackout with no recollection over what happened.

sorry, forgot to mention my tolerance, but i found it builds rapidly to this chem, i had been off it for a while before combining with bk2cb

for a first timer, i wouldnt push over 150 mg, but with all these things ymmv

for a first timer, i wouldnt push over 150 mg, but with all these things ymmv
And only if you have some dissociative experience imho. If you want to get a feel for it 100-120 is plenty. If you are looking for maximum effects, I wouldn't go past 150mg without tolerance, above that most people just black out.

Diphenidine is an MK-801 (dizocilpine) analogue more than anything else.

No, nothing of the sort. Diphenidine is a Lefetamine analogue, where dimethylamine is swapped with piperidine. Its a predominantly NMDA antagonist Lefetamine analogue, so it might well haqve some opioid agonist/antagonist effects as well. As chemical analogues go, Diphenidine is inbetween Lefetamine and MT-45.

Has anyone on here tried combining diphenidine with any other psychedelics or empathogenic/entheogenic drugs?
Have now tried this with both 5-EAPB and 25b-NBOMe on separate occasions. The dose of 5-EAPB combined with the diphenidine was 80mg each of both drugs, which for me and my friend produced a very relaxed, serene experience with heavy empathogenic overtones. Pretty much just laid on my bed listening to music and reminiscing about memories. We'd both had a couple of drinks beforehand so were a bit drunk as well. Was a pleasant experience though not at the incredible level that mixing, for example, ketamine and MDMA could reach. Had a bit of trouble getting to sleep afterwards but taking a couple of etizolam helped and still felt fairly relaxed so it wasn't too annoying.

With the 25b-NBOMe the dose was around 500ug of NBOMe combined with a few drinks as well (probably wouldn't have tried this combo if I hadn't been a bit drunk a I find NBOMe intense enough by itself sometimes). Initially around 80mg of diphenidine was ingested with it, but this was redosed multiple times during the night so I'm not sure what the overall intake was. Although it was an experience I don't think I'll be trying a combination like this again - I was very emotional for part of the trip (not sure if this was the NBOMe or the diphenidine or both interacting with each other) and then spent most of the rest of the night in a state of almost madness, hysterically laughing and forgetting what I was doing or what was going on. My friends had taken a larger amount of NBOMe were also doing diphenidine, and again were in a bit of a state. I remember worrying at one point that I had genuinely gone crazy and had broken myself with the drugs. The experience generally was very reckless and I feel lucky to have come out of it with just a bit of embarrassment rather than permanant harm to myelf. Anyone mixing diphenidine with NBOMe be careful, and don't dose drunk.

No, nothing of the sort. Diphenidine is a Lefetamine analogue, where dimethylamine is swapped with piperidine. Its a predominantly NMDA antagonist Lefetamine analogue, so it might well haqve some opioid agonist/antagonist effects as well. As chemical analogues go, Diphenidine is inbetween Lefetamine and MT-45.
"Nothing of the sort"? Dude, you sound like a massive twat there, in case that isn't apparent to you. ;P

Diphenidine is in no way a functional analogue of lefetamine, despite the similarity in structure. That is just plain wrong. I am assuming you are a chemist and are using the word analogue synonymously with "structural analogue", otherwise you wouldn't just disregard the fact that lefetamine and diphenidine are not sharing any pharmacological action that we know of.

Now, from a structural perspective you are of course correct. It is an analogue of lefetamine, but it is still very close in structure to MK-801 and is also a homeomorph of said molecule.

On the other hand, this DOES seem to bind differently from MK-801. That was one aim of the study, to demonstrate that diphenidine and methoxyphenidine do not profit from an opened nmda channel. In the case of MK-801, an open channel does not only allow for the cation current to flow (mostly Ca2+), but also for MK-801 to bind, since the binding site is located inside the channel (just like the pcp site, not sure if mk-801 also binds to that). This is apparently not the case for these two compounds. Correct me if I misunderstood that part, but it seems diphenidine's binding site is outside the channel.

To be honest, looking at these properties, it might be better not to call it a MK-801 analogue after all (and sure the hell not an MXE analogue lol). We can all agree though that it is a (kickass) dissociative which is very close in effects to PCP.

Last edited:
So this is in fact a structural mk801 analog?
Had a sample of that one a few years ago, how anyone considers it a recreational drug is beyond me.

Last edited:
god damn it ive slept for over 24 hours nearly solid after my last bender on this stuff not a good sign is it my brain is telling me it need one hell of a rest thinking some kind of toxic poisoning going here ?

So this is in fact a structural mk801 analog?
Had a sample of that one a few years ago, how anyone considers it a recreational drug is beyond me.
Haha dude, read the last few posts... It's a structural analogue of lefetamine as Asante has pointed out. If you have to ask, I'll make the bold claim that it isn't of much interest to you which other molecule it is closest to in structure. It's a homeomorph of MK-801, but it does not seem to share the same binding sites if the paper can be trusted (I haven't really read it critically). From what I've heard about MK-801 it seems to be closest to that dissociative in effects, but from the ones I've personally used it's closest to PCP.

So I suggest we all forget about calling it an analogue of anything. Imho it's viable to call it an analogue of MK-801, but also of PCP and lefetamine, but that won't give the average bluelighter much of a clue what to expect from it. Just call it a novel dissociative, an intense one.

god damn it ive slept for over 24 hours nearly solid after my last bender on this stuff not a good sign is it my brain is telling me it need one hell of a rest thinking some kind of toxic poisoning going here ?
I slept 50h after my first acid dose (first psychedelic I tried). Slept through Dec 31st and part of Jan 1st, had people play drums in my room and had my eyebrows shaved off. I've never been able to explain how that happened. Unfortunately, I cannot explain you why you slept 24h either. From all I've heard from you so far, it might be a good idea to just go easy on the stuff though. We really don't know just what it might do to your body and mind. But I've told you before, more than once, so I'm gonna shut up. How did you dose that night?

Although I'm yet to try Diphenidine, I will say I've had a similar type of lethargy happen to me when coming down from MXE or 3-MeO-PCP binges, although at the same time - I feel like the longer the bender, the more my mind/body adapts to what I'm doing and I don't really require as much sleep as I would usually need. Some of that is just because I can't/don't want to stay in bed all day when I've got Portals to explore, so I don't sleep more than 7-8 hours when I would normally sleep 10-12.

After a long bender though, I always end up sleeping for at least a 24-30 hour period, sometimes even longer. I'm sure Diphenidine could have something completely different going on that causes this, but from my experience with MXE, I always felt like it was coming from my brain just being super amped up being used to it's full capacity for an extended period of time. When I'm in the land, I'm love going for walks, bike rides, skateboarding - I always try and take advantage of the energy and motivation that it gives me which is something that I tend to lack sober. I never felt like there was something Poisonous or Toxic about that feeling - I've just been using my body and mind to the fullest capacity I can use them for 2 straight months, or even 2 weeks - it makes sense to me and doesn't seem unnatural that our bodies would like a little extra time to regenerate for the first day or two.

I attribute it more to the way I choose to live my life during those adventures, than something being truly wrong with myself. I've been off of dissociatives for a solid 2 months now and haven't noticed anything permanent lingering, other than the stuff I've had around since I first started on my trip with MXE. If you don't enjoy the type of Visuals you get from these compounds, I don't really recommend doing them for too long or taking them to their limits too often - as I will randomly have dissociative styled visuals from time to time, even after an extended period of abstinence. I really don't mind - I kind of expected it because I got a similar effect after using DXM way too much. Dissociatives just seem to really ramp up the amount of electricity being used in our brains if that makes sense - every circuit is on and fully charged, ready to go at a moments notice. It's pretty damn interesting - it feels like being on psychedelic adderall/speed. If that's what it's really doing, it would makes sense ending up feeling lazy and sleeping for a whole day or 2 even. I've done that after gnarly LSD trips as well. I've always felt like psychedelics/dissociatives just push our minds and bodies into whole new realms of what's possible as a human being. Being a little worn out is a small price to pay.

Has anyone had good results from using this substance and watching films? Does it make the experience any more immersive in the same way it does with K?

Haha dude, read the last few posts... It's a structural analogue of lefetamine as Asante has pointed out. If you have to ask, I'll make the bold claim that it isn't of much interest to you which other molecule it is closest to in structure. It's a homeomorph of MK-801, but it does not seem to share the same binding sites if the paper can be trusted (I haven't really read it critically). From what I've heard about MK-801 it seems to be closest to that dissociative in effects, but from the ones I've personally used it's closest to PCP.

So I suggest we all forget about calling it an analogue of anything. Imho it's viable to call it an analogue of MK-801, but also of PCP and lefetamine, but that won't give the average bluelighter much of a clue what to expect from it. Just call it a novel dissociative, an intense one.

I slept 50h after my first acid dose (first psychedelic I tried). Slept through Dec 31st and part of Jan 1st, had people play drums in my room and had my eyebrows shaved off. I've never been able to explain how that happened. Unfortunately, I cannot explain you why you slept 24h either. From all I've heard from you so far, it might be a good idea to just go easy on the stuff though. We really don't know just what it might do to your body and mind. But I've told you before, more than once, so I'm gonna shut up. How did you dose that night?

I didn't dose that night I had slept roughly on and off for about the same time since my last dose on Sunday/Monday morning but had to go out Tuesday so that interrupted everything but from Tuesday night till 4amish this morning I slept all most solid

and yes same old same old with no self control one good thing though I've got an appointment next week with the doctors about getting on to some kind of therapy so it will most likely stop my drug use as I wont be able to take certain stuff because of the meds their going to put me on

Has anyone had good results from using this substance and watching films? Does it make the experience any more immersive in the same way it does with K?

haha now where have I seen this question already tonight ? :) how about sin city ?

Last edited by a moderator: