• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Cluster Headaches, Migraines and Psychedelics Thread

Hah well damn, if this works for a lot of people that would be a really convenient remedy as you could easily grow all you want! Not surprising but funny that not much thought (as far as I know) has be put into trying the seeds out.

I don't suffer from migraines but it'd be interesting to see more reports

Using LSA to treat headaches is a pretty old trick. I'm surprised to see it works with such small amounts.

I suspect that LSD and psilocin may not offer many significant advantages over LSA. LSD with it's ability to bind to a wide range of receptors will probably be similarly effective to LSA though obviously more potent, but psilocin is more selective for 5-ht2a/5-ht1a. The pharmacology of LSA is anything but well-studied and I suspect its binding profile may be rather dissimilar to other psychedelics, possibly accounting for its unusual effectiveness. It also demonstrates effectiveness in treating cluster headaches:

http://www.clusterbusters.com/lsa.htm

I personally have never tried lsa for my migraines. However, I have become a strong advocate for psilocybin and dmt for the treatment of my migraines. I started this treatment about over a year ago around May 2011.....I have yet to get a migraine since! I truly am grateful for finding my "cure."
They were definitely migraines, I've suffered since the age of seven (now 28 ). I have gone to neurologists with little success....prescribed pills, nose sprays, injections....again with little success and with a whole lot of side effects on top of it. It had got so bad I would contemplate suicide whilst under the escrutiating pain. I would have to administer myself with multiple injections of phenergan/toradol just to find relief and then to wake up in a stupor/psychosis from the residual effects....I could go my whole life without ever having another injection or the horrible taste of maxalt (which didn't work worth shit imo). I finally wouldn't take anymore and would just endure the pain....This truly is what hell is!!
The dmt was first taken in May 2011 with immediate effects...going from multiple migraines a month sometimes a week down to completely NOTHING!! It has been over a year since my last migraine and still holding strong- the longest in my life so far. The psilocybin was started in Sept. mostly as preventive and meditative tools. I haven't taken anything since Feb. and still am holding strong.
I am starting to acquire some more tools so I am definitely not stopping my treatment anytime soon.
I have been failed by conventional western medicine with my migraines. Doing research it is well known that dmt, psilocybin, lsd, ergotamines, mescaline are all 5ht2a serotonin receptors which causes vasoconstriction of the blood vessels in the brain. The mechanism behind the migraine is a bulge in the blood vessel causing the pain...the vasoconstriction treats or prevents the bulge. Interesting enough is that all the conventional migraine medicines target these same receptors for the vasoconstriction properties...there is evidence of the efficacy of these compounds for migraine treatment but until the government gives up some of its stringent controls on pharmaceutical research these compounds will be left out...in a way I don't think they want to find a cure same as with aids and cancer. The government has their hands in the pockets of these drug companies...the thought just completely disgusts me!

Every time I drop acid, or trip on MG's the first effects I notice is a feeling of having a vice slowly release from my head / brain / mind...

It's like a headache I didn't notice I had goes away.

Every-time.

Feels amazing.

Used to have migraines as a kid. The memories are enough to make me wince... throwing up every time someone closes a nearby door and the noise rips through your head like a .50 cal slug.

They tapered off through my adolescence for some reason. Good for me I suppose, but I have a friend who gets them quite badly. She's not a recreational drug user but I think she'd try this medicinal use.

The Main Cluster Headaches, Migraines and Psychedelics Thread

Anyone start taking magic mushrooms because of cluster headaches???My friend has them,and it seems psilocybin is the best medicine for them.Any info might be life changing...It's a very serious condition known in the past as"suicide headaches".

A friend of mine originally started using LSD for this reason and was positively surprised, apparently curiosity got the better of him and he tried an active dose. About the effectivity: it works very well.

Doses needed for cluster headaches are considerably lower though. Apparently they can stay away for quite a while after taking a psychedelic so yes I would recommend it. We are talking about taking a sub-active (psychologically speaking) dose of physically harmless drugs. The only thing I am not 100% about is breaking the law, but considering 'possession' in moron countries like the US, you can bet your ass it is implicit in a lot of talk around here and we just shoosh about it. ;)

no experience with it but i've read/seen lots about cluster headaches and psychedelics. It seems the higher the dose the longer the headaches stay away. Some patients enjoy the psychedelia, others don't. A low dose is still effective and won't make a normal person trip really.

there is plenty of info out there, even just from searching google you'll find tons of articles about psychedelics and cluster headaches.

One bit of practical advice I can offer is that LSA containing seeds also seem to work. This is according to a discussion I had with a woman who headed up the local chapter of a cluster headache sufferers organization. They may not be as effective as LSD or mushrooms, I can't say one way or the other as it's anecdotal, but obviously LSA containing seeds are cheaper and easier for more people to get a hold of than illicit substances. As Solipsis said, serotonergic psychedelics tend to be effective at preventing them even at sub-psychedelic doses. I know a full psychedelic LSD experience has been reported to prevent them for up to many months for some sufferers, and so I would guess that perhaps simply swallowing a sub-psychedelic dose of Hawian Baby Woodrose seeds once or twice a week might provide something approaching comprable preventative efficacy for those unable or unwilling to use full dose psychedelics. Of course, with something so profoundly painful as a cluster headache I wouldn't recommend trying out sub-psychedelic doses of a psychedelic that might not be as effective as LSD/mushrooms to someone who has access to the tried and true substances, but some may find their circumstances less fortunate.

Last edited:
I use lsa seeds and occasionally lsd for migraine treatment. Works like no other :)
In my experience sub psychedelic dosages work fine to defeat a migraine. I haven't tested the correlation between increased intensity of trip and migraine frequency though.

I have used ~1/8 a strong blotter (maybe 25ug? ), 4–10 mg seeds, and 1HBWR (*note these were mad potent woodrose, psychedelic at 2 seeds) each on multiple occasions as migraine treatment. This has worked every time, and let me stress, nothing had ever worked to slow the stampede of an impeding migraine before i worked with ergoloids...god bless the ergoloids! Medicinal miracle for sufferers as myself :)

Using psychedelics to ease migraine pain ?

sorry guys....couldnt be arsed to look for / start a thread......

micro-dosing lsd to get rid of migraines.....anyone tried this....?

dont get em often but when i do they're un-fucking-bearable.....can feel one heading my way and got some al-lad

Looking around I hear a lot of people talking about low-doses, though not micro-doses. Those people might not know the difference, but nonetheless a sub-threshold dose could not be enough

^ in that case its probably not what i'm looking for.
Even a slight change in perception would make it unsuitable as a painkiller IMO.

Do kinda see the logic behind linking lsd to migraines as i get tracers and patterns breath in the early stage, lots of visual noise throughout.

Oh well, thanks for the reply... was and still am to lazy to research it myself atm =-]

Well if nothing helps you could definitely try a micro-dose, most of the forums I came by were not really like what we have here and while their experience is definitely worthwhile, their knowledge of LSD was a bit lacking. (from first sight, that is) What I'm trying to say is that they might just not know that micro-dosing has an effect, so they may not have tried it.

Would the effects on migraines be from the aid in circulation caused by micro-doses? I don't recall the mechanism behind mushrooms and cluster headaches though I have experienced their benefit myself, but what would LSD do in order to stop the migraines? is it 5ht2 based or circulatory?

^I think 5HTr-based, because there's a bunch of migraine medicine that target those receptors. Not too sure, but something like that is going on..

Migraines come from bursts of unusual electric activity in the brain, maybe from neurofeedback sorts of effects. LSD causes its own disruption preventing migraines from being able to be set off. I think.
A friend of mine started using LSD for migraines, I don't think you would really need much. I would personally take maybe 50 ug but you may not even need that much. If it doesn't work you either didn't take enough or it is the wrong kind of headache. It should help with cluster headaches, but maybe not all types of migraines.

Please an appropriate thread for discussing this, or make one yourself. :)
Just multi-quote a couple of people there from posts in this thread if you want.
thnx

In truth, I would say that the -triptan drug family (sumatriptan) may be more appropriate and effective. I get migraines from time to time and would really not want to be tripping with that head-vice-flashflash feeling of migraine too. That said, I get quite nauseous on LSD/analogues so perhaps thts provoking my hesitancy. YMMV :) I really sympathise with your experience though; migraines are ridiculously. Its an odd and pointless condition and seems to serve no purpose at all. I'm used to pain as a signal from my body of danger/risk but migraine pain is excruciating and with no obvious physical catalyst. Almost frightening (to me at least). Nothing to do but wait for it to finish, a feeling of anxiety and dread that I wouldn't especially want to experience whilst simultaneously tripping. I get migraines sometimes from eating smoked/cured meat products and sometimes from caffeine (I think) so dietary control is quite important to migraine sufferers.

Peace <3

Thanks to those who replied.
Glad i'm not the only one who has found migraines frightening, I always thought it was just me being a bit of a wuss !

It's an interesting idea, though psychedelics tend to make my headaches worse, almost unbearable at times. It seems the come up is the worst, then once I've peaked they subside, and then begin to come back during the come down.
The headache I had with 2ce last time I did it was absolutely unbearable, it felt like my head was going to explode, then the peak hit and I was fine.
Perhaps it had to do with all the k I'd done in the days preceding since I was at a music festival, although I did stay hydrated and tried my best to eat twice a day and snack on food all day before dropping

EDIT: my headaches aren't migraines however, I would be absolutely terrified with my experiences to try psychedelics to ease a migraine

Migraines are a fucking nightmare, I too am petrified of them. Mine are caused by various triggers in order of severity... chocolate, cheese, cream, yoghurt, red wine, red grape juice, cranberry juice. It's a source of endless amusement amongst my friends that I'll confidently neck the most obscure little known psychoactive chemical but run screaming from the room if someone offers me a chocolate or hands me a glass of wine!

I understand Psilocybin to be very useful in preventing Cluster Headaches, which along with Migraine are amongst the most painful conditions known to medicine, & I've heard there are treatments for Migraine that use Lysergides of some sort that are related to LSD, so it's entirely possible that use of psychedelics generally improves the condition. Whether it would be possible to treat a migraine with an LSD trip I really don't think I have the balls to find out...

My migraines have become progressively less severe & appear less often as I've grown olders, I'm 45 now, & my intake of various psychedelic drugs has increased! But I rather doubt the two are related as the same thing happened to my mum (her migraines eased as she got older) but she never had any LSD or Psilocybin, to my knowledge... ;)

I've found that only the 2c series of psychedelics the most likely to cause a headache during the comedown. This might be due to a tendency to trip during daylight but that doesn't explain why LSz or 4-ho-met doesn't produce a headache even when used during daylight. Headache on the downside of a 2c-e or 2c-t-2 experience is very common & I doubt it's related to whether or not the sufferer also gets Migraines.

I was once instructed that when a migraine is onset, it can be counter-acted by vigorous excercise. The theory goes thus - A blood vessel between the brain & the eye contracts & effects the vision. An "aura" is observed, a disruption to the visual field, often in the same place. After a short time this visual disturbance retreats & the agonsing headache replaces it. Apparently, this is once the body has detected the constricted blood vessel & is counteracting it by expanding the blood vessel which then presses on the brain, causing the pain that's famously ouch! If one excercises vigourously as soon as possible after noticing the visual disturbance, the activity expands the blood vessel, returning it to it's usual state WITHOUT the body having to take action thus negating the headache. I have tried this a number of times in the last 5 or 10 years & since doing so my headaches have been much, much less severe & occassionally they completely fail to appear!

Migraines are a fucking nightmare, I too am petrified of them. Mine are caused by various triggers in order of severity... chocolate, cheese, cream, yoghurt, red wine, red grape juice, cranberry juice. It's a source of endless amusement amongst my friends that I'll confidently neck the most obscure little known psychoactive chemical but run screaming from the room if someone offers me a chocolate or hands me a glass of wine!

I feel bad for you, there are few better things in this world than chocolate and wine and cheese.
But I have heard about psilocybin helping headaches as well, actually my hairdresser who is a strong marijuana and mushroom advocate was telling me she heard of a guy who would get horrifically painful head pain (which now I assume to be cluster headaches, makes the most sense) and every few months he would isolate himself in his house, take an eighth of zoomers, and by the end they would be gone for a another few months

Stitching together threads on this matter to make a B&D, the subject does not only include psychedelics but also some direct analogues of psychedelics such as BOL (bromo-LSD) which is not psychoactive.

My biggest question at the moment is how well it works for migraines rather than cluster headaches...

Nice to have everything in one place, good job :)

I feel bad for you, there are few better things in this world than chocolate and wine and cheese.

Tell me about it. I have these ecstatic dreams where I eat an entire bar of Cadbury's Milk & then, in the dream, I realise what I've done & that the mother of all migraines is now on the way & the dream turns nightmare & I awake sweating & shitting myself Lol The relief when I realise it's a dream is beyond desciption!

Hi a fellow cluster headache sufferer here going on 7 years of chronic pain, every day this beast hits and every day its soul destroying, where as most psychedelics have never worked for me, Mushrooms seem good at lowering the intensity of an attack but its never completely aborted them or prevented them from happening.

Are you episodic or a chronic sufferer ? i.e do you have them year round or just a few months of the year ?

I recommend you hit the cluster busters website its has all the info you need.
http://clusterbusters.com/

Sorry that you have to deal with this, don't let the beast win, stay positive because after a while these things kick your ass but troop through it and remember even if you loved ones cant comprehend the amount of pain your in, they do have to watch us go through it and that's heart breaking enough.

A frozen bag of peas are the key to my heart.

Also over on facebook we have a pretty good page with lots of support from other sufferers, PM if you want the link or have any more questions :)

One more thing when it starts to hurt chug a can redbull or a similar energy drink, that 5/10 stop it from happening , you have to drink it all asap,
a shameless plug I know but I have a blog in which I harp on about psychedelics and pain management check it out
http://wubbswriting.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited: