• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Dangerous Combinations Thread

vaproate 2c-c combination

Call me lazy, but to just scroll thru looking for the needle in the haysteck is just undo able right now. The dangerous combo faq states this combo is dangerous which strikes me as odd. Just seems like a very mild med at 1000/ 1500 mg a day can't imagine mdma is ok but 2c-c or shrooms par example would turn it into a dangerous combo?

Any explanation why on valproate / valproic acid or depakine it is dangerous to take 2c-c. Or any other phenethylamine or tryptamine for who knows.

Has anyone here any knowledge if a-pvp is to be harmful or dangerous in combination with other drugs? I know from some friends that eat a lot of pills, I suppose they are benzo type, that eye sight was lost for some seconds at two instances and from another one that eyesight was made into "soup" (sounded to me like ketaminish) for some hours.

I know that Miprocin (x-x-mipt) is turned into a wild beast if under the influence of a-pvp, however doesn't seem to be harmful just a wicked photoshop 100% edit mode is unveiled... Im guessing that a-pvp is blocking reuptake of some of the 5-HTx reseptor (especially 5-HT2a reseptor).

The only thing I know about the pyrovalerone stimulants is that they are potent dopamine re-uptake inhibitors (and probably inhibitors of norepinephrine re-uptake to some extent). They will be dangerous in combo with MAOIs (think ayahuasca, aMT, and pharms such as tranycypromine), Ibogaine, and possibly DXM if it is metabolized by CYP2D6. They should not be dangerous in combo with classic psychedelics.

Maybe your friend took too much and went a bit loopy. Or, maybe - if it came in pills - it was cut with other ingredients. An odd reaction for a plain stimulant, but not entirely unheard of.

Thanks for interesting information. I can just add that being under influence of say 50-100mg a-pvp an hour in will alter the effects or experience dramatically for atleast 5-meo-mipt and 5-ho-mipt. 5-meo-mipt which is usually without visuals becomes almost like a heavy mushroom trip with LSD features in skipping body and being at eg. 5 places at the same time without really knowing where you really are... Intense colours and leaves you pretty wore out after. Been tested a few times with different people with same reactions. Also smoking weed makes weed become almost LSD aswell, out of body experiences and pretty much the same.

I have finally gotten rid of my a-pvp, as I do not like stims that makes drugs you know behave like new drugs you have no control over.

My a-pvp was in powder form, the white version. The brown version I never really experienced any of this with. The brown and white a-pvp does not behave identical aswell - two different drugs in my opinon however supposedly being the same. Different batches...

Well, you might think that - but on the other hand, ketamine is widely used with propofol, under the name ketofol - for exactly the opposite effect, making the combination less of a respiratory depressant.

"Combining Ketamine and Propofol (“Ketofol”) for Emergency Department Procedural Sedation and Analgesia: A Review" - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2672224/

Agreed! I was treated with what may well have been the above mixture in the 90's after a severe allergic asthma attack. Ketamine produces an unusual effect whereby it brings unconciousness whilst increasing CNS activity stimulating the heart & lungs despite unconciouness. I don't think man has discovered any other drug with such a unique combination of effects such as those produced by Ket & because of that it's commonly used in Intensive Care Units & in emergency medicine. Ketamine was wdely used during the Vietnam war for battlefield anesthesia.

I was until now unaware that it was combined with Propfol, so I wonder if that was used on me... I do know that I was tripping for a MONTH after being anesthesised with Ketamine for a week! Yeah, a MONTH! Haha!

I'm not sure if anyone has an answer, but the trip reports from most depakote, lithium, and a number of other similar psych meds are almost 100% negative.

Levomepromazine (Nozinan) + Stimulants and or Amphetamine. Levomepromazine is a potent CYP2D6 inhibitor and trust me it is not fun doing this. It caused extreme anxiety, a steady BPM of 130 ish and noticeable vasoconstriction. This was with regular amphetamine. So Lord knows what the outcome of other combinations would be or a lot of either drug.
I would think the same applies for any drugs broken down mainly by CYP2D6. The majority of the family of Anti-Psychotics (not to be confused with Benzodiazepine) seem to inhibit the CYP2D6. And if you are prescribed them the half life seems to be 12 hours (Nozinan) so be EXTREMELY cautious.
Also not to be mixed with Benzos, Alcohol, PCP (MXE and other analogs) and Ketamine. Due to respiratory depression and possibly failure.

Hi, I'm curious about the effects of taking LSD while on Venlafaxine (Effexor; a SNRI) regularly. My friend is interested in tripping and from what I can gather it seems to be relatively safe except the few trip reports I find seem to indicate she may need a larger dose than usual due to her medication. She has been on Velafaxine for years and I believe she takes >=100mg a day. We took mushrooms together once and she definitely needed at least a double dose to get the same effects as every one else. I'm assuming it may be the same with LSD? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Your research is correct skyhighclaw - while the combination is not dangerous it is possible that a slightly higher dose will be needed. Probably not double though.

Perhaps more important when considering this is whether someone being treated for a psychiatric disorder should be taking powerful psychoactive drugs in the first place, when they have every potential to worsen such conditions.

I see, that is also a concern of mine but I know she was originally prescribed Venlafaxine years ago due to a serious car accident that damaged portions of her face and also had some effect on her brain chemistry. Originally I don't think she was depressed but after the accident it was unavoidable due to the physical/chemical changes cause by the wreck. I'll mention it to her just to make sure she feels confident about it. I appreciate the response!

Hi BL,

OK, I have recently been prescribed Ritonavir, an antiretroviral known to interfere with CYT-P450 detox enzymes, and I'm wondering about information on which drugs to avoid. I know that MDMA can be dangerous. I see that mescaline is also listed here

I'm thinking of exploring the PEA and tryptamine RC's. The addition of mescaline in that list is something I wasn't aware of, I'm wondering would the phenethylamines also pose a danger of interaction.

I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone know the liver enzymes involved in the metabolism of PEA and tryptamines... as Ritonavir is known to inhibit CYP3A4.

TIA.

Hi BL,

OK, I have recently been prescribed Ritonavir, an antiretroviral known to interfere with CYT-P450 detox enzymes, and I'm wondering about information on which drugs to avoid. I know that MDMA can be dangerous. I see that mescaline is also listed here

I'm thinking of exploring the PEA and tryptamine RC's. The addition of mescaline in that list is something I wasn't aware of, I'm wondering would the phenethylamines also pose a danger of interaction.

I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone know the liver enzymes involved in the metabolism of PEA and tryptamines... as Ritonavir is known to inhibit CYP3A4.

TIA.
I think since the quantity of material ingested is so much smaller for most PEA and tryptamine analogues it wouldn't apply. No idea though.

Thanks Bloodshed.

Fuck it, I will proceed with caution. Small dose. 2C-E would not be a good compound to OD on LOL!

So I haven't read the entire thread (obviously) but I just wanted to say that lithium and LSD do not mix. There is already speculation on it but for the most part people think it could cause seizures. I can say that I have experienced a grand mal seizure, when I have no history of any seizures, mixing the two.

I'm on 1500mg of lithium daily (the only prescription i take daily, i also have xanax scrip but rarely use em, occasionally take like fish oil supplements n whatnot.) and usually just to make sure I will stop taking 'em for a week before dropping LSD. Then I'm usually fine (disclaimer: I am bipolar and LSD can put me into a dangerous, full-blown mania, but that is not the lithium/lsd combo.)

Once I took my regular tab (which I've tripped on before) on whim, without planning. So therefore I had take lithium the night before. That trip was very visually disorienting but I just figured it was how my trip was supposed to be. I felt dizzy and could barely walk. I was painting (what I usually so) through all this for several hours and then went to a party. Throughout the night I was disoriented but was just like "I'm just tripping." Then BAM! I have a grand mal seizure. I come to in an ambulance, no clue what's happening.

I think my blood pressure was abnormally low all throughout the few hours following I the hospital, everyone was shocked I was like awake and well. Yes I bit my tongue, was foaming at the mouth (I hear) and hit my head on concrete, passing out. Thank god I wasn't alone but come to think of it I definitely could've died.

The weirdest thing though is that after the seizure I had almost no lingering effects from from the lsd after my seizure. Usually my trips I can "feel" for 24+ hrs (like not tripping per se, but there are lingering effects, maybe because I am bipolar, which feels like hypomania or mania and can often manifest into one.) I just fell asleep that night without a problem when usually I'm up for, like I said, 24 hrs at the very least. I was definitely a little discombobulated, but maybe not as much as I thought I'd be.

I'm new so I hope I posted this in the right place, I basically registered to share my story i guess.

If someone was taking an MAOI (irreversible) for 16 days with a dose of 60mg, approximately how long should one wait to avoid any problems with DXM?

Since it was only 16 days give it a month?

I know the risks involved but only being on the MAOI for 16 days isn't that long.

Maybe 2 months to be on the safe side?

One thing that is totally missing here is benzodiazapenes (incl etizolam).

I know they are often used in the treatment of many drug related emergencies, but what ones can they cause, and what combinations are known to be unsafe?

I think mixing with large amounts of alcohol, opiates or GHB (etc.) is obviously a bad idea, but what else?

MAOI's?

One thing that is totally missing here is benzodiazapenes (incl etizolam).

Probably because this is in PD and mainly intended as a resource on psychedelic drugs.

Benzos do not cause many unexpected interactions, but as you correctly highlighted the risks of combining them with other sedatives are very large. They can be safely combined with any other class of drug, including MAOIs. Mixing with dissociative anaesthetics can lead to much more rapid general anaesthesia.

Hi, How safe is it to be taking a 300mg 5-MAPB pellet, followed by 60mg AMT (planned at T+~5:00h). We also plan on redosing the AMT around T+~16:00h.
I'm relatively new to RCs, but I've dosed 1.2g of 5-MAPB in one night, with few side effects, and had 75mg of AMT on another occasion.
Basically, we want the quick come-up of the 5-MAPB, and the long lasting effects of the AMT.
I'm just slightly concerned due to all of this MAOI stuff. =P
We're planning on starting approx 31 hours from this post time, so time is of the essence, for anyone who could advise. Cheers. =3

This is definitely not safe because Amt+MDMA is not recommended as well and it could lead to serotonine-syndrome.

Other than that your doses seem really exaggerated and especially with 5-MAPB there are at least two really bad stories here in this thread:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/657421-The-Big-amp-Dandy-5-MAPB-Thread

The two members suffered very unpleasant symtoms after using (much) lower doses but more frequently.

This is the second time I here of these supposed 300mg Pellets and I highly doubt they contain that much. Do they have a break-line? It would be cool if you could upload a picture of these.

I noticed this:

Beta-blockers (e.g. Propranolol, Atenolol):

X All stimulants and empathogens (e.g. Amphetamine, Cocaine, MDMA, Mephedrone)
X aMT (alpha-Methyltryptamine)
X LSD/LSA
X Datura/Belladonna/Brugmansia

What's with the acid one? I've did a lot of psychedelics lately on beta blockers including LSD without realizing. Also how soon after is it okay to use stimulants/empathogens? I've did this a good few times already how unsafe is it? Just on 40mg instant Propranolol but was originally 80 and I only take when I feel needed due to interactions.

It really depends on the doseage. Better not mix them again, i used the 40 mg ir without much effects and my morning dose of 80 mg xr seems to have worn of during most of my afternoon usage, but one morning when still a bit stimulated (beta ketones) I took my daily dose of 80mg xr and got a very bad reaction when that literraly kicked in.

While I use Propranolol daily in combination with Concerta (therapeutic dose), it seems that higher dosage with recreational stims can spell trouble. (and maybe the order taken has some effect too)
I have taken stims over my residual daily 80mg xr and not be affected, but while taking 80mg while still stimulated the next morning unleished hell..

Maybe the initial comeup of the 80 mg xr is strong enough to create havoc, while subsiding during the day, im not sure, but I'm not going to find out anytime soon;)

From now on I skip Propranolol on the day I use stims and the day after or maybe 20mg ir at most but i'd rather take a benzo to comedown or relax if needed.

Believe me you dont want to experience that shit. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Celexa and 4FA appears to be unsafe combo

SSRIs are safe to use with MDMA, they block the serotonin release from happening in the first place.

My friend who is currently taking Celexa (an SSRI) had a fine time taking MDA, thus we figured that 4-FA would be fine too. To play it safe, he only took 75mg, as opposed to our 150mg, and it's a damn good thing. He wound up getting wicked high and, as the evening progressed, developing symptoms that were perhaps indicative of serotonin syndrome. His body became quite warm and sweaty, his pulse went up higher than ours, and he threw up a number of times. He was quite incapacitated. I'm sure if he had taken as much as us, we would have had to take him to the hospital. Just want to get the word out about that one. Despite whatever similarities there are between 4-FA and MDMA/MDA, the difference in pharmacology produces a significant difference in this combo. Be warned!!!

It does not appear to be as strong as was first thought, but it is still wise to exercise caution. There have been some great discussions fairly recently but I can't find any of them. There is an archived discussion here about the MAOI properties of aMT

I think problems with mixing aMT with serotonin releasers have more to do with aMT's monoamine releasing properties/mechanisms than with it's MAOI properties. Many things (like chocolate) have some mild MAOI properties, but they are nowhere near the same league as real MAOIs, and don't have any real health contraindications. It would probably be quite dangerous to mix AMT with a real MAOI.
I mixed a pretty small dose of aMT with a small dose of MDMA (maybe 60mg) once and got a little of the eye wobbles and stuff. Definitely made me glad I had only taken a little. Felt like it was going in the wrong direction.