• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Diphenidine Thread

NMDA antagonists seem to be the worst of the worst when it comes to long term tolerance. Its one class of substance I haven't used frequently, so I have no tolerance issues, but I've heard from plenty of people who claim that months away from the substance do little for reversing tolerance. Its more complex than just linear tolerance, I've experienced tachyphylaxis with numerous substances, and now I can only use those substances once a month, if I attempt to use them more than that they simply don't work at all, and even worse I can mysteriously find myself in withdrawal mode after using the substance only 2 or 3 days in a row. I learned my lesson after seeing this happen with GHB and opiates. Its not that difficult to limit use of a particular class of substance to once every 2 weeks or so. I tried phenibut recently after avoiding it for a year due to a bad experience with tachyphylaxis followed by withdrawal, and it worked. I got the positive effects once again, but this time I chose not to redose and now I'm fine. It took an ass kicking to turn me into a responsible, moderate user of substances. What I'm saying is don't make the mistake of driving tolerance up in the first place. Its so easy to avoid, but so difficult to come back from.

22 years, I can imagine your having some rough times right now. I quit amphetamines after 4-5 years of use, and I'm having a rough time with lethargy, low motivation and restlessness. PQQ, coenzyme Q10, acetylcarnitine, phosphatidylserine, all these things help the brain recover by healing/protecting the mitochondria, I've come up with a huge arsenal of stuff to accelerate recovery, I'll PM you with info if you want. I started a thread about this kinda stuff here a while ago, take a look at my profile to see it.

thank you for the tips frogwarrior il look into this im just miffed at the minutes as for the first time i found a doctor that i could get to see me as person not a drug seeker just for her to leave the practice so i have to start all over again now

remember people if you are sniffing this stuff its like eph the stim for making a mess out of your nose i have really painful sinus headaches at the minute just on the left hand side of my head the side that bleed was on really badly last time and that is about a month since and still causing pain .

not had any bleeds since like when abusing eph but the headaches are worse

Last edited:
Does anyone know approximately how long it takes Diphenidine tolerance to go down? eg if I did 100mg of Diph one night would doing the same amount a week later have the same effects or would a longer tolerance break/more of the substance be needed to achieve similar effects? I've become interested into this substance recently and would like to experiment with it more often this year but don't want to fuck myself up by taking it too often for my brain to recover from it or to end up with a massive tolerance so I have to spend a fortune to get high lol. I appreciate this substance is very new to the recreational drugs scene so the answer probably isn't known yet but the people posting in this thread seem to know a fair amount about it so even an educated guess would be appreciated!
I've had about 9 years of dissociative experience now and I would advice you to not do them more often than every 1-2 months. It would also be best to write the dates down because your memory can be very deceiving.
I personally used diphenidine 3 times in december (in ~1wk intervals) and didn't notice a tolerance. I think I went through 600mg throughout a whole day the first or second time, but it didn't take more than 150 or 180 (and a 2h 50mg redose I think) the 3rd time to get me go insane. It's somewhere in this thread. Don't make the mistake or redosing too quickly or too much because it will leave you in complete void over a certain dose. After doing allergy test, I'd do 120-150mg.

If you do not have dissociative experience, try 80mg (after a microdose of a few mg). I'd imagine a high dose can be quite dysphoric for a first time user. Ketamine is very different in that it produces whole worlds full of visual and tactile sensations that can be explored, while phencyclidine (PCP) is closer to diphenidine and tends to produce a greater sense of confusion, potentially resulting in discomfort. Imagine dreaming of being a 5th grader having to sit through a very long scientific lecture of which you do not understand a word. Seconds drag for hours, you can't do anything productive, you can't sleep it off, you don't really know what's happening to your brain (Am I fried forever? Who poisoned me? Am I crazy? Am I dead? Am I time travelling? Who am I really??). It is an acquired taste. Some people simply do not enjoy dissociatives at all. This one though is most definitely only for hardcore dissociative enthusiasts.

If you are in fact inexperienced with dissociatives I would also strongly advise someone sober with you who can prevent you from doing stupid shit. You could also try smoking some instead, which supposedly works very well. You apparently need a much smaller dosage (20mg were reported). I would work myself up from 5mg. For me the first time intranasal pcp was a horrible experience while smoking it had me hooked in an instant (it is much easier to control use than use of other habit forming substances like opiates, downers, stimulants for most people).

Last edited:
just got 6x0.5 baggies of the stuff which is really handy and really good way to do this so i now don't have to separate it different bags or have the problem of having 3g in one lump
new supplier this week as the dos attack put me off using my normal one which i am glad it has as both the 0.5gs and quality is much better 20mg or so vaped and i am wrapped in a nice feeling cotton wool type tingling at the minute going to now dive in to a d-hole for the rest of the day as i have canceled my appointments because the post was running late and i can't risk having signed for stuff coming without me being here at the minute as i am meant to be going clean of drugs but sod that i can't handle things without a crutch at the minute sooner my doctor gets me on some kind of meds and this cognitive therapy the better then i may not have to rely on the post to medicate myself so much :)

reminder to myself can not use left nostril this time :)

* music moved to Big & Dandy Music on Dissociatives Thread *

Last edited by a moderator:
just got 6x0.5 baggies of the stuff which is really handy and really good way to do this so i now don't have to separate it different bags or have the problem of having 3g in one lump
new supplier this week as the dos attack put me off using my normal one which i am glad it has as both the 0.5gs and quality is much better 20mg or so vaped and i am wrapped in a nice feeling cotton wool type tingling at the minute going to now dive in to a d-hole for the rest of the day as i have canceled my appointments because the post was running late and i can't risk having signed for stuff coming without me being here at the minute as i am meant to be going clean of drugs but sod that i can't handle things without a crutch at the minute sooner my doctor gets me on some kind of meds and this cognitive therapy the better then i may not have to rely on the post to medicate myself so much :)
It's not easy reading that "sentence" and actually comprehending it. Just saying... ;) Careful man, this is a very powerful NMDA antagonist, it might have an effect on your brain compared to ketamine analogous to the effects of heroin compared to morphine. We just don't know. If you were intoxicated when you wrote that, it's all good I guess. If you weren't, make sure you are 100% okay. You are one of the few people on this planet who are using this substance on a regular basis...

I've had about 9 years of dissociative experience now and I would advice you to not do them more often than every 1-2 months. It would also be best to write the dates down because your memory can be very deceiving.
I personally used diphenidine 3 times in december (in ~1wk intervals) and didn't notice a tolerance. I think I went through 600mg throughout a whole day the first or second time, but it didn't take more than 150 or 180 (and a 2h 50mg redose I think) the 3rd time to get me go insane. It's somewhere in this thread. Don't make the mistake or redosing too quickly or too much because it will leave you in complete void over a certain dose. After doing allergy test, I'd do 120-150mg.

If you do not have dissociative experience, try 80mg (after a microdose of a few mg). I'd imagine a high dose can be quite dysphoric for a first time user. Ketamine is very different in that it produces whole worlds full of visual and tactile sensations that can be explored, while phencyclidine (PCP) is closer to diphenidine and tends to produce a greater sense of confusion, potentially resulting in discomfort. Imagine dreaming of being a 5th grader having to sit through a very long scientific lecture of which you do not understand a word. Seconds drag for hours, you can't do anything productive, you can't sleep it off, you don't really know what's happening to your brain (Am I fried forever? Who poisoned me? Am I crazy? Am I dead? Am I time travelling? Who am I really??). It is an acquired taste. Some people simply do not enjoy dissociatives at all. This one though is most definitely only for hardcore dissociative enthusiasts.

If you are in fact inexperienced with dissociatives I would also strongly advise someone sober with you who can prevent you from doing stupid shit. You could also try smoking some instead, which supposedly works very well. You apparently need a much smaller dosage (20mg were reported). I would work myself up from 5mg. For me the first time intranasal pcp was a horrible experience while smoking it had me hooked in an instant (it is much easier to control use than use of other habit forming substances like opiates, downers, stimulants for most people).

Thank you for your comprehensive reply! Until last year my only dissociative experiences had been with ketamine, never had abuse, tolerance or addiction issues with it (though this could be due to its sporadic availability in my area over the past few years rather than my own self control lol). I discovered diphenidine and its MXP variant at the end of last year and was intrigued as the effects I got from them were like no drugs I'd ever taken before. Have had a couple of slightly scary trips from them but at the same time have also enjoyed some wonderfully weird and euphoric experiences with them as well, 130mg of diphenidine with a small redose a couple of hours in produced my favourite drug trip I've had this year so far. I'm definitely trying to be careful with them now and have decided it' not a good idea for me to get into the habit of using them too often anyway, was just curious about tolerance to them as well. It's definitely a very interesting drug though, even if I prefer ketamine for recreational use. Thanks to everyone in this thread who's posted here regularly, I've found a lot of information about this chemical out and greatly enjoy reading about your experiences with it!

Alright fellas, should we say that insufflation of freebase dp is a bad ROA. The freebase burns the nasal cavity for a long time, I don't have any pH strips but I'm pretty sure if I tested it I'd find its quite alkaline. People end up with a uninostril from snorting cocaine for too long, and cocaine is the salt form of the drug, not even the freebase. I'll figure out the pKa of this compound at some point, but theoretically a molecule like diphenidine should be pretty alkaline. Tertiary amines are more alkaline because of the electron donating effects of the alkyl substituents. Sorry for the chemistry jargon, just need to lay it out there. I'm no authority on anything, but I'm gonna go ahead and say insufflation of dp freebase is a bad idea. It should be converted to its neutral salt form, if one wants to go the insufflation route. I could be wrong though, so anyone with more knowledge feel free to correct me.

Alright fellas, should we say that insufflation of freebase dp is a bad ROA. The freebase burns the nasal cavity for a long time, I don't have any pH strips but I'm pretty sure if I tested it I'd find its quite alkaline. People end up with a uninostril from snorting cocaine for too long, and cocaine is the salt form of the drug, not even the freebase. I'll figure out the pKa of this compound at some point, but theoretically a molecule like diphenidine should be pretty alkaline. Tertiary amines are more alkaline because of the electron donating effects of the alkyl substituents. Sorry for the chemistry jargon, just need to lay it out there. I'm no authority on anything, but I'm gonna go ahead and say insufflation of dp freebase is a bad idea. It should be converted to its neutral salt form, if one wants to go the insufflation route. I could be wrong though, so anyone with more knowledge feel free to correct me.
I really don't understand why epople enjoy insufflating chemicals so damn much. It's fucking disgusting. OF COURSE it's a bad route for this chemical from all I have heard, but I personally wouldn't even have gotten the idea to try it.

Thank you for your comprehensive reply! Until last year my only dissociative experiences had been with ketamine, never had abuse, tolerance or addiction issues with it (though this could be due to its sporadic availability in my area over the past few years rather than my own self control lol). I discovered diphenidine and its MXP variant at the end of last year and was intrigued as the effects I got from them were like no drugs I'd ever taken before. Have had a couple of slightly scary trips from them but at the same time have also enjoyed some wonderfully weird and euphoric experiences with them as well, 130mg of diphenidine with a small redose a couple of hours in produced my favourite drug trip I've had this year so far. I'm definitely trying to be careful with them now and have decided it' not a good idea for me to get into the habit of using them too often anyway, was just curious about tolerance to them as well. It's definitely a very interesting drug though, even if I prefer ketamine for recreational use. Thanks to everyone in this thread who's posted here regularly, I've found a lot of information about this chemical out and greatly enjoy reading about your experiences with it!
You're welcome, man. So I see you have a bit more experience with this stuff. You should know that the effects of dissociatives on you tend to change with the number of times you've been using them. It's not a flat tolerance in the classical sense, which you can just come by with an increased dosage, but instead most people are not able to reach the same effects that they used to experience anymore. This is especially the case for ketamine, which lead me to switch from intranasal to IM and later to IV use. I never noticed anything that extreme for pcp, but when I'm looking at my friends on diphenidine, I am pretty damn sure they are way further out than I am.

I really don't understand why epople enjoy insufflating chemicals so damn much. It's fucking disgusting. OF COURSE it's a bad route for this chemical from all I have heard, but I personally wouldn't even have gotten the idea to try it.
I personally like it because it has good bioavailability and its more convenient than plugging or IVing (which I've yet to try, although would like to), and it bypasses the GI tract so it doesn't lose potency by being dispersed in the stomach and being converted to a salt by gastic acid. Not sure if insufflation bypasses first pass metabolism of not. Vaping is my favourite ROA, but I've only had success with dp when its mixed in with herbs (I used chamomile tea), I think theres a risk of combustion by products if the heat gets too intense, but thats just speculation, I don't know.

Okay, 100mg oral dose = good. No nasal burn. Gets converted in the stomach into the HCl salt. Still has good potency. 100mg oral feels like 80mg insfufflated. Hard to tell with insufflated due to urge to blow nose. Stomach naturally neutralises freeabasedp to dpHCl, and dpHCl has good bioavailability. Smoking might cause burning of lungs and could produce unwanted combustion byproducts. But may also have higher bioavailability. Smoking = not fully known,

100mg ingested orally = neutralized to salt in stomach = good biovailability = most sensisible ROA

All theoretical of course

Best + safest ROA = oral

Ok, no doubt fellas, dp is an entheogen. It gives me insight into how I can help other people in their philosophopies about life, give them knowledge which will help them see things through a positivie light. We need to make this a sacrament. This needs to be protected by law, because the very people making the laws, are people we can help by showing them the right philosopy that does good for all. We can make this world a better place. This isn't recreation. This is creation. Creation of wonders. Wonders which willl make the world a better place. Win win for everyone. Thats what its all about. Need I repeat the song? Ok the song need be repeated

* music moved to Big & Dandy Music on Dissociatives Thread *

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone on here tried combining diphenidine with any other psychedelics or empathogenic/entheogenic drugs? If yes, what were your results? If no, would anyone care to speculate on the possible results/safety of such a combo? I really like diphenidine by itself but there are often points during the experience, especially in the last hours of the trip where there is still dissociation but a bit of a blank and empty feeling, was wondering if a low dose of something like EAPB, bk-2cb or 25c-NBOH etc might help add a bit more "magic" to the feeling. My main worries are potential heart issues due to overstimulation (I've found diphenidine mildly stimulating) if combined with one of these other chemicals, so if I added anything to the diphenidine mix it would be at a much lower dose than usual. Also I don't know if diphenidine has any conflict with the serotonin system that could result in serotonin syndrome? I'd like to do more with diphenidine but if it would be unsafe (more so than it is already!) to combine it with these chemicals then I'd rather not take the risk just to have a bit more "magic" lol. I reckon it could go quite nicely with something like weed but sadly don't have access to that at the moment. I've combined it with benzos and alcohol before for a very relaxing but not especially memorable experiences without issue. Read a post earlier in the thread about someone having a great experience on this and DMT, and one about a not so great experience on MPA, only combos I've come across so far...

I reckon it could go quite nicely with something like weed

It does indeed, if you don't overdo it (I'm prone to get pretty anxious from weed, so I have to keep the amounts low). Especially since I also find diphenidine a wee bit stimulating, which the cannabis can nicely smooth out on the come down (at least if it's a good indica). It helps me sleep afterwards, together with some etizolam.

Best + safest ROA = oral
ORLY?! That comes as a huge surprise! ^^ Did it really take 20 people put that caustic shit up their noses to realize it though?

Has anyone on here tried combining diphenidine with any other psychedelics or empathogenic/entheogenic drugs? [...] Read a post earlier in the thread about someone having a great experience on this and DMT, and one about a not so great experience on MPA, only combos I've come across so far...
Dissociatives generally go very well with psychedelics, but it can also be a very intense experience. I smoked some DMT on a large dose of diphenidine (over 150mg) and loved it.

love it

Has someone tried vaping/smoking this?

It's freebase, melts fast and gives a clear smoke which obviously smells and tastes horrible. Cant say for sure if or how aktive this roa is and I'm in fear of toxic pyrolysis byproducts.

So i only tested very small amounts. Oral is definitely the best roa and I've had very good experiences with this chem. Unfortunately I seem to have a huge tolerance to this only from d-methadone (now) and mxe years ago.

I also find it quite stimulating so sleeping was impossible on a high dose and i never came near a hole. But you can stare at one spot with a total blank mind for hours. This is something I never experienced before. Not one thought came through my brain but i can clearly remember it and could get out of it any time if I wanted to. Never lost control but would advise on a sitter for unexperienced and high dose trips.

If you ever asked yourself what is the most psychotic mindstate you can get yourself in... just mix it with deliriants. I would love to write this experience down but I just cant find the words to describe it.

Not shur on how many ppl tried smoking this stuff but I have feel in love better then crack stick 5mg on a bed of ash in the glass pipe small drags are needed as the longer you hold the better the buzz and it's a little addictive lol enjoy if you try it ;-)

Has anyone on here tried combining diphenidine with any other psychedelics or empathogenic/entheogenic drugs? If yes, what were your results? If no, would anyone care to speculate on the possible results/safety of such a combo? I really like diphenidine by itself but there are often points during the experience, especially in the last hours of the trip where there is still dissociation but a bit of a blank and empty feeling, was wondering if a low dose of something like EAPB, bk-2cb or 25c-NBOH etc might help add a bit more "magic" to the feeling. My main worries are potential heart issues due to overstimulation (I've found diphenidine mildly stimulating) if combined with one of these other chemicals, so if I added anything to the diphenidine mix it would be at a much lower dose than usual. Also I don't know if diphenidine has any conflict with the serotonin system that could result in serotonin syndrome? I'd like to do more with diphenidine but if it would be unsafe (more so than it is already!) to combine it with these chemicals then I'd rather not take the risk just to have a bit more "magic" lol. I reckon it could go quite nicely with something like weed but sadly don't have access to that at the moment. I've combined it with benzos and alcohol before for a very relaxing but not especially memorable experiences without issue. Read a post earlier in the thread about someone having a great experience on this and DMT, and one about a not so great experience on MPA, only combos I've come across so far...

I tried it with DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. Great combo IME. I dunno about mixing long lasting serotonergics, I recommend having some sedatives handy (benzos or z-drugs, I'd avoid anything like opiates or GHB) just in case you start panicking and heart starts racing. I wanna try combining it with salvia, next time I get some sally. I'd say just start with low doses of the serotonergic psychedelic and slowly work your way up. Serotonin syndrome will become symptomatic before it becomes dangerous.

ORLY?! That comes as a huge surprise! ^^ Did it really take 20 people put that caustic shit up their noses to realize it though?

Dissociatives generally go very well with psychedelics, but it can also be a very intense experience. I smoked some DMT on a large dose of diphenidine (over 150mg) and loved it.
lol, some substances are better insufflated than swallowed. Not too many people eat cocaine. dp however isn't one of those substances. Oral works just fine. Just takes a slightly higher dose. Ended up doing 150mg in total and was nicely warped. Wasn't too far out there, didn't get paralysed. Have yet to be holed but I think when you get that paralyses, your foots in the door.

I have a ahard time getting what the effects of this is?

Is it in any way comparable to any other drug or combination of drugs?
You can't really read about it, you have to just try it. I'd say 100mg orally would give you an idea of what dp is about. However, after doing it about 5 times, I still have no clue what dp is about. Its a strange one, thats for sure.

You can't really read about it, you have to just try it. I'd say 100mg orally would give you an idea of what dp is about. However, after doing it about 5 times, I still have no clue what dp is about. Its a strange one, thats for sure.
Just imagine going completely batshit. Many people, me included, gain insights into their own life, the choices they've made, with the added gimmick of being able to tweak events at my own will, so that new realities can unfold inside my mind and seem as if they're the actual reality I am living in. You can easily lose track of who you really are (and more importantly WHAT THE FUCK is going on). It's very surreal. Actually, if I had to describe the experience in one word, "surreal" would be best fitting. Diphenidine also makes me extremely horny, much moreso than MDPV or booze lol.

Last edited:
Some music was moved to Big & Dandy Music on Dissociatives Thread, especially the embedded vids clutter up the thread - also it will be 'missed' in the thread that is especially meant for it. I've asked you this before and I will not ask again. That a drug becomes rather popular or is considered to be special in ways doesn't warrant these threads turning into social threads.

Some music was moved to Big & Dandy Music on Dissociatives Thread, especially the embedded vids clutter up the thread - also it will be 'missed' in the thread that is especially meant for it. I've asked you this before and I will not ask again. That a drug becomes rather popular or is considered to be special in ways doesn't warrant these threads turning into social threads.
Always so serious. ^^

It's becoming a habit, posting music vids and slowchatting is for social threads - if nobody says anything the lines between types of thread blur. No offense, but end of discussion. :) I must be off.

Just great. Now everyone's afraid to make another post here. :D

I start off with 150-170mg. I usually redose 50mg at the tail end of the plateau which seems to be around 90-120min, which will of course increase the duration. Last time I did that sleep came after no less than 7 or 8 hours actually, so I assumed without the redosing (I've always redosed at least once) it should be 5-6.

Regarding the subject off music. Has anyone ever tried listening to Air's "Talkie Walkie" on Ketamine or any other dissociative for that matter? It's such a strange synergy...

I don't have any insight about this compound yet. I have yet to have the opportunity to check it out yet. I just wanted to comment on Air "Talkie Walkie". It's an amazing, beautiful album on it's own - but Dissociative's just make it fucking AMAZING!! Thank you for giving them a shout out in the thread. Music + Dissociatives = What life is SUPPOSED to be on a daily basis if everyone would just shut the fuck up and get ALONG already! I view Air as my generations Pink Floyd if that makes sense. They absolutely have their own unique thing going on - but they have a few songs that I would swear remind me so much of Floyd around their Dark Side of the Moon times. Really GREAT music. Check it out if you don't already know. You'll be wanting to see them live soon after.
I think I'm going to give this compound a go. Any opinions of this VS MXP? Do the Disco Heads have a preference of which one they would rather enjoy? If I check this compound out, I will almost definitely give it a go IV - as I have with just about every compound that I enjoy which I felt was "Safe" to put into a point and put it in my veins.................I've used MXE IV for the past 3+ years now, and I'm still alive and doing well everybody. I'm not Advocating needles AT ALL. If you can get off just fine without this ROA - STAY AWAY!!! IV Disco's are a REALM OF THEIR OWN. That's the only way I can explain it. Stay safe everyone. Enjoy this new compound while it lasts...............let's try and keep it on the LOW so it DOES LAST FOR EVERYONE!! I used to make the mistake of wanting to "Preach the MXE Gospel" - but truthfully, these beautiful compounds are better kept to just US. I will forever agree internally that Dissociative's administered properly to the right people in power around the world could change everything and turn our world into an Amazing Place - or we could easily create Hell unintentionally. It's just hard to say......................so let's keep the little Gems of life like this compound to ourselves. I've learned my preaching lessons. I see a couple of folks in this thread that have the potential of becoming preachy - have fun, spread the information that helps us all experiment in a safer manner - but keep these new compounds safe so we don't have to lose another one too soon. Take care.